AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-26, 23:02   Link #1181
Areswarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
when did van get the "perfect recording technique"?
Back at the end of vol 9 when he ate the record god
Areswarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 03:43   Link #1182
sasuke706

Volume 4 is set to come out next month.

It's also getting a manga.
No details about it yet.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 05:21   Link #1183
kari-no-sugata II

Excellent news. It sometimes felt to me like the story wasn't getting much love from the buying public but glad to see V4 already (V3 took forever) and a manga adaptation is a good sign.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 06:46   Link #1184
lexlexz

manga !!!!!!
in the new chapter i realy didnt understand the ending(google trans)
Spoiler for :
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 07:04   Link #1185
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
manga !!!!!!
in the new chapter i realy didnt understand the ending(google trans)
Spoiler for :
Yep. I'll re-post something I posted elsewhere...

Not that much happened. Van makes it clear (yet again) that he's not interested in hanging around in the capital and if anything goes wrong he'll leave immediately. He also offers to take Arthur's group to Talosheim is anything goes wrong. They have been investigating the "face peeler" and they've spotted signs of using holy water being used, which is highly unusual - it would only be effective against Van and the spiritualist that he's heard about and he wonders about looking into people buying lots of holy water.

The meeting itself is an informal "tea party" at a quiet location - a mansion typically used for secret or unofficial meetings. The tea party itself will take place in the courtyard. Apparently it'll be big enough for Van to bring all his "tamed monsters". Van's ghosts have been checking it out but some places are protected with barriers.

And yeah, the "false face peeler" turns out to be one of the duke's knights. I'll need to re-read the bit carefully but I think he got caught red handed by one of the other knights. I think this was just 1 hour before the tea party was due to begin.

I wouldn't be surprised if the face peeler knight kills the other one and tries to ambush Van during the tea party. That would mean the duke just lost two (or three since IIRC the bad knight had a friend) of his knights and possibly earns Van's enmity. If Van can talk to the ghosts (eg holy water wasn't able to be used in time) then maybe he can be satisfied that the duke is innocent. Maybe Van will propose to say that the face peeler assassinated the knights but was stopped by Arthur's group - technically they did come to the town due to receiving an oracle from their gods and they are officially aligned with Alda so this might be an easy sell. That would help the gods that are moving to Vida's side and also means that Van isn't tied to the city so he might like that. Such a thing would also show to the duke that Van isn't hostile.

PS The author is taking a break so instead of a 4 day break between chapters there'll be an 8 day break.
Old 2018-06-06, 08:39   Link #1186
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Excellent news. It sometimes felt to me like the story wasn't getting much love from the buying public but glad to see V4 already (V3 took forever) and a manga adaptation is a good sign.
So far, each volume has had about 6-7 months between each release. In fact, i predicted elsewhere that volume 4 would be coming out in either July or August. So yeah, doesn't seem we're getting any speed-up.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-06, 09:56   Link #1187
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
So far, each volume has had about 6-7 months between each release. In fact, i predicted elsewhere that volume 4 would be coming out in either July or August. So yeah, doesn't seem we're getting any speed-up.
Well, there was a 5 month gap between LN1 and LN2 and a 7 month gap between LN2 and LN3 which was rather worrying considering sales didn't look too good... so going down to a 6 month gap (LN3 to LN4) is an improvement.
Old 2018-06-11, 23:52   Link #1188
Imagine Breaker

Posted this in the novelupdates forum:

I'm starting to wonder now what makes Van's God Devourer and Soul Devourer different from cases like that Evil God of Cannibalism, Zanalpadna (who absorbed each other), Zantark (who absorbed two deities) and others...

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 00:48   Link #1189
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine Breaker View Post

I'm starting to wonder now what makes Van's God Devourer and Soul Devourer different from cases like that Evil God of Cannibalism, Zanalpadna (who absorbed each other), Zantark (who absorbed two deities) and others...
Absorbed = became a part of something/ fusion/a combination of one or more thing.

Devoure = eat/ became a nutrient/ dominated/ crushed/ a former singularity decomposed into pure energy without any impurity such as(mind, ego, or lingering will)

I think?
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 03:18   Link #1190
LelouchR1

Quote:

It's really hard question!? Even don't know what to say
Old 2018-06-13, 09:02   Link #1191
Areswarlord

if vans slime eats that other one do you think he will evolve and gain it powers? and after van eats the god will he destroy the others or move them to the empire?
Old 2018-06-13, 10:11   Link #1192
sasuke706

Quote:

This is mostly speculation, but I'll give it a crack.

Unlike Van, the Fire God and the Cannibal God respectively likely underwent more of a fusion than absorption, but with one personality reigning primarily dominant at the end.
Like Zantark became unable to speak normally and at the time of the fusion, went on a rampage. He effectively became a completely different entity from all of the parts used to make him. He was affected permanently and irreversibly.
The Cannibal god is likely a similar situation, it's just he likely had good affinity with the God of Deprivation, both being gods that essentially take other's shit and makes it their own in different ways.

Now, you may ask how this is different from Van's god eating, but there's actually quite a few ways it can be.
As it notes in the chapter, the cannibal god becomes a new god (共食いと強奪の邪悪神), a result different from, of course, any of the parts used to make him, with the mountain god not even becoming a significant part due to being partially destroyed already by the demon lord. In a sense, you could say the demon lord actually helped prepared the mountain god as a meal, tenderizing it and whatnot. It's been mentioned that soul fragments will eventually just fade away and all, probably making them fairly safe to eat in the long-run.
Van, however, will always just be Van no matter how many things he eats; he is ultimately physically and mentally unaffected by what he eats.
The cannibal god, having become the evil wicked god of cannibalism and deprivation, can probably safely be considered that this is the first time he's managed to successfully eat another god considering how he was just the cannibal god before.
This could simply mean he's managed to bite chunks off before but has never had a the full course, spit them out later after he got what he needed, that he's never managed to eat a god whatsoever in any form before, etc.

This probably means that even if they both possess the ability of eating others in some way or another, Van has the ability to properly digest what he eats, whereas the cannibal god likely does not concerning souls.
We can assume this is the case due to it being constantly noted that the only beings that can truly affect souls are Van and the Demon Lord, with Rodocorte also being able to an extent.
To put it in Lovecraft terms, the two evil/wicked gods essentially simultaneously consumed/digested each other and what came out is the thing it is now, predominantly considering itself the former cannibal god.

Kinda like how the demon lord's shadow really thought it was the pureblood vampire despite having completely taken over already.
Old 2018-06-13, 10:41   Link #1193
kari-no-sugata II

Normally I try to avoid such comparisons but I couldn't help come up with Dragonball reference:

Van eating souls (or soul fragments) is like Goku eating an enemy he just killed. Goku becomes satiated.

These two gods merging is like Goku and someone else merging with Fusion. A new being is created.

Maybe I should re-read the chapter but as I understood it the two evil gods merged and they then ate the mountain god guy.
Old 2018-06-14, 00:08   Link #1194
lexlexz

you cant escape death (van)
i mean death cant escape his sight
Old 2018-06-14, 00:10   Link #1195
lexlexz

you cant escape death (van)
i mean death cant escape his sight
Old 2018-06-16, 02:14   Link #1196
Garn

It's annoying that Vandalieu can not do anything without being hurt, I hope that with this enemy he learns to stop lowering his guard.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 02:33   Link #1197
Breimn

He relies too much on his death sensing skill .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 02:43   Link #1198
Garn

The problem is that this is a recurrent situation with each enemy moderately important, apart, it is assumed that Vandalieu should already have an abnormal reaction/speed be it physical or mental, the easiest example was when they tested Fang by kicking him.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 02:44   Link #1199
sasuke706

It's not like he was ill-prepared, he just didn't assess the situation properly.
He assumed the guy rushing him was a decoy—which he really is, just a dangerous one—because he knows everyone there knows his about his high combat abilities.
Him being prepared would be rather hard considering Van's likely never heard of skills being stolen. The only thing he could do is use magic instead, but he likely wanted to avoid them learning about Death Magic or his Ghost Magic from the analyze guy next to them.
So the safest option considering the circumstances was just slaughtering the decoy guy in melee.
It's a hindsight situation.

Van has high stats, but his stats are still like maybe 2 or 3 times that of an average A rank adventurer; that's still plenty of time to lag behind a little from surprise.
The decoy guy is likely as strong as an A rank, maybe worse. So while there is a difference in speed, it wouldn't be enough to pull his arm out before it got chewed off upon the realization that stabbing him wasn't working.

Regardless, Van can probably just eat the guy's soul to get the skills back.
If not, the first half of the series was Van literally relearning the things he could do on Origin anyway, so more relearning could lead to new developments with those skills.
Or rather, his perfect memory skill can probably relearn them in an instant even.
Old 2018-06-16, 20:47   Link #1200
Areswarlord

Something I just realized, now that the darkness God's are with them the ninjas are going to finally getting magic and blessings just right for them. Who better to make perfect uses of shadow, darkness, and dark clouds then vans ninjas.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist