AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 07:59   Link #21
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
nope, Alto is also one. it s mentioned in vol 1. and mentioned again that several times.

this is so nice, so Alto's first is Alto and Sheryl's is Alto, so nice for me as a Sherylxalto fans
Well, of course there is no doubt Alto is a virg--inexperienced before Sheryl. I just pointed out that before laying it down with Alto, Sheryl had no prior experience, that is all.

And yes, it is nice to know they are each other's first.
Old 2009-12-11, 09:07   Link #22
wisteria233

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL
Spoiler for 3:
Wow so they actually did it in the novel? These novels are really interesting mostly because they are told from Alto's point of view.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:38   Link #23
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Wow so they actually did it in the novel? These novels are really interesting mostly because they are told from Alto's point of view.
Which is kind of a reversal on what they did with Alto in the series, isn't it?
Old 2009-12-11, 11:43   Link #24
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Which is kind of a reversal on what they did with Alto in the series, isn't it?
yeah, the anime was mostly from the perspective of other characters, like Ranka and Sheryl. You never got to get an idea of what Alto was thinking, which is kind of LOL that Alto attributes liking Ranka to being a Lolicon.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:49   Link #25
magnuskn

I must say the fact alone that we get more into the characters heads makes me want to read those light novels *so bad*. I hope someone fan-translates them.
Old 2009-12-11, 11:57   Link #26
wisteria233

Quote:
I must say the fact alone that we get more into the characters heads makes me want to read those light novels *so bad*. I hope someone fan-translates them.
I hope so too, question though is it canon? Cause sometimes for anime the light novels are also canon.

But I do want to read this novel, badly. I wish someone would translate it.
Old 2009-12-11, 12:05   Link #27
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I hope so too, question though is it canon? Cause sometimes for anime the light novels are also canon.
I wanted to ask just the same, before I go off creating "controversy" on the Macross World forums.
Old 2009-12-11, 12:41   Link #28
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Hmmm, I to would like to know if this is canon. What's bugging me though is that we all know what Kawamori thinks of canon so would this light novel still be considered to have happened in the actual TV series?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 08:01   Link #29
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Hmmm, I to would like to know if this is canon. What's bugging me though is that we all know what Kawamori thinks of canon so would this light novel still be considered to have happened in the actual TV series?
Dude Kawamori and canon? Does not compute!

He said Space War 1 is somewhere between Macross TV and DYRL.

Also in an interview he treats Macross as a metafiction. A story within a story. Thus we get several versions of Macross Plus and Macross Frontier events.

Only Macross 7 canon is firmly intact and unchangeable.

Macross Chronicle does confirm Earth events of MF Novel volume four happens as far as Kim Kabirov in command of the Macross 13 fleet.

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forum...35350#msg35350
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:22   Link #30
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

To paraphrase, the novels exist to provide additional information and weightier material to the canon storyline, or at least touch on more scenes that were absent in the anime adaptation, if memory serves me right. There has been quite a few who were interested in the novels and is looking to get them translated because of this factor alone, but that was a year ago, and there hasn't been any news of the novels ever since then, at least until now.

Unless there are other novels in existence, then this collection should be the one I'm referring to. (And if someone would like to correct me in this aspect, please do. )

It looks like Tak called it after all. It seems he's got some gloating sessions to look forward to considering how no one took his enraged pleas about Alto and Sheryl's smexy time seriously after the episode had aired.

With that said, I-I don't think I've managed to recover yet from the sheer fangirliness of that vol 4 scene. It's certainly a treat and I think I just fell a little in love with them all over again. The aftermath and how they just couldn't keep up the subtle mood without breaking into a catfight, it's just so them and it's exactly how I've figured it to play out if they ever did the deed. That was hilarious and adorable.

~cheesie in the wilderness
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 10:43   Link #31
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
To paraphrase, the novels exist to provide additional information and weightier material to the canon storyline, or at least touch on more scenes that were absent in the anime adaptation, if memory serves me right. There has been quite a few who were interested in the novels and is looking to get them translated because of this factor alone, but that was a year ago, and there hasn't been any news of the novels ever since then, at least until now.

Unless there are other novels in existence, then this collection should be the one I'm referring to. (And if someone would like to correct me in this aspect, please do. )

It looks like Tak called it after all. It seems he's got some gloating sessions to look forward to considering how no one took his enraged pleas about Alto and Sheryl's smexy time seriously after the episode had aired.

With that said, I-I don't think I've managed to recover yet from the sheer fangirliness of that vol 4 scene. It's certainly a treat and I think I just fell a little in love with them all over again. The aftermath and how they just couldn't keep up the subtle mood without breaking into a catfight, it's just so them and it's exactly how I've figured it to play out if they ever did the deed. That was hilarious and adorable.

~cheesie in the wilderness
Volume three and I guess Tak did say it first in the chat?
Old 2009-12-12, 14:16   Link #32
KaoruLia

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL
Spoiler for 3:
Thanks for translating!

I love the fact that the first thing that came to Alto's mind after the deed was: 'I'm glad it's kimono'. He must have been utterly freaked out/nervous during the whole time... what a typical virg-- I mean, unexperienced guy
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 04:54   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

See, sometimes it does pay off for a male to have experience wearing female clothes.

& yeah, super adorable scene is adorable.
Old 2009-12-13, 09:13   Link #34
mike_s_6

Quote:
"I(Ore) , I(boku) , I(watashi)
Anyone else think of another character from another mecha show when you read this?

Anyway, thanks for the summaries!
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 09:48   Link #35
KaoruLia

Something bugs me though -- did the staff conveniently hand-waved the V-type virus infection away or something? Because in episode 23, the issue was lightly touched upon when Sheryl cut her finger and didn't want Alto to come near, in case he gets infected. But then this contradicts with the whole sex thing from the previous episode.

Until I get a reasonable explanation, I'll just say they used a condom. It's logical...
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 10:31   Link #36
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Something bugs me though -- did the staff conveniently hand-waved the V-type virus infection away or something? Because in episode 23, the issue was lightly touched upon when Sheryl cut her finger and didn't want Alto to come near, in case he gets infected. But then this contradicts with the whole sex thing from the previous episode.

Until I get a reasonable explanation, I'll just say they used a condom. It's logical...
That'd be my thought, too.

Also, I'd really like to know how they resolved the series in the end.
Old 2009-12-13, 11:23   Link #37
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post

I'd assume the finger thing is Sheryl erring on the side of caution after realizing afterwards the crazy risks they took the last time on the spur of the moment.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 11:25   Link #38
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Right, its my turn. So here it is:

I TOLD YOU SO!

*gloat* *gloat*

Hmm...

*gloat* *gloat**gloat*

So, here is the million dollar question: Did they use protection?

Wait, don't answer that.

Here is the second million dollar question: Is Sheryl pregnant?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-12-13 at 11:46.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 11:59   Link #39
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Right, its my turn. So here it is:

I TOLD YOU SO!

*gloat* *gloat*

Hmm...

*gloat* *gloat**gloat*

So, here is the million dollar question: Did they use protection?

Wait, don't answer that.

Here is the second million dollar question: Is Sheryl pregnant?

- Tak
It would, uh, create an interesting situation when Ranka tries to run interference after the ep 25 happenings. "Uh, Ranka-chan, I gotta tell you something about Sheryl and me..."
Old 2009-12-13, 12:26   Link #40
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
It would, uh, create an interesting situation when Ranka tries to run interference after the ep 25 happenings. "Uh, Ranka-chan, I gotta tell you something about Sheryl and me..."
The end of 25 to me was Alto and Sheryl's attempt to spare Ranka further emotional woes.

They were just waiting for Ranka to grow up, really, and understand.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote