AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-10, 01:17   Link #3901
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
just how the hell did Sakaki get that hand in to pull the noob master back so that Kenichi can hit him?

I mean if he did it by rushing in and pulling then hiding back without any one seeing, including the noob master. Then his speed must be epic even for a master level, and he has never been shown to be extremely fast.

IF it was done via some sort of long distance skill, then the manga just went one step higher in terms of chi attacks and kung fu fantasy....
you seem to forget that the masters are all MONSTERS! Logic simply doesn't work with them so just give up thinking about it. don't forget though, the trick that hayato did in the mountains where he took swings at kenichi while he was standing far away and if i remember right he was once or twice in front of kenichi at the time and kenichi didn't see him move. This i just the same thing.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 06:58   Link #3902
qwertzu

For those of you who are buying the manga:

I just saw a message on twitter about volume 42 that will be out on April 18th.

There will be a normal edition and a special limited edition that comes with a capsule toy. Both versions have different covers featuring Shigure and Tochumaru.

I wonder what kind of capsule toy it's going to be. My bet is on either Shigure or Miu. *sigh* How about some cute Tanimoto?
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 09:56   Link #3903
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertzu View Post
For those of you who are buying the manga:

I just saw a message on twitter about volume 42 that will be out on April 18th.

There will be a normal edition and a special limited edition that comes with a capsule toy. Both versions have different covers featuring Shigure and Tochumaru.

I wonder what kind of capsule toy it's going to be. My bet is on either Shigure or Miu. *sigh* How about some cute Tanimoto?
Very interesting. If I recall, didn't a limited edition manga come with the Yin/Yang button. Also a quick question, but I know that there were some figures of Miu and Shigure released, but has this series ever had a Gashapon set released of it?
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 11:14   Link #3904
qwertzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Very interesting. If I recall, didn't a limited edition manga come with the Yin/Yang button. Also a quick question, but I know that there were some figures of Miu and Shigure released, but has this series ever had a Gashapon set released of it?
Yes, volume 35 came in two different versions: regular and with two buttons (Yin/Yang + cat). A far as I know there has never been a Gashapon set, but I think there has been a cute sd figurine of Shigure for the first x people who sent in a cupon that came with volume whateverthenumberwas.

EDIT: I just checked. It was volume 26 and kenichi gaiden.
Spoiler for picture of obi:

Last edited by qwertzu; 2011-03-10 at 11:31.
Old 2011-03-10, 12:17   Link #3905
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
you seem to forget that the masters are all MONSTERS! Logic simply doesn't work with them so just give up thinking about it. don't forget though, the trick that hayato did in the mountains where he took swings at kenichi while he was standing far away and if i remember right he was once or twice in front of kenichi at the time and kenichi didn't see him move. This i just the same thing.
I made allowances for the masters being monsters. It's one thing pulling off an attack or movement that Kenichi can't see but it's another thing totally to pull off an attack another master cannot even see. Even if the master is not a "grandmaster" so to speak
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 02:09   Link #3906
qwertzu

Matsuena's Website was updated with new information about the upcoming volumes.
As far as I understand these soundrops are litte drop/egg shaped keychains with a picture that make some sound if you push a button.

Vol. 42 has Shigure, Vol. 43 Apachai (Apapapapapa) und a set with the 4 remaining masters will be given to the first 250 people.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Spoiler for Vol. 42 Preview:
Old 2011-03-11, 04:20   Link #3907
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I made allowances for the masters being monsters. It's one thing pulling off an attack or movement that Kenichi can't see but it's another thing totally to pull off an attack another master cannot even see. Even if the master is not a "grandmaster" so to speak
My one complaint about the masters is that they're all so alike. Unless the master is a woman, Akisame, Ma or Kensei, they'll most likely be friggin' giants.

I get the part that masters are supposed to be super powerful, but it's becoming too repetitive already. Can't the artist use different body types?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 05:15   Link #3908
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
My one complaint about the masters is that they're all so alike. Unless the master is a woman, Akisame, Ma or Kensei, they'll most likely be friggin' giants.

I get the part that masters are supposed to be super powerful, but it's becoming too repetitive already. Can't the artist use different body types?
To be fair, that is the classic body type we would expect so naturally they would be more prevalent.

However, there are exceptions like the staff user master who is the girl's (sorry forgot the name) grandfather. Even the sword-user master that Shigure toyed with and later gave him a hoe was more slight in terms of body shape/ type.
Old 2011-03-11, 06:20   Link #3909
kujoe
from head to heel

Thanks for reminding me of those two.

My complaint isn't the fact that they're muscular, but rather they're typically gigantic in stature. It was a critique on general character design for masters.

I guess I just expect masters to all look unique and special-looking.
Old 2011-03-11, 13:24   Link #3910
Simonsy

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me of those two.

My complaint isn't the fact that they're muscular, but rather they're typically gigantic in stature. It was a critique on general character design for masters.

I guess I just expect masters to all look unique and special-looking.
you mean kind of like how in one piece the three admirals are all like 10 feet tall

why can't one of them be just a normal 6' guy?

is that what your trying to say in regards to masters? that they all seem like basically 8' tall giants
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 15:59   Link #3911
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
you mean kind of like how in one piece the three admirals are all like 10 feet tall

is that what your trying to say in regards to masters? that they all seem like basically 8' tall giants
Lol, I actually enjoy the oversizes of the masters. The thing is, the only one that has the massive size would be the Elder for the males and Kushina for the females.
Old 2011-03-11, 17:56   Link #3912
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post

Pretty much, yeah.

Certain styles will develop or reflect different body types after all. Perfect example is Akisame and Ma. Their bodies perfectly fit their chosen styles. Akisame has trained his body a certain way, whereas Ma's fighting style suits his small stature. On the other hand, female characters tend to be all the same type too, save for a few like Kisara.

Then again, the manga is pretty much unbelievable anyway. If someone as small as Chikage could toss someone like Ukita around, I guess pretty much anything goes... except "anything" in this regard isn't varied enough for the masters in my opinion.
Old 2011-03-12, 06:14   Link #3913
Terrean

Will there be a chapter this week? Probably not. I hope nothing bad happened to the people in this desaster (earthquake + nuclear explosion)
Old 2011-03-12, 06:52   Link #3914
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Then again, the manga is pretty much unbelievable anyway. If someone as small as Chikage could toss someone like Ukita around, I guess pretty much anything goes... except "anything" in this regard isn't varied enough for the masters in my opinion.
To be fair, I have seen some of the youngest students (pre-teens) in my Martial Arts class throw around men 250-300lbs. Chikage is just a really extreme skilled example of this.
Old 2011-03-14, 01:42   Link #3915
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Pretty much, yeah.

Certain styles will develop or reflect different body types after all. Perfect example is Akisame and Ma. Their bodies perfectly fit their chosen styles. Akisame has trained his body a certain way, whereas Ma's fighting style suits his small stature. On the other hand, female characters tend to be all the same type too, save for a few like Kisara.

All things being equal, a tall martial artist with longer arms and legs are normally stronger due to a longer reach. Exceptions are only when the person is very skilled, or much faster.

Speed doesn't seem to be that proportionate to body size in the manga and skills aren't dependent on body size.

Small surprise that masters are normally bigger sized. The smaller ones probably lost and were killed/maimed or are not top tier. Although I do expect there to be more variations in body size of the weapon users.
Old 2011-03-14, 11:19   Link #3916
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Speed doesn't seem to be that proportionate to body size in the manga and skills aren't dependent on body size.

Small surprise that masters are normally bigger sized. The smaller ones probably lost and were killed/maimed or are not top tier. Although I do expect there to be more variations in body size of the weapon users.
Yes, speed isn't proportionate to body size in manga. It can pretty much go beyond the realms of possibility, but that's just the thing. It can suspend one's disbelief on a lot of things, but it chooses to be oh so ordinary when a lot of masters are practically alike. Again, it's a question of character design.
Old 2011-03-14, 14:45   Link #3917
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 422:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 14:56   Link #3918
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 422:
Have to agree.
Spoiler for Spoiler for 422:
Old 2011-03-14, 15:33   Link #3919
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-14, 20:23   Link #3920
NoLongerSane

Just finished reading the scans for 422. Very enjoyable.
Spoiler for 422:

Tags
shounen