AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 12:14   Link #2081
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
looks like indeed their are trying to rise some kouga x yuna flags in omega like seiya & athena(and if follow the same pattern will be a very bad writing romance), based on all that yuna reactions in this episode, and maybe the "rebirth/return of sonya"(everyone noticed the dark cosmos leave her body too?).
Fact 1: The fact that the staff decided to make the final shot of the show Yuna and Kouga looking at each other is pretty telling regarding their relationship; it's definitely meant to have romantic subtext
Fact 2: They will reset their relationship to zero in S2 because LOL SHOUNEN ANIME

That's pretty much it.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:47   Link #2082
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The third opening theme will be "Mirai Saint Omega ~Saint Evolution~" by Nagareda Project. We already heard the instrumental version in the episode 52 preview.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:27   Link #2083
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So now that it seems Cosmo AIDS has been cured there really is no reason for the new saints to do anything anymore since the original 5 can just own everyone.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:16   Link #2084
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
...I asked this about 20 episodes ago: WHERE THE HELL IS IKKI?!!!

And on that matter, where the hell is Paradox?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:37   Link #2085
Ozuma

@Omimon

Yeah..right. The old saints could barely fight off the Cosmo corruption/cancer. The new saints didn't have a single damn problem with it especially when fighting Abzu Kouga.
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 19:11   Link #2086
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
So now that it seems Cosmo AIDS has been cured there really is no reason for the new saints to do anything anymore since the original 5 can just own everyone.
Don't you know? It's the job of the veteran Saints to look cool while doing almost nothing while the rookies are risking their lives to save the world. It's almost divine law in Saint Seiya.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:20   Link #2087
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was absolutely fantastic finale!
Old 2013-03-31, 19:28   Link #2088
Undertaker

Is it just me who is excited by the Cloth in animal-mode (for lack of better term) instead of this crappy light from the sky thing....
Old 2013-03-31, 19:44   Link #2089
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Is it just me who is excited by the Cloth in animal-mode (for lack of better term) instead of this crappy light from the sky thing....
They are cool but completely pointless.
Old 2013-03-31, 21:25   Link #2090
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I did at the end but I couldn't understand why they did that. It would be nice to have her return as the Scorpio Gold Saint seeing how we probably wont' see Paradox again. I think to have Sonia bail out Souma's butt would be all kinds of fun.
51 was also the current production team's last episode. They probably didn't want to leave the next team with such a big unresolved plot point. If the new writers want to use Sonia, they have a way to resurrect her via the rays of light. If they don't, she can stay dead.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 22:28   Link #2091
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
51 was also the current production team's last episode. They probably didn't want to leave the next team with such a big unresolved plot point. If the new writers want to use Sonia, they have a way to resurrect her via the rays of light. If they don't, she can stay dead.
I think that if Aria stays dead so should Sonia.
Old 2013-03-31, 22:46   Link #2092
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A collection of weird expressions

Also

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-03-31 at 23:10.
Old 2013-04-01, 02:08   Link #2093
farios

Very amazing fight, definitely deserves the final fight position, thanks to Umakoshi amazing direction, although i wish they give Kouga the God Cloth rather than that Shining Arm thing. So sad to think that Umakoshi won't be involved in Omega anymore since i very enjoyed his Episodes.

BTW am i the only one that thinks that Abzu is a real masochist, he looks...disturbingly happy when Kouga beats him up.
Old 2013-04-01, 03:20   Link #2094
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
They are cool but completely pointless.
No more pointless than the stupid stone.

Besides in original story/anime it's actually symbolizes that the Cloth are sentient. The stone? Not so much.

and that is not mention the original lure of the manga was to figure out how to reconstruct the amor, don't tell me you forget those pages after pages of Cloth assembly at the end of every manga volume?!!!

So far I've been treating this series as a standalone, parallel dimension type of thing, and I don't even really treat it as a Saint Seiya series, that is how I enjoyed it.

But this might actually changed that and allow me to treat it as a Saint Seiya spinoff, as sad as that might sound...
Old 2013-04-01, 06:34   Link #2095
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
No more pointless than the stupid stone.
I'm no big fan of the clothstones either, but pointless, it is not. If anything, it's definitely way more convenient than carrying a huge box everwhere.
Its only mistake is that Saint Seiya merchandising is pretty much all about elaborated armors, and they probably realized they could make more money with Omega changing it back.

Quote:
So far I've been treating this series as a standalone, parallel dimension type of thing, and I don't even really treat it as a Saint Seiya series, that is how I enjoyed it.
You mean, like Lost Canvas?

Last edited by Goty; 2013-04-01 at 07:15.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 08:01   Link #2096
Divino

Spoiler for Just more opinions:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 08:10   Link #2097
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for Just more opinions:
Do we know if Umakoshi is actually leaving for good? Even though he won't be the chief animation director/designer, he could show up eventually as an episode animation director or key animator, for all we know (like he did in DokiDoki Pretty Cure). I really like him too, but either way, he only worked in what, 5 episodes.

Regarding writer Reiko Yoshida and director Morio Hatano, yeah, it shouldn't make a big difference, considering how Yoshida wrote only 13 episodes and Morio Hatano directed two (1 and 51).
All the rest of the main staff seems to be staying, including Akatsuki Yamatoya, who also wrote 13 episodes. That and judging by the preview, i think the mood will remain the same, and that's the major aspect of Omega imo.
Old 2013-04-01, 09:09   Link #2098
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The new staff members.. Are they famous for something?
Old 2013-04-01, 09:17   Link #2099
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The new staff members.. Are they famous for something?
Tatsuya Nagamine directed Heartcatch Pretty Cure and the recent mega hit One Piece film Z, so i guess Toei is expecting good things from him. He seems to be very hard worker, so it could make a difference if he's more present than Morio Hatano was.

Series composition is now with Yoshimi Narita, who doesn't have a very impressive record (Beet the Vandel Buster, Yes! Pretty Cure 5). His best work imo was Hakaba Kitaro.

And there's Keiichi ichikawa as character designer/chief animation director. His episode (46) looked REALLY good, his style is the most similar to the original series, so i want to see more from him. And he has been doing key animation since the first episode.
Old 2013-04-01, 09:31   Link #2100
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've found something. Narita also worked in Wild Arms: Twilight Venom and Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!... The latter's title XD

Tags
action, shounen