AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-17, 13:19   Link #21
Tenzen12

True, but if they animate ramen date with Shizuka (finaly) and Saki acting all cute, I wouldn't mind either.
Old 2014-04-18, 13:19   Link #22
Daysun22

so, what was the announcement? I mean, I know it was the second season. But I thought it was gonna be an interview with the author and shiet
Old 2014-04-19, 16:04   Link #23
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysun22 View Post
so, what was the announcement? I mean, I know it was the second season. But I thought it was gonna be an interview with the author and shiet
It was just the author personally announcing the second season. I guess he also confirmed that he already has the rest of the story planned out for the last few novels, .
Old 2014-04-20, 11:09   Link #24
dark44

thats good to see all the story animated cause i dont think we may have season 3
Old 2014-04-20, 22:06   Link #25
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Isn't this a bit too soon? I know its popular, but that was unusually fast. Most popular Lns get a sequel at least a year or two later. This one got the ok in a span of ten months.

Not that I'm complaining though. I'm looking forward to seeing 8man again. Also, dat drama in vol 7, I NEED to see it animated. I just hope the pacing's a little better this time.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-04-21, 11:27   Link #26
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Isn't this a bit too soon? I know its popular, but that was unusually fast. Most popular Lns get a sequel at least a year or two later. This one got the ok in a span of ten months.

Not that I'm complaining though. I'm looking forward to seeing 8man again. Also, dat drama in vol 7, I NEED to see it animated. I just hope the pacing's a little better this time.
Well, yeah but remember the Date A Live anime announcement? It took months before they reveal the premiere date... It may end up with the Toradora/Golden Time route where the anime and novels ended at the same time. OR we can still hope for a season 3...
Old 2014-04-21, 12:11   Link #27
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Well, yeah but remember the Date A Live anime announcement? It took months before they reveal the premiere date... It may end up with the Toradora/Golden Time route where the anime and novels ended at the same time. OR we can still hope for a season 3...
I totally forgot DAL is in the same boat. Yea, Wow, that's two anime that got sequels unusually fast.

Well, realistically speaking, I can see them ending the anime at the same time as the novel. It all depends on the release speed of the novels though. We're only at vol 9 after all.

I can't see a third season happening. The only way for it to become a possibility is if this is a long running series. Considering the way the developments are structured in the Ln, this isn't supposed to be a long running series.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-04-21, 12:15   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well, realistically speaking, I can see them ending the anime at the same time as the novel. It all depends on the release speed of the novels though. We're only at vol 9 after all.

I can't see a third season happening. The only way for it to become a possibility is if this is a long running series. Considering the way the developments are structured in the Ln, this isn't supposed to be a long running series.
The series doesn't have to end with this season. Both Hachiman and Yukino still have plenty of personal issues to work out.

You're right that it's not meant to be an indefinitely long running series like say, Date A Live, Index, Infinite Stratos, etc., but that doesn't mean there's not much left to cover.
Old 2014-04-21, 12:22   Link #29
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They still could makre S2 2-core or split-core. And the still could hope for S3. Cause Haganai has chances for it(just that LNs come very slow after vol. 8)
Old 2014-04-21, 12:42   Link #30
Excorsism

Quote:
I totally forgot DAL is in the same boat. Yea, Wow, that's two anime that got sequels unusually fast.

Actually, I can see a 2nd season easily covering volumes 7-9. I could argue 90% of the material can't be skipped without destroying the flow of events happening in it.

I wouldn't be too thrilled if they adapted another 6 novels in 12 episodes again.
Old 2014-04-21, 13:25   Link #31
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Actually, I can see a 2nd season easily covering volumes 7-9. I could argue 90% of the material can't be skipped without destroying the flow of events happening in it.

I wouldn't be too thrilled if they adapted another 6 novels in 12 episodes again.
the though it won't sell well
but it did so we can hope
Old 2014-04-21, 15:21   Link #32
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The series doesn't have to end with this season. Both Hachiman and Yukino still have plenty of personal issues to work out.

You're right that it's not meant to be an indefinitely long running series like say, Date A Live, Index, Infinite Stratos, etc., but that doesn't mean there's not much left to cover.
Volume 11 will be last one. First season compressed six volumes and try imagine how much would affect pacing if five remaining got splited into two cours...
Old 2014-04-21, 16:31   Link #33
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Vol 6 was stated to be the "mid-point". It makes no sense to animate 3-4 vols, just to leave 2-3 remaining. Looks like the 2nd season aims to kill off this series in one go. Either that or they can release the conclusion through OVAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post

I also didn't like the fast pacing of the first season. A lot of material I wanted to see got cut, I don't think they'll make the exception for the sequel.

They'll probably animate the bare minimum of important material & throw in some of the not-so-important stuff to fill what little space is left.
Old 2014-04-21, 17:45   Link #34
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Vol 6 was stated to be the "mid-point". It makes no sense to animate 3-4 vols, just to leave 2-3 remaining. Looks like the 2nd season aims to kill off this series in one go. Either that or they can release the conclusion through OVAs.
Where are you getting this? There is no info beyond a second season.

If we're going by how much source material is left, there is an equal amount left, assuming the season ends on volume 9. That would leave at least 3 volumes left, and even more if Watari decides to make more side stories.

Quote:
I also didn't like the fast pacing of the first season. A lot of material I wanted to see got cut, I don't think they'll make the exception for the sequel.

They'll probably animate the bare minimum of important material & throw in some of the not-so-important stuff to fill what little space is left.
If you didn't like the pacing of the first season, then what's wrong with animating just three volumes?
Old 2014-04-22, 05:31   Link #35
Tenzen12

Two volumes, Watari mentioned 11th will be last.
Old 2014-04-22, 10:05   Link #36
maximilianjenus
[E]

where is the 2 coeurs idea comign from? the previous season was one coeur and now we don't even have enough volumes as teh first season did .
Old 2014-04-22, 11:47   Link #37
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
where is the 2 coeurs idea comign from? the previous season was one coeur and now we don't even have enough volumes as teh first season did .
they also cut alot from the first that could of made it alot longer

Last edited by Guy Incognito; 2014-04-22 at 13:26.
Old 2014-04-23, 09:48   Link #38
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, my hope is that the 3 volumes or so that will be out when the anime starts will also be enough for one coeur , fate zero is 4 volumes and it was enough for 2 coueurs, so I was always thinking oregairu got cut really bad for the first season.
Old 2014-05-23, 10:31   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Looks like it starts this Fall
Old 2014-05-23, 12:22   Link #40
Shadow5YA

Can you post the link where it says that?
Closed Thread

Tags
dramedy, kuudere, rom com