Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-04, 14:14   Link #41
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Also, I quite like that whenever Shi Mu gets to another continent/whatever, it's actually him wanting to get there with goals and everything, and not RANDOM INTERRUPT.
There are only known 2 continents in the planet he's currently in though. And he's gonna flee the enemy to another planet soon.

And now Shi Mu finally encountered Jin Xiaochai again. I was hoping he'd meet the pearl girl instead.
AKIKAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-04, 17:21   Link #42
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIKAN View Post
There are only known 2 continents in the planet he's currently in though. And he's gonna flee the enemy to another planet soon.
Sure, but each time it's caused because he wants to flee/etc and he actually works to go there, instead of SPACE CRAAACK.
Quote:
And now Shi Mu finally encountered Jin Xiaochai again. I was hoping he'd meet the pearl girl instead.
Unless there is a random interrupt (like using the portals of the sect Jin Xiaochai is in) He is going to see the Clam Girl soon, as the Sea Races are the ones that have access to the portal he is planning on using.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 17:47   Link #43
pedrojames

what happened in the last raws ?
pedrojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 17:58   Link #44
AKIKAN
Some Member

Well, no updates here since October, hmm. Our webnovel thread really is quiet.

Spoiler for Recent Updates:

They have devil race in this novel too. I hope Shi Mu will get a devil princess as love interest this time. DD was a letdown with the devil princess decided not to pursue the MC, but the fox princess did.

Yan Luo is now my best girl, mostly because she shares her dislike of Ximen Xue with me.

BTW, I wonder who's the peerless beauty from the White Ape Ancestor's flashback.
Old 2016-12-14, 17:30   Link #45
Arkeus

Infuriated = Infatuated?
Quote:

Yan Luo is now my best girl, mostly because she shares her dislike of Ximen Xue with me.

BTW, I wonder who's the peerless beauty from the White Ape Ancestor's flashback.
I really like Ximen XXue though Both her and Yan Luo are pretty damn awesome, not sure what I think of phoenix girl as she seems too nice.
Old 2016-12-15, 18:01   Link #46
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Infuriated = Infatuated?

I really like Ximen XXue though Both her and Yan Luo are pretty damn awesome, not sure what I think of phoenix girl as she seems too nice.
I meant to say infatuated...

Well, Ximen Xue chose not to do anything for Shi Mu even if he was framed when he came to find her. She could have investigated, or just do something...

I am annoyed because Shi Mu risked being exposed just to save Ximen Xue. F**k it!

Your and my opinion are not align. I really like Zhong Xiu because she's nice. If it's a guy you'd say he's ungrateful or such had he abandoned the woman for another one or better cultivation resource, and suffer endless bash. That guy is usually the villain waiting to get his ass whipped by the MC and died so horribly by the scorned woman. I'd say that the fiend princess from DD is unexpectedly a nice person compared to the rest of the famale cast in DD. She just got ignored by the writer and we instead got Jia Lan and the sword woman.
Old 2017-01-28, 07:57   Link #47
AKIKAN
Some Member

I now start to get annoyed at how Yan Luo hasn't been any help to Shi Mu lately. She's like the one who almost never calls back when you calls her, but you have to be available for her every time she has needs of you.

Shi Mu got chased by overly powerful enemies a lot, and he could almost never contact Yan luo during those dread time, yet Yan Luo came whenever she had need for him.
Old 2017-02-23, 13:34   Link #48
AKIKAN
Some Member

I'm worried for Shi Mu now in this current arc.
Sh!t got real! I thought DD was full of betrayal and conspiracy, this novel had already outdone it.

Spoiler for recent chapter:

I guess the main heroine would be Yan Luo then. I even find Xue Ximen to have more chance as main heroine than Zhong Xiu. Although I support the first girl childhood friend Zhang Xiu more.
Old 2017-02-23, 15:10   Link #49
Arkeus

Quote:
I now start to get annoyed at how Yan Luo hasn't been any help to Shi Mu lately. She's like the one who almost never calls back when you calls her, but you have to be available for her every time she has needs of you.

Shi Mu got chased by overly powerful enemies a lot, and he could almost never contact Yan luo during those dread time, yet Yan Luo came whenever she had need for him.
I'm not up to date, but where I was (basically at the end of the 'war' with evil spirits) Yan Luo always seemed to be the one having to sacrifice her cultivation in order to help out Shi Mu when he got too far in trouble.

It's just that she has shit to do most of the time.
Old 2017-02-23, 16:23   Link #50
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
I'm not up to date, but where I was (basically at the end of the 'war' with evil spirits) Yan Luo always seemed to be the one having to sacrifice her cultivation in order to help out Shi Mu when he got too far in trouble.

It's just that she has shit to do most of the time.
What evil spirits? Black devils? Or far back with Liu An from the Dark Moon Church?

From what I've read, her cultivation was never sacrificed. In fact, it kept recovering.

Yan Luo almost exclusively appeared when Shi Mu was in the pinch, or whenver she wished to, but Shi Mu couldn't do the same. It's like she knows where you are and can come to you almost whenever she wants to. When you're tring to contact her, she knows you're calling her but she ignores the call most of the time. But you can't do the same to her...
Old 2017-02-23, 16:58   Link #51
Arkeus

Quote:
What evil spirits? Black devils? Or far back with Liu An from the Dark Moon Church?
The one with the Three Big Sects fighting against outsiders (Shi Mu's sect is currently the one where a lot of people are practicing Nine Unreliable Merits).
Quote:
From what I've read, her cultivation was never sacrificed. In fact, it kept recovering.
It recovered because she kept hard at work, but it was sacrificed like 4 times.
Quote:
Yan Luo almost exclusively appeared when Shi Mu was in the pinch, or whenver she wished to, but Shi Mu couldn't do the same. It's like she knows where you are and can come to you almost whenever she wants to. When you're tring to contact her, she knows you're calling her but she ignores the call most of the time. But you can't do the same to her...
.... Until he actually get the ability to visit thanks to a special item, but then doesn't do it until Yan Luo makes a big training montage just for him.

Like, I guess we are just fundamentally different in how we see relationships, as I am instead somewhat pissed off at how often Yan Luo has to do stuff for Shi Mu that he doesn't reciprocate.
Old 2017-02-23, 17:19   Link #52
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
The one with the Three Big Sects fighting against outsiders (Shi Mu's sect is currently the one where a lot of people are practicing Nine Unreliable Merits).
They're the black devils.

Quote:
It recovered because she kept hard at work, but it was sacrificed like 4 times.
She got the beast souls in return at the beginning though, then she got the corpses to add to her ever increasing undead army. She got "Falling Sendai" or whatever after she helped Shi Mu kill Liu An too. I'm sceptic about how much use Shi Mu's spirit master skill matter at all when everything involving undead fell to Yan Luo.

Quote:
.... Until he actually get the ability to visit thanks to a special item, but then doesn't do it until Yan Luo makes a big training montage just for him.
If he could do so he'd have done that already. He'd need Yan Luo to take him there or recieve him on the other side.

Quote:
Like, I guess we are just fundamentally different in how we see relationships, as I am instead somewhat pissed off at how often Yan Luo has to do stuff for Shi Mu that he doesn't reciprocate.
You do realize that Yan Luo is technically Shi Mu's contracted spirit, right? Even after they became of equal term later when Yan Luo's strength rose. And Shi Mu also had to help Yan Luo whenever she required, without refusing or ignoring the call. Late in that arc, Shi Mu helped Yan Luo into Kunlun, then assisted her to fight against the god realm traitorous devils and ancient barbarians, while her other god realm devils besides Ming Luo were not much help at all when she was defenseless.
Well, I guess Yan Luo never have any obligation to help Shi Mu then.

I actually want to discuss about the current development, but you didn't read this novel since that black devil arc so I'll have to keep it to myself then.
Old 2017-03-23, 16:01   Link #53
AKIKAN
Some Member

It seems like "deity transformation stage" in RMJI and "god stage" in TPTW are one and the same cultivation stage, which is above "nascent soul stage" or "sacred stage" in RMJI respective TPTW.

However, the said "deity transformation stage" is merely the cultivation stage when they can ascend to the higher realm, which is "spirit realm" in RMJI.

Could it be that despite all this BS about immortal realm, the higher realm that we'll see once Shi Mu destroy the Heavenly Court is actually spirit realm? Then we'll have more to go to the immortal realm where Han Li ascended at the end of RMJI.

I think that it's likely so because the name of the cultivation stages and the description of the cultivation stages fit, as well as the number of chapters until now.

BTW, I have no idea about how to relate to the cultivation stages in DD. But "dan stage" is "core formation stage", "sky stage" is "nascent soul stage" and "tong xuan stage" is probably "deity transformation stage". Which means that "eternal stage" which is the higher stage than "tong xuan stage" and the last stage Liu Ming reached in DD before his ascension is the first cultivation stage among the 3 higher cultivation stages in the spirit realm (virtual refining, combining, great vehicle).

I see it makes sense because RMJI is 2444 chapters long, while DD is just over 1500 chapters long. Now Shi Mu finally reached "god stage" and it's just chapter 894.
Old 2017-04-03, 00:15   Link #54
AKIKAN
Some Member

Darn. New chapter when it said meeting old friend, I thought it'd be Feng Li, instead we got Jin Xiaochai who somehow became a sacred realm middle rank stage and Xiamen Xie again. Aren't they supposed to be enemies anyway? Why meet again so soon?

The bead girl, the first girl in the novel, disappeared completely. I hope that we will see her again soon and she does not stuck in the home planet with Cultivation base of sky realm or so and fade away just like the sword saint girl in DD. After all Jin Xiaochai got to Ship My with sacred realm middle rank Cultivation base.
Old 2017-04-03, 17:54   Link #55
Arkeus

I did like Jin Xiaochai quite a bit so that's cool.

And yeah I was really sad about Sword Body girl being shafted in DD, she was fun. I think the author really could have gained by not making it a harem and instead having the girls simply be relevant.
Old 2017-04-08, 15:38   Link #56
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
I did like Jin Xiaochai quite a bit so that's cool.

And yeah I was really sad about Sword Body girl being shafted in DD, she was fun. I think the author really could have gained by not making it a harem and instead having the girls simply be relevant.
Let's not just discuss Jin Xiaochai. I am very distrustful of her and I believe she's a threat (that should have been gotten rid off at the beginning).

Ximen Xue is even weirder. Who the hell is she anyway? She has the unknown breathe, is what Yan Luo usually described her (besides calling her bitch and slut whenever they met when she was in disguise).

The Bead Girl simply faded away. No love for the first girl? While Jin Xiaochai came out of nowhere and already reached sacred realm middle stage, how did she even do that?

I hope that we'll see the Bead Girl again, but not wasting her life away in their home planet being stuck at sky realm and got left behind like the sword saint girl. I predict that when they meet again, she'd become someone important among the remnants of the Azure Moon (the Dark Moon Church hast he two statures of a three-headed six-armed warrior and a half fish woman as their ancestor, Azure Orchid Holy Land's lord and the lord of the Deep Territory is the same person, with his force comprised primarily of demons, including sea race). The Azure Moon Lord had been spying on Shi Mu since he received the White Ape's blood in the sea when he was helping the Bead Girl back then, so he must know who she is and might have received her as disciple because why not.
Old 2017-04-18, 12:05   Link #57
Arkeus

Well, it's now up at Qdian international.

To hoping the translation is decent, though sadly there will only be 5 chapters/week, and it is coming back from the beginning.
Old 2017-04-18, 16:06   Link #58
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
Well, it's now up at Qdian international.

To hoping the translation is decent, though sadly there will only be 5 chapters/week, and it is coming back from the beginning.
The prologue is missing. There's also a typo in the 1st chapter's name. So hopeful.
Old 2017-04-18, 16:56   Link #59
Arkeus

Quote:
The prologue is missing. There's also a typo in the 1st chapter's name. So hopeful.
The prologue? What prologue?

Also, the translation seems significantly better than the old one apart from that glaring typo.
Old 2017-04-19, 02:12   Link #60
AKIKAN
Some Member

Quote:
The prologue? What prologue?

Also, the translation seems significantly better than the old one apart from that glaring typo.
Well, there used to be a prologue chapter when the meteorite fell down in the sea before. Although I can't find it anymore.