Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-19, 00:55   Link #1801
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
United States Space Forces? He's on about something again.
Yep, a ninja smoke cloud. He knows congress will not approve it, but he expects to use it in his campaign of "look, the bad democrats do not approve anything I want, I wanna wall, I wanna spaceship, I wanna nobel prize, waaahhh". Just like reagan's star wars program was not meant to be anything but a publicity stunt. Also, he needs something to distract the media from the NK nothing burger, the muller investigation, the trade wars, his zero tolerance immigration policy and whatever new shitstorm he has planned for this week.

Besides, this makes as much sense as making an United States Submarine Forces, just like the marine already is in charge of those, the air force is already in charge of the X37B and anything space related, no special breakthrough will be obtained with another branch of the military, only more bureaucracy which is funny, weren't the repubs against big government?
Old 2018-06-19, 01:12   Link #1802
Blueknight78

Quote:
United States Space Forces? He's on about something again.
lol, here trump secret!!!
Spoiler:
Old 2018-06-19, 01:23   Link #1803
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I am fairly certain there are treaties against militarization of space, but those are rather old treaties now, made for the Cold War era.

What's the latest on China's space efforts? I've not heard much about it recently. Nor anyone else's that isn't a commercial venture come to think of it.
Old 2018-06-19, 08:22   Link #1804
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Would someone kindly inform me where the entire exchange on the last page has disappeared to.
Old 2018-06-19, 13:16   Link #1805
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Would someone kindly inform me where the entire exchange on the last page has disappeared to.
Good sir or madam, we regretfully inform you that a terrible exchange of words occurred on the last page which was full of foul and demeaning language. For the sake of civil discourse we hereby judged such words to be of ill intent and most uncouth and therefore hath stricken them from the record. We would be most appreciative of people to take the most utter care with their words, lest others be quick to temper and urged to return the favor.

Yours dutifully,

The Lords and Ladies of the Animesuki Staff
Old 2018-06-19, 14:23   Link #1806
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I am fairly certain there are treaties against militarization of space, but those are rather old treaties now, made for the Cold War era.
The Outer Space Treaty was signed on in 1967, just a year before the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons treaty, so I do not see how "old age" makes them less relevant. Neither of them has an enforcement clause.

Quote:
What's the latest on China's space efforts? I've not heard much about it recently. Nor anyone else's that isn't a commercial venture come to think of it.
None, so an space arms race is something no rational mind would want atm.

Now, let me declare checkmate. Trump has just lost, not because he has some devious opponent, but because he has painted himself in a corner and he somehow expects that by doubling down it will magically make things go his way.

He is doing his best to appeal to his base and immigration is the pillar he grabs like a drunkard that can no longer stand. The thing is that nowadays more and more republicans identify themselves and independents and more independents identify as democrats. So while he thinks his actions are solidifying his base, it is slowly chopping at it.

Now it is only a matter of time before he orders the construction of concentration camps and duplicates the policies that ousted Arpaio from his work. Also, the farmer vote republicans take for granted will flip before the november elections thanks to his trade policies. Add the plummeting stock market and the debt crisis (higher interest rates, stagnant wages and historically high public debt is a cocktail with explosive qualities) will do wonders for all those retirees that depend on it and voted for trump.

Meanwhile, Muller is playing the long game, if the dems recover both chambers of congress, he goes full force and if they do not he makes sure to release any wrongdoing done at the state level so trump can't forgive himself.
Old 2018-06-19, 16:57   Link #1807
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Apparently the US have left the UN Human Rights Council.
Old 2018-06-19, 17:02   Link #1808
Blueknight78

Quote:
well it's expectating from "trump" did you really believe which trump "know what are human rights"????, the only thing he know is "trump rights".
Old 2018-06-19, 19:28   Link #1809
Key Board
Carbon

Remember, Nazi Germany didn't become like that instantly.
It's a gradual process
Old 2018-06-19, 19:29   Link #1810
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Instictly I would think than it's a bad thing but is the UN Human Right Council really a big thing? After all it's a organisation than Saudi Arabia (a well know Human Right violator) endded at the head up.
Old 2018-06-19, 19:41   Link #1811
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Instictly I would think than it's a bad thing but is the UN Human Right Council really a big thing? After all it's a organisation than Saudi Arabia (a well known USA ally) ended at the head up.
There corrected for clarity. I think the justifications are quite irrelevant, the message to me is clear, the USA is no longer interested in any debate at the highest level about human rights. It is just like when you quit Alcoholics Anonymous, what do you expect will be the next step?
Old 2018-06-19, 19:56   Link #1812
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
There corrected for clarity. I think the justifications are quite irrelevant, the message to me is clear, the USA is no longer interested in any debate at the highest level about human rights.
Probably not only on human right but on pretty much anything, it's ''his way or no way''.
Old 2018-06-20, 02:16   Link #1813
The Green One

Do what I want or I'll take my toys and go home!
Old 2018-06-20, 03:39   Link #1814
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
There corrected for clarity. I think the justifications are quite irrelevant, the message to me is clear, the USA is no longer interested in any debate at the highest level about human rights. It is just like when you quit Alcoholics Anonymous, what do you expect will be the next step?
I'll have to echo ganbaru's sentiment here. This council dont have much credibility when you have a state known for treating its women like subhumans leading it, something that have bothered me for months when I heard about it. It's like having actual nazis leading a anti-racism NGO.
Old 2018-06-20, 09:53   Link #1815
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
This has been a policy goal of the "neo-con" crowd for a while. Bolton and Haley are both long-standing members of that club. I don't think Pompeo gave much of a damn about foreign policy before being vaulted into the role of CIA Director by Trump, but whatever views he has are likely pretty similar to the others.

The condemnation of the separations policy by the Human Rights Commissioner may have accelerated the process of departure, but it would have happened sooner or later. The Administration left UNESCO as well. People like Bolton see agencies like these as mouthpieces for the Palestinians, the Iranians, and other favorite targets.
Old 2018-06-20, 11:47   Link #1816
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I'll have to echo ganbaru's sentiment here. This council dont have much credibility when you have a state known for treating its women like subhumans leading it, something that have bothered me for months when I heard about it. It's like having actual nazis leading a anti-racism NGO.
That is a weak defense if you think about it. Because it is not arabias government structure treating women like shit, it is society at large (and they are far from being the only one). If you want to criticize arabia's government (you know, the ones that send a delegate to the UN) it would be for being a police state which condones torture, but that would make harder to sustain the holier than thou attitude when the new CIA director condones it.

The thing is the UN is not like the golf club where all the "beautiful" people gather, it is like the school cafeteria where all the not nice people go to eat. Trump (like many other before him) wish it was like the EU, where the USA had powers to enforce their policies, but it is nothing but a glorified forum where politicians might come to the middle of the road and make agreements.

But hey, you can stick to your guns, you dislike the cafeteria because one day someone you don't like might sit at your table and it will get awkward real fast. The thing is, there is no other cafeteria, heck you can't get some junk food in a store across the street, albeit you can bully someone into giving you their lunch. Keep this in mind the day the trump administration quits the UN, just like germany did the league of nations.
Old 2018-06-20, 14:10   Link #1817
James Rye

Love how the past days Trumps and consorts said how he cannot stop separating children from their families when said families enter the country illegally and look what he did: Stop the two week old policy with an executive order as so many people, even from his own party, have told him to do so. That Nielsen person from the Homeland Security looks pretty damn stupid now though, given she had still defended the "law" that can "only be changed by congress". Turns out that wasn't the case after all. Poor kids who were already separated though. Looks like it is possible that some might not see their families ever again if they are unlucky.
Old 2018-06-20, 14:55   Link #1818
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

https://twitter.com/megwagner/status...606336/video/1

Never fear true believers, the sun will still set and darkness will sweep the land. The only reason trump signed this executive order is because congress was pushed into voting into law a legislation that would have had prevented families from being separated. But like many things this administration has shoved under the rug, he is waiting for a darker, colder day to undo it (and possibly double down on it) while nobody is watching.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2018-06-20 at 15:47.
Old 2018-06-20, 15:44   Link #1819
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So how long until the US tries to evict the UN from New York?
Old 2018-06-20, 19:38   Link #1820
Blueknight78

Quote:
So how long until the US tries to evict the UN from New York?
when the nobel prize come and he don't get it, then he will go "tantum" and try to turn USA in another NK because no ones like him.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-20 at 21:23.
Closed Thread