AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-18, 08:12   Link #1
hssakura

[Spoiler] Byakugan transplant, is it possible?

Did a couple searches but noone seems to have brought it up O.o besides the threads talking about what you "could" do *cough* x-ray visions *cough* with Byakugan.

Anyways, my thoery is that since the head family treats the other one like dirt, why not just kill half of them and sell off their eyes? From what we've seen in the Anime and Manga, it seems that Byakugan doesn't take as much chakra as Sharingan does. If it does, why wouldn't Neji and Hinata collapse after fighting for hours?

If Byakugan transplant was possible, think about what Kakashi could do. You beat up your opponent using Jutsu's from your library of thousands, then you hit his tenketus (wrong spelling probably, too lazy to check), and he can't move. And then you just keep hopping/jumping on him until he dies. (What a cruel way to die)

A problem for kakashi is that he would have to be blindfolded when not fighting, since even if it is little, Byakugan still takes away chakra. But if it was for a normal person with 2 normal eyes, it wouldn't be much of a problem. Kakashi lives fine with a Sharingan which takes up more chakra, so I'm sure pretty much anyone could handle Byakugans.

Ther first customer would obviously be Jiraiya

Any thoughts on this weird thoery?
hssakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:57   Link #2
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hssakura
Did a couple searches but noone seems to have brought it up O.o besides the threads talking about what you "could" do *cough* x-ray visions *cough* with Byakugan.

Anyways, my thoery is that since the head family treats the other one like dirt, why not just kill half of them and sell off their eyes? From what we've seen in the Anime and Manga, it seems that Byakugan doesn't take as much chakra as Sharingan does. If it does, why wouldn't Neji and Hinata collapse after fighting for hours?
We never saw them fighting for hours in the first place but for the same reason Sasuke doesn't collapse by using his Sharingan contrary to Kakashi : it's their true bloodline and their body work fine with it.
There isn't any indication that the Byakugan use more or less chakra than the Sharingan.

Quote:
If Byakugan transplant was possible, think about what Kakashi could do. You beat up your opponent using Jutsu's from your library of thousands, then you hit his tenketus (wrong spelling probably, too lazy to check), and he can't move. And then you just keep hopping/jumping on him until he dies. (What a cruel way to die)

A problem for kakashi is that he would have to be blindfolded when not fighting, since even if it is little, Byakugan still takes away chakra. But if it was for a normal person with 2 normal eyes, it wouldn't be much of a problem. Kakashi lives fine with a Sharingan which takes up more chakra, so I'm sure pretty much anyone could handle Byakugans.

Any thoughts on this weird thoery?
The problem is that the Byakugan see through anything, it would be completely useless to hide or close your eye, the loss of chakra would be permanent and leading eventually to your death rather quickly.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 09:57   Link #3
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Well, the Byakugan seems to be connected with a lot of veins at the side of the head, but what the hell! Just ask Rin because she'll mend those veins ands nerves in a jiffy, it's the narutoverse! anything is possible as long as Kishimoto wants it! never mind rational explanations!

p.s.
Im still not over chap 243
p.s.2
The official length of a jiffy is 0,0013254 seconds.
Old 2004-12-18, 10:08   Link #4
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The problem is that the Byakugan see through anything, it would be completely useless to hide or close your eye, the loss of chakra would be permanent and leading eventually to your death rather quickly.
Maybe maybe not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's ever been stated that Kakashi deactivates his sharingan by hiding it (in fact we know that's not the case). It wouldn't make any sense at all, because it's not as if your eyes stop working when something covers them. The byakugan would see through the eyes, and the sharingan would see the underbelly of your eyelids. Kakashi, by hiding his sharingan with the forehead protector, is most likely just doing that--hiding his greatest strength.

The most likely truth is that although the sharingan is permanently 'activated', Kakashi never uses any of its applications till he fights, and therefore doesn't use up chakra for it. Indeed, his ability and access to activate it and improve upon the sharingan is confirmed in the most recent chapter. Kakashi probably leaks some small amount constantly because of its semi-activated status 24/7. Could this work with a byakugan? Maybe, maybe not. But I rather doubt it has anything to do with the blind-fold status.

Personally, I believe it would work, as the byakugan does not automatically see through everything and all around-- the use of it depends on the user. Look at Hinata and Neji having to concentrate to see the shouko, or see miles away. If one has it in activated status but does not use it at all, I could see a minimum amount of chakra used, an amount that would not kill the user.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 13:31   Link #5
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hssakura

If Byakugan transplant was possible, think about what Kakashi could do. You beat up your opponent using Jutsu from your library of thousands, then you hit his tenketsu (wrong spelling probably, too lazy to check), and he can't move. And then you just keep hopping/jumping on him until he dies. (What a cruel way to die)

Any thoughts on this weird theory?
Because then it would probably fall into the hands (or eye sockets) of people who weren't supposed to have it. Remember, that's why disposal of bodies is quick, since there are technique secrets wrapped up in them. Furthermore, the Hyuuga clan would be the last people to sell off their secrets, or they wouldn't even have the curse they put on branch members.
Old 2004-12-18, 13:33   Link #6
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Maybe maybe not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe it's ever been stated that Kakashi deactivates his sharingan by hiding it (in fact we know that's not the case). It wouldn't make any sense at all, because it's not as if your eyes stop working when something covers them. The byakugan would see through the eyes, and the sharingan would see the underbelly of your eyelids. Kakashi, by hiding his sharingan with the forehead protector, is most likely just doing that--hiding his greatest strength.

The most likely truth is that although the sharingan is permanently 'activated', Kakashi never uses any of its applications till he fights, and therefore doesn't use up chakra for it. Indeed, his ability and access to activate it and improve upon the sharingan is confirmed in the most recent chapter. Kakashi probably leaks some small amount constantly because of its semi-activated status 24/7. Could this work with a byakugan? Maybe, maybe not. But I rather doubt it has anything to do with the blind-fold status.

Personally, I believe it would work, as the byakugan does not automatically see through everything and all around-- the use of it depends on the user. Look at Hinata and Neji having to concentrate to see the shouko, or see miles away. If one has it in activated status but does not use it at all, I could see a minimum amount of chakra used, an amount that would not kill the user.
Indeed Kakashi can't desactivate his Sharingan which is why he covers it : there is nothing for the Sharingan to work by looking at the eyelid and thus it doesn't overuse his chakra as when it's uncovered.
Kakashi has nothing to hide, everybody recognize him at first glance as Copy Ninja Kakashi anyway.
If Kakashi was able to control the cost of chakra of his Sharingan at will while letting it uncovered then it doesn't make any sense to hide it.
Old 2004-12-18, 14:11   Link #7
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Quote:
Indeed Kakashi can't desactivate his Sharingan which is why he covers it : there is nothing for the Sharingan to work by looking at the eyelid and thus it doesn't overuse his chakra as when it's uncovered.
The Byakugan could work the exact same way.
Quote:
Kakashi has nothing to hide, everybody recognize him at first glance as Copy Ninja Kakashi anyway.
If Kakashi was able to control the cost of chakra of his Sharingan at will while letting it uncovered then it doesn't make any sense to hide it.
Completely wrong premises. I can't believe you'd even say Kakashi has nothing to hide when one of the biggest mysteries of the story is what he looks like. He's a ninja, and it's in his tradition to hide not only his strengths, but also what his fliippin' face. Secrecy is the name of the ninja game.
Old 2004-12-18, 14:24   Link #8
CyberPunk

i really don't see why kakashi would ever hide his sharingan if he didn't need to save his strength. why would he? aside from the story build up of a battle, it's pretty stupid if he just hides it to "hide his true strength". the sharingan is a tool that gives you an advantage in almost any situation. you never see itachi without his sharingan on unless he's drained.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 14:48   Link #9
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

why would anyone sell off their eyes? the idea is dumb. I'm not sure on the details but kakashi got his from a dead friend. With neji's clan, when the a member of the subclan dies the secrets are destroyed with them. No so with sasukes clan.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 16:57   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
The Byakugan could work the exact same way.
No because the Byakugan see through thing and at 360° anyway.

Quote:
Completely wrong premises. I can't believe you'd even say Kakashi has nothing to hide when one of the biggest mysteries of the story is what he looks like. He's a ninja, and it's in his tradition to hide not only his strengths, but also what his fliippin' face. Secrecy is the name of the ninja game.
It's not one of the biggest secret of the story, Kakashi is very well known for that, he hasn't to hide the fact that he have a Sharingan.
I mean come on, you have absolutely no point except than to say that it's tradition to hide stuff for Ninja.
Old 2004-12-18, 18:06   Link #11
DangerousOne

Genei Kilua - its pretty damm obvious man, c'mon use a little bit of common sense. Why would he hide sharingan? Infact he should show it so his enemies fear him, its not like its a huge surprise for any of his opponents when he suddenly busts out his sharingan. So far his announced when his about to show his sharingan. He has stated that the sharingan tires him out cos its not suited for his body, if the sharingan is still active even when covered why doesnt he drop dead? Also why is the sharingan always active when he takes off the headband? Another thing, whats the point of putting the headband over it? He could just de-activate the sharingan so it looks like a normal eye if that was the case.
DangerousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 18:24   Link #12
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

and also in the earlier episodes sakura tells kakashi that the Sharingan is also bad for him if he collapses every time he uses it... or something along those lines. Anyways, Kakashi cannot deactivate the Sharingan which is why it is covered so he doesn't waste his chakra. If Kakashi is only hiding the Sharingan to hide his trump card, as some of you say, then there would actually be no point since everybody seems to know who he is. It's like seeing Itachi walking down the streets with his sharingan off, people would still know his 'secret' whether its hidden or not since both Itachi and Kakashi are widely known.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 19:32   Link #13
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh-zoo-mah-kee
If Kakashi is only hiding the Sharingan to hide his trump card, as some of you say, then there would actually be no point since everybody seems to know who he is. It's like seeing Itachi walking down the streets with his sharingan off, people would still know his 'secret' whether its hidden or not since both Itachi and Kakashi are widely known.
Well, Sakura, the geeky know-it-all, as well as Sasuke, the Uchiha Survivor, didn't know about anything about Kakashi's Sharingan, even though they live in the same village. ... though that's more probably more of a plot hole, than a proof.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 19:41   Link #14
Skorpa

All i know that kakashi would look silly with a byakugan eye and a sharingan on the other eye. would look like a freak =)
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 20:04   Link #15
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Quote:
No because the Byakugan see through thing and at 360° anyway.
Wrong. The Byakugan can see through anything and at 360 degrees. They concentrate to varying degrees, and we even have seen Neji moving his eyes around to get look all around. I doubt very much he simultaneously sees 360, or he wouldn't move his eyes at all, he wouldn't need to. Moreover, he can selectively look through people, and have evidence of this in the manga. Therefore a byakugan user can use the byakugan to varying degrees, and doesn't automatically see through everything for miles around in every single direction, up and down.

Quote:
It's not one of the biggest secret of the story, Kakashi is very well known for that, he hasn't to hide the fact that he have a Sharingan.
I mean come on, you have absolutely no point except than to say that it's tradition to hide stuff for Ninja.
Hmm, I never said that hiding his eye doesn't reduce the chakra usage. And I believe that part of the reason he hides it is also because of his obsession with ninja secrecy. Another part of the reason is looks, undoubtedly. We know that he closes his eye under his headband, so there's no reason why he has to cover it with the headband. He could just walk around with one eye open and one eye closed. It would look stupid probably, and everybody would ask why he does that. So Kakashi wearing the headband is not to reduce chakra as you say- he's already doing that with his eyelid--it's for appearance sake and some amount of secrecy.

As an additional point, we don't know that everybody instantaneously recognizes him. Zabuza is the only ninja without strong ties to Konoha that I can recall recognizing him with his eye covered. All the others who recognized him with eye covered were either konoha ninjas, former konoha ninjas, or sound ninjas who had invaded Konoha (and therefore did military research.) Kisame, for instance, recognized him only after he saw the sharingan.

Last edited by Genei Killua; 2004-12-18 at 20:57.
Old 2004-12-18, 20:36   Link #16
FireBorn

Even if it was, it wouldn't happen.

That's all.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 23:23   Link #17
degeros
Sinner

Kakashi does not possess the ability to deactivate Sharingan. Since Kakashi is not an Uchiha, seeing things with Sharingan consumes alot of his chakra, unlike Sasuke and Itachi. Therefore he covers it up because he will lose too much chakra if he keeps it activated all day long. It works since Sharingan cannot see through things like Byakugan does.
degeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 07:31   Link #18
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

I don't get this. Because you can't deactivate a Sharingan transplant, that has to go for the Byakugan as well? Well, if this question is ever solved, it'll have to be an enemy ninja who has taken a Byakugan by force because man would that look ugly!
Old 2004-12-19, 08:32   Link #19
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
makes me wonder what would happen if hinata and sasuske had a child....

Byakingan eyes instead of red they are white with the chakra swirls

Sharingan+Byakugan=Byakingan
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 10:46   Link #20
hssakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas
makes me wonder what would happen if hinata and sasuske had a child....

Byakingan eyes instead of red they are white with the chakra swirls

Sharingan+Byakugan=Byakingan

Yet another point to prove Sakura's worthlessness =P If sasuke somehow married sakura, it would be a waste since all they get is normal sharingan kids. But if he married Hinata, it would actually be helpful
hssakura is offline   Reply With Quote