AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-22, 14:28   Link #1001
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The question is... what perfectly straight man with a working libido would want to harm Shigure?
If it was in the bath wouldn't you just drop the weapons that WERE in your hands?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 14:39   Link #1002
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
The question is... what perfectly straight man with a working libido would want to harm Shigure?
A very bad person
Old 2008-11-22, 14:42   Link #1003
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Greed always will win. Offer the right amount, most would kill anyone.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 15:41   Link #1004
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Also; Shigure stating she has never used the sharp end of her sword doesn't show she hasn't fought powerful opponents before, it just shows her determination not to stain the sword her father gave her with blood.
Well, I admit I was speculating . I meant that when you're against an opponent who's incredibly powerful, you can't hold anything back. Good masters still won't have killing intent, but death can't always be avoided.
Examples:
1) Akisame was forced to throw Shigure's father of a cliff, because he was too formidable to subdue easily.

2) When Kenichi asked Sakaki what would happen if he fought Akisame, Sakaki responded that one of them could very well die.

Now, I don't think Shigure is using the sharp edge of the sword here because she wants to kill the Yami guy. She'll let him live. But he's dangerous enough that she has to use her strongest tactics, even if potentially lethal. No earlier enemy could force her to do so and break her vow earlier. So either this Yami guy is truly exceptional (certainly possible) or she hasn't faced the number of ultra-master class enemies that the other masters seem to have.
Or maybe she's just so pissed at him hurting Touchamaru that her vow doesn't matter as much anymore .
Quote:
Then again, Sword-hunting is part of her life, she has probably been fighting a lot more in the past few years then the other masters.
That makes sense.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-22 at 15:52.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 17:10   Link #1005
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Then again, Sword-hunting is part of her life, she has probably been fighting a lot more in the past few years then the other masters.
now that you mention it .... the only one in Ryouzanpakou that still has something to do in this world is Shigure... the rest are just chilling there without anything to do

At least the guys in Yami are doing something... they have so many interesting projects, travelling around the world assasinating ppl, controlling goverments, raising funds for their world domination ambition, etc...
Old 2008-11-22, 21:19   Link #1006
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
*Heart Attack*

Spoiler for NSFW Nose Bleed:
i srsly felt like saying : "YES I DO MīAM" the moment i saw the pic lol
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 23:04   Link #1007
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
A very bad person
I'd also say "he's gay/in the closet"
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 23:17   Link #1008
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
now that you mention it .... the only one in Ryouzanpakou that still has something to do in this world is Shigure... the rest are just chilling there without anything to do

At least the guys in Yami are doing something... they have so many interesting projects, travelling around the world assasinating ppl, controlling goverments, raising funds for their world domination ambition, etc...
Well they're going to have a problem with the world domination part with Haruo Nijima.

The world can't have two demon lords.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 23:41   Link #1009
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well they're going to have a problem with the world domination part with Haruo Nijima.

The world can't have two demon lords.
lol believe me... Nijima will definitly wait till all those guys die of old age if he needs to. And if that happens... most probably he will become the next leader of Yami After all their objectives are the same
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 00:23   Link #1010
Tri-ring

Quote:
lol believe me... Nijima will definitly wait till all those guys die of old age if he needs to. And if that happens... most probably he will become the next leader of Yami After all their objectives are the same
Yeah, I can see the oversized cliche now.

Nijima as the overlord of Yami is about to give his troops the final order to attack when successor of Ryozanpaku, Kenichi runs in telling Nijima that what he is doing is wrong.
As Kenichi rushes towrds Nijima to thrust a punch into Nijima's forehead Kenichi is stopped by Siegfried.
Nijima then tells Kenichi he can try but there is a price to pay as he points to an overly sized bird cage hanging over a pit of molten lava with Miu trapped inside.
How is that?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 00:38   Link #1011
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Nijima has no interest in YAMI. He's only concerned about making SHINPAKU into a world famous martial arts corporation. YAMI is only concern about making their idea of what martial arts should be to be the standard.
Old 2008-11-23, 02:00   Link #1012
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
If it was in the bath wouldn't you just drop the weapons that WERE in your hands?
...and pick up the "OTHER" weapons, like your "other 'sword' or 'staff'"??
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 02:32   Link #1013
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone View Post
...and pick up the "OTHER" weapons, like your "other 'sword' or 'staff'"??
You mean "water gun"? , you pump it a few times before letting loose the liquid inside... lol ermm... yeah... lol
Old 2008-11-23, 05:23   Link #1014
Terrean

Quote:
Well, I think that they DO have something to do...
At least, the elders son is the head of the opposing group...
And there is so much we do not know about the masters yet (Kensei being the head of Phoenix M.A. , ... )
Terrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 05:32   Link #1015
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
And there is so much we do not know about the masters yet (Kensei being the head of Phoenix M.A. , ... )
We know a lot about the masters already.

Akisame is a reknown artist, a celebrity in the classical arts world. He's also a doctor and philospher. He spent some time travelling as well.

Shigure's past has been explained already, the daughter of the greatest swords master, and almost like an adoptive daughter to Akisame. She's been living in Ryouzanpaktou since she was a young teen.

Don't need to get into Ma, he's had the most thorough explaination in the series.

Sasake Shio use to be a government mercenary, or I should say still is.

The only person we know next to nothing about is Apachai...
Old 2008-11-23, 06:32   Link #1016
Tri-ring

A bit wrong with Shigure, she was adopted by an old man named Kosaka introduced by Akisame after her father died.
Her farther was a renowned sword smith as well as great swordman. She is searching for swords forged by her father that had fallen into the wrong hands so not to discrace her father's legacy.

Apachai's past was also revealed when the elder talked about their first contact when Kenichi caught the elder buying antique scrolls of "Chojuu giga" (painting of rabbits and frogs holding a straw that sometime appears when Kenichi faint)
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 07:09   Link #1017
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
A bit wrong with Shigure, she was adopted by an old man named Kosaka introduced by Akisame after her father died.
Her farther was a renowned sword smith as well as great swordman. She is searching for swords forged by her father that had fallen into the wrong hands so not to discrace her father's legacy.

Apachai's past was also revealed when the elder talked about their first contact when Kenichi caught the elder buying antique scrolls of "Chojuu giga" (painting of rabbits and frogs holding a straw that sometime appears when Kenichi faint)
Yeah, I know. An old man raised her. But Akisame took her with him when she was a young teen.

And thats not really a past.. thats just how they met. We still don't know much about him.
Old 2008-11-23, 07:56   Link #1018
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
But if it wasnt for Kenichi they would still be stuck at the dojo doing nothing other than an ocassional job when they are out of money... i mean with their skills (i mean i think if akisma sold one or two art works they could live in a mansion..) they could do much more good than teaching one diciple.
The elder has a son doing evil things around the world but he simply stays at the dojo, Kensei left his family and stundent in China and the other 3 have enough potential to change something of the world...
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 14:12   Link #1019
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Shigure at her finest XD

Oh... and a little uh oh.. Our smexy ninja girl has a crush? XD

Spoiler for Shigure:

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2008-11-23 at 14:24.
Old 2008-11-23, 15:07   Link #1020
Terrean

Quote:
We know a lot about the masters already.

Akisame is a reknown artist, a celebrity in the classical arts world. He's also a doctor and philospher. He spent some time travelling as well.

Shigure's past has been explained already, the daughter of the greatest swords master, and almost like an adoptive daughter to Akisame. She's been living in Ryouzanpaktou since she was a young teen.

Don't need to get into Ma, he's had the most thorough explaination in the series.

Sasake Shio use to be a government mercenary, or I should say still is.

The only person we know next to nothing about is Apachai...
Thatīs true that we know these things. But it doesnīt say anything about whether they have something important to do or not.
I mean you can tell ones curriculum vitae and you still donīt know in detail of his intentions and goals

Spoiler for Shigure:

btw, am I the only one who keeps thinking of Sousuke Sagara when seeing Boris in school?
Terrean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen