AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 03:43   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Um, can't the joke become repetitive and bore people out? (not for me, though).
I never said the jokes are the same, i said the flavor of the comedy.
Old 2009-09-10, 03:45   Link #142
Clarste
Human

Well, there are a lot of running jokes, like Natsu's motion sickness and Gray's stripping. I can see how those might lose their appeal after a while. Although personally, Gray's stripping never gets old.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 05:44   Link #143
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well it's like One Piece in my opinion: a bit repetitive and boring. I don't like this kind of comedy ("I need to eat!" or "big stomach" in OP for example ).

First fights in Fairy Tail were not bad, I'm waiting for Erza's fights because she's cool. But after some chapters, I'm a bit bored like it was for Rave (same author).
Old 2009-09-10, 11:49   Link #144
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I never said the jokes are the same, i said the flavor of the comedy.
Shouldn't it have been "comedy flavor of," if that's what you wanted to refer to, instead of "flavor of comedy?" Bah, I'm not a native English Speaker

In reality, the jokes do get repetitive, though. However, anime has almost always been better than manga when it comes to comedy, I have high expectation for this part in the anime as well.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 12:35   Link #145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, there are a lot of running jokes, like Natsu's motion sickness and Gray's stripping. I can see how those might lose their appeal after a while. Although personally, Gray's stripping never gets old.
Well I never minded those running jokes. Besides if Natsu suddenly got over his motion sickness it'd just be weird . Anyways I'm sure this will turn out to be a pretty fun anime.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:11   Link #146
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Hmmm, the Official Website has been updated, nothing new though.
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 15:52   Link #147
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Shouldn't it have been "comedy flavor of," if that's what you wanted to refer to, instead of "flavor of comedy?" Bah, I'm not a native English Speaker

In reality, the jokes do get repetitive, though. However, anime has almost always been better than manga when it comes to comedy, I have high expectation for this part in the anime as well.
The second one is correct. The first one implies that something is "comedy flavored" while the second one talks about the flavor that the comedy possesses, which is what was meant.

IMO, manga does comedy a whole lot better than anime. Mostly it's an issue of timing. With manga, I can just quickly read past the unfunny jokes and hardly even notice them while in anime they're forced to dwell on it because everything moves at the "speed of time" rather than the "speed of attention". I can't stand anime comedies like Hayate no Gotoku even though I love the manga.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 15:59   Link #148
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I'll agree that comedy is best on manga, anime can screw things up when it comes to comic relief...but anyway, as far as FT goes, I like the fact that Natsu's vehicle-sick, it's always good to have a weakness...and Happy's face never gets old, there's too many fun moments to post without getting banned for spoiling, so wait and see~

P.S: any news on a trailer yet?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 16:22   Link #149
Cinocard

IMO, that's just bad directing (which is just plain horrible in HnG II )

It's obviously that the anime has more means, and more potential to make a good laugh than a manga.

Quote:
The second one is correct. The first one implies that something is "comedy flavored" while the second one talks about the flavor that the comedy possesses, which is what was meant.
If what you said, which is what I thought, is correct, then can't the jokes, with the same flavor from beginning to end, become repetitive and bore people out (which is what I commented and disputed by Shiroth).

Nevermind, I think I get it now. "Flavor of jokes" can be understood in both ways, the way we did (comedy flavored) and Shiroth's way, the "manga's flavor of(in) jokes/comedy."

If it needs to be used exclusively for the second meaning, then it should have been "flavors of THE jokes/comedy" instead?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 03:33   Link #150
konart

Spoiler for OP/ED:

OP: Snow fairy by Funkist
ED: ???
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 03:58   Link #151
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

ED: Kanpekigu~no ne by Watari Roka Hashiri Tai

Last edited by deadlight; 2009-09-18 at 02:32. Reason: oops added an extra "i" by mistake
Old 2009-09-14, 03:59   Link #152
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlight View Post
ED: Kanpeikigu~no ne by Watari Roka Hashiri Tai
thank you
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 04:40   Link #153
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

You're welcome
Old 2009-09-17, 21:40   Link #154
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I should've looked at the first translation of the ED before I tried it myself... but at least it's good practice, and I came up with the same title

So, any idea what arcs this will cover yet, or do we just have to wait and find out?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 03:30   Link #155
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So, any idea what arcs this will cover yet, or do we just have to wait and find out?
Well there's no official episode count yet, so it's impossible to say at this moment in time.
Old 2009-09-20, 07:51   Link #156
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

^Even so, I don't think they will air too many episodes at this point, since the manga isn't exactly very long yet. Think we might have maybe 4-5 arcs. But the one thing that I really want them to air is this:

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 10:15   Link #157
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
^Even so, I don't think they will air too many episodes at this point, since the manga isn't exactly very long yet. Think we might have maybe 4-5 arcs.
The manga has 150+ chapters out, that's a really safe distance if you ask me. In fact, long running anime series like OP, Naruto and Bleach started with a shorter gap.

If i had to guess..judging by its friendly timeslot, Fairy Tail should have at least a 50-52 episodes run, maybe being extended in case of good ratings/dvd sales, like happened to D Gray man.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 18:55   Link #158
Kariko

So I just started reading this manga about a week ago on a random whim. (Glad I did) I'm only around ch23 and found out that an anime was going to be made for it. Should I stop reading this and just wait for the anime so the content will be fresh or will it be better just to continue reading?
Kariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 19:28   Link #159
SiLo
The Emperor

Send a message via AIM to SiLo
looks a bit like DBZ
SiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 21:30   Link #160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariko View Post
So I just started reading this manga about a week ago on a random whim. (Glad I did) I'm only around ch23 and found out that an anime was going to be made for it. Should I stop reading this and just wait for the anime so the content will be fresh or will it be better just to continue reading?
I kind of started reading this one on a random whim myself though it was a few months ago. Stopped myself, and decided to wait for the anime. Just think that people can't help comparing to the original material and might lose some enjoyment due to it. Though think it might be tough once starting to read to stop and wait since they won't catch up that quickly.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen