AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-04, 17:03   Link #18841
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Hm, yeah that really does sound possible. Nice,
Yes maybe this new Accelerator can do save someone(instead of LA)instead kill everything like the old one. Well he already has become a hero, id just like to see more of it. But then again he isn't Touma
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-07-04, 17:37   Link #18842
ellifeedn
Thinker

As much as I like people doing bad things for honorable reasons/good intentions, I feel like this series is doing it too much.
Old 2012-07-05, 01:14   Link #18843
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm afraid I might not like the answer, but heck with it: what is soapland?
Old 2012-07-05, 01:20   Link #18844
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'm afraid I might not like the answer, but heck with it: what is soapland?
It's like a pink salon.
Old 2012-07-05, 07:29   Link #18845
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
And Kamijou saves him and he joins the harem. The circle of life!
Nonsense, obviously Accelerator would channel his innermost Kamijou and pull out all the trademarks infringement to redeem Kakine and make him into the next Harem lead of the series.
I second that. But it's not impossible for Kakine to be in the Kamijou F-... Harem and still having his own harem at the same time though. It'll be the first hierarchical harem (if there isn't already) : a guy who's got 3 other guys in his harem, who in their turn have their own harem, etc ...
Old 2012-07-05, 07:35   Link #18846
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Don't forget Etzali whom Kamijou punched out back in vol 5 and is now tactically building up his Central American harem under everybody's nose... Which through some strange Toaru traditions- always involve the hospital or some medical care.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:15   Link #18847
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Right ... the guy's punch really has some amazing power ... really
Old 2012-07-05, 12:10   Link #18848
Ashaman

Two things:

1) Where does it say or imply the Level 5's are numbered according to their usefulness to Aliester?

2) Can anyone give tell me where is talks about Awakening, particularly on who can or can't Awaken?
Old 2012-07-05, 12:27   Link #18849
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Two things:

1) Where does it say or imply the Level 5's are numbered according to their usefulness to Aliester?

2) Can anyone give tell me where is talks about Awakening, particularly on who can or can't Awaken?
Accelerator and Kakine Are the only two Espers who have so far Awakened.
Old 2012-07-05, 12:34   Link #18850
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ Right ... the guy's punch really has some amazing power ... really
He hits you, you get a harem...BEST POWER EVER!!
Old 2012-07-05, 12:54   Link #18851
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Two things:

1. Mugino says something about it. It's either in Volume 15 or the Railgun manga. Can't remember.

2. Never talked about. It's just implied that Kakine and Accelerator are gay special.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-07-05, 16:13   Link #18852
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So in other words... No one is absolutely sure.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:42   Link #18853
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
1. Mugino says something about it. It's either in Volume 15 or the Railgun manga. Can't remember.

2. Never talked about. It's just implied that Kakine and Accelerator are gay special.
Found point 1: Mugino says "Because the standard for measurement is the worth of the ability to on-going research, you're number 3 and I'm 4?"

That's.... not the same as worth to Aleistor.

There might be a correlation, sure, but its not the same.

By this reseasoning, Accelerator is number 1 because he's been in over nine thousand experiments and tens of thousands of researchers lust after his body; Dark Matter is number 2 because fuck, materials that don't exist in this world and can therefore flip the known laws of physics off is fucking interesting and appliable; Railgun can do about a million things with electricity and heres a secret (electricity is pretty important in modern technology); Meltdowner is 4 because, again, she's doing something bloody weird, and therefore worth investigating; Mental Out is a psychologist's wet dream and can be used in all sorts of research; Attack Crash is incomprehensible - too incomprehensible. Without a basic idea of his ability and how it works, you can't do jack with it, so he's the bottom of the barrel.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:56   Link #18854
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^ That makes sense. I just assumed it was worth to Aliester because the top 3 were Accelerator(Level Six Candidate), Kakine (Level Six Backup), and Mikoto (Clones needed for artificial heaven).
Old 2012-07-05, 19:48   Link #18855
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
(Summary at end of post)

For #2, the criteria for Awakening suggests it has something to do with the nature of a esper ability. From Vol15 Ch5 Pt4, Accelerator and Kakine's power respectively can be called:
Quote:
The one who wields the power of God and the one who has touched the territory of God.
So basically, your run of the mill, more common (non-unique) abilities like pyrokinesis or Electromaster can't 'Awaken' into a absolute monster of power. It's like how in the Magic Side the Saints are absolute beasts in terms of their capability, 'normal' people can't match them unless they have similar levels of 'HAX' backing them up - and not raw strength either, but something 'special' (eg, Knight Leader + boost from a 'holy' artefact (Curtana Second, powered by a shard of Archangel Michael's power) = Acqua without Divine Mother's Mercy, both roughly 'only' at a Saint's level).

So, who can/can't awaken? Personally, I think Himegami have more chance of 'Awakening' than Mikoto In IndexVerse, on a purely person by person basis, Hard Work (nurture) <<< 'Impassible Wall' <<< Talent (nature, what someone is born with). Mikoto can't beat Accelerator at his peak, and none of the Amakusa people without Kaori or help from Touma can't match Acqua while he has Divine Mother's Mercy.

tl;dr - people who have some sort of special power/talent might 'Awaken'. Those aren't born talented can't 'Awaken', and no matter how hard they try or effort they put in it's impossible.

I'd like to think though in IndexVerse there is a theme that even if life is unfair and there will always people better than you, those 'Talented' people can still be defeated by 'normal', untalented, (comparably) weaker people when they band together and help each other. (eg, Acqua lost against the Amakusa, Fiamma lost against Touma with the Holy Right weakened by the world, Mugino losing to Shiage more than once) Not being to 'Awaken' (or basically, not being special) is not necessarily a bad thing.
*points to Touma, his special Right Hand and the frakton of Misfortune he's saddled with*
Old 2012-07-05, 20:59   Link #18856
ellifeedn
Thinker

What caused those two to "awaken"?
Old 2012-07-05, 21:01   Link #18857
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What caused those two to "awaken"?
Accelerator subconsciously took in the data from Index's Angel song; Kakine in turn took in the data from seeing Accelerator's Black Wings.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:09   Link #18858
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's like a pink salon.
Needs more English.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:19   Link #18859
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Needs more English.
You know, Health Delivery?
Old 2012-07-06, 00:26   Link #18860
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Needs more English.
Google it. You'll be taken to... 'interesting' places.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen