AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 18:59   Link #1741
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

how do we manage to always end up discussing Kirito? yeah he's generic. what else is new?
i thought i would see people talking about the upcoming release but I keep seeing Kirito. he has a thread for discussion/bashing, no..?
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 19:12   Link #1742
Ray
Garnet

How, you ask? It's quite simple: some people are just butthurt that their preferred series isn't the one that has/had people translating the light novels.

I'd like to point that there's a difference between discussion and bashing (from what I've seen here, the latter is all a few select members are capable of), but yes, he does indeed has his thread.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 19:26   Link #1743
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I know of the difference, It just seemed like there was a mixture of fact discussion and sarcastic blows to his character. Anyway I don't mean to dictate what people should discuss, but really, the Kirito stuff is already far past drawn out. we've been on this dude for months..

Come to think of it, there are/have been a handful of subjects we couldnt seem to get off of. like the Chiyu-hate bandwagon or something about WC trying to force KYH away because shes evil and jealous or w/e. the "being taku is suffering" was my favorite though. lol its so true XD. poor fool
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 19:41   Link #1744
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

To be fair, the translating god, Teh Ping, was on SAO. That's why it was so fast. Let's be patient here.

Moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Huh, looks interesting...
Spoiler for Rough Synopsis:
Spoiler for :heh::
Old 2012-12-26, 20:48   Link #1745
judasmartel
*Author

Haru still isn't on the same level as Touma in the "luck with girls" category, though.

I can hear chants of, "Screw ARG, give us the Six Kings nao!" But I guess fandom can't have all the nice things. If I could read the LNs at all, I should just wait until the ARG arc gets done and Haru gains better control or even better, gets rid of the CD Armor.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-12-26 at 22:24.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:35   Link #1746
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
the "being taku is suffering" was my favorite though. lol its so true XD. poor fool
I remember this when I saw the ova before with Taku turning into a spear and then the connection with Lancer. Poor guy has E rank Luck. Being a Taku/Lancer is a suffering.

I don't know why they change the next event or delay the inevitable battle which was the reason Haru was in a hurry to learn the skill to reflect light. I can only see Haru getting trouble with girls next volume.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:12   Link #1747
dmaxzero

No MC in any series has reached Kenshiro status... just to clarify and avoid potential bloodbaths.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 08:47   Link #1748
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
No MC in any series has reached Kenshiro status... just to clarify and avoid potential bloodbaths.
Glad to hear it. Thank you.
Old 2012-12-28, 08:57   Link #1749
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't know why they change the next event or delay the inevitable battle which was the reason Haru was in a hurry to learn the skill to reflect light. I can only see Haru getting trouble with girls next volume.
If we're lucky, we might get a relationship upgrade between Haru and KYH.

Now then, solidvanz gave us an image of White Cosmos from the 2nd psp game. Check this post.

One word. Whoa.
Old 2012-12-28, 09:29   Link #1750
judasmartel
*Author

^ Awesome, but does she sit down all the time?
Old 2012-12-28, 11:28   Link #1751
Ray
Garnet

Wow, she does indeed look awesome. And not particularly evil..
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 11:39   Link #1752
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Actually she sorts of gives me that final boss vibe with that ice queen look.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 21:56   Link #1753
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
^ Awesome, but does she sit down all the time?
Probably a flying Death Throne chariot.

Also, geez, is your crown/halo thing big enough, O White King?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 06:11   Link #1754
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Actually she sorts of gives me that final boss vibe with that ice queen look.
Same here.
Now I just want to see what her real world self looks like.
Old 2012-12-29, 13:29   Link #1755
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
If we're lucky, we might get a relationship upgrade between Haru and KYH.

Now then, solidvanz gave us an image of White Cosmos from the 2nd psp game. Check this post.

One word. Whoa.
Is that canon or PSP original?
Wonder if that is her external armament.

For some reason it reminds me of a small Death Star.
Old 2012-12-29, 16:30   Link #1756
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is that canon or PSP original?
Wonder if that is her external armament.

For some reason it reminds me of a small Death Star.
A White Death Star, therefore, Wight Star.
Old 2013-01-01, 14:51   Link #1757
Sunder the Gold

Whenever I see spoilers for the later LNs of Accel World, they always seem to be of a certain type. Mostly concerning death and betrayal and other shocking things.

But I seldom if ever see spoilers for the questions that REALLY burn me.

Spoiler for Acceleration Research Society:

Also, when word got out that Black Lotus was back, why didn't the Purple King send hordes of Purple Legionaires to challenge and destroy her (or at least her small, budding new Black Legion) before Silver Crow and Cyan Pile claimed the Suginami Territory (and therefore got protection from random challenges).

Or, why isn't the Purple Legion fielding its strongest fighters to rip the territory away from the Black Legion and leave them open to constant attack?
Old 2013-01-01, 21:18   Link #1758
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Whenever I see spoilers for the later LNs of Accel World, they always seem to be of a certain type. Mostly concerning death and betrayal and other shocking things.

But I seldom if ever see spoilers for the questions that REALLY burn me.

Spoiler for Acceleration Research Society:

Also, when word got out that Black Lotus was back, why didn't the Purple King send hordes of Purple Legionaires to challenge and destroy her (or at least her small, budding new Black Legion) before Silver Crow and Cyan Pile claimed the Suginami Territory (and therefore got protection from random challenges).

Or, why isn't the Purple Legion fielding its strongest fighters to rip the territory away from the Black Legion and leave them open to constant attack?
ARS seeks to throw ethics to the wind and find the best way to benefit from BB. A number of them are 1st generation BB users, such as Black Vise and Argon Array. They didn't make BB, but they knows quite a bit about it and have some serious backing from someone/s IRL.

White Cosmos being leader is unconfirmed, though evidence thus far suggests that to be the case. And as for sending delegates, that can also been seen as prudence on her part; Black Lotus did try and kill off the rest of the Kings 2 years ago, it's reasonable for her to stay hidden.

ARS recruit I think people that doesn't have qualms with their methods, ranging from amoral scientist types to complete B@#$&%ds that revels in other people's pain.

As for why Purple Legion doesn't just storm Lotus' district, there's the greater political issues to be careful of (ref Vol6). Each legion holds about 100 players, which means the other Kings against Lotus have about 600 people. There's about 1,000 Burst Linkers in total, and of the 400 left not in a legion many of them are resentful of the Kings for holding the pact that forbids inter-legion conflict. That stalled the game and they can't gain Burst Points easily. If the Kings attack Lotus solely for the fact she's against them popular opinion may be incited enough to be against them, leading to a high influx of Black Legion recruits or allies. Black Legion with 200-300 or so people can feasibly take down any other legion 1v1, and the legions don't trust each other enough that they'll band against Lotus the same way they would against Chrome Disaster. And even if Lotus loses her district, it's unlikely her and her legion would be erased from the Accelerated World for good in the process, and events would be as suggested above with the neutral players siding with her.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:54   Link #1759
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
A number of them are 1st generation BB users, such as Black Vise and Argon Array. They didn't make BB, but they knows quite a bit about it
Thank you! Biggest question, out of the way.

Quote:
ARS seeks to throw ethics to the wind and find the best way to benefit from BB.

ARS recruit I think people that doesn't have qualms with their methods, ranging from amoral scientist types to complete B@#$&%ds that revels in other people's pain.
Except reveling in other people's pain doesn't actually lead one to use Brain Burst most effectively. Indeed, Dusk Taker got himself destroyed as a consequence of pissing off way too many people.

Sulphur Pot was actually working on something that could potentially benefit his organization, with his Enemy farming/hunting project.

Quote:
and have some serious backing from someone/s IRL.
No kidding, considering they could get and surgically implant the illegal brain chips, AND modify them to untraceably destroy themselves.

Quote:
White Cosmos being leader is unconfirmed, though evidence thus far suggests that to be the case. And as for sending delegates, that can also been seen as prudence on her part; Black Lotus did try and kill off the rest of the Kings 2 years ago, it's reasonable for her to stay hidden.
Except that it wasn't White Cosmos at the fateful meeting two years ago; it was her delegate, White Tower.

Quote:
As for why Purple Legion doesn't just storm Lotus' district, there's the greater political issues to be careful of (ref Vol6). Each legion holds about 100 players, which means the other Kings against Lotus have about 600 people. There's about 1,000 Burst Linkers in total, and of the 400 left not in a legion many of them are resentful of the Kings for holding the pact that forbids inter-legion conflict. That stalled the game and they can't gain Burst Points easily. If the Kings attack Lotus solely for the fact she's against them popular opinion may be incited enough to be against them, leading to a high influx of Black Legion recruits or allies. Black Legion with 200-300 or so people can feasibly take down any other legion 1v1, and the legions don't trust each other enough that they'll band against Lotus the same way they would against Chrome Disaster. And even if Lotus loses her district, it's unlikely her and her legion would be erased from the Accelerated World for good in the process, and events would be as suggested above with the neutral players siding with her.
Now that makes a great deal of sense.

It still doesn't fully explain why Purple Thorn restrained herself, since people often don't act with a great deal of sense. I can only suppose that she had at least one wise and trusted advisor to talk sense into her.

Or else Thorn is much more cunning than I'm giving her credit for.

Spoiler for Red Rider:
Old 2013-01-01, 22:25   Link #1760
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Except reveling in other people's pain doesn't actually lead one to use Brain Burst most effectively. Indeed, Dusk Taker got himself destroyed as a consequence of pissing off way too many people.

Sulphur Pot was actually working on something that could potentially benefit his organization, with his Enemy farming/hunting project.
I am thinking Dusk Taker is just a beta tester for ARG's research. Case in point, the image masking program. The same program that caused Haru to go into the girls' bathroom while following DT.

Quote:
Spoiler for Red Rider:
Spoiler for Regarding Red Rider:

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality