AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 19:45   Link #801
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The music for 4th movie is godly.
Old 2008-12-18, 19:48   Link #802
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
The music for 4th movie is godly.
The scores for all four movies upto now have been godly, not just this one.
Old 2008-12-18, 19:59   Link #803
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ I believe it is safe to say the music for all movies thus far has been godly Whom do i need to abduct in order to get my hands on that soundtrack ...

This movie was once again a pretty delightful treat - Kara no Kyoukai continues to deliver a pretty memorable performance, atmosphere and mood being the strong points of it. (The excellent cinematography, visual quality and musical score contribute very nicely towards that goal).

A rather 'slow' episode in a way, but it had some of the explanations about Shiki's character that we needed, character building and how she ended up working for Touko. I liked the detail how she literally saw things falling apart (flesh included), not just the lines - it isn't that surprising one would consider clawing out their own eyes at that. There is little to none i can complain about here, except the next one not being here soon enough

The preview showed us some pretty interesting things, should be good once it gets here.
Old 2008-12-18, 20:02   Link #804
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This is the true TYPE-MOON anime, nuff said.
Old 2008-12-18, 20:23   Link #805
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Small question, it may be answered on the link that was posted though i'll ask it anyway. Is Shiki able to control when she sees the lines? Probably not, though that's just the feeling i get with the fact that her eyes basically turn on and off when she chooses. Something probably not apart of the original novel as much as these movies.
The fact Touko is the creator of the mystic eye killers in Tsukihime and Fate would suggest that Shiki in fact can't turn her eyes off, at least not entirely. Otherwise there'd little reason for Touko to bother developing them. (but who knows with the way all this crazy Nasu continuity stuff works. >_>)

Though for a more related example, even though her eyes were initially "off" in Movie 3, Shiki still noticed Fujino's ruptured appendix.

So long story short, Shiki probably always sees something, but she doesn't see the full extent of the lines nor can she trace them unless she turns her eyes "on". And since Shiki has a taste for murder and all that, she probably just doesn't mind.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 20:53   Link #806
Avisch
Reality Blender

4th movie was great. I wasn't so big on the action for this one. But the void in the beginning....that was just amazing. And yes the whole character bits in this episode were great. It definitely shined alight on Shiki's despair.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 21:02   Link #807
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
The fact Touko is the creator of the mystic eye killers in Tsukihime and Fate would suggest that Shiki in fact can't turn her eyes off, at least not entirely. Otherwise there'd little reason for Touko to bother developing them. (but who knows with the way all this crazy Nasu continuity stuff works. >_>)
But if I remember correctly, Kara no Kyoukai happens in a parallel universe to that of Tsukihime. There was also something about Nasu once saying that the Tsukihime world and Rakkyo world can't coexist at the same time because of some random restrictions he himself put up. Which gives... yeah, I don't know. This is really Nasu-ish.

Also, as for the eyes, while I can't provide an explanation if she's actually able to turn off her eyes completely or not, you gotta remember that Ryogi comes from a "special" family and she was being trained ever since she was born. So unlike Tohno, she's able to accept stuff like the lines way faster without getting too strained by it.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2008-12-18 at 21:35.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 21:57   Link #808
NakedAngelX

Just figured out a godly thing, isn't Shiki's voice cast same as Ciel from Kuroshitsuji? Was taking a nap while playing the movie and thought it's really similar.

Spoiler for Rune:
Old 2008-12-18, 23:23   Link #809
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
But if I remember correctly, Kara no Kyoukai happens in a parallel universe to that of Tsukihime. There was also something about Nasu once saying that the Tsukihime world and Rakkyo world can't coexist at the same time because of some random restrictions he himself put up. Which gives... yeah, I don't know. This is really Nasu-ish.

Also, as for the eyes, while I can't provide an explanation if she's actually able to turn off her eyes completely or not, you gotta remember that Ryogi comes from a "special" family and she was being trained ever since she was born. So unlike Tohno, she's able to accept stuff like the lines way faster without getting too strained by it.
I don't believe its a parrallel world considering Touko is technically Aoko's (tohno's sensei/miss blue boomer w/e u want to call her lol) sister, they have a direct link so i think that cancels any parallel world theorem.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 00:20   Link #810
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
I don't believe its a parrallel world considering Touko is technically Aoko's (tohno's sensei/miss blue boomer w/e u want to call her lol) sister, they have a direct link so i think that cancels any parallel world theorem.
It certainly depends on the word of god by the author and makers what is canon.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 01:06   Link #811
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Just figured out a godly thing, isn't Shiki's voice cast same as Ciel from Kuroshitsuji? Was taking a nap while playing the movie and thought it's really similar.
Yes, it is the same seiyuu, Sakamoto Maaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
It IS a parallel universe. The biggest point was that Nasu claimed there cannot be more than one human with the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
The setup and all are completely compatible, but Nasu weirdly restricted both stories as it will not happen at the same said "universe".
You can say that Rakkyo and Tsukihime are spin off of each other.
Old 2008-12-19, 01:13   Link #812
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ I believe it is safe to say the music for all movies thus far has been godly Whom do i need to abduct in order to get my hands on that soundtrack...
The OSTs of the movies are available with the limited editions of the dvds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The setup and all are completely compatible, but Nasu weirdly restricted both stories as it will not happen at the same said "universe".
Actually because of some "research" somebody is doing in KnK's world, it makes them incompatible with each other. Mostly due to Arcueid's existence in Tsukihime...
So in order came to fix that Nasu came up with the previously mentioned "Mystic Eyes" clause.
Old 2008-12-19, 01:31   Link #813
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
I suppose, I don't ever remember hearing about Mystic Eyes as being only one person at once, considering the possibility behind them is open to anyone, it just takes unlocking the circuit in your brain. Its just an extremely rare occurrence. However no point in arguing with the authors call.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 01:37   Link #814
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
It IS a parallel universe. The biggest point was that Nasu claimed there cannot be more than one human with the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception.
You can say that Rakkyo and Tsukihime are spin off of each other.
Wait in Tsukihime Touno and Nanaya had the same ability ... give or take, right?

For Rakkyo, I put up a post here with some general info and several images, since they are hard to come by.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 01:45   Link #815
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Wait in Tsukihime Touno and Nanaya had the same ability ... give or take, right?
Spoiler for Tsukihime, End of Arcueid Route:
Old 2008-12-19, 02:15   Link #816
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Tsukihime, End of Arcueid Route:
Spoiler for Tsukihime:
Old 2008-12-19, 02:33   Link #817
Malkuth
Banned

Spoiler for 4th Movie Plot Details:

Spoiler for 2nd & 4th Movie Plot Details:

Spoiler for Question based on the 4th Movie:
Old 2008-12-19, 03:00   Link #818
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Spoiler for 2nd & 4th Movie Plot Details:
Well, they'll touch more on this later, but to give you an explanation suggested by chapter 4 in the novel:
Spoiler for :

To get a basic idea for it in the movie, rewatch the section where Shiki and Touko are talking about how they'd classify Shiki's two personalities (composite individual personalities or whatever it was) or SHIKI's explanation of the two sides in movie 2.

Quote:
Spoiler for Question based on the 4th Movie:
For simplicities sake: Because Shiki's head connected with a moving vehicle.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 06:38   Link #819
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
So long story short, Shiki probably always sees something, but she doesn't see the full extent of the lines nor can she trace them unless she turns her eyes "on". And since Shiki has a taste for murder and all that, she probably just doesn't mind.
I can accept that, especially when we've seen Shiki slice the smoke from Touko's cigarette without having the eyes turned 'on', together with Fujino's ruptured appendix.

Well, now i understand that.
Old 2008-12-19, 08:22   Link #820
arkxkra
全力全開

omg, the 4th was awesome too, from the opening part to the end. The fighting scene alway can't get enough, I think the fighting part must match with that bgm, too short. and sad to see SHIKI gone too . After watching this episode, more understand to the story and working with her because can murder?

btw, the song as always, godly !!! and long hair shiki not bad too .

looking forward to next, so far 4 episdoe also very nice.

Tags
action, harem, type moon