AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 28.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 14.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-22, 02:32   Link #161
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Holy crap! Until you guys mentioned this, it totally didn't occur to me that it could (and most likely) be that kid. The fact that it took place off-screen makes it all the more likely.

So that I don't have to check through episode 00, can anyone confirm all the scenes where Mikuru-chan is wearing the bunny-girl suit? For all we know, it doesn't necessarily have to be from this part of the filming. After all, we were only told:
Spoiler:
...... or was it ONLY in the shopping hall where she was wearing the bunny-girl suit? If so, then its DEFINITELY that kid!

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-22, 02:36   Link #162
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh man, did I feel sorry for Mikuru in this one. She was placed into all those situations, and Haruhi was being such a slavedriver to boot.
Old 2009-08-22, 02:38   Link #163
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
As far as I can remember, she only wears the bunnygirl suit in that area. Doesn't necessarily mean the two kids are the same, though, as the only thing they recorded there so far were the commercials.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-22, 02:46   Link #164
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Doesn't necessarily mean the two kids are the same, though, as the only thing they recorded there so far were the commercials.
But its SOOOO typical of Kyoani to throw in something ambiguous like this to mind f*ck the fans

Btw, is this the same shopping hall where...
Spoiler:

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-22, 02:57   Link #165
wtfftw

boring as hell
Old 2009-08-22, 03:18   Link #166
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'd like to make a correction to my previous post, having just finished rewatching the "movie": There was a scene with Mikuru in the bunny girl outfit that took place in the middle of a street in what looked like a residential area.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-22, 03:23   Link #167
zriL

If you are talking about the kid whose his mom says "don't look at them", it happens before mikuru changes to bunny girl, so it can't be that kid

But if the novel tell us that :

"When we filmed that movie in autumn, he just so happened to be nearby. He had a really deep impression of Mikuru-chan in a bunny suit."

It could be the guy who's taking a photo with his phone. Though he may be not young enough.

Tell me if I misunderstood what you were saying
Old 2009-08-22, 03:50   Link #168
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zriL View Post
If you are talking about the kid whose his mom says "don't look at them", it happens before mikuru changes to bunny girl, so it can't be that kid

But if the novel tell us that :

"When we filmed that movie in autumn, he just so happened to be nearby. He had a really deep impression of Mikuru-chan in a bunny suit."

It could be the guy who's taking a photo with his phone. Though he may be not young enough.

Tell me if I misunderstood what you were saying
Oh yeah... after rewatching that scene, it did happen while she was still in the waitress outfit. But then we can't rule out the possibility that he stuck around for little longer.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-22, 03:53   Link #169
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, it's VERY close now in feel to S1, though the more current KyoAni preferred art style still appeared here and there. Which makes me wonder if they'll redraw many of the scenes for the DVD releases, like they did with Nanoha? The original Haruhi DVDs only fixed minor details from the first airing...

As for the episode itself, Haruhi isn't quite the slave driving dick she was in the book... Yet. We'll see next episode, oh yeess...
Old 2009-08-22, 04:11   Link #170
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 21 article is up:

[RIUVA] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 21: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki II

It's actually seems as if the Sighs arc is getting up to speed now feel-wise. 8/10.
Old 2009-08-22, 05:28   Link #171
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

After reading the whole thread I can't add anything new. I got thw whole indirect kiss scene but didn't discover the hoodie scene, so this is really a gret episode about the chemistry of Kyon and Haruhi.

I also must also say that animations are better and only Haruhi sometimes bothers me with her K-On! look, but at least she looks a lot cuter this way if she wants to.

If the quality stays this high for this arc and if Disappearance makes it appearance soon, I'm completely satisfied with Kadokawa's and KyoAni's actions in the past .
Old 2009-08-22, 10:18   Link #172
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
just finished watching the ep
i have to say that the animation has improved considerably since the last ep
in ep 10 the animation felt stale for some reason
the entire classroom scene didnt seem right, like the characters werent as "alive" as normal
this ep fixed this problem considerably
the characters felt alive again, moving in small but subtle ways that made them seem like people rather then animated figures on the screen
the scene when they meet before going to film the movie in praticular (when haruhi sees they are dressed similarly) felt much better, and the characters felt more alive
Old 2009-08-22, 10:22   Link #173
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Animation definitely seems to have improved...

Of course it remains to be seen if this will remain a constant.
Old 2009-08-22, 10:32   Link #174
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps they are going for a "Haruhi reorders the world back to the way it was" over the course of this arc?
Old 2009-08-22, 11:28   Link #175
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Perhaps they are going for a "Haruhi reorders the world back to the way it was" over the course of this arc?
Are you suggesting that a return to the old art style will be one of the changes Haruhi gradually causes over the course of this arc? And that it will be attributed to her out-of-universe? I find that possibility rather unpleasant. Those who have read the novel should know why.
Old 2009-08-22, 11:52   Link #176
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , this episode was below average . Not very entertaining . Hmmm , the second season suck compared to Season 1 .
Ahah , Haruhi was jealous when Mikuru shared her bottle to Kyon .
Old 2009-08-22, 12:42   Link #177
ReneeBurossamu

I watched this episode with subs. Again, it was great.
Also I am reminded of why I temporarily stopped watching in season one. Haruhi is a bitch who gets everything she wants. I'm also starting to dislike Kyon a little more. He should grow some balls already. (actually this goes for everyone else in the brigade too)
Or kiss her if that's what the OTP people are saying. But I'd rather have the first option.
Old 2009-08-22, 12:50   Link #178
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
I watched this episode with subs. Again, it was great.
Also I am reminded of why I temporarily stopped watching in season one. Haruhi is a bitch who gets everything she wants. I'm also starting to dislike Kyon a little more. He should grow some balls already. (actually this goes for everyone else in the brigade too)
Or kiss her if that's what the OTP people are saying. But I'd rather have the first option.
The rest of the brigade have an excuse, at last. They can't go agains Haruhi. It is their job just stay quiet and see what happens.

You are correct about Kyon, though. There is, more or less, a reason fo he don't do anything. Which don't make it better.
Old 2009-08-22, 13:42   Link #179
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Just watched this week's The Adventures of Sociopath Sue and the Stockholm Syndrome Band Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Deux, subbed. In this week's episode, we have:

- More Mikuru molestation cosplay!
- More Mikuru traumatization fanservice!
- More Sociopath Sue Haruhi issuing insane orders to her Stockholm Syndrome Band merry band of misfits!
- Way better animation. Loved the facial expressions, the attention to detail, and the fact that unimportant characters are actually blinking.
- We get a hint that this all just might be Kyon's fault. Hopefully we'll get a flashback to the infamous so-far omitted scene from the start of the Sighs novel. Maybe at the end of the arc.
- Loved Haruhi's enthusiastic singing. And the attention paid to her directing of Mikuru. The crowd that it drew was funny as well.
- The (intentional?) shout-out to Haruhi-chan.
- Maybe if Kyon synched his clothes to Haruhi's more often, she'd offer to pay for more stuff, like the occasional SOS-dan lunch. How he would accomplish this is an exercise left to the reader.
- Poor Mikuru. Like the droids from Star Wars, it seems to be her lot in life to suffer. At the hands of Haruhi. While Sighs II had many good "LOL IRL" moments, it's at this point I start to feel sorry for the moe-blob.

Another excellent episode.

Coming attractions!
Spoiler:
Best summary of the show so far
Old 2009-08-22, 13:46   Link #180
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I don't know if anyone else caught it, but I did spot one moment of art fail. Take a look at Haruhi's legs during the beginning of the episode, while she's sitting on the train. They look funny to me.
Closed Thread