AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-09-14, 03:50   Link #9441
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Yikes, Auburn really got hit, though that was expected. Raiders playing like garbage as expected
Yeah, it was not exactly how we wanted to start the season. The Raiders were clearly unprepared for this game and if that was not enough, the referrers did not call a lot of the penalties on the Bengals that should have been called. Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to not eject Adam Jones after he tore off WR Amari Coopers helmet of and slam his head into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Matt "Can't Stop Stretchin'" McGloin with a decent performance in replacement of Carr, though.
McGloin may have to lead the Raiders for a bit if Carr's injury, turns out to be more serious than it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I hate Derek Carr.
Why?
Old 2015-09-14, 18:59   Link #9442
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Why?
Because I feel he was unnecessary as a pick, given that Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin actually both played pretty good in 2013. It's just one more sign of the incompetence of Reggie Mckenzie and Mark Davis.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 21:19   Link #9443
Yye1
Wide Right

^Uhm, Pryor is not a QB anymore though. He was pretty bad, and Carr was a second round pick wasn't he? At least you didn't go with Bortles at 3

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 01:28   Link #9444
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
^Uhm, Pryor is not a QB anymore though. He was pretty bad, and Carr was a second round pick wasn't he? At least you didn't go with Bortles at 3
Pryor was given an extremely short leash, and had an extremely shitty coaching staff and team surrounding him.

Being a pick doesn't mean jack shit if they aren't good enough. Mcgloin was good enough to make drafting a QB unescessary. Not that it matters at this point, this team is going to be wallowing in its own shit all year the way things are going. Just look at who we got Sunday: The Fucking Ravens, who put up 55 on a better Raiders team in 2012.
Old 2015-09-19, 23:14   Link #9445
Yye1
Wide Right

^ Right, cuz McGloin was lights out when he started, 8-8 TD to INT ratio and a 50 QBR warrants that he not be given any competition.

Btw, Pryor did not cut it as a QB in Seattle or in Kansas City, so I would hesitate to call him the next Joe Montana.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2015-09-19, 23:41   Link #9446
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
^ Right, cuz McGloin was lights out when he started, 8-8 TD to INT ratio and a 50 QBR warrants that he not be given any competition.

Btw, Pryor did not cut it as a QB in Seattle or in Kansas City, so I would hesitate to call him the next Joe Montana.
Stats don't tell all the story here. QB hasn't been the problem for The Raiders since JaWalrus. But everything else has, all the way up to ownership.
Old 2015-09-21, 05:41   Link #9447
sky black swordman

Oakland Raiders pulled out a win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Although, this game could have been won by the Ravens if the Ravens D haven't committed those penalties on the Raiders last drive.
Old 2015-09-21, 08:49   Link #9448
GDB

Ravens need to get their shit together. There's no reason they should've given up so many points to the Raiders. Lose 17-12 again, fine. But giving up that many points is horrendous regardless of outcome (the outcome just makes it worse).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 09:18   Link #9449
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Oakland Raiders pulled out a win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Although, this game could have been won by the Ravens if the Ravens D haven't committed those penalties on the Raiders last drive.
I'm not getting my hopes up because of this.
Old 2015-09-24, 21:31   Link #9450
Yye1
Wide Right

wait, Steelers a favourite by only 1 and a hook over the Rams?! Holy shit

Old 2015-09-25, 21:51   Link #9451
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I'm not getting my hopes up because of this.
Neither am I, but does not change the fact that I was happy we won. In the next two weeks, we are going up against the Browns and Bears (without Jay Cutler).We can win those games, but does not mean we will.
Old 2015-09-28, 03:42   Link #9452
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Arizona vs New England as SB 50 is looking more likely by the day. No other team is even close to them at present.

Yeah, it's early in the season. But so many of the other legit contenders have had long-term injuries to key players. Arizona just needs to avoid the nightmare it had last year with injuries.
Old 2015-10-01, 22:14   Link #9453
GDB

Well, I'm done with the Ravens until they get their **** together. And if they can't do it after starting 0-3 and going against a damaged Pittsburgh team on Thursday night football, they aren't going to do it at any time this season.

They're barely playing in the first half of games, their play calling is atrocious (seriously, who goes for a fake fg when you're only down by 6 in the third quarter), and the anemic offense is just infuriating to watch (though this isn't new). So I'm done with them. I'll root for just Green Bay the rest of the year. Maybe the Ravens can fix stuff in the off season, but they're toast this year.
Old 2015-10-02, 00:57   Link #9454
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, I'm done with the Ravens until they get their **** together. And if they can't do it after starting 0-3 and going against a damaged Pittsburgh team on Thursday night football, they aren't going to do it at any time this season.

They're barely playing in the first half of games, their play calling is atrocious (seriously, who goes for a fake fg when you're only down by 6 in the third quarter), and the anemic offense is just infuriating to watch (though this isn't new). So I'm done with them. I'll root for just Green Bay the rest of the year. Maybe the Ravens can fix stuff in the off season, but they're toast this year.
You can start complaining once your team goes at least a decade without a playoff appearance.
Old 2015-10-02, 21:03   Link #9455
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, 7.30am Kick on Sunday, that is gonna be rough

Old 2015-10-05, 22:29   Link #9456
GDB

Wow, Lions gonna Lions.
Old 2015-10-17, 19:15   Link #9457
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I have no words to describe the final play of the MSU/UofM game. Sparty on!!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 01:35   Link #9458
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

It's the bye week. I'm still not getting my hopes up.
Old 2015-12-29, 19:43   Link #9459
GDB

And Chip's wild ride ends.
Old 2015-12-29, 21:30   Link #9460
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
He needs a Beverly Hills Hillbillies kind of college team to offer him if he's to head back to college, and he knows that. Can't go to an "old money" where there are legitimate expectations.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports