AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-28, 19:16   Link #4101
Golos

More new models (Cleopatra Ariel Mode + Theodra Michael Mode)

Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-31, 08:43   Link #4102
bastek66

Few early concept arts
Hilda originally had purple hair and Jill - brown
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-08-31, 16:47   Link #4103
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Few early concept arts
Hilda originally had purple hair and Jill - brown
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wow, quite a difference. Glad they made the changes though.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 08:47   Link #4104
cf18
Mecha Pilot

RD Villkiss with a good discount:
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures...-villkiss.html
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 19:24   Link #4105
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Yeah, and we can't say if this and that character is in the same position, she will behave the same. I means background and past experiences create a character. If Salmandinary is set in Ange shoe, she will become a completely different character

But one thing we can be sure about is: Ange will not become someone like Sala if she still sit on her throne. She was too ignorant a figure head, who content with her life and just take in whatever being taught. Sala was opposite, who more willingly to go deep into the past to study from the ancient technology and culture, and always jump on the front life to lead the DRAGON race. Their difference is also clear on how open-minded the two were on treating Norma. One was going out of the way to try bridge the difference with her nemesis, another see them as low life beast that need to be looked down and eradicated
I know I'm necro-ing this, but Ange hadn't even entered the political arena yet, and so her worldview was appropriately limited. She only knew the "norma are sub-human" spiel, and none of the Arzenal/dragons/etc. stuff. Her line was more about investigating and eradicating the norma gene, as if it were curing cancer. All she knew at the time was that norma were quarantined for the good of the mana world, and that was that, all unfortunate sub-human dogma aside. She did fully intend on investing herself in political life from the sound of it, given that she would be away from Iaria for awhile. The main question is how far she would be able/allowed to get with her research, and whether she would have to worry about towing the line with Embryo (the catalyst being the discovery of the Vilkiss being a non-occurrence in this alternate probability line).

Ange evidently adapted into an impulsive mentality while at Arzenal to cope, as it was a dog-eat-dog existence there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
That's all under the bridge now, or rather, their grievances have to be put aside if they want to win. The Norma aren't innocent either; they considered dragons a way of gaining profit.
ETA long after, but profit strongly implies freedom of career options for one. Killing dragons was the only way to earn money to be able to get any sort of livelihood. Sure, they could earn more by killing more, but since normas were basically treated as slaves with aircraft treated as coffins (no safety), any luxuries were basically incentivized given that the baseline was always going to be a living hell. They killed because they were forced to by Embryo/Mana society at the top. Riza should have opened a portal over one of the Mana World areas, since an Arzenal attack would have triggered a red flag either way. Might as wekk target the real culprits, not the pawns/victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Concerning dirt on the DRAGON side, there's the high priestess. She wanted Sala to abandon those caught up in Embryo's time warp because she didn't want the Enryugou to get damaged. Sala also obliterated half of Arzenal, but Arzenal's been killing their kind for a good while now. Other than that, I think they deserve their good status. Their whole world got destroyed and they've been working together to clean it up and made peace. Whereas Embryo's screwing over countless people to make his "perfect" world.
Arzenal did it only under order of Mana Society. They should have targeted the Dawn Pillar and cut out the middleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaten View Post
This dude gets it.
This show would had been at least bearable if Salako was the lead. Even with the fanservice, Salako tries to do the most good in the situation despite her introduction. As much I hate this show, I'm now rooting for the dragons on getting Aura back and healing their world.
Ange and anyone who interacts with her holds the whole show back (i.e Salia). She is the worst thing ever. She starts as a vindictive, flip-flop, mary-sue, bigot, and now is a vindictive, flip-flop, mary-sue. No change what so ever. The only way to make her appear smart, is by making everyone else dumb.
Sorry, but as stated elsewhere, Ange has had plenty of reason to be vindictive. And yet she's been more merciful than rightfully expected of her. Sala had never ended up as deep in shit creek as Ange was. Remember Riza, the one indirectly responsible for her parents' deaths, getting her sent to Arzenal to die, being lured back to die on behalf of Julio, and opening the portal in ep. 11 leading to the dragons half-decimating Arzenal, which was merely a pawn of the Mana World? Ange never once raised a finger against her.

Last edited by azul120; 2016-04-14 at 18:37.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-26, 13:57   Link #4106
Top Sergeant

Watched the first 12 episodes of the dub and I have to say its well done. Good voice acting, good script writing, good synching. I haven't looked but it really seems like the team which made the Oda Nobuna dub so amazing is the same production crew that did this one; I know the voice actor for Ange did Nobuna's voice. Again, great job.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2016-05-26 at 14:14.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 23:38   Link #4107
mark1246

finished the dub, turn of this is the uncut version cause remember the scene where ange & tusk have sex? well turn out the DVD version has a extended version of it & mokoka watching in the background 0.0....like WTF
Old 2017-06-11, 03:05   Link #4108
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
finished the dub, turn of this is the uncut version cause remember the scene where ange & tusk have sex? well turn out the DVD version has a extended version of it & mokoka watching in the background 0.0....like WTF
Sooo... how many minutes were added? And did they show the whole thing?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 10:20   Link #4109
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Sooo... how many minutes were added? And did they show the whole thing?
like 1-2 min extra, not full hentai, but show the motion and facial expression of them doing it
Old 2017-06-11, 14:16   Link #4110
ArrowSmith

Really liked this show in the beginning. You could really feel the sadness/rage of the main character as she was taken out of her upscale life and thrust into the hell of having to fight the alien thingies. Almost an 'Orange is the New Black' thing going on...
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-12, 05:46   Link #4111
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
like 1-2 min extra, not full hentai, but show the motion and facial expression of them doing it
Aw. What a letdown.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 20:10   Link #4112
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Aw. What a letdown.
well, i woudnt consider it a letdown since it had the gal to animate & show it (on dvd ) & show that both of them were happy they were mating
Old 2017-08-03, 10:32   Link #4113
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Watched up to 17 and the Ange Tusk angle is so GD cringe worthy, It's disgusting.

It was a mistake imo.

CA should of stuck to Yuri tones.

Ughh, 22 is even worse, Tusk this Tusk that.

What about the others? Do they not matter!?
Damn stupid writers.

Just finished the last episode. This series would do better if it wasn't so rushed, spread out on maybe 50 episodes with better arcs and so.
It was good I guess.

But By god Tusk is literally the worst thing this series has.
Every time Ange goes against her character and goes damsel in distress when he's around. Either it's the writing of her character being forced into a relationship with Tusk or something.
Tusk is literally the worst thing. And it's not just because I hate their relationship but when he's around it's Convenient Central or just asspulls. It literally bends over backwards just to make him look better over the other characters.

At this point I'd hope to see a reboot of this series. Without Tusk's meddlesomeness or the *relationship*.
__________________________________________________ _________________

As I was saying before the relationships with the other characters would have developed better without Tusk, he himself and his character were wholly unneeded.
Please don't dismiss me just being I liked the Yuri. You have to admit the whole relationship build up with Hilda was great and it would have come even more full circle if they were the final couple.
The kiss between them in Episode 23 was nice but it was very insignificant and shallow towards the characters, it just felt like a people pleaser if it meant that Ange does see Hilda in a romantic way or confirming that two girls loving each other is fine. Yes even if that was the case the show basically spits on that.

I could add more things but I'll leave this side of things aside for now.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Embryo was also not that great of a Villain, he had the troublesomeness at least. Also he was creepy with his one way crush, Like Really dude? It's only Ange? What makes her so damn special again compared to literally all other females, Cause I still don't get it.

Salia gets off scot clear along with the other betrayers, Ersha gets a handwave but should have still gained back the trust or something more.

Chris was a monster and gets off like it's nothing.

I get that they were double crossed but even still. It could have been written a bit better or not as rushed.

Speaking of Rush, because of the 25 episodes the story suffered. Code Geass had like 50, Why couldn't this series get that amount? Oh I already something like this, Oh well.
__________________________________________________ _______________
What was the point of Jill getting killed or dying again? Served no purpose. She lived that long in the series only to die to something to the hip?
OMG So dumb.

At this point I feel the writers are nothing but hacks, middle school writers.

A plethora of characters they have yet focus on Tusk, *Why! Why would you do that!*

Here's for Salia sized boobs for Ange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes I'm serious. Smaller boobs are pretty glorious.
Episode 20, Seriously, Tusk Tusk Tusk.
I so despise that Tusk is always her number 1 go to answer Oh Help me Tusk, I'll help Tusk oh and the others.
Basically. Everybody becomes an afterthought so we have to bow down to the lord and savor Tusk!

*Throws up*

I'm sorry but I am very hateful on this thing. Critical much I guess.

"*Cries* Don't make me do this by myself!" or w/e. Again Do you not care about Hilda or the other people?! Remember Sala?!
Vivian!? lol Even Momoko is an afterthought! The girl whose been with her, her whole life!

"No it's just about Tusk, If Tusk isn't there I must kill myself." Is basically what's it's saying.
You have to live, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah Her mom said as such, But Nope only Tusks words matter.

Tusk blew himself up yet lives, yeah no. Fuck the WoD saying he's a ninja, lolz I doubt ninja's could survive a blast point blank with an explosion that size.
Asspull damn writers.

I really hope they learn from their mistakes. Because it's the story they've written is utter trash as you look back on it.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2017-08-07 at 21:12.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 18:08   Link #4114
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It's why a lot of people, myself included, tend to put Cross Ange in the "so bad / stupid, it's good" category (at least after the first few episodes), especially at the end, lol.
Old 2017-08-08, 19:32   Link #4115
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
It's why a lot of people, myself included, tend to put Cross Ange in the "so bad / stupid, it's good" category (at least after the first few episodes), especially at the end, lol.
I liked the first few episodes actually.
But once Tusk showed up and the beginning of their relationship just felt forced.
I mean sure Tusk is ok but it went above and beyond just to sell it.

Many things could have been different too.

First episode felt like it tried to put in to much info though. lol

The series does have it's charm in it's own way, but the way everything was handled leaves much to be desired because I do see the potential it had but its been left squandered.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2017-08-08, 22:19   Link #4116
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I liked the first few episodes actually.
But once Tusk showed up and the beginning of their relationship just felt forced.
I mean sure Tusk is ok but it went above and beyond just to sell it.

Many things could have been different too.

First episode felt like it tried to put in to much info though. lol

The series does have it's charm in it's own way, but the way everything was handled leaves much to be desired because I do see the potential it had but its been left squandered.
Yeah, I do wish we got some more in-depth background for the other girls. I liked how we got up close with Hilda's past after she and Ange had managed to escape and Hilda's development is what made her one of my favorite girls.
Old 2017-08-08, 22:47   Link #4117
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, I do wish we got some more in-depth background for the other girls. I liked how we got up close with Hilda's past after she and Ange had managed to escape and Hilda's development is what made her one of my favorite girls.
It's quiet funny how they seem to bury that hatchet real fast lolz.
And she falls in love with her lol.
I do have to tip my head sideways at that consider their first impressions with each other.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

I do wonder how the series could have been with some differences. Like Instead of Misty and her family just inspecting Arzenal they are the ones that actually control it's day to day functions or so like how Emma did, so she'd be their subordinate. This is not the first thing I thought of though, that comes next.

I would have liked to see Julio or Sylvia be in charge of it too, just to see the total rejection on a continuous basis and all the while Ange having to deal with it, not being their sister anymore and so.
HAHAHA DESPAIR!!!! Maybe after Ange would try to rescue Sylvia it would happen. lolz

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2017-08-09 at 19:50.
Old 2017-08-12, 11:03   Link #4118
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

When Ange and Sala clashed for the first time in episode 11 and saw all those visions of themselves, did people come to a consensus on whether the other Anges and Salas were previous stages in a reincarnation cycle or parallel alternate realities?
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 11:20   Link #4119
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Possible lives they could have had/have.
Possible reincarnation of their lives and this is just one of them.

They were past lovers before lol

Still would want a reboot/ remake of this series made more proper even if it could be a different storyline.

Old 2017-08-12, 14:19   Link #4120
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Given the way the series ended up, I'd probably guess they were (possible) alternate / parallel realities myself.

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance