AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-16, 14:06   Link #41
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
There is no such thing.
There's different styles. For a quick example, I always bring up Studio DEEN, which sucks in the overall technical department but its shows always handle very original concepts (I'm not talking about original content, I'm talking about original approach).

My favorite studio is probably Production I.G. and close comes BONES, but I don't have qualms against any studio at all. All of them are different and cater to different audiences.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 16:41   Link #42
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
But this The first time hearing About kyoto animations
unless you are playing the grammar police I'm surprised you don't know the studio that produced the series your avatar is based on
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 16:52   Link #43
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
unless you are playing the grammar police I'm surprised you don't know the studio that produced the series your avatar is based on
Really I Didn't Know That...
Old 2007-12-16, 17:20   Link #44
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Kyo-Ani has been mine also, ever since they took over production of the FMP franchise with Fumoffu. With every release they've had after, it had always been gorgeous. SHnY, FMP TSR, and Clannad are particularly beautiful with vivid detail. Before Kyo-Ani, it was Studio Deen for their work with YUA, Kenshin OVA, Mari-mite, etc. Of course, there are plenty of great studios including Production IG, Satelite, Sunrise, but my fave right now is Kyo-Ani. That they've picked up FMP and SHnY is good for them, and they did great in those titles.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 17:26   Link #45
Khaos

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by megumidk View Post
4 Year ago, I would have said Gainax, since they created some of the most impressive and inspiring anime titles ever. But lately, they seem to have lost the magic that made shows such as NGE, KKNJ and FLCL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric View Post
GAINAX used to be my favorite but they've resorted to generic fanservice shows now.
It seems, there are some people who haven't heared of Gainax' ultimate Masterpiece Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yet.
I'd say: Go, watch it and revise your opinion.

And for shows like NGE, KK, FLCL, Abenobashi, Diebuster (Gunbuster 2) and on top of all anime ever, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gainax gets the credits!
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 17:38   Link #46
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
It seems, there are some people who haven't heared of Gainax' ultimate Masterpiece Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann yet.
I'd say: Go, watch it and revise your opinion.

And for shows like NGE, KK, FLCL, Abenobashi, Diebuster (Gunbuster 2) and on top of all anime ever, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gainax gets the credits!
LOL looking at their posts you can see they were written on 2004, which means Gurren Lagann wasn't born yet

anyway, mine will be KyoAni (for Haruhi Suzumiya, Kanon and FMP and their high-quality animation) and JC Staff (for making classics such as Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover)
Old 2007-12-16, 17:50   Link #47
Khaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
LOL looking at their posts you can see they were written on 2004, which means Gurren Lagann wasn't born yet

anyway, mine will be KyoAni (for Haruhi Suzumiya, Kanon and FMP and their high-quality animation) and JC Staff (for making classics such as Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover)
sorry, my bad ^^
I didn't look at the dates, just thought this was a new thread.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 18:10   Link #48
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Gainax despite of their...how should I say this...controversial ending, they still made really amazing anime, from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster, and Diebuster. And I must really say that they do make great super robot shows.

Sunrise, probably my favorite for creating Gundam, my first anime, one of the Yusha Series, and creating my favorite anime of all time, GaoGaiGar. I have high respect for them, but recently they haven't made an anime of GaoGaiGar quality and no, Code Geass, while being good comes nowhere GaoGaiGar (well for me anyhow).

Also Bones, though not my favorite but for creating Rahxephon and Eureka 7, they are one of the best studio out there.
Old 2007-12-17, 03:20   Link #49
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

For me the only one is the Bs-i studio
Ruhisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 03:42   Link #50
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I can't choose between Sunrise and Madhouse so I'll just say Sunrise AND Madhouse
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 04:06   Link #51
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Sure KyoAni doesn't have the history like Ghibli and Toei, but what little they do in what little time is excellent. Some of my favorite anime are created by KyoAni, starting with the hilarious Fumoffu, then the masterpiece SHnY, then the moving Kanon, and finally the on-going Clannad.

The sad thing is that the anime in my top ten list are all over the place, with Madhouse, Studio Fantasia, ARMS, Studio Deen, Radix, and I haven't heard of all of these.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 07:06   Link #52
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
For me the only one is the Bs-i studio
Umm, that's a broadcasting channel, not an anime studio.

Old 2007-12-17, 09:51   Link #53
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

These days I find myself watching more and more Madhouse productions. Of course, one reason for that is how incredibly profilic they are, but I do think they've had some of the best properties in the past year or so. One thing I've noticed about Madhouse shows is the amount of attention paid to facial representations, perhaps the most difficult part of all animation. Look at how subtly, yet effectively, they draw the characters in a show like Dennou Coil; just a few lines here and there create a remarkable sense of realism. Even in a show like Claymore, whose overall animation was good but not stunning, the depiction of the characters is always impressive.

Sometime this fall I started reviewing the studios responsible for the shows I've enjoyed the most in the past year. Madhouse was consistently in the list with shows as diverse as Saiunkoku Monogatari, Oh! Edo Rocket, and Claymore.

I'd also like to see more work from Satelight (Noein) and Studio 4C (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu).

However, if I had to pick one anime this year based on visuals alone, there's no competition in my mind. Toei's work on Bakaneko/Mononoke wins the prize.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 09:55   Link #54
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Reading SeijiSensei, I remembered a newcomer studio that really impressed me with their first major production: Brains-Base, who were in charge of Baccano!. The animation was certainly stunning, and the storytelling technique was of the best I've seen in a long, long time. I certainly expect to see more of them in the future.

Old 2007-12-17, 13:11   Link #55
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Shaft is my current favorite. While some may say that the staff are taking acid during production (I can definitely see why), I like the style. The scenes are strange, but purposefully and artistically done, which adds more depth to the work. From the blackboard flashes in SZS that requires active pausing to the almost abstract presentation of ef ~a tale of memories~, they certainly do find ways of making mundane moments rather interesting. The breath-taking backgrounds in ef are definitely worth major points as well. Poor low-budget technical execution, but as long as it never comes close to Higurashi levels, it doesn't bother me.

KyoAni is an honorable mention. I don't really care about their "perfection animation quality" or whatever. I'm usually not looking closely enough to pick up the details anyway. However, their improvement in story-telling is very noteworthy.

IMO Air was poorly done, they clearly lost focus and didn't adapt the multi-routed nature of visual novels well at all. That said, Kanon 2006 was a quantum leap up simply by keeping focus, one arc at a time. Clannad is on another level entirely. They showed clear planning and somehow intertwine completely independent arcs. Major, major points for growth.
Old 2007-12-17, 13:24   Link #56
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Starchild Records..The Funnest Animes Come Out From the Studio..
Aniplex The best anime in History Rurouni Kenshin Been Produce By This Studio ..
avex mode I Don't Know If This Is Studio But There Been Good Animes produce by avex mode..
Old 2007-12-17, 13:41   Link #57
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Starchild Records..The Funnest Animes Come Out From the Studio..
Aniplex The best anime in History Rurouni Kenshin Been Produce By This Studio ..
avex mode I Don't Know If This Is Studio But There Been Good Animes produce by avex mode..
Actually, according to Wikipedia, Kenshin was produced by Studio Gallop (1-66), then Studio DEEN (67-95). I'm not sure what Aniplex is.

Avex (mode) is a Japanese label company for singers, idols, and the like. They sometimes sponsor anime broadcast.

Starchild Records is a music production company, and seems to be extremely prolific from their ANN page.

None of these are actual anime production studios.
Old 2007-12-17, 13:46   Link #58
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I don't have any other favourite than KyoAni.

Most of my favs are by them.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 13:54   Link #59
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Actually, according to Wikipedia, Kenshin was produced by Studio Gallop (1-66), then Studio DEEN (67-95). I'm not sure what Aniplex is.

Avex (mode) is a Japanese label company for singers, idols, and the like. They sometimes sponsor anime broadcast.

Starchild Records is a music production company, and seems to be extremely prolific from their ANN page.

None of these are actual anime production studios.
Really .....I opened Anime News Net Work...These Studios Been Produce Some Anime Too..According To Them ..
Well I'm Not so sure About avex mode..
Old 2007-12-17, 14:24   Link #60
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Really .....I opened Anime News Net Work...These Studios Been Produce Some Anime Too..According To Them ..
Well I'm Not so sure About avex mode..
Yeah I did notice that ANN lists Starchild as a producer in some series. However, they also say it's an offshoot of King Records, which is a music/label company. I'm guessing it's ambiguous language and that they do produce the music.