AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 04:32   Link #3981
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I find this to be an uneconomic waste of paper O.o

Not sure about japanese writing culture but I'm pretty sure such big blanks are frowned upon. It feels like a lazy attempt at filler than actual part of writing. Then again that is conversation. *scratch scratch*
Just Izuru at it again

However, plain paper considered cheap in Japan, because their forest produce 'soft' wooden for the major part. East Asian country for the most part import wooden pulp from such country, because hard wood produce bad paper.

One issue of Jump is cheaper than a bowl of ramen, after all
Old 2013-04-28, 04:33   Link #3982
Flere821
Lurker

*reads Vol8 spoilers*

... I am all for reading the Chinese translation when it comes out before making the final verdict, but what I have read so far does not encourage me that this would be good plot in any way beyond the superficial fanservice and Rule of Cool. *shrug* oh well, it's not like I haven't seen series crash and burn before, and I think I stopped caring about this a while back.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:35   Link #3983
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm still separating my idea of IS from Izuru's "vision" of IS myself.

It's hypocritical of me since I don't edit my works but he should be more critical of his own work. Just sayin'. I'm not even talking about plot. Just plain writing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:36   Link #3984
Eratas123

Lets just hope he finishes:/ After ZNT's author left this world, I'm beginning to believe that harem light novels are cursed. I'll take a shit ending over no ending.
Old 2013-04-28, 04:36   Link #3985
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

How did you read シオン as Shana? It's Sion, and there's a ライナ for Ryner here
That's not the one I saw.

The 13th word from the last.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:44   Link #3986
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Lets just hope he finishes:/ After ZNT's author left this world, I'm beginning to believe that harem light novels are cursed. I'll take a shit ending over no ending.
Author of Crayon Shinchan (R.I.P. Yoshito Usui) said the most stressful writer is the one that write comedy, believe it or not.

That's not going to be healthy, considering most harem are comedy...
Old 2013-04-28, 04:46   Link #3987
Eratas123

Light Novels seem to be a dangerous profession:/
Old 2013-04-28, 04:46   Link #3988
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Comedy is a problem because you have to make sure it's funny. The fact that you have to do it on a regular basis makes it a problem as you run out of ammo fast.
Old 2013-04-28, 04:51   Link #3989
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
The fact that you have to do it on a regular basis makes it a problem as you run out of ammo fast.
haha....hahahaha....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2013-04-28, 04:54   Link #3990
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Zero's gone off the deep end
Old 2013-04-28, 05:04   Link #3991
Eratas123

Its true. Comic abuse is funny at first, but it needs to be broken up from time to time since its not a complete gag series.

You want an example: Look at the Teen Titans episode "Crash" or "Date with Destiny" and then watch the episodes "Haunted" or "Inner Beast". The comedy is nice because it takes away the sting of the dark episodes.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:08   Link #3992
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think the biggest difficulty with writing in publications instead of screenplay is the inability to "tag out". Screen writers can have other writers take an episode or two before the main writer goes back in with a fresh mind and starts working again. For manga, LN and others, they have to work on it from start to finish.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:08   Link #3993
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Basically what eras said, hence the laugh.

I feel Izuru forced himself to take comedy not out of ignorance, but out of fear of failure. He also...ah, distrustful of editors.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:20   Link #3994
Eratas123

The problem is IS TRIES to take itself seriously and fails to deliver:/ Every volume is interrupted with some kind of unknown force, but the audience reaction isn't "Shite just got real" but rather "Another tournament interrupted!? Come on!". If he made it a gag series from day 1 then there wouldn't be complaints. The problem ultimately ends with the series leaning heavily on comedy when it tries to be both action and humor.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:24   Link #3995
Hydreigon28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
There is one illustration with Tatenashi in the infirmary with bandages still.
Spoiler for Volume 7 and 8 spoilers:
Hydreigon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:27   Link #3996
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ No, she was kidnapped.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:27   Link #3997
Eratas123

The summary is unclear, but apparently she was using a similar Raiden suit like Chifuyu, and not Mysterious Lady. Makes sense why a blowtorch was able to stop her; a plasma cutter wouldn't even dent an IS.

@ Hasumi - Ichika saved her, according to the posted summary. Least he did something
Old 2013-04-28, 05:31   Link #3998
Hydreigon28

Quote:
The summary is unclear, but apparently she was using a similar Raiden suit like Chifuyu, and not Mysterious Lady. Makes sense why a blowtorch was able to stop her; a plasma cutter wouldn't even dent an IS.

@ Hasumi - Ichika saved her, according to the posted summary. Least he did something
Thank you for the clarification. The spoilers from Christ's post said that she used her IS, but how is she still able to fight after the injuries in volume 7?
Hydreigon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:32   Link #3999
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think the biggest difficulty with writing in publications instead of screenplay is the inability to "tag out". Screen writers can have other writers take an episode or two before the main writer goes back in with a fresh mind and starts working again. For manga, LN and others, they have to work on it from start to finish.
That's not entirely true either.

Durarara's author, Narita Ryohgo, once wrote a short story for Kazuma Kamachi's Index series. Kamachi liked it so much that he used the ideas Narita created in that side story for a future main story, and even credited him for it.

Likewise if they're capable enough, Author can start new titles while in the middle of their main stories. Or if they need more time they can always negotiate something with their Editors. Hell, Tanigawa Nagaru has Haruhi's next volume in the works for two years already.

Quote:
The problem is IS TRIES to take itself seriously and fails to deliver:/ Every volume is interrupted with some kind of unknown force, but the audience reaction isn't "Shite just got real" but rather "Another tournament interrupted!? Come on!". If he made it a gag series from day 1 then there wouldn't be complaints. The problem ultimately ends with the series leaning heavily on comedy when it tries to be both action and humor.
There are plenty of title that does this well enough- the concept itself is fine.

Izuru is just that bad.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:35   Link #4000
Eratas123

@ Hydre - Sheer badassitude? Also, given that this is the future, healing faster makes sense. Ichika gets smacked around like a stress relief doll and fights just fine. Why not Tatenashi?

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen