AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 44.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 33.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-17, 13:06   Link #61
Divini
Senpai!

I died at: "Does Kirino really wanna have sex with me?"
Old 2013-06-17, 16:11   Link #62
Deathscyther

Even though I love episode 9 with a passion, this episode was probably the best one of the season if you look at the whole picture. The drama, comedy and character interaction were all really good and the animation was better than usual as well.

The scene of the Kousaka family was really interesting. You'd think their parents would notice the change in behaviour of their children after all. After I noticed that their mother was watching their 'emotional moment' in the background during episode 6, I knew that this discussion would come sooner or later. During this little talk Kyousuke's and Kirino's mother finally points out something that I've been pointing out since episode 9, namely the importance of the fact that Kirino is calling her brother 'Kyousuke' now.
I had to facepalm a few seconds later. Both of the siblings are trying to deny everything, but both are kind of making it worse. First Kirino shouts 'I told you not to stick it there!' to Kyousuke while blushing furiously after their mother shows them the heart-shaped picture of the two, which basically confirms their parents' suspicions that something is going on between them. After that Kyousuke is the one who says something stupid. His parents tell Kyousuke to start living on his own because they think he and Kirino are getting too close. Of course he tries to deny this, but what is the first thing Kyousuke says after hearing what he has to do to return: 'I'll get an A and come right back', while looking at Kirino with a soothing smile on his face. Acting all lovey-dovey isn't helping here. Did he forget that the ones who are accusing the siblings of being too close are still right in front of him? Isn't this just adding fuel to the fire, Kyousuke...?

The Kyousuke Kanako scene was priceless, especially the fact that he denied everything she said with a straight face. The best line was of course 'She's eating a sausage.' ...Kyousuke, you pervert. I don't know anyone who could say something like that with a straight face in such a situation.... Kanako doesn't have a really big role in the series, but the scenes she is in are usually pretty funny.

The Ayase-Kuroneko 'battle' was epic, of course. Ayase still has a way to go if she wants to win against Kuroneko though. It's just like she says, she knows Kirino's 'true feelings' better than anyone else. I think she might have let her imagination run a bit too wild though when she said 'I wouldn't mind if Kyousuke had sex with his actual sister!' But Kyousuke again made me facepalm a few seconds later. Instead of stopping the (interesting and graphical) fight between Kuroneko and Ayase, Kyousuke actually asks if Kirino wants to have sex with him. You're turning into some kind of Hentai Ōji, Kyousuke...

But even though Kanako, Ayase and Kuroneko all had their time to shine, I have to say that Kirino stole the episode for me. Kirino's just so cute when she's being more honest with herself. This episode shows just how much she has changed since this series began. There were a lot of subtle hints in this episode that she's become really close to her brother. Their conversation in Kyousuke's own place felt really heartwarming. The way they look at each other and the subtle movements they make when talking make them seem really comfortable with each other's presences. Especially the way Kirino slowly pushes Kyousuke's 'thumbs up' down with a smile on her face made me feel like this. In the past she didn't even want to touch him. The old Kirino would have slapped his hand away while saying that he was being gross.

The final scene was really sad as well. Kirino kicked against Kyousuke's door, probably hoping that it's suddenly opened by her brother. But after she realised that the door wouldn't open she rested her head against his door, drained of any energy she had left. She then decided to open the door herself and upon noticing that the room was completely empty she buried her face into his bed. Even if this situation she managed to stay true to her tsun self 'You don't have to come back, baka...' If this wasn't enough to convey her feelings of loneliness, then nothing is.

Hmm, I tried to keep it short, but I seem to have failed...
Old 2013-06-17, 19:37   Link #63
HandofFate

I get Kirino having a fanpage/blogs about her since she's a model and all.

But isn't Ayase just a regular student?
Old 2013-06-17, 19:42   Link #64
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Ayase is also a model, so it wouldn't be a surprise if a model like her got popular and got a fan page/blog as well.
Old 2013-06-18, 00:40   Link #65
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Ain't both of them are models???
Old 2013-06-18, 00:55   Link #66
FreedomFighterGunboy

Great ep. Can't wait for the next. The title for the next episode suggests that it will be Ayase involved, can't wait for that.
Old 2013-06-18, 01:16   Link #67
Aoken
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Love the interaction between Toroboneko and Ayase, this should happen more often.
Old 2013-06-19, 02:50   Link #68
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't know which took the episode: Kanako's cuteness, Ayase's interactions with Kyousuke, Ruri's elegant lines or Kirino's feelings?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-06-19, 03:06   Link #69
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't know which took the episode: Kanako's cuteness, Ayase's interactions with Kyousuke, Ruri's elegant lines or Kirino's feelings?
How about all of them.

Last edited by Kakurin; 2013-06-19 at 04:00.
Old 2013-06-19, 03:18   Link #70
Wilshere

Quote:
LOL,which lines did she spoke were elegant??? All I know that her lines were harenshi lol
Old 2013-06-19, 04:01   Link #71
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
LOL,which lines did she spoke were elegant??? All I know that her lines were harenshi lol
I think that was ironic.
Old 2013-06-19, 04:23   Link #72
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Did you see how posed her posture is when she said "she doesn't mind if the siblings do the birds and bees thing"?
That hand as she accepts being called a pervert?

THAT, my friend is elegance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-06-19, 04:25   Link #73
Wilshere

Quote:
Did you see how posed her posture is when she said "she doesn't mind if the siblings do the birds and bees thing"?
That hand as she accepts being called a pervert?

THAT, my friend is elegance.
LOL, I admit, I like Ruri because of her honesty and sharp analysis of what may be between the siblings. That look on Ayase, hehehehe for me, Kirino still stole the show.
Old 2013-06-21, 04:49   Link #74
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
That moment when you realize "what if the knife wasn't sheathed when Ayase starting jabbing him with it?"
But Ayase is too lovely to be nice boating Kyousuke!
Old 2013-06-21, 11:34   Link #75
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
But Ayase is too lovely to be nice boating Kyousuke!
Nothing is too lovely for a Nice Boat!
Old 2013-06-21, 20:38   Link #76
chaos_animagic

Ayase stabbing Kyousuki with sheathed Knife... true Yandere here.
Old 2013-08-14, 16:08   Link #77
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
She is so tsun that she is still tsun in her deredere moment

But it was a great detail on there from the animator. Slight kick the door, lay her head on it, before drop herself on Kyousuke bed. Just visit your oniichan if you missed him that much, you silly girl!!
Sorry for digging up such an old thread, but I just noticed the ending scene of this episode is mirroring episode 6 of the first season (when Kyousuke stayed the night at Manami's). Kirino was wearing the same pyjamas, kicked Kyousuke's door (repeatedly), though she doesn't enter. In the end Kirino seems to struggle getting to sleep, and says "Fine, you don't have to come back. Idiot." while hugging that dakimakura.
Old 2013-08-14, 19:26   Link #78
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Sorry for digging up such an old thread, but I just noticed the ending scene of this episode is mirroring episode 6 of the first season (when Kyousuke stayed the night at Manami's). Kirino was wearing the same pyjamas, kicked Kyousuke's door (repeatedly), though she doesn't enter. In the end Kirino seems to struggle getting to sleep, and says "Fine, you don't have to come back. Idiot." while hugging that dakimakura.
Good observation. I did remember that the door-kicking was an allusion to that episode, but I forgot that even the dialogue was basically mirrored (slightly different, but close). The biggest difference is in the tone of voice/attitude. In the first season, she mostly seemed annoyed/pissed-off that he wasn't there. But in the second season, they make it much, much more clear that she's sad and she misses him.

One of the things I like most about the second season on the whole is how it changes the way you understand the events of the first season the next time you watch it.
Old 2013-08-14, 20:13   Link #79
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Indeed! I actually wished I hadn't my old OreImo episodes (back then I was really annoyed by Kirino. This season has done well to make me change my opinion of her!)

So many subtexts and pulling at heartstrings. Even the harem reveal (yes, I didn't realize it was a harem anime until we got to that BBq episode ) wasn't overdone. Nice balance.