AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-09, 22:15   Link #81
syniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
I believe it is not so much as physical pain, but mental anguish. Think Asuka after she got mind-raped by an Angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

As for the sharing of vision, the elder brother explained it. Their brainwaves synchronised, enabling the others to see what the younger brother can see. Judging from the circumstantial evidence, the younger brother cannot control his power. Think Rogue, from X-Men.
I think I agree with both of you here. I can see the brother as being very sensitive so seeing people wiyth such negative influences in their lives could be quite distressing.

On the other hand I think the writers are taking it too far (like many other animes). If the kid were all that much of a reader he would have been reading all sorts of negative things from the doctors he was living with during his childhood. I definitely think he would be a good deal tougher than what they make him out to be in the anime.

It makes me want to have a Patton moment and slap the kid and say 'get over it.'

BUT.. for all that there is still something about this that draws me to it, a little. I kind of like the minimalist music and I do like anime that protray strong family/romantic bonds... and I'm interested in the back story of that psychic girl and how it wil fit in to the overall series

EDIT: oops! I just saw ep 3.. I can see a little better why he would have mental anguish !

Last edited by syniel; 2006-08-09 at 22:27.
Old 2006-08-10, 05:49   Link #82
lommm
l'homme de lommm

ep03 aired and a sub is out now...

as this show progresses i am more and more impressed

i will wait for people to watch it instead of posting a summary, but one thing that was quite significant to me...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-10, 14:31   Link #83
Stormblazer
General Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Stormblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Stormblazer
Have to say, while the show looks decent, so far it's been rather disappointing. They have far too many flashbacks, especially in ep2, and the plot, thus far, is progressing at a rediculously slow rate.

I'll wait and see what ep4 holds.
Old 2006-08-10, 18:08   Link #84
GoTz
Deleted

i actually really like this series so far (even though it's 3 eps in lol)

it's a total mind trip and i love the dark theme of it

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
Old 2006-08-11, 11:37   Link #85
misori
Extreme Tea Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to misori Send a message via Yahoo to misori
I don't know about you guys, (has read all the posts) but I personally enjoy this anime very much. xD I haven't been this excited about an anime since FMA, and that was a long time ago. I'm very glad to see something that's got my interest to the point that I can't sit still in my seat. I'm just fascinated by plots like this, and I actually do like the ending song. Sounds pretty nice, has got good lyrics, and who cares if it's got nothing to do with the anime. It's just an ED song...

I'm just not too picky about the anime itself because the plot's so good that I was into it from the 1st episode. YEP, the first one. xD (And I like overprotective older brothers... and... Naoya's cute. X_x) (Or you can blame it on the fact that I'm a Lain fan...)
Old 2006-08-11, 16:44   Link #86
jtrog

Yah, I didn't know what to think either seeing the name of the series but decided to 'give it a try'. I like it, and I see a story its developing at the end of show 2. Wont be a bad path if it goes that way (thinking they are going to start solving some community issues).

Every one at one time or another 'wishes' they could do "magic" (super-natural things) of sometype.

OP and ED songs are cool.

added --

Show 3, I about broke my chair scooting back in it during some of the scenes in this one.

Last edited by jtrog; 2006-08-13 at 10:08.
Old 2006-08-13, 15:27   Link #87
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-16, 01:58   Link #88
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Spoiler for Ep03:
Old 2006-08-19, 19:51   Link #89
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-22, 00:06   Link #90
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Spoiler for Ep04:
Old 2006-08-24, 06:34   Link #91
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

When I started watching this series it seemed to have some interest, but episode 3 was too boring to watch... The plot advances so slowly and the writing isn't good at all.
Old 2006-08-28, 07:37   Link #92
declan
Paranoid Android

Night Head Genesis is actually taken from a really old manga / tv series that was out in the early 90s called Night Head, by George Hida. I've read a translated version a while back, and if I remember correctly, the manga actually depicts the brothers more intimately, i.e., they're always holding hands and such, and people actually mistake them for a homosexual couple... I think the plot was changed a bit in this anime version though...

IMHO, the art leaves more than a little something to be desired, and it does appear incredibly low budget, but the voice acting by the Morikawa / Ishida totally make up for it.

Spoiler:

PS... Doesn't Naoto look like Conrad from Kyou Kara Maou? He's voiced by Morikawa too
Old 2006-09-04, 22:59   Link #93
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Spoiler for Ep05:

Spoiler for Ep06 preview & profanity:
Old 2006-09-05, 09:39   Link #94
miaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by declan
Night Head Genesis is actually taken from a really old manga / tv series that was out in the early 90s called Night Head, by George Hida. I've read a translated version a while back, and if I remember correctly, the manga actually depicts the brothers more intimately, i.e., they're always holding hands and such, and people actually mistake them for a homosexual couple... I think the plot was changed a bit in this anime version though...

IMHO, the art leaves more than a little something to be desired, and it does appear incredibly low budget, but the voice acting by the Morikawa / Ishida totally make up for it.

Spoiler:

PS... Doesn't Naoto look like Conrad from Kyou Kara Maou? He's voiced by Morikawa too
I think its originally a novel series...... Its currently being reprint by kodansha. It has total of 4 volume (by Kodansha) and 3 side novel ( published by kodokawa) .

so it do have a manga counter part. Its really really hard to find the live action version.
Old 2006-09-08, 11:10   Link #95
declan
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka
I think its originally a novel series...... Its currently being reprint by kodansha. It has total of 4 volume (by Kodansha) and 3 side novel ( published by kodokawa) .

so it do have a manga counter part. Its really really hard to find the live action version.
Thanks for the info. Will try to land my hands on a copy of the novel if i can.

The manga is published by Tohan, has 8 volumes and is illustrated by Tateno Makoto.
Old 2006-09-14, 08:03   Link #96
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
How strange...Another interesting series IMHO, but no one's talking about it thus far...

Episode 7's released, isn't it?
Old 2006-09-14, 19:59   Link #97
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Episode 7's released, isn't it?
Yes but not many people seem to like the series so far. I like the mysteriousness of the show as well as each independent story though.
Old 2006-09-14, 20:54   Link #98
misori
Extreme Tea Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to misori Send a message via Yahoo to misori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Yes but not many people seem to like the series so far. I like the mysteriousness of the show as well as each independent story though.
Yes, it seems so, but I'm one of those who also likes the series. xD
Old 2006-09-15, 02:00   Link #99
Sakuya
*Artist

Can anyone else can't help but think "Yukino from Mai HiME" when they see Shouko's friend? She has the same kind of hairstyle with that same tone of voice with just a bit more determination.
Old 2006-09-15, 06:38   Link #100
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

As if those 2 brothers weren't easy enough to slash into a yaoi couple, they go and do this scene in ep 8.

I didn't put this in spoiler tags cause it doesn't reveal anything at all.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, supernatural