AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 08:10   Link #141
Ziziphus
Whatever

Wow I finally log in after ages of lurking and I find this, good timing! I love riddles so I'm in.

The trial riddle was too hard for me though. When I read "all things devours" the first thing I thought of was Guu. Lol
Old 2011-02-02, 08:19   Link #142
Butter Fly
M so busy nww......
*Author

Cool Thing. Even though I'm no good at riddles, I will give some tries
Old 2011-02-02, 08:22   Link #143
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm somewhat worried the sheer number of participants will be all posting at once leading to a lot of confusion...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 08:34   Link #144
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Haak, that didn't really happen in the test run. There was at least some time between posts, even though now looking back it may seem like they were flooding in.
Old 2011-02-02, 08:57   Link #145
Kafriel
Senior Guest

As long as there is a time frame for each riddle during which one or two mods can be active, I think it can go on without any problems.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 09:00   Link #146
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@Kafriel it doesn't really matter, since it's basically first to post correct link wins. So there's no need for mods to be active constantly until it's solved.

Of course the quicker we know if a link is correct or not, the more fun is to be had.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:10   Link #147
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I never thought that there's a link on "Search" of all places! O_O;;
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 09:11   Link #148
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's the fun part :P Well, this is what made the trial hard, really. If you look back to the first hunt, most URLs are more normal.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:33   Link #149
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I never thought that there's a link on "Search" of all places! O_O;;
As NightWish stated, it was a pretty unfair puzzle. Though in retrospect we did solve most of the fair aspects of it.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:45   Link #150
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I didn't even get a chance to have a go at it. It was posted at 23:00 and then solved at around 03:00.

If it's always going to be posted at the same time then people on the other side of the world have no chance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 10:08   Link #151
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No, the riddles are posted one after the other, so assuming there are enough it shouldn't be a problem of covering the clock. Obviously you may inevitably miss some riddles.
Old 2011-02-02, 10:10   Link #152
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Some may take a few days to solve, we got two weeks for each.
Old 2011-02-02, 10:31   Link #153
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Kairin will post the riddles at different times of the day to be fair to everyone. Unless you're on the forum 24/7 you'll probably miss the start of some; the time between one riddle ending and another starting will not be consistent or predictable
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 10:41   Link #154
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Where will the riddles be posted? Central riddle-only thread? Last night there was some confusion as to what the riddle was or when it ended.
Old 2011-02-02, 10:51   Link #155
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
@Haak, that didn't really happen in the test run. There was at least some time between posts, even though now looking back it may seem like they were flooding in.
"Looking back"? In the span of a DAY there were over 100 posts. That's what I call "flooding in," especially when I only go here once or twice a day.

Incidentally, you should post the riddles themselves in a locked thread so that they don't get cluttered with other posts.
Old 2011-02-02, 11:08   Link #156
Seihai
スマイリウム

The idea about posting the riddles themselves in a seperate locked thread sounds like a good one. Or just link to each post in the OP containing a riddle when it gets posted.

And I wouldn't worry about the flooding in. If you only choose to check out only once or twice a day, then that stays your choice. I like the way the previous contest was held, and the flooding issue isn't a problem because you don't need to check all the posts, do you? You check out the riddle (assuming it's in a seperate thread for better overview so you won't try to look up answers to riddles which were already solved), then provide your answer(s). That's basically it. If people posted the same links already before you did, that's that. The only ones who might get a hard time are the mods. But seeing how especially the AS team should have a slight advantage in this contest, some mods are bound to participate and are thus able to keep things under control. Though I doubt besides the amount of posts itself there will be any more problems.
Old 2011-02-02, 11:21   Link #157
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
"Looking back"? In the span of a DAY there were over 100 posts. That's what I call "flooding in," especially when I only go here once or twice a day.

Incidentally, you should post the riddles themselves in a locked thread so that they don't get cluttered with other posts.
I'd take it a step further. Simply have a seperate lock thread for contest updates. Basically everything from the riddle to updates like "Check: up to post #1234 and bellow, no valid answer yet" or "Hint: blah blah" or "Riddle solved by blah-blah".
Old 2011-02-02, 12:01   Link #158
Prodigy
Heartless

Dang I missed the trial. Making a riddle is equally hard as solving it.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 12:27   Link #159
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I suck at riddles, but I really love the idea and will stick around for the fun

Also thanks for the ... very hard to miss notice XD Thought I had some loading error or something at first.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 13:56   Link #160
Deathscyther

Wow, interesting. I guess I'll give this a go.

Tags
contest, scavenger hunt