Sanji Smoker

Notice anything in particular?
Wow! That's what I was talking about!
Old 2004-09-23, 00:17   Link #82
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riese
4K wants money and they sure noticed that anime can rake in the bucks.
Financially firebomb them-don't watch their stuff, don't shop at places advertised during the broadcast of One Piece and don't buy merchendise that will result in money going into 4K's pockets.

Simple as that.
Just because 4Kids just suddenly pulled One Piece to America (which they shouldn't have). Doesn't mean that 4Kids'll be gaining money when the manga is purchased. It's just only giving to VIZ (SJ) more money to publish more manga in the future. Or so that's what I think.

It's called; supporting VIZ
Old 2004-09-23, 15:12   Link #83
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I seriously doubt any kids that watched FOXBOX One Piece will go out and buy the Manga from Viz.

I will however try to see who bought commercial time and NOT buy those products It's that (product company's name) problem because they backed a poorly done project!

There is no way I can complete another viewing of this crap. The music was way to painful on my ears and WAY to loud and annoying. I can think of several better things to do, than to watch this disaster ever agai .

For those who have nothing better to do, please stay up late watching some good anime and sleep in! Please don't torture your mind or body to the FOX BOX line up.

*just in case there is a need for clarity: I Loud music and well done music. I'm never far from a hit CD full of J-Pop! Even now I have a slight vibration on the keyboard from the working woofer!*
Old 2004-09-24, 01:44   Link #84
Kouji
StrykerX

Damn pathyfinder, when it comes to emoticons you never hold back

But for me (at least), I'd rather just read the manga instead. Because VIZ doesn't hold back and they even let that whole chapter 1 (taken from the original episode) slip by
Old 2004-09-28, 00:48   Link #85
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Here are a couple of editting gems from episode 2 (not editted by me, these are straight from the show.)

http://alamer.scifi-meshes.com/gg-4k-op.jpg
http://alamer.scifi-meshes.com/mystery-hat-4k-op.gif

If people dont notice these, then they are as blind as bats.
Old 2004-09-28, 01:37   Link #86
Kouji
StrykerX

Unfortunately for me, the episode was cut in favor of the baseball special.
Old 2004-09-28, 13:08   Link #87
kissy0560
-kristin-

Send a message via AIM to kissy0560
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Since One Piece will be here the 18th (9:30/10:30 central) on FOX, I thought that it would be really good to have a discussion on this 4Kids version of One Piece.

its awful!!! one piece..On fox!! i havent seen it yet..but i'm terrified..its so depressing..i want to read the subtitiles, and i want to download more eps..not see re-runs on freakin foxbox in english.and freakin-a..sanji with a lollipop?! thats retarded!!! death to 4kids!! die!!
Old 2004-09-29, 00:28   Link #88
Kouji
StrykerX

I could imagine that 4Kids would be crying if they heard this news. And that countless fans bash them for their horrible dubbing

But your guys're totally right. Even the manga/original version's more better. Let's admit it when it comes to dubbing. Bandai definitely owns in this department. Heck, look at Wolf's Rain, CB etc... It's like when people watch animes from this dubber, they feel satisfied (unlike 4Kids).

Seeing as Bandai delivers, and 4Kids does not.
Old 2004-09-30, 11:04   Link #89
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy
Angry

I hate that one piece is on fox!!!......now its going to turn in to another yu-gi-oh or inuyasha...plus dont you think its a little violant for kids.....

also i no this isnt one piece but did theychange shaman king when they put it on fox??? i only watched it once soo i couldnt tell?
Old 2004-09-30, 18:07   Link #90
Kouji
StrykerX

Yeah, even the movies show it. Next time a person emails 4Kids they should remind them the horrible choice they made upon picking up One Piece. And not only that but more than a half of the anime will be cut from the manga & original anime version.

And can you imagine how long it'll take them to reach the Captain Kuro & Arlong saga, let alone the Buggy/Sky Pia saga.
Old 2004-10-01, 00:18   Link #91
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
We should form a group and storm the station! or we can just send some one in and steal one of the One Piece kiddy version and splice into the cassette a RobinXluffy hentai film. Destroy the purity of the kids so they dont have to worry about editing out such small details in comparison.
Old 2004-10-01, 02:24   Link #92
Kouji
StrykerX

Or perform some kind of jutsu that disables 4Kids to license any future anime. Like a ban no jutsu or something like that. *shrugs*

But honestly, I'm sick and tired how they treat animes from TV Tokyo. If they want to do an anime, they should look how Bandai does it. Because with animes of Bandai, they definitely don't go wrong.

And another thing is that they hire VAs that we really haven't heard of, heck some may do a really bad job. Compared to the VAs that do animes for Bandai. Becasue the ones that do B.E projects are consistant and that they are VAs that we've known through out the years. Which have been doing much of a better job for these animes.

To me (in the American Idol sense). 4Kids would be compared to those singers that sing really bad or have a "train crash". But in Bandai's case, they're like those singers that sing really perfectly and even get flown off to the finals etc...
Old 2004-10-01, 10:43   Link #93
luffy

Send a message via MSN to luffy

we should find who ever had the idea of putting it on in the first place and welll i wont say any more because i dont want to get in trouble.............
Old 2004-10-01, 11:37   Link #94
Kouji
StrykerX

Well it's obviously 4Kids, that's already a given. And your AV even shows how stupid 4Kids is (with Luffy cracking up)
Old 2004-10-02, 21:10   Link #95
Alphonse

Haha, today's episode was weird. The voices are strange, and I haven't watched the original One Piece in a long time. (I only watched up until the 10th or so ep ^^;) They replaced Helmeppo's gun with some crazy contraption. It looked similar to someone's Photoshopped prediction of how 4Kids was gonna change it to XDD
Old 2004-10-02, 23:26   Link #96
Kouji
StrykerX

Sou dane! Every episode's gonna be weird . That is if FUNi picks the DVDs and decides to include the japanese track along with the english subtitles.
Old 2004-10-04, 16:43   Link #97
ragweed
woah woah!

There was one moment where luffy was advancing on helmeppo where they forgot to edit the gun. I recorded the ep xD I think we should threaten to take the clip public unless they release uncut dvds. muwaha~
Old 2004-10-04, 21:41   Link #98
kissy0560
-kristin-

Send a message via AIM to kissy0560
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed

There was one moment where luffy was advancing on helmeppo where they forgot to edit the gun. I recorded the ep xD I think we should threaten to take the clip public unless they release uncut dvds. muwaha~
OMG..thats so BAKLA!! wow, lame..4kids is LAME!!
Old 2004-10-05, 12:11   Link #99
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/Unclejamie713/hammer.jpg

I dont know about that, but there was one part where hellmeppo and coby were in the background, and the hammer gun turned into a vice gun. I could see a bar reaching over coby's head and coming down into a cone on the other side.

My theory is that there is a lot of alcohol being passed around 4kids' offices

Edit: http://alamer.scifi-meshes.com/vice_gun.jpg
Time: 8:53 ish? maybe 7, I forgot.
Old 2004-10-05, 13:43   Link #100
Kouji
StrykerX

*bans 4Kids from making future anime* What the hell are they thinking anyways? Even Bandai can come up with better edits than that.