AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-04, 22:55   Link #301
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Ah....thanks for the views, guys. Hmmm......y'know what, I think I'll give this a trial run of 3 episodes first. Then I'll decide whether I want to go on from there.

That is, of course, if any fansub groups are willing to take this up.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 23:59   Link #302
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

This show will definitely have quite a few fansubbers jumping on to sub this.
Old 2007-07-05, 01:33   Link #303
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
This show will definitely have quite a few fansubbers jumping on to sub this.
According to AndrewLB's wiki, Eien no Anime and WinD, at least.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 02:20   Link #304
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien's Takayuki was a total moron.
School Days main lead Makoto is a total dickhead.

You see, there's a diffrence.
They are both scum of life, but there is a diffrence.
Old 2007-07-05, 02:30   Link #305
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

hmm....
shouldn't sub's be out soon?
or maybe I'm to hasty

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 02:49   Link #306
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
I was also amazed at how openly some of these people are talking about the several different violent endings since the thread starter cleary stated:

Luckily, I was able to avoid any major details and look forward to checking it out for myself by watching the anime.

I am curious about this one particular scene when:
Spoiler for Episode 1:

I will keep watching this series because I am a sucker for love triangle and I am really curious about it's ending(s).
Makoto shows his true colors in this scene even more in the game.

Spoiler:

Anyways, Makoto is a prick who doesn't deserve a single girl that appears in the game. Not even the three witches. Let's hope the anime goes with an ending where Makoto does something remotely heroic (I can only think of one ending right now where this actually happens) or I'll have to do the exact same thing with the anime as I did while playing the game: repeatedly point at the screen and scream "Why Sekai ? Why Kotonoha ? What in god's name do you see in this guy ?? I just don't understand !!"

Last edited by Chewy; 2007-07-05 at 03:00.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 03:42   Link #307
patnam

Hello, can anyone move this anime from 'unaired' into 'current series' please...?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 04:16   Link #308
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Hello, can anyone move this anime from 'unaired' into 'current series' please...?
The Unaired section is for discussing anime that haven't aired yet or haven't been fansubbed yet.
Once the fansubs come out, it moves to fansubbed section.
If it gets an international license, it gets moved to Licensing.

Current Series section is for anime with high popularity in the boards, and deserves its own section for sheer sake of thread space.

Whether this series needs to move into Current Series or not is up to debate, and not for you or I to decide, but for the overall popularity of the show within AS forums to decide for itself.
Old 2007-07-05, 05:13   Link #309
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
Off Topic: whats an international licence?

On Topic: the subs i found were crap quality(sorry if thats bad language) >.> but the anime itself looked like it was from the game...but i think ill wait till someone picks up the series,give it another go,then decide if im really goign to watch it
vaizard_ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 06:42   Link #310
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
vaizard_ruler
Spoiler:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 07:51   Link #311
Julius Firefocht

I just watched the 1st episode. I am feeling pissed. And it's not because of the animation quality, which by the way, was respectable.

Here is basically what happened, along with some of my venting:
Spoiler:

Ok, venting aside, this was actually a very good episode, setting up the story for a heart-breaking and emotional love-triangle that has the potential to be as good as KGNE. Animation was good, and we were all treated to a nice view of Kotonoha in action, running towards the train. I look forward to the future episodes.

I must admit though, I am looking forward to the rest of the show only out of morbid curiosity. Saw or knife, as they say. Saw or knife....
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 08:18   Link #312
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
I just watched the 1st episode. I am feeling pissed. And it's not because of the animation quality, which by the way, was respectable.

Here is basically what happened, along with some of my venting:
Spoiler:

Ok, venting aside, this was actually a very good episode, setting up the story for a heart-breaking and emotional love-triangle that has the potential to be as good as KGNE. Animation was good, and we were all treated to a nice view of Kotonoha in action, running towards the train. I look forward to the future episodes.

I must admit though, I am looking forward to the rest of the show only out of morbid curiosity. Saw or knife, as they say. Saw or knife....
Venting here i guess is justified, but considering the warning given many quotes before and just recently, i thought most people would be sufficiently prepared to accept the fact that the male lead is an ass.

I can understand hearing he's an ass and experiencing the full depth of his assholeness is a completely different thing, but you have to realise that the writers made him like that on purpose to ellicit strong emotions, even if it's hatred.
Old 2007-07-05, 09:51   Link #313
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 09:51   Link #314
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

watched the raw... and i dont understand a thing lol >,< is there a fansub group working on this one?

btw, the main guy in KGNE isnt a total moron... he was just way toooo kind, imo... so i wouldnt bother if the male lead of this show would act like him... ^^
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 10:06   Link #315
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ that would be a bit pointless : "coma" incident aside, the setup of KGNE and SD are pretty much the same. (heck, Sekai had a lot ofMitsuki vibes, along with Asa and Shion to me )
We will see how far makoto will act. but things won't be pretty if most of his actions from the "game" are the same in the anime ^^"
Old 2007-07-05, 12:34   Link #316
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Oh, it's Yamagata! Wonder if she'll appear in the anime...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 12:51   Link #317
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
watched the raw... and i dont understand a thing lol >,< is there a fansub group working on this one?

btw, the main guy in KGNE isnt a total moron... he was just way toooo kind, imo... so i wouldnt bother if the male lead of this show would act like him... ^^
You are way too forgiving.

Of course, I assume you were saved the torture of having to listen to him whine and ponder for dozens of hours by not playing the original game.
Anime saved you a lot of pain by watching it from third person perspective.
Imagine having to sit through and read his moronic mindset for 40 hours +.

It nearly drove people insane. It sure nearly drove ME insane.
I never realized how painful an experience it can be to read a story from a 1st person perspective, if that person's mind is that hopelessly idiotic.
I can guarantee you his stupidity, you have my word on it.

School Days game is comparatively from third-eye view, closer to watching an anime, so it's a diffrent story, of course.
For the record though, I haven't played School Days game.
My friend's been nagging me to play it, but from hearing all the talk of a "worse" protagonist than Kiminozo, I stay far away from it.

The previous post comparing the two was my apparantly failed attempt at sarcastic humor.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-07-05 at 19:38.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 19:01   Link #318
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

^ umm... yah... i havent played the eroge game version at all......... although, he really is quite an idiot in the anime version, i still liked his character lol =P

Last edited by kaerstan01; 2007-07-05 at 19:30. Reason: nevermind...
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 23:36   Link #319
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You are way too forgiving.

Of course, I assume you were saved the torture of having to listen to him whine and ponder for dozens of hours by not playing the original game.
Anime saved you a lot of pain by watching it from third person perspective.
Imagine having to sit through and read his moronic mindset for 40 hours +.

It nearly drove people insane. It sure nearly drove ME insane.
I never realized how painful an experience it can be to read a story from a 1st person perspective, if that person's mind is that hopelessly idiotic.
I can guarantee you his stupidity, you have my word on it.

School Days game is comparatively from third-eye view, closer to watching an anime, so it's a diffrent story, of course.
For the record though, I haven't played School Days game.
My friend's been nagging me to play it, but from hearing all the talk of a "worse" protagonist than Kiminozo, I stay far away from it.

The previous post comparing the two was my apparantly failed attempt at sarcastic humor.
He moans like a bitch during sex, nobody should have to sit through that. NOBODY.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 01:23   Link #320
monir
cho~ kakkoii

May I be bold enough to state that I'm not feeling the utter hatred for the male lead that I'm supposed to feel as of episode 1? He seems perfectly within character in fact. That said, I've nothing good to say about Hirakawa Daisuke as a VA. His voice is made for to play out the wimpiest, and the sissiest male leads in anime. So, don't kill me yet for not hating Makoto's character just yet because I'm sure I'll come to despise this character just like most other male leads voiced by this particular VA.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere