AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 16:23   Link #8861
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Yeah yeah. Whatever, I'm just gonna drop this manga anyway, somebody recommend anything actually worth reading, since this has been an almost complete flop?
Not being aware of your personal preferences and your background in manga, I fear my help would be limited.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 16:26   Link #8862
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Not being aware of your personal preferences and your background in manga, I fear my help would be limited.
As long as it isn't some crappy Shoujo romance, or Horror genre, I'm usually open to anything, provided the cast are interesting, and funny and the story is well written.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 16:29   Link #8863
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
As long as it isn't some crappy Shoujo romance, or Horror genre, I'm usually open to anything, provided the cast are interesting, and funny and the story is well written.
I'll see if I can set up a list and send you something.
Old 2012-05-09, 16:32   Link #8864
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
I'll see if I can set up a list and send you something.
Thanks, I'd prefer currently publishing, but completed is fine too.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 16:35   Link #8865
Soji

Quote:
One thing I just remembered. Ajimu mentioned before was that because of Devil Style, Zenkichi wouldn't encounter the weakest fighter in a tournament and then progress in strength. So it is possible that Crazy Undead Samurai Dere Girl is amongst the strongest of the suitors. If so, that IS quite a good ally. Then again they could all be around the same strength.
Spoiler for just in case:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 16:38   Link #8866
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Quite, Medaka's reaction is the one I'm most interested in. Her reaction will make the difference between me still liking her or make a U-turn and start to ignore her...again.
Old 2012-05-09, 16:56   Link #8867
Homura7

Quote:
Quite, Medaka's reaction is the one I'm most interested in. Her reaction will make the difference between me still liking her or make a U-turn and start to ignore her...again.
Which is the reaction that will make you still like her and which the one that would make you ignore her :P
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:00   Link #8868
Soji

Randrak42@ And I'm curios about Medaka reaction(wait are we drop the spoiler tag?)
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 17:05   Link #8869
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Which is the reaction that will make you still like her and which the one that would make you ignore her :P

Spoiler for Waffuuuu:
Only use spoilers when there are actual spoilers in my post
Old 2012-05-09, 19:08   Link #8870
Wolfenstein

Man, can't wait for this chapter. Super hyped.

Also, removing Devil Style would be an extremely cheap play from the author. I mean, geez. This character just acquired the ability that perfectly personifies his personality and would be super-intersting to the plot, and you're just gonna remove it?

My guess is his new ability stems from Shiranui's Real Eater taking away Ajimu's Parasite Seeing and morphing it into something to fit his current persona.

Like what happened with Hinokage, where Shiranui took away his abnormality, which was useless against a minus, and gave him one which fit his current persona of being a hero and wanting to fight minuses and stuff.

That would mean Zenkichi's new style would be far more unique then simply a physical boost.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 19:45   Link #8871
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Spoiler for question:

Quote:
Picture this. The last few chapters were all about Kumagawa (2 actually...just 2 so far) and him building his harem. You are quite happy with the situation and thus discuss it with others that are equality content with it.
As you do, a member that hates situation and Kumagawa comes in and goes around doing pot shots, bitching and moaning about the manga not pandering to his needs.

Just how annoying would you find that person?

It has been kinda entertaining to watch your reactions to the latest chapters and all that, you've stated your opinion well enough but it is starting to get somewhat annoying.
I know I'm not innocent of this, but I stopped before it started becoming a sad and pointless display. FFX, you yourself said that since you have nothing good to say then you would say anything about my fanfic right? Awesome philosophy, it really is...but try applying it here as well.

Please and thank you.
I'm pretty sure he'll be pissed off big time when there's a guy badmouthing his favourite character. Like I said in my previous post, he only reacts because of his dislike to Zen(My bad for saying you hate him but the way I see it ). Anyway, he also said that he want others to stop discussing harem but in truth he just want others to stop talking about Zen's harem and just focus on Kumagawa's harem. I bet he wouldn't really react that way if it was Kumagawa they were talking to. I'm pretty sure he'll blend to the discussion pretty well

Quote:
Yeah yeah. Whatever, I'm just gonna drop this manga anyway, somebody recommend anything actually worth reading, since this has been an almost complete flop?
Bye-bye
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 20:35   Link #8872
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Zenkichi is now a Vampire.

...I am no longer going to refer to him as Zenkichi, he is now Edward Cullen.
are you even aware what happened?

Also, is it just me, or are people just talking without spoiler tags

Spoiler for stuff:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 20:49   Link #8873
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Spoiler for stuff:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-09, 20:50   Link #8874
Sol Falling

Quote:
are you even aware what happened?

Also, is it just me, or are people just talking without spoiler tags
People tend to just do that nowadays, it seems. Well, I dunno if there are any non-spoiler happy people left anymore in this thread to complain about it.

I see people still love jumping to conclusions based just on spoilers as always, in any case. Heh. Well, I do have my own questions regarding the stuff that's come out this week
Spoiler for new ch.:

but I'll be looking forward to the translated version as always, boss.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 21:21   Link #8875
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for um...:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 22:14   Link #8876
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Spoiler for um...:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-10, 04:32   Link #8877
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Denying it would be pointless, so I won't bother. yes, I'm incredibly pissed of that yet another chapter is wasted on someone as Boring as Edward Cullen is.

I'm also incredibly pissed that he really is building a harem, it's nothing but complete bullshit, given there's not an interesting bone in his body, and there should be no reason for him to attract woman, other then his status as Main Character.
Is Edward Cullen the only vampire you know? Is that the best you can come up with?

It's fine, you're not the only person on this forum that isn't a fan of Zenkichi, but saying the manga is a flop because of him is rather narrow minded of you. There's really no set formula for interesting characters; it boils down to taste. A multi-layered character isn't inherently superior to someone with more visible motivations, it just depends on how they're utilized. I don't want to be stubborn, but you're pretty blatantly biased against Zenkichi. I don't like Kumagawa, but at least I see he has a role in the story(when he's not hogging the spotlight).
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 04:32   Link #8878
Westlo
Lets be reality

I like how anime original viewers don't give a shit about any character except Shiranui, mainly because she's a troll... wow wonder who they would like if they actually animated the good stuff...

Quote:
You'll be back when Nisio has to switch up the series again to save it from the current rankings dive (I think aside from Color Pages it has been stuck in the bottom 5 the last 3 months except 1 time) it has been in since Zen was more focused on, don't even deny it. If the manga dies this year I know whose fault it is....

Also you're getting way too emotional over Zen building a harem, him building a harem is dumb purely because there is only 1 option for him, which was laughlingly made totally clear in the prior arc (and funny enough a lot of people against the Medaka X Zen pairing changed their tunes after that) not to mention these girls are mostly sidedishes in the first place and hardly take up much screen time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 04:51   Link #8879
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Oh great now Westlo is here...If you don't like the manga or the arc, just don't read it. Stop whining over and over again about that. I like Kumagawa too but it's because of people like you that I'm starting to like him less. And btw, if Nisio can't seel well his manga without him, then he failed as an author.

About the next chapter : Can't wait for the translation ! Zen, I'm so prooud of you
Old 2012-05-10, 06:57   Link #8880
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Oh great now Westlo is here...If you don't like the manga or the arc, just don't read it. Stop whining over and over again about that. I like Kumagawa too but it's because of people like you that I'm starting to like him less. And btw, if Nisio can't seel well his manga without him, then he failed as an author.
Nishio sure is having a bit of a hard time selling some of the original concepts of this manga. Medaka's somewhat lacking popularity; the lack of interest in Zen x Medaka; bottom of the barrel ToC rankings all throughout the main plotline/Zenkichi parts of the last arc, etc. If you want to say that Nishio's a failure if he can't make Medaka Box popular by focusing on Zenkichi (presuming that Nishio does in fact want to focus the story on Zenkichi), then well, it might actually be true that he is failing to do so.

On the other hand I am pretty much not worried about cancellation or dropping tankoubon sales, etc. 'cause if there was still one thing Nishio did right the last arc, that was Ajimu. If you look at the records for rankings and character popularity, etc. actually you'll find out that Medaka Box/Kumagawa didn't actually become popular until after the end of the Minus Arc. That is, even during the period while Kumagawa was the villain the whole time Medaka Box was still sitting in the bottom 5 pretty regularly. Both Medaka Box's rankings and Kumagawa's personal popularity (as estimated in the character polls) only started to rise in the period after Kumagawa's personal motivations were revealed and he joined the main cast as a protagonist.

And in fact, it's a pretty similar situation to what we have now: even though Medaka Box had crappy rankings during the period when Ajimu was most active as a villain, Nishio can now do some amazing stuff with her "reformed"/allied personality. The 600 spam skill chapter is just the first example; if Nishio can allow Ajimu to integrate and do things as part of the plot like Kumagawa throughout the Treasure Hunt chapters, he should be able to easily use her to raise Medaka Box's appeal and popularity. As a matter of fact, in terms of rankings, I expect chapters like 140 and 143 to do very well.

So, is Nishio a failure for creating popular characters (even if they aren't his main characters)? Well, I don't think so. Between Ajimu and Kumagawa, Nishio has surely put a lot of genuine thought into the characterization of his villains too. And in fact, actually to be honest with you, the more I think about them the more I start to see glaring weaknesses in both Medaka and Zenkichi's personalities which make me doubt if Nishio even intends/wants for Medaka or Zenkichi to be currently popular. If you ask me, even after all their development, both Medaka and Zenkichi still have somewhat a while to go before they can become fully likeable (i.e. "perfectly likeable" ) characters. In such a case, it is probably okay even if Medaka Box gets bad ratings so long as the manga sells and continues long enough for Nishio to complete what he has planned for the story.

Quote:
About the next chapter : Can't wait for the translation ! Zen, I'm so prooud of you
Well now, I'm looking forward to the release of the chapter too, but we will have to see if there's anything in particular to be "proud" of regarding Zenkichi.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council