AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-22, 13:34   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
So p3psi is a reincarnation of Kimura???
No, Kimura has a wife and a child... He just likes high school girls.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:37   Link #22
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
ONly reason im going to school is to find a wife.
i thought i saw you at my sister's preschool.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:02   Link #23
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I just pictured p3psi walking around asking girls if they will bear his children.

"I will make you my wife yes? Then I will fertilize you and you shall host my offspring."
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:06   Link #24
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
i thought i saw you at my sister's preschool.
I thought you'd be one of the people who knew this by now, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
No insulting and/or harassment
Insulting and/or harassing other forum members on the forum or through the PM feature is not tolerated. Any inappropriate language will be removed and if threads turn into flame wars they will be closed.
His post might have been lacking in some sense but your comment was uncalled for.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:18   Link #25
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

His post might have been lacking in some sense but your comment was uncalled for.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:36   Link #26
Nightkiller

Haha it's buddy Jesus! Everyone loves buddy Jesus!

...is school a good place to meet girls?
@_@ I think I'm missing something here.
*takes notes*
Nightkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:51   Link #27
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
School for me was great. After all those are your best years. You will always remember your school friends...anyway here is that way, I'm not sure but in USA seems that schools are hell, unfortunatly my only reference are the stupid teenage movies with 30 year old actors, but I think something is wrong if you need a metal detector in your school. Are schools really that bad over there???
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 14:59   Link #28
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

Lol don't get it so badly Mr_Paper they're all joking
Old 2004-04-22, 15:06   Link #29
Nightkiller

Schools are usually pretty chill in the US. People form their clicks and have their fun just like anywhere else. Personally...I don't know any schools that have metal detectors. It would be kind of difficult to enforce that in an open campus like the one I went to in high school. Umm...there are drug dogs that come around once in a while to sniff for stuff.

There were a few bomb alarms that occured at our school as well but most of it was due to the lack of reasoning skills of our school staff (a cd case had "this is a bomb" written on it and we were force to evacuate the school for a few hours). One of my friends did "accidentally" throw away a working albeit simple bomb...but I don't think he knew it was a bomb. One of his friends in juvie gave it to him.

But I'm sure this kinda stuff happens everywhere...I mean school is school.
Nightkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:19   Link #30
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightkiller
Schools are usually pretty chill in the US. People form their clicks and have their fun just like anywhere else. Personally...I don't know any schools that have metal detectors. It would be kind of difficult to enforce that in an open campus like the one I went to in high school. Umm...there are drug dogs that come around once in a while to sniff for stuff.

There were a few bomb alarms that occured at our school as well but most of it was due to the lack of reasoning skills of our school staff (a cd case had "this is a bomb" written on it and we were force to evacuate the school for a few hours). One of my friends did "accidentally" throw away a working albeit simple bomb...but I don't think he knew it was a bomb. One of his friends in juvie gave it to him.

But I'm sure this kinda stuff happens everywhere...I mean school is school.
Hey...sounds like you went to my high school. We had on avg 4 bomb threats a year. And yes, school is like the biggest singles bar you can go to, can also be the most expensive one if you go to college It's ok to visit Pre-schools for a wife, just as long as she's one of the adults there. This even applies to if she some how is taking classes but is of legal age
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:47   Link #31
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn
how many off you think school is ok or crap they make you do lesons you dont like and some you like prsonaly ifucking hate school
LOL, ya thats obvious. For a sec there I thought you're a a+ student.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 15:51   Link #32
mantidor
the Iniquitous

In my school no one was over 18 years old, or any school I can think of, there maybe is someone over 18 but almost everyone is underaged.

I get the metal detector idea from "never been kissed" and "pay it forward" movies. The harrasment kids suffer in those movies is horrible, so I ask you, is really like that?
Old 2004-04-22, 16:09   Link #33
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
In my school no one was over 18 years old, or any school I can think of, there maybe is someone over 18 but almost everyone is underaged.

I get the metal detector idea from "never been kissed" and "pay it forward" movies. The harrasment kids suffer in those movies is horrible, so I ask you, is really like that?
Not my school - and I went to a public high school.

Then again,my school had no concept of 'jocks', 'nerds', the bitchy cheerleaders, etc. etc.

My college is NOT a singles bar - pretty much all the girls I meet have boyfriends - even the ones I have no real interest in. SF State is the home of 'girls with boyfriends who go to other schools'.

College rocks - you can take classes you have interest in/more interest in than the alternatives.
I took Anthropology instead of Bio, and Astronomy instead of Chemistry.

In high school (as far as in-class stuff goes) you're taught to just do what the teacher says.

"I think this poem is a metaphor for the death of his cat - what do you think, class?"
Class: Yeah, uh huh. Okay.

In college, the teacher actually WANTS to hear other opinions.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 16:11   Link #34
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor

On the whole, no. Most of the "hell schools" you see or hear about in movies are make belive. There are schools that are tough, and somewhat dangerous, but most of them are located in areas that are rough to begin with.

Find me any major city anywhere in the world, and you will find an area there that is the "bad" section of town. Everyplace has em.

Having been lucky enough to travel a lot, the thing I noticed is how much is the same everywhere you go. The language may be different, they culture may be different, but human behavior is pretty consistant no matter where you are.

Most high school/secondary school students have the same issues, and the same problems no matter where you go.

I hated school by the time I got to middle school, HATED high school, and had an absolute blast in college.

I will say one thing though. Get the most out of your education that you can. It may be stupid, it may be annoying, but it gives you a choice to do something better later on.

Work sucks for most folks, and unlike school, you can look forward to doing something you couldnt give a damn about for the next 30 years. With a decent education, you have options to do things that you might not get otherwise. Find something you like, and work twoard it. School may be a pain in the ass, but its only a few years, and then its up to you.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 16:32   Link #35
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Oh, I see, those stupid movies and their stereotypes...

Here we have elementary school, secondary school, then university (if you can afford it) and then is a " congratulations, good luck with your unemployment ) sadly thats true for most people, im looking for a postgraduate study right now.
Old 2004-04-22, 16:39   Link #36
Briareos

Schools with metal detectors are usually in response to community concerns about the safety of the students. Maybe the neighborhood is bad, or there is a fear that illegal activity and weapons will make their way into the schools. My niece goes to a grade school (kindergarten through 6th grade) near Detroit that requires all backpacks to be mostly transparent. Locker searches are fairly regular. Schools that have had shootings (i.e. Columbine) also have metal detectors installed.

I haven't seen either of the films you've noted, but there indeed are schools out there in the US with closed campuses and metal detectors at the doors. I can't say if the films are an accurate portrayal of some school situations, but I'd guess that it totally depends on the school you're talking about. They're not all like what those films may suggest.

The original post of this topic is way too vague to respond to anyhow. It's posted by someone who is either from a country where English is not the primary language, or something is really going wrong with his/her education (depending on his/her age.) To agree or disagree with this run-on sentence, I need more information. For example, where are you from? How old are you? What specific things are wrong with school? Can you think of some things or people at school that you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
and the most important of all... you get to have sex / party / booze.
You can do that by getting an apartment and moving out on your own. Not everyone who attends college parties and boozes up, nor has a lot of sex (although I'm sure I'm in the minority on these). I went to school to study and get a career. Social stuff was secondary. Heck, it was my wife that finally got me drinking last year (I'm 33). I'm not saying I didn't have any fun in college (well, actually I wasn't that popular), but I never saw college as a way to party (even though my first degree is from Western Michigan U -- which has a party reputation).
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 16:48   Link #37
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I just pictured p3psi walking around asking girls if they will bear his children.

"I will make you my wife yes? Then I will fertilize you and you shall host my offspring."

Humm, that's better than what I usually say If I want to scare girls...

Click here for the most wrong line you've ever heard...
Spoiler:

Oh, and who the HELL studies 4 hours a day for high school I personally skipped 1 month straight of my senior semester because I woke up one morning and decided "Hummm.. I don't feel like going... I think I'll stay home". I still graduated on time with a decent GPA though... had to pull some strings for missing around half of all my classes .

My philosophy is "Least amount of Work, Maximum Results" which is also the Motto of Sladism. . Around a 3.9 GPA with that philosophy ain't too bad imo.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 18:04   Link #38
RichMan
????

Yes, school is bothersome(I really hate waking up early), but it's worth it. I've been getting decent grades lately(B-C average). I could do better, but then school would be stealing away this great time of my life.

Like, here's an example of someone who has totally wasted this great time of there life. I was watching the news, and near the end they have what is called "The Student Scholar of the week." It had this girl who said ever since she was young she has always wanted to be a cheerleader. This year, she finally achieved her dream, but soon she decided to quit. The coach asked her she would do that. She said that now she has to work on becoming a doctor. She then said that she didn't think she would be able to become one with her 3.6GPA(which is roughly A to B+ average). So now she's going to waste her whole youth studying and reading books. I feel sorry for her. I guess it's a matter of opinion.

What would you guys choose if you had to pick one of these two choices?

A.) Waste your WHOLE youth being focused on getting straight A's so you can get into college and waste an extra 8-10 years of your LIFE getting your master's degree, but once you get out you start making lots of money and your able to buy fancy cars and houses.

B.) You go to school, but you treasure your youth(having fun, hanging out with friends, etc) more than your education. Your grades are average or a bit below average, but at least your making the most out of the time that you are young.

I choose "B"
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 18:39   Link #39
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
ONly reason im going to school is to find a wife.
If that's the only reason to go to school, should I quit now?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 19:11   Link #40
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Note that in non English speaking states (like France) you can learn English which isn't useless and pretty interesting
You have an advantage in your school, then, your language class isn't a waste of time!

I wish I could learn Japanese or Arabic.