AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-09-16, 14:30   Link #841
boku

Play it by ear ^_^
But honestly, it would be great. And something like a small "switch language on the fly" button, perhaps...
boku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 18:30   Link #842
soka

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
I was wondering, I'm learning Japanese, but I feel like it could be years before I know enough Kanji to play Clannad. Is there any type of kana (hirigana/katakana) or furigana patch for the game?
You can try using AGTH and Furigana inserter
AGTH basically captures the text from the game and copies it to the clipboard, then furigana inserter monitors the clipboard and adds the sentences to a firefox page inserting furigana above the kanjis.
You can get more details in this hongfire thread.
soka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 11:11   Link #843
Mooncow

Is this still being checked?

I tried various seen files, - the first seen and reallive files i used were fine, but the game was a bit glitched graphically, and the text was translated - but a bit weird (all colons were replaced with v, and few c's appeared randomly, some text was spaced out)

I've been trying the links found here, but i always get a "unable to format text" error.

Is there a quick tutorial in patching the game? what extra files are meant to be in the game folder? (im running windows 7, with clannad full voice)

i got the new seen.txt, do i need to replace the game ini? add the maps file? add the dll's? install the c++ redistributable?

I've tried a bunch but i keep getting the subtitle error. help would be great thanks!
Awesome work on the translation also! thanks!

EDIT:::::::

i got it to work!

I used SEEN_FV_snapshot_20081220.rar and copied all the files in there, and it works fine

SEENr78_FV.txt is the latest update right? so i'm using that seen file, with the snapshot files

thanks! If this is wrong (ie there a better updated version) please let me know!

Last edited by Mooncow; 2009-10-26 at 11:29. Reason: UPDATE
Mooncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 07:37   Link #844
xKeen

I have the game already,no voice and no translation.I don't really know where to start =S
Anyone help?
How do I get After Story? I want to make it working perfectly.

Hmmm,I got the translations working.Now what?

Credits to Pellissier~

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-11-09 at 01:26.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 02:25   Link #845
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
I have the game already,no voice and no translation.I don't really know where to start =S
Anyone help?
How do I get After Story? I want to make it working perfectly.

Hmmm,I got the translations working.Now what?
You got the translations working, so you're done. Unless you want the Voice Patch as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Regarding the 10th Memorial Box Set, do you guys think the current versions would work with it?
I found a way. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...16#post2819216
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 19:18   Link #846
Chaos Chaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I changed my SEEN file, but all I get is a black screen with the sakura cursor when I play.
I had to format my HD these days, I was reinstalling Clannad now when I came across this same problem. Does anyone know how I solve it?
Old 2010-02-07, 09:10   Link #848
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So help me out here a bit.

I did a clean install of the game which was without voice, Got the voice patch, extracted all the files in the right places just like the readme said and then modified the gameexe.ini file.

Then i ran the game by using locale japanese, The game loads and the menu is in english.

Now when i click on new game i get the empty dialogue box and the game just hangs, What am i doing wrong?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:57   Link #849
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

You can't use the locale changer.

You have to change your non-unicode language to Japanese (found in Control Panel > Languages and Regional Settings)

Using AppLocale won't work.

Also, I had this problem before, I think it was because of the locale thing.

Also, did you make sure you put the .g00 files and modified the gameexe.ini correctly? Sometimes it helps to double check lol.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:59   Link #850
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Ah thanks so much that worked, And goodbye social life!
Old 2010-02-09, 00:20   Link #851
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Lol.

It'll be strengethed afterwards hopefully.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 17:48   Link #852
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Well that was fun, But the game ended pretty quickly doncha guys think..
Old 2010-02-16, 18:00   Link #853
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Well that was fun, But the game ended pretty quickly doncha guys think..
Quickly? Are you really saying that about Clannad? Really?
Old 2010-02-17, 08:53   Link #854
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I was being sarcastic, Most of the time i was cursing at the game to just end already. It kept dragging itself on and on and this was a painful problem in after story and some routes where the plot was really stretched out.

As someone who has never seen the anime before i still have a lot of complaints about the plot, Particularly the way
Spoiler for after story:
But that doesn't stop it from being one of the best visual novels I've played.

Jun Maeda has really figured out the right way to overwhelm the player with emotions at the right time, And the motif right in the end about the
Spoiler for after story:
Its excellent writing, Pure and simple.
Old 2010-02-19, 21:44   Link #855
lolipedofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilr00t
The patcher I posted yesterday is for full voice only. I'm sorry that I forgot to mention that in my previous post. However, I had someone with Voice Patch do some testing for me, and...

New: r46 build for Voice Patch!

Full Voice: r45
Patcher (2.03MB)
Mirror (2.0MB)
Whoa... I'm lost here.... So, is the translation patch uploaded here, made with the consent of the people at baka-tsuki?? Is this fully a fully working 99.9% bug free patch?? What does the r45 stand for??

Could this is be a different endeavor altogether with the baka-tsuki's project, does anyone have any idea on what's happening there?? Asking for status, milestone, or even just some "how are you guys doing?" after almost 9 months without any updates can't really be called pestering, right?? >.<
lolipedofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 01:49   Link #856
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolipedofin View Post
Whoa... I'm lost here.... So, is the translation patch uploaded here, made with the consent of the people at baka-tsuki?? Is this fully a fully working 99.9% bug free patch?? What does the r45 stand for??

Could this is be a different endeavor altogether with the baka-tsuki's project, does anyone have any idea on what's happening there?? Asking for status, milestone, or even just some "how are you guys doing?" after almost 9 months without any updates can't really be called pestering, right?? >.<
-No, the patch is not uploaded here. The translation files are at Baka-Tsuki's SVN.

-At this point, this is not yet a patch, just a bundle of files to modify the game. And it sure ain't bug free.

-r45, and all other r##, are names given to different releases of the SEEN, the main file of Clannad that contains all of the lines ingame, flags, keys, etc. needed in order for Clannad to work. Baka-Tsuki has gone about translating Clannad by taking the original Japanese SEEN, extracting text, translating it, and inserting it back into a new SEEN. This new SEEN replaces the Japanese lines with corresponding English lines. r45 is just the release number of the SEEN, and if you plan on going to the SVN to get the translation files, be sure to always get the latest SEEN release, which will be marked with r##, the ##s replaced with the highest number available. The newest release as of today is r78.

-Whaddaya mean, "a different endeavor"? Please explain.

-Don't ask about when this'll be done, because it is done. Yeah, it isn't completely bug free, so if you wanna watch the programmers talk about the new bugs they found and how to fix them on the SVN, go ahead. But they can't put a time estimate on how long to fix an unknown total amount of bugs, so please don't ask them to do the impossible.
If you see a typo in the translation while playing, feel free to head on over to the Wiki or SVN (I can't remember which) and fix it, and make the next SEEN release even better.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2010-02-21 at 02:10.
Old 2010-02-21, 05:13   Link #857
lolipedofin

By different endeavor, I'm referring whether the files uploaded here is made from a wholly different translation project to the one done at baka tsuki.... But nvm that, I understand now....

So, let me get this clear.... The project is done, there will be no "convenient patch" (that will do all the work) released anywhere... we just gotta take the latest SEEN file, replace the original SEEN file at the game folder, and that's it?? we're good to go?? Or do
I have to do something else??

I'm curious though, if the project is done and playable already, why has there been no announcement made at the wafflehouse or the baka-tsuki itself... i literally been waiting for the translation since.... well, forever.
lolipedofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 09:47   Link #858
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
By different endeavor, I'm referring whether the files uploaded here is made from a wholly different translation project to the one done at baka tsuki.... But nvm that, I understand now....

So, let me get this clear.... The project is done, there will be no "convenient patch" (that will do all the work) released anywhere... we just gotta take the latest SEEN file, replace the original SEEN file at the game folder, and that's it?? we're good to go?? Or do

I'm curious though, if the project is done and playable already, why has there been no announcement made at the wafflehouse or the baka-tsuki itself... i literally been waiting for the translation since.... well, forever.
If I'm not mistaken you also need to add a DLL or something to the game folder for it to work. Instructions and files are here: http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clannad
Old 2010-02-21, 12:20   Link #859
Kudryavka

Quote:

There are still plans to release an easy-to-use patch, as there have been ever since Baka-Tsuki revived the project back in 2007. There isn't one now because it isn't 100% done. Translations are done, programming works basically, but like I said, there are still bugs and technical problems throughout that the team is still trying to fix. This is what's kept the patch at 99.9%.

And the SVN and everything, I'm pretty sure that isn't quite meant for the general public to use, but is for people from the team over at Wiki to transfer. The SVN is open like that to keep with the "everyone can contribute to the patch" motto that the entire project has. So, it hasn't been announced to the public to come and get the mostly done translation files because they aren't meant for the entire public yet.

Sorry about your waiting forever for the translation. You've just been looking in the wrong places for updates. Understandable, though.
Old 2010-02-21, 20:18   Link #860
legohorse

Anyone knows if the translated version works with Clannad VN for the PSP?
legohorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation