AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-03, 11:27   Link #1
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Episode 28 - Just One Case

The Munich storyline continues with Richard's investigation into his past and present, with annoying dead serial killers to boot. Thoughts?
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-03, 18:31   Link #2
Spastic_Hobo

all i can say is wow. This episode was frekin awesome.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-03, 21:18   Link #3
hooliganj
Team Player

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-03, 22:28   Link #4
FireBorn

Wow. Very good episode. Everything connects in the end and we're left in suspense.. very nice..
Old 2004-11-03, 22:48   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
wow..I enjoyed this episode .. this is the best series ever
Old 2004-11-04, 01:52   Link #6
audiophile
uber-noob

i absolutely love this series.
such a good epi.
Old 2004-11-04, 06:07   Link #7
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

That was one powerful episode. Surprised me even more than many thriller movies. Can't wait for the next episode, which doesn't seem like good things will happen, especially with the title "Execution"

The kid's face was pretty scary.
Old 2004-11-04, 20:20   Link #8
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, as others have said, kickass ep. Probably my favorite so far. I really like how everything is coming together; at first I was confused as to why we were seeing all of this Schuwald stuff, but now the importance is evident.
Old 2004-11-05, 00:47   Link #9
Ed Elric

Awesome ep! More is revelaed about Johan and what he is doing ^^

I like Johan he's so cool @@
Old 2004-11-05, 01:42   Link #10
avmoghe

Before I comment on this episode.... there's something strange that stuck out to me about this episode.

Anime Kraze ep 28 (14:40) - Schuwald experienced bankruptcy twice in the past.

Soldats ep 26 (15:46) - The three times that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy.....
(In the next sentence, Johan again states that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy 3 times)

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember the Anime-Kraze ep 26 using the number 3 as well.

Is this a subbing mistake? Or a mistake in the show? If so, can someone explain why this discrepancy is present. I considered the possibility that Johan was lying karl and Lotte, but that just seems inane. Why change the number of bankruptcies from 2 to 3.. that just seems too wierd.

How many times has Schwald gone bankrupt? And why are the two numbers different?

Needless to say, if its going to spoil anything, do NOT reply, or use spoiler tags specifying that its a spoiler for a future episode.
Old 2004-11-05, 01:53   Link #11
hooliganj
Team Player

I'd have to go to the manga to double-check, something I've specifically been avoiding so that I don't accidently drop any more spoilers around here. If I remember correctly, Schuwald is currently recovering from one of his bankrupcies, so that his total number is 3, but during the interview in this episode, the secretary refers to the two previous times, and does not include the most recent, since it isn't completely "in the past." So Johan didn't lie, there is no discrepency, and no error in the translation, you just have to consider the secretary's statement from a slightly different point of view.

Before anybody argues that this guy seems pretty rich for a man who can't pay his debts, it's his businesses that go bankrupt, not him.
Old 2004-11-05, 02:04   Link #12
avmoghe

Actually episode 26 specifically said that Schuwald came back from his bankruptcy rejuvenated. Schuwald has already rejuvenated from each of his three bankruptcies.

I dont recall where it was stated that Schuwald was currently in a bankruptcy. Can you give me the episode number?

Edit - If you watch the scene where they take him to the sign where he's supposed to disappear to, he still remembers the old site with the lake. That must have been years ago that he came to the place. Now the lake is completely gone and ther is a huge building structure there.
Old 2004-11-05, 04:19   Link #13
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
Before I comment on this episode.... there's something strange that stuck out to me about this episode.

Anime Kraze ep 28 (14:40) - Schuwald experienced bankruptcy twice in the past.

Soldats ep 26 (15:46) - The three times that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy.....
(In the next sentence, Johan again states that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy 3 times)

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember the Anime-Kraze ep 26 using the number 3 as well.

Is this a subbing mistake? Or a mistake in the show? If so, can someone explain why this discrepancy is present. I considered the possibility that Johan was lying karl and Lotte, but that just seems inane. Why change the number of bankruptcies from 2 to 3.. that just seems too wierd.

How many times has Schwald gone bankrupt? And why are the two numbers different?

Needless to say, if its going to spoil anything, do NOT reply, or use spoiler tags specifying that its a spoiler for a future episode.

Apologies for my delayed response, but that's the GMT+9 timezone for you .

Spoiler:

Dictionary reference

I hope this answers any concerns people may have.
Old 2004-11-05, 16:46   Link #14
avmoghe

Hm. Thank you. That eliminates the possibility of a subbing mistake.

So, it has to be a mistake in the show/manga itself.
Old 2004-11-05, 20:16   Link #15
Emil Scherbe

It's nither translation nor adaptation mistake.
In original manga, Johan and Lotte talked
that Schuwald's bankruptcy is three times, Gauk's secretary said twice.

I think it's not so strange.

Johan might knows about it more than Gauk's secretary.
Johan might research about Schuwald very well and heard directly from him.
Gauk's secretary's knowledge about Schuwald might be limited concering to Gauk's relationships.
Old 2004-11-06, 12:58   Link #16
avmoghe

I think its very strange.

Usually when two different characters state contradictory facts, its usually explained why they did so (in a mystery show such as this, it is of even more importance). Usually such statements function as clues to the investigator that someone is lying. In short, the contradictory statements serve some purpose.

If your theory about Johan knowing more than the secretary is explained in the show/manga, all is well. I'll just wait for that explanation.

Either way, going to watch the episode again. Last time, I was just too caught up on that statement and didn't pay careful attention to the rest of the show.
Old 2004-11-06, 19:11   Link #17
Emil Scherbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe
If your theory about Johan knowing more than the secretary is explained in the show/manga, all is well. I'll just wait for that explanation.
Johan is knowing Schuwald enough to make Schuwald to believe that Farren is his son.

Anime-Kraze ep26
2:19-2:25
Richard "How did he know about Schuwald's son and that son's background.
so well that Schuwald completely believed in him"

21:51-22:00
false Margot Langer "That guy you call Farren could barely speak.
The one who said he was Farren's friend begin mentioning things
greater detail."
Old 2004-11-06, 19:49   Link #18
stpehen
kisses for all

The number of times Schuwald went bankrupt is of absolutely no significance to the story.
Old 2004-11-07, 02:19   Link #19
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
The number of times Schuwald went bankrupt is of absolutely no significance to the story.
Most of the things that avmoghe picks out to debate are largely irrelevant, but it's not like there's a whole lot else going on in this forum, and Monster is the kind of story that's fun to pick apart, especially since it holds up so well.
Old 2004-11-07, 03:38   Link #20
avmoghe

You realize its IMPOSSIBLE for someone who doesn't read to manga to decipher what is and what isn't significant to the story, right?

Generally speaking in mystery novels, or mystery shows, there is a reason for every contradictory statement that is made. There is usually an explanation of why the statement was made, along with how it serves as a clue to someone investigating the case.

I certainly expected there to be a very good reason for the statement here. Its not like I'm TRYING to find irrelevant things to argue about.
Closed Thread