AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-30, 12:28   Link #1961
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was pretty pumped after watching the OP (did they tweak the design a bit? Their legs don't seem as ridiculously long as before) but then that horrid 3D transformation sequence happened. All is lost.
This for me too. The OP had me hopeful. It looks really, really good (despite the foreheads. I can live with that). Dare I say I loved it?
Then that awful, ugly transformation happened. And her face is indeed stuck as an 0: face most of the time. Sigh.

Also, I'm starting to think keeping Kotono as Usagis VA is a mistake. Her voice fit the younger looking Usagi of the old anime. For 25 year old looking alien Usagi it's weird. A slightly more mature voice would make more sense, maybe...
Old 2014-06-30, 12:34   Link #1962
Horse

Really? You guys were digging the 3dCG dancing in the OP? I cringed. Then the other actually animated bits were a snorefest to me, while the action montage felt uninspired.

v( '')v I don't know. I'll still watch the first 2 episodes but I honestly have no hope for this show.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:39   Link #1963
Frumix

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
This is Queen Serenity's dress... And her eyes are different shade of blue than Usagi's. I can't believe they used that 3D... But that blond queen is also unforgivable...
Hm, that is a good point. Why does Usagi not wear her own dress in the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Really? You guys were digging the 3dCG dancing in the OP? I cringed. Then the other actually animated bits were a snorefest to me, while the action montage felt uninspired.

v( '')v I don't know. I'll still watch the first 2 episodes but I honestly have no hope for this show.
That's nice dearie.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:44   Link #1964
RDNexus

Wow, such mixed reactions... I actually got quite pumped by what I've seen
Old 2014-06-30, 12:50   Link #1965
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post

I'll have to re watch it, but on first viewing, I liked it. It may be because I expected absolutely nothing or less but got something quite nice. Noticed a few odd things here and there (foreheads), but overall, it was a lot better than I expected. It helps that I like the song.
But after the OP, it went downhill fast and hit rock bottom with the CG.

Also, I have to take back what I said about Mamoru looking better in this adaption. I only like him in the first few manga volumes after all. Sorry, Mamoru.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:50   Link #1966
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Wow, such mixed reactions... I actually got quite pumped by what I've seen
Which is why I'd be interested in hearing what the Japanese audience thinks. Over here in the U.S. (well.....at least on forums) reactions seem to be mixed. Some love the new style, others hate it. But I tink you all know my stance on the new Anime by now.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:57   Link #1967
Xeiros

The animation looks rather low budget. The CGI used here makes Usagi look like a lifeless doll. It's just creepy.

While Luna's talking all you can see is Usagi blinking her giant eyes and then switches to luna's three frame talking animation. Usagi's face isn't as expressive in the old sailor moon anime. Surprised, amazed, in shock, they all look the same! only her mouth changes with each expression. CG animation? I wouldn't mind if it was the same level as Precure's CG but this just looks a cutscene from a cheap JRPG. All the waiting and delays for this? What a disappointment.
Old 2014-06-30, 12:59   Link #1968
Jun pls

I'm really bothered by this CG usage. I dislike it in general so it's not only here on Sailor Moon.
I will still check out some episodes and then decide how much I like it.

I admit it's hard to be un-biased since I know the old SM for almost 19 years and still love it, but I'll try my best to be fair when judging the new series
Old 2014-06-30, 13:09   Link #1969
HalfgildMora

I actually liked everything except CG. Transformation scene itself is quite good but CG... makes it look lifeless and cheap, not gorgeous
Old 2014-06-30, 13:21   Link #1970
Miraluka
Banned

Totally a Precure treatment regarding the transformation sequence, so that was expected from Toei.
Old 2014-06-30, 13:23   Link #1971
Xeiros

Get ready for Sailor Moon Crystal: CG Edition because it's highly likely they'll be using it for all the other senshi's transformation sequences as well. They may even use it for their special ability sequences too. Ugh.
Old 2014-06-30, 14:42   Link #1972
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Personally I feel that, given the hype and nostalgia, most people have their expectations set way too high, and when you see the finished product and it's not up to par with those standards you feel really let down about it.

The art looks great, the bit of animation we got from the preview trailer bright and fluid. But I'd like to see more of that action before I can determine whether it retains those aspects or it's as lifeless - or, rather, as plastic - as some say it is. Most of what we've seen so far comes from image stills, and I don't think that's enough to factor in judging the quality of the animation.
Old 2014-06-30, 14:44   Link #1973
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Get ready for Sailor Moon Crystal: CG Edition because it's highly likely they'll be using it for all the other senshi's transformation sequences as well. They may even use it for their special ability sequences too. Ugh.
If its anything like the manga, they won't be using the sequence itself that much anyway
also I am actually thinking they won't be doing the stock footage thing with attacks, as in we will get proper action sequences.
Old 2014-06-30, 14:53   Link #1974
Xeiros

More like this please: http://webmup.com/DZsL7
Old 2014-06-30, 15:18   Link #1975
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
More like this please: http://webmup.com/DZsL7
i never liked this cure transformation for me her was the worst transform in the precure season
Old 2014-06-30, 15:51   Link #1976
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mind you that the style and effects for magical girl shows is now coming full circle form Sailor Moon back to Sailor Moon via all that came inbetween. So if the current Sailor Moon transformations look like those from precure, that is probably because along the line backwards, the transformations looked like those from Sailor Moon.
Old 2014-06-30, 16:13   Link #1977
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

The real problem here is that this transformation sequence from 2014 totally gets it's behind handed to it not just by current Precure transformation sequences, but also by some 20 odd years old transformation sequences from the original anime.
Both the fourth and fifth season sequences in high quality beat this one out of the water without even trying.
Old 2014-06-30, 16:16   Link #1978
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
The real problem here is that this transformation sequence from 2014 totally gets it's behind handed to it not just by current Precure transformation sequences, but also by some 20 odd years old transformation sequences from the original anime.
Both the fourth and fifth season sequences in high quality beat this one out of the water without even trying.
if you mean the fifth season of sailor moon then i disagree their transformation sequences was not so good
Old 2014-06-30, 16:32   Link #1979
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
If it wasn't 3D...
Old 2014-06-30, 16:47   Link #1980
Frumix

Here's a thing that really grinds my gears though.
It's supposed to be a worldwide screening right?

Nicovideo broadcast is Japan-locked. Okay.
Hulu is only available in the US.
NeonAlley (VizMedia's service) is only available in the US.
Crunchyroll's page despite them still not having the show in the schedule also says it's restricted by the license to the US.

...so much for that web premiere eh?
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo