Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 18:48   Link #1942
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
i hope with mostly agree that yuri ending is better to Ange than T
right?
My bias senses are tingling...They tell me that the Yuri Harem must happen, with Ange as Alpha Norma! Hilda and Sala can fight for the position of Beta!

On a serious note, I try to imagine an ending with Ange/Tusk but...I don't know. Maybe it's still too early to come to that conclusion. Momoka seemed pretty happy with their interaction after they fled Misurugi, but how does Ange feel about him? Other than him being a nuisance whenever he goes full-on dojikko and gets a face full of crotch and an ally, I can't really see there being a romance. At best, I can see them as being friends down the road. (Kinda like how I see Natsu/Lucy as friends than a ship, but that's a whole different topic I'd rather not get into.)

Seeing as the next episode's bluntly called "Ange and Tusk", we'll see more developments with their interactions.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 18:55   Link #1943
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
I can't remember where - it was either /a/ or /m/ - but people were speculating the numbers next to their names had something to do with the year they were brought to Arzenal. The numbers in Ange's profile, 203, may be an indication of the year the show's taking place, but if we take account of the passage of time (being a few months, give or take) it could be the year when she was going to undergo the Purification Ritual.

The newly revealed norma numbers from the last episode seem to confirm that 203 is the current year in Ange-verse.

Last edited by Golos; 2015-01-04 at 19:20.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 18:59   Link #1944
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

^

That's the one. Thanks for that, Golos.

200 years is quite young for a world. I wonder if we should expect another reset or stopping Embryo to the point where there won't be anymore resets in the end. Again, it's probably still too soon to make these conjectures; anything can happen.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 19:05   Link #1945
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
i hope with mostly agree that yuri ending is better to Ange than T
right?
I only see Tusk as a horny younger brother of Ange, even when I try to think in a tuskxande ending, i doesnt work, and with the holy yuri scene in the op, that pairing is dying faster
Old 2015-01-04, 19:26   Link #1946
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
My bias senses are tingling...They tell me that the Yuri Harem must happen, with Ange as Alpha Norma! Hilda and Sala can fight for the position of Beta!

On a serious note, I try to imagine an ending with Ange/Tusk but...I don't know. Maybe it's still too early to come to that conclusion. Momoka seemed pretty happy with their interaction after they fled Misurugi, but how does Ange feel about him? Other than him being a nuisance whenever he goes full-on dojikko and gets a face full of crotch and an ally, I can't really see there being a romance. At best, I can see them as being friends down the road. (Kinda like how I see Natsu/Lucy as friends than a ship, but that's a whole different topic I'd rather not get into.)

Seeing as the next episode's bluntly called "Ange and Tusk", we'll see more developments with their interactions.
Did you saw how she awakened the blue mode for Vilkiss when she saw Embryo was about to kill Tusk? The only other mode was red when she wanted to kill Julio. To Ange, for now, Tusk is someone who makes her snap out of her usual mood ever since she got to Arzenal. Other than that Ange has other priorities like saving/protecting the norma.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 19:27   Link #1947
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wtf happened to Ange's sister? Now that Julio's gone, his assistant is screwed and his sister should be the new ruler.

I hope Ersha made it out alive and with team Norma.

And suspicious that white dragon is Ange....

Embryo some kind of anti-hero?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 19:46   Link #1948
Wandering Soul

That was a brutal massacre but Embryo did save undo some of the casualties. Did those girls actually make it out of the base though?

Julio also finally got wasted and next episode will focus on Ange and Tusk. I like the new ED but I am split on the OP

Tusk was hilarious in the preview though.
Old 2015-01-04, 19:55   Link #1949
Nvis
Where are the good animes

ED has Chris(with Salia and Ersha) and Rosalie split up.....I fear they may be on Team Embryo.

OP2 is not bad, Gundam Reconguista OP2 is far worse. ED2 is okay, but I liked the first one more, probably due to the reused scenes.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 20:24   Link #1950
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Did you saw how she awakened the blue mode for Vilkiss when she saw Embryo was about to kill Tusk? The only other mode was red when she wanted to kill Julio. To Ange, for now, Tusk is someone who makes her snap out of her usual mood ever since she got to Arzenal. Other than that Ange has other priorities like saving/protecting the norma.
You're reading too much into this. She saw that Embryo was going to blow Tusk to pieces and rushed to save him (she does care about him if nothing else), and Vilkiss went to blue mode (teleporter mode) to allow her pull that off. Her mood has nothing to do with it. Vilkiss just seems to change according to her needs.
Old 2015-01-04, 20:26   Link #1951
darkdhaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wtf happened to Ange's sister? Now that Julio's gone, his assistant is screwed and his sister should be the new ruler.

I hope Ersha made it out alive and with team Norma.

And suspicious that white dragon is Ange....

Embryo some kind of anti-hero?
I think that the assistant is probably going to use Sylvia. She could tell that it was Ange the one that murdered Julio, she's more likely going to use Sylvia's hate for Ange and her mysterious purple liquid to manipulate her.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 20:28   Link #1952
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Vilkiss just seems to change according to her needs.
God Sunrise and their forever Super OP mechs, >.< always bores me knowing this - id much rather she gets shot down trying to save tusk - makes for a better story imo
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 20:38   Link #1953
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You're reading too much into this. She saw that Embryo was going to blow Tusk to pieces and rushed to save him (she does care about him if nothing else), and Vilkiss went to blue mode (teleporter mode) to allow her pull that off. Her mood has nothing to do with it. Vilkiss just seems to change according to her needs.
That might just be it, of course, but I did think it was weird how they showed Villkiss going back to the 'normal' form as soon as she lost her intent to kill and instead was left speechless by Embryo's appearance/words.

I mean, either way works, but it did strike me as weird that they went the extra mile to have it change color at that exact moment and what not. Even if it's related to her needs, it does seem like she at least needs to have some clear focus in mind for the whole thing to work. But I wouldn't scrap the theory that it's somehow connected to her emotions, either, because the way Embryo commented about her "rage" and then Villkiss changing colors at that moment gave me the same impression that Miraluka got, haha.
Old 2015-01-04, 20:45   Link #1954
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
That might just be it, of course, but I did think it was weird how they showed Villkiss going back to the 'normal' form as soon as she lost her intent to kill and instead was left speechless by Embryo's appearance/words.

I mean, either way works, but it did strike me as weird that they went the extra mile to have it change color at that exact moment and what not. Even if it's related to her needs, it does seem like she at least needs to have some clear focus in mind for the whole thing to work. But I wouldn't scrap the theory that it's somehow connected to her emotions, either, because the way Embryo commented about her "rage" and then Villkiss changing colors at that moment gave me the same impression that Miraluka got, haha.
This.
When she raged and then Vilkiss went red automatically reminded me of Naofumi and his Curse series.

It was too obvious, and cliched as well. Not the first/last time something like that happens.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 20:46   Link #1955
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Villkiss changed to normal right after Embryo stopped her. It probably just means that she was confused after the sudden interruption. I said that Villkiss probably changes according to her needs and intentions, and at the moment of confusion she probably didn't have any specific intention at all, hence Villkiss went back to normal.
Old 2015-01-04, 20:53   Link #1956
Chosen_Hero

Just watched the episode and I have to say that I've never seen a mecha pull out so many convenient ablities as the Vilkiss did in this episode alone even more seeing as we already had two this season with Sekai (at least in my opinion it looks like it) and with G Reconquistas backpacks that are suddenly sent to them almost every episode and they all somehow never work for other machines but somehow are perfect for the G gundam.

You could see how bad the animation was on some parts, like when they are executing those girls and the way they fall when shot.

At least Tusk got a badass scene, who knows when he'll dissappear or get temporarily knocked out again just to keep him away from the conflict.

P.S. about Tusk, we barely know anything about him (maybe next episode will change that) and they had only one episode where they interacted, it's still too early to try and pair up Ange with anyone in this series.
Old 2015-01-04, 21:06   Link #1957
Ryuga

I think you're all right in a way, whatever Ange desires/feels, the ring and the Villkiss respond and give her what she needs. The Villkiss even protects her (as seen in ep.5 when the ring made it shoot the dragon).

And huh, people are reminding me that the Ancients travelled to Arzenal in a submarine, completely forgot about that, nice bit of foreshadowing. I think it'd be interesting if Embryo was more benevolent than suggested, but I've got a feeling he's gonna end up being a classier, pretty-boy version of Masaki who screws with people because he can.

To the poster who said the song blasts ripped off Guyver, I see what you mean, but it reminds me more of Ideon since the blasts look quite similar. There's quite a bit of mecha references in the Villkiss's abilities.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 21:15   Link #1958
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I've never seen a mecha pull out so many convenient ablities as the Vilkiss did in this episode alone
You should see an old Super Sentai series at some point.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 21:42   Link #1959
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
You should see an old Super Sentai series at some point.
And in terms of non-mech stuff, look at the earlier Superman comics. XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 21:47   Link #1960
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

That Meta-Superman really came in handy! In all seriousness, why do I have a feeling we're being lead to believe an all-lesbian ending and the final episode that might not happen? Perhaps there is foreshadow trickery going on and we just aren't seeing it like with Aquarion Evol? Dun dun duuuuuuun.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanservice, mecha, ps vita, romance