AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-02-25, 08:58   Link #81
Lazgrane
Dimension Exploiter

I remember somewhere saying that level cap was only pushed up to 90 recently, 3 or 4 years ago. Before that it was only 50.
Old 2014-02-25, 09:58   Link #82
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

It's quite possible that Japanese don't grind the way Koreans do and choose to enjoy MMOs in a more leisurely way, like treating it like a chatroom with graphics (the 8th Shopping District comes to mind).

It's also possible that the 100-hours-to-90 is spoken from Leo's PoV, aka from how it is like in the West, which might be different from how it is in Japan =3.

And like what Lazgrane mentioned, the level 90 cap was introduced only three years ago. In between, a lot can happen, like old-timers dropping out or cutting down their playing time due to RL stuff (like Naotsugu and to a certain extent, Nyanta and Kanami).

And of course, it could also be that Mamare didn't think this though thoroughly enough and might just change it when the side-story gets published (eventually) :heh

Btw, I checked the timeline in the wikis and... I dunno, but ET really takes its time raising the level cap. It took seven years for the first raise (50 to 60) and after that three~four years would pass before the next raise (always by 10 levels).

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 02:26   Link #83
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Is a second season likely for Log Horizon?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 12:00   Link #84
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
At this point, no. There are only two books out so far from where the anime will end (book 5, the Libra Festival).
Old 2014-02-28, 18:09   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
depending if vol10 gets release this year, we might get s2 next year.
Old 2014-02-28, 18:48   Link #86
DQueenie13

With two unadapted volumes out, though, it's not inconceivable to create a one-cour season (which usually has around 13 episodes). The first episode could be a recap, and it also depends whether the director will do it book-by-book or in chronological order (skipping between Shiroe and Akatsuki scenes, since vol6 and vol7 are concurrent). With two extra episodes' time, the director doesn't necessarily have to cut out as much as he probably needed to for this season's episode-per-chapter formula.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:03   Link #87
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Do the other country server's look like that country or is the game always located in Japan?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 03:15   Link #88
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Do the other country server's look like that country or is the game always located in Japan?
Just imagine your country like Life After People with some médiéval settlements, you'll be set.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 11:54   Link #89
ellessarr
Banned

ok i gonna place my question here

i have a question for ln after see this post about past-time, was explained in LN about "grow and age??, if adventures ages???, for exemple minori will be forever a 14 years old loli, until she leave ET???? or their age naturally(like humans) or if their age based on their races (like elfs and many dem-humans most of the times ages more slow than humans in fantasy) was explained how work that things, in the LN already passed 1 year or more???, if this can't be answered here please someone can pm with this, cus so far this not was talked in anime and maybe in novel was explained or maybe the writer explained in twitter or interviews, i remember who in SOA their real body in real world age but their avatars not.

basically peoples age in LH? if yes is our world rules or is based on the race the adventure choose(assuming who each race age different).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 12:50   Link #90
J4n1

No knowledge on whether or not they age.
But considering that they are described as immortal (and Nyanta has been active from beta, which was 240 years (in game) or so ago, Shiroe has been active 98 years), it is quite possible that they won't.
But as novel 6 tells us, lot of things are changing.
Spoiler:

So they might start aging now.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:53   Link #91
Tenzen12

Can anyone confirm this?

Quote:

Well, there seems to be good news on the Horizon (yes pun intended)

"Mamare Touno (Log Horizon's creator) confirmed that he held a question and answer session on 4chan's /a/ (anime) board on Saturday.

Mamare answered user's questions about Log Horizon and his personal preferences like...
... He also acknowledged that plans for season 2 are currently ongoing."

Now, before you start betting the college fund on a second season, wait till there's actually an official announcement about a green-lit or in production second season, cuz there's a pretty big difference between a story creator with "plans" and a Producer coughing up a 3-4 million dollar production budget for just 12-13 eps. (Yes, that is the average price for a 12-13 ep season)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 15:02   Link #92
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Can anyone confirm this?
First, could you put a source to that quote?

Also, I think during his second Q&A session on 4chan, he said that he was discussing it with NHK/there were discussions about a second season, but was not certain about anything.
Old 2014-03-08, 15:07   Link #93
Tenzen12

It was comment of anilinkz moderator and administrator on latest episode, still I don't know how much it's credible (well that's why I asking here, don't I?)

Anyway even if it is summary is correct, there is explicitly said second season is by no means set in stone. (But that there is already ongoing discussion itself would be good news)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 15:12   Link #94
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It was comment of anilinkz moderator and administrator on recent episode, still I don't know how much it's credible (well that's why I asking here, don't I?)

Anyway even if it is summary is correct, there is said second season is by no means set in stone.
Just wanted to know where you heard it from.

And yeah, that quote is from the second Q&A session after episode 10, but if I remember correctly, one of his tweets said something about continuing negotiations/wish him luck on a second season adaption.
Old 2014-03-10, 20:19   Link #95
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
How much has been adapted from the LN series so far?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 20:59   Link #96
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
How much has been adapted from the LN series so far?
We're on volume 5, chapter 3. (Almost every episode corresponds with one LN chapter, with the exceptions of episodes 1 and 21; the former covers chapters 1 and 2, the latter is mostly filler and, for better or worse, changes things slightly.)
Old 2014-03-22, 21:16   Link #97
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Spoiler for Question about Nureha's age:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 22:38   Link #98
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Spoiler for Question about Nureha's age:
Depending on whether you take her comments in Book 5's interlude chapter at face value, Nureha's around high-school age, older than Minori, but younger than Akatsuki.
Old 2014-03-23, 01:38   Link #99
Key Board
Carbon

Mamare is answering questions for the 3rd time on 4chan right now
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 02:31   Link #100
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Thread in question

Tags
q&a