Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-01-04, 01:41   Link #1
Blueknight78

Maou-jou de Oyasumi [manga]

Synopsis
Quote:
The time when humans and demons once existed. A demon king, the existence that throws off that balance of perfect stability, kidnapped a human princess and confined her in his own castle.

People raged, and sent a hero on a journey to rescue the princess to the castle she was confined in. She was supposed to be weeping, despairing, and waiting for a rescue, but... Having so much spare time, aside from sleeping she has noting else to do.

Now, the "imprisoned princess" does as she likes in the demon king's castle in a seek of a quiet sleep!

This is a sleeping short comedy!!
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Authors: Kumanomata, Kagiji (Story & Art)
Serialization: Shounen Sunday
mangaupdates: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=132991
myanimelist: https://myanimelist.net/manga/98639/Maoujou_de_Oyasumi

this manga is really fun and the princess omg she is really "the devil"

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-17 at 20:53.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 05:28   Link #2
sparhawk1610
Asura

Lol, poor monsters. That princess is better maou like original one Poor demon monk Also that Harpy part was awesome
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 05:58   Link #3
James Rye

This is a great manga, I love how the demons are all scared of the tyranny from the sleeping princess. I also love how she turns all those poor demons into helpful things to sleep better. Like morbid humor, all those poor ghost sheets cut to pieces to make soft bedsheets and then when dirtied put into a casket for the demon priest to revive them just for them to live in fear of one day to eb turned into bedsheets yet again. xD
I laughed so much when the demon king felt the death of the millions of bee-demons and the demon priest just fell straight to the floor, dead already inside because he knows who has to revive them all. And the whole time the selfish, not-caring-for-others-princess is just happy with her newly taken honey for her face mask. xD
Old 2017-01-04, 06:10   Link #4
kari-no-sugata II

Thanks for creating a thread for this. I'd been thinking of doing one myself.

This series is a delightful inversion of the "the princess is held hostage by the bad guys" trope. The princess is not remotely bothered by her situation except that it gets in the way of a good night's sleep. She gets up to all sorts of crazy/creepy antics in the name of sleep. You feel for the poor demons, really.

It's episodic and not deep or complex. It delivers in spades in comedy, irony and subversion.

PS Blueknight, the image doesn't load.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 08:53   Link #5
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Thanks for creating the thread.

I love the manga and the story is hilarious.

The fact one ordinary princess was able to bully, threaten and murder all of the demons in the castle just for a good night sleep is just absurd and funny.

Your gotta feel sorry for the demons especially the Demon King since his hostage became a nightmare to him and his minions. By the time the Hero arrives, i'll bet the demons will be happy to return her to him just so she won't destroy everything she get's her hands on.
Old 2017-01-04, 17:09   Link #6
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Thanks for creating a thread for this. I'd been thinking of doing one myself.

This series is a delightful inversion of the "the princess is held hostage by the bad guys" trope. The princess is not remotely bothered by her situation except that it gets in the way of a good night's sleep. She gets up to all sorts of crazy/creepy antics in the name of sleep. You feel for the poor demons, really.

It's episodic and not deep or complex. It delivers in spades in comedy, irony and subversion.

PS Blueknight, the image doesn't load.
@kari-no-sugata II see if appear now

really is so fun how she bully all the monsters eve the demon lord "fear her", the big nightmare of the demon lord is being a fail to make the hero get anger over him and leave him because of the princess, poor demons, being threatened by her

was really fun see her goes from really a defenseless and weak girl which was just dying in the beginner to turn in a reclkess and fearsome person in the demon world.

I can see the hero-sama finally come to defeat the demon lord and all the monsters to just enter in castle and find it empty with a lot of corpses in ground and he clueless about what is happening to find the demon lord in the ground dying alone them:
hero : demon lord what happened here why you are in the ground what was the fearsome power which wreck havock here?? any god???
demon-lord dying and trying to speak: pprrrinnnccesss...(point his finger the princess prision)

hero goes to her prision to find her taking a nap in a very well confortable prision and bad made by all the ghosts corpses and all the mess and he:
hero: wtf...
Old 2017-01-04, 17:22   Link #7
johnfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
@kari-no-sugata II see if appear now

really is so fun how she bully all the monsters eve the demon lord "fear her", the big nightmare of the demon lord is being a fail to make the hero get anger over him and leave him because of the princess, poor demons, being threatened by her

was really fun see her goes from really a defenseless and weak girl which was just dying in the beginner to turn in a reclkess and fearsome person in the demon world.

I can see the hero-sama finally come to defeat the demon lord and all the monsters to just enter in castle and find it empty with a lot of corpses in ground and he clueless about what is happening to find the demon lord in the ground dying alone them:
hero : demon lord what happened here why you are in the ground what was the fearsome power which wreck havock here?? any god???
demon-lord dying and trying to speak: pprrrinnnccesss...(point his finger the princess prision)

hero goes to her prision to find her taking a nap in a very well confortable prision and bad made by all the ghosts corpses and all the mess and he:
hero: wtf...
I've a better idea for the ending: The hero and party arrive at the castle and start pumping up for invanding it, only for the demons to come out carring the princess and depositing her on the heroes arms while saying they give up and for the hero to take the princess as far away as possible while backing out. Immediatly afterwards the princess jumps from the hero's arms and starts chasing the demons back to the castle while thinking that she likes her life now better than her old one and that she's planning to take over the castle and make all demons her servants so she can spend her time sleeping. Cut to the hero looking confused while the demons run from the princess all over the castle.
Old 2017-01-04, 18:13   Link #8
Blueknight78

another funny thing is which she is not just a threat to the demon world but also for the heroes, since she already steal a lot of "artifacts"/magical itens" which where supposed to be found by the heroes to use then to defeat the lord in the "shield" chapter we also even get in the end a scene of the hero come to the shield room and find it or was empty or broken and ended having troubles for that, she is literaly a real big threat for the whole world with all herselfish and greedy for good night sleeps.
Old 2017-01-04, 18:25   Link #9
kari-no-sugata II

Probably only a matter of time before she kills the Demon King and becomes the new Demon King. The remaining demons will then be too terrified to oppose her and put all their efforts into making sure she sleeps well, meaning they no longer cause problems for the humans. Alls well that ends well?

PS Yep the image loads now...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-04, 18:56   Link #10
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Probably only a matter of time before she kills the Demon King and becomes the new Demon King. The remaining demons will then be too terrified to oppose her and put all their efforts into making sure she sleeps well, meaning they no longer cause problems for the humans. Alls well that ends well?

PS Yep the image loads now...
well based on the chapter 15 on what she told when she was disgused as "ice golen" she must be already ploting to be the next "demon queen" and conquest the whole world to use it as her tools to have the "perfect nap/sleep.
Old 2017-01-05, 20:48   Link #11
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I've been reading this one for a while now. Princess is a savage. A couple of chapters ago i realized she not only off-screened a two headed dragon but she also destroyed an entire species to get honey. It's fun finding out what sort of madness she'll pull next.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 22:59   Link #12
SeaDoor

For this to be simply a one joke premise, I still look forward to each new chapter. The Princess is delightfully self-sufficient in taking the initiative to solve her own problems and much to the dismay of the other demons she is very, very capable. It's amusing that the Ice Kingdom already recognizes her as the next Demon Lord.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 23:45   Link #13
charasu
DigiDestinied

Imagine when hero finnaly arrive in demon castle only seeing the princess already became a demon empress
------
Btw when princess became small, the demon excluding demon lord really dotted her that even they withdrawal budget for her dress
Old 2017-01-07, 05:48   Link #14
James Rye

The princess is like her own heroine with her main villian being sleeplessness, the princes to rescue being all the stuff she needs to slain that enemy and fall asleep in a comfy bed no matter the consequences. The demons are just background characters to her. I mean, she made a demon bee genocide like two times now (poor demon priest), what kinda hero have you seen going that far to save the princess? XD
Old 2017-01-18, 02:48   Link #15
Blueknight78

chapter 23 out and omg, poor demon king lol, his face when he saw her on his bed, all the demons she goes agains "stealing" things from they beds, the demon monk threatened the demon king because of what he saw and his pleasure face after hearing her say who she will go "after his bed too" lol , that princess still the best damsell in distress of all times.
Old 2017-01-18, 04:33   Link #16
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What a lewd Princess. Sleeping on other people's bed. lol
Old 2017-01-18, 05:31   Link #17
charasu
DigiDestinied

the last panel quote
"these the demons who ware worried about various treasures stolen from them,'which warn't limited to bedding'"
Old 2017-01-18, 09:43   Link #18
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
chapter 23 out and omg, poor demon king lol, his face when he saw her on his bed, all the demons she goes agains "stealing" things from they beds, the demon monk threatened the demon king because of what he saw and his pleasure face after hearing her say who she will go "after his bed too" lol , that princess still the best damsell in distress of all times.
That wasn't his pleasure face though, that his dead inside face due the princess behavior. I mean he nearly strangled the demon king, THE DEMON KING, due a misunderstanding thinking his king laid hands on the young child princess. And when the princess went no big deal, I sleep in your bed next, his pure demon soul died. xD
Old 2017-01-18, 09:47   Link #19
mickbis

By the end of this manga..
the princess most likely become the true owner of Demon King Castle....
and said something like "Nope not going back, I can sleep better here"
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 12:33   Link #20
gocav

So the bed she made for herself is the best one in the castle. I wonder if the hero's job will be to defeat the demon king or to carry the princess's bed back to the human kingdom.
gocav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy