AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 24 48.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-02-28, 05:25   Link #81
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's possible. But it sounds better for the character that the Volume is focusing on to be on the cover, so that's why I hope for Rose to be on the cover.
Old 2018-02-28, 05:39   Link #82
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Nah, Miyama will go even further and beyond: NO COVER.

Last edited by Sekiryuu12; 2018-02-28 at 10:15.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 06:36   Link #83
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Pretty much approaching the pinnacle of laziness, huh? I really hope it's not like that, though.
Old 2018-02-28, 07:48   Link #84
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuu12 View Post
Nah, Miyama will go even further beyond: NO COVER.
Nah we will have a cover. A blank cover with the wording High School DxD only. XD
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 08:51   Link #85
Lucidrago

I wouldn't find that too surprising.

And you guys need to brush up on the original myth. Brynhildr married Gunnar not Sigurd/Siegfried. He helped out his bro Gunnar in secretly performing the deeds that would require Gunnar to marry Brynhildr.

Sigurd is most likely dead. Seeing as his signature weapon is in the hands of another. Next you guys are going to convince people that Roland is still alive.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 09:45   Link #86
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

We know that (or I know that, and my headcanon of her yandere-ish character is from why she cannot get Sigurd but Gunnar instead despite the fact that she only swore to hold the former, but the latter plotted with Sigurd anyway, which is also her characterization in another series ahem Fate/Prototype). Then again, as the Volsung saga dictates, her eyes are only and only for Sigurd, and seeing her alive in DxD means that there is also a chance that the original Sigurd will still exist in some form.

And no, Roland is confirmed dead, or Olivier, or Charliemang, or even Astolfo for that matter

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2018-02-28 at 09:57.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 09:51   Link #87
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Brynhildr loved Sigurd but was forced to marry Gunnar? Okay, if DxD follows the myth for this part, then I just hope Brynhildr's DxD version stays happy. She sounds like a tragic character in the myth.
Old 2018-02-28, 09:56   Link #88
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Osman have you ever read Volsung saga (or its more famous German adaptation Der Ring Des Nibelungiend)? The story of Bryn and Sigurd was written as a tragedy from the start, and seeing Bryn alive, I would reckon that her heart had gone on or the original Sigurd is still exist in some form in DxD universe (do remember that "Chaos Edge" Siegfried shared his bloodline too)

PS. If you ever played a PS1 game called Valkyrie Profile, its plot is an interesting take to the Bryn-Sigurd story with different character names.
Old 2018-02-28, 10:04   Link #89
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
We know that (or I know that, and my headcanon of her yandere-ish character is from why she cannot get Sigurd but Gunnar instead despite the fact that she only swore to hold the former but the latter plotted with Sigurd anyway, which is also her characterization in another series ahem Fate/Prototype). Then again, as the Volsung saga dictates, her eyes are only and only for Sigurd, and seeing her alive in DxD means that there is also a chance that the original Sigurd will still exist in some form.

And no, Roland is confirmed dead, or Olivier, or Charliemang, or even Astolfo for that matter
Hmmm, i don't know. Ishibumi hasn't revealed a lot about Valkyrie in dxd. Is Brunhilda who's appearing in volume 24 the real one? Or maybe just her descendant ?. Does it mean that Gondul is the real Gondul like in the myth? If so, then she is really really old. How does Valkyrie system work in dxd?. Hopefully we will get more info about it in vol 24 or later volumes
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 10:09   Link #90
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ahem, Brynhildr appears in Volume 25, not 24. But yeah, I'm also wondering about those same things.

@Ariel: I read this just now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr. I haven't read the part under the "Wagner's 'Ring' Cycle" subtitle, though.
Old 2018-02-28, 10:12   Link #91
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Ahem, Brynhildr appears in Volume 25, not 24. But yeah, I'm also wondering about those same things.

@Ariel: I read this just now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brynhildr. I haven't read the part under the "Wagner's 'Ring' Cycle" subtitle, though.
Oh damn, sorry i uh made a stupid mistake
Old 2018-02-28, 10:14   Link #92
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Royal, for Gondul, yes, which is why she appeared as Rossweisse's grandmother (the grandma's part is DxD original, but there's an interesting mythological aspect of why she is characterised like that) and seeing Valkyries in DxD are being considered as demigods, she is very, very old indeed.

As for Bryn, the preview only mentioned her being the Commander of the Valkyrie Unit. Though from what I can understand, it's pretty much the Bryn I have known and love, but with added DxD flavour (Rose called her "senpai", so Bryn is either only a generation behind Rose or she is also very old, basically at Gondul's generation but blessed with ageless body)

@Osman do take note on the different characterization between the original Norse poem and the Wagnerian opera.
Old 2018-02-28, 10:24   Link #93
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Maybe the Valkyries' names are named so because its like how there are multiple people in the world with the same name?
Old 2018-02-28, 10:37   Link #94
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They could be the original Valkyries with those names, too, though. They're demigoddesses after all, as Ariel said, so can be considerably old even if they don't look it (though maybe Gondul does - I don't remember how she was described, though).

@Ariel: Maybe all of the Valkyries look younger than they are. It's possible, isn't it? After all, Gabriel and the original angels also look a lot younger than they actually are.

About Brynhildr being Rose's senpai, I think it makes sense that it would be that way. Brynhildr should be very old indeed if she's the original one from the myth, and Rose is 19 or so (I don't remember her age exactly, but she should be in the same age-group as Ise and Rias).
Old 2018-02-28, 10:44   Link #95
Royalknightftw

well, for Grim Reaper. Names can be considered as some sort of rank, as mentioned in vol24. Maybe, Valyrie is similar
(with few differences )as Grim reaper when it comes to names or just like ccp stated, some of them have similar names
Old 2018-02-28, 10:44   Link #96
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

More like in the original myth there were numerous Valkyries, and the named ones clocked at around 29 from the Eddic ones alone (the Wagnerian ones, including Rossweisse, was 12) Their names, at least the Eddic ones, were basically epithets, which in DxD, translates as their capabilities (for example, Gondul means "wand-wielder" in Norse, which makes it very fitting considering her magical abilities)

They're masters of rune magic after all, so it's entirely possible that they use it to keep their bodies fit unless they want to retire.

As for Gondul's appearance, Volume 17 described her as basically having Rose's body with the face of a woman in her fifties to sixties.

Rose's 18, yes (19 by the current volume).

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2018-02-28 at 10:55.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 11:02   Link #97
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If the Valkyries in DxD are the original one from the myth, Ishibumi could've taken liberties with how old they are. Especially if Rose is also from the original myth and is in the same age-group as Ise and Rias.

I don't think the names are just ranks. And I haven't read Volume 24, so I wouldn't know what it says about Grim Reapers.
Old 2018-02-28, 12:10   Link #98
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
If the Valkyries in DxD are the original one from the myth, Ishibumi could've taken liberties with how old they are. Especially if Rose is also from the original myth and is in the same age-group as Ise and Rias.

I don't think the names are just ranks. And I haven't read Volume 24, so I wouldn't know what it says about Grim Reapers.
Well, ”some sort” of ranks. For example, Pluto was one of the strongest Grim reapers and the oldest one but then he was killed by Vali, in volume 24 it was shown that someone else took his name and became Pluto 2, hence my assumption that name in Grim Reaper is more like a title or some sort of rank. Valkyries might have similar way to name their valkyries albeit in different ways.
Old 2018-02-28, 13:31   Link #99
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

No Valkyries names are not ranks it seems as Valkyrie's have family households meaning they should have a surname. This was proven with Rossweisse where we learned she as the heir, was meant to become the head of her household but couldn't so her cousin became the head instead. This shows Valkyries should have surnames as a household needs one to be differentiated (you can't have a household without a surname; it's impossible because it contradicts), but also they don't have ranking with their names. I mean there can be something like "Rossweisse II" but only a family member could have that and it would be for honouring the original.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 15:17   Link #100
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The Pluto Vali killed might have been the original, with "Pluto II" being his successor, for all we know. We weren't given that much information, were we?

And "Rossweisse" isn't her family name. It's her own name. So her cousin who became the head probably isn't also named "Rossweisse".