Hardcore meets Casual

We're almost there.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 03:53   Link #2002
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The real apocalypse, is that when Internet ceases to exist and every government education enforces a "learn but do not think from another perspective" system.
Look more like a return to the past, no?
Old 2010-10-25, 06:49   Link #2003
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

What would happen if some animal infected with 'rage' escapes and infect people, wouldn't this be the same like with zombies only this time the infected ones would still be alive. I find this scenario/theory more possible then zombie attack
Old 2010-10-25, 07:16   Link #2004
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
What would happen if some animal infected with 'rage' escapes and infect people, wouldn't this be the same like with zombies only this time the infected ones would still be alive. I find this scenario/theory more possible then zombie attack
It is... Actual zombies (undead), at least according to current science, couldn't exist. But it is possible some kind of virus/plague could create zombie-like symptoms.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 13:28   Link #2005
Lost Cause

Quote:
The real apocalypse, is that when Internet ceases to exist and every government education enforces a "learn but do not think from another perspective" system.
Considering the propaganda being spouted by the popular press these days and how they "pooh pooh" anything that isn't popular, or in the mainstream way of thinking, I'd say we are there!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 15:05   Link #2006
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tranq everyone and walk around with some heavy dope on you, problem solved Btw I believe we're talking about rabies or something, yea?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 16:07   Link #2007
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Well, l heard about that thing. There is a big chance we might survive though.

Step 1. Have all the Nukes of all Super Power Nations be transferred to outer space.

Step 2. Make that a TOP SECRET Deal.( Coz many idiots weill try to mess things up)

Step 3. Make Thousands of underground tunnels that can at least accomodate six billion people. (They should be far from fault lines and continentantal trenches in case it does hit.

Step 4. Make the BOMBs in outer space. It should be at least at two different locations preferably near the route of that meteor( ex Mars and the Moon)

Step 5. Try to blast the meteor as many as we can, as powerful as we can.
Recently scientists recalculated what is needed to bomb asteroids and how safe is it, and the results prove positive.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...nuclear-bombs/

We can deflect incoming asteroids with just an average nuclear warhead and 'rubble' asteroids won't be too much trouble, they won't break apart and bombard the planet as previously thought.

Anyway early detection is key, we will have years to slowly push or pull it away.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 21:45   Link #2008
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Tranq everyone and walk around with some heavy dope on you, problem solved Btw I believe we're talking about rabies or something, yea?
Rabies?! (shudder) Has a case of what that might do to a human every been documented? It's supposed to eat away at your brain from what I know of it. That said it would be the closest to zombie like behavior! Or at least violent outbreaks.
We could use dart guns loaded with the vaccine, otherwise we'd have to kill the afflicted.
Any ideas?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-10-26, 02:34   Link #2009
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ The symptoms are terrible and the disease is fatal relatively quickly if left untreated (roughly a week), but there is a vaccine for it, with vastly positive results. Assuming you don't notice it and someone...bites you(?) you got a good two days to get your hands on that cure! But with this crisis at hand, how much would vaccine prices rise, who would hold the monopoly of it and eventually rule the world while promising treatment!!?
Old 2010-10-26, 03:47   Link #2010
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Rabies?! (shudder) Has a case of what that might do to a human every been documented? It's supposed to eat away at your brain from what I know of it. That said it would be the closest to zombie like behavior! Or at least violent outbreaks.
We could use dart guns loaded with the vaccine, otherwise we'd have to kill the afflicted.
Any ideas?
Rabies vaccines are unique in a sense that they can overcome the virus no matter how they mutate, due to a primary protein strand.

Though the vaccine isn't nice. I took it back in primary school and was hospitalised for a 45 degrees high fever.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 05:57   Link #2011
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Alright here's my newly upgraded 'Police Marksman Rifle'.

Steyr Elite in .308 Win with a Schmidt & Bender Police Marksman II 4-16x50mm P3 Milrad Adjustment scope.

A close up of the cool bits:

The background I hope shows that it's my rifle as an anime fan. <3 Saber

And the shirt I'll be wearing during TEOTWAWKI!

It's pretty much Project Complete apart from the scope covers and an Anti-Reflective Device to go over the objective lens for the final tac-tac-tacticoooooool look.

Next firearm purchase will be an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Super Magnum in .338 Lapua Magnum and another S&B scope, probably of the 5-25x56mm PMII series.

I'm getting a job in the mines at the end of the year so I should be making a pretty penny to afford such a set up!

Bring on TEOTWAWKI!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 17:05   Link #2012
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Rabies vaccines are unique in a sense that they can overcome the virus no matter how they mutate, due to a primary protein strand.

Though the vaccine isn't nice. I took it back in primary school and was hospitalised for a 45 degrees high fever.
45 degree??

How are you still alive? What did it feel like?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 20:36   Link #2013
Lost Cause

Rabies was a very big deal in rural Alabama were I'm originally from! Every wild animal (and some domesticated ones) were viewed with suspicsion. Even here in VA. it has been known to happen as humans encroach upon the once wild spots. Wild animals do return the gesture by coming into your backyard!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-10-27, 01:54   Link #2014
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
45 degree??

How are you still alive?
Good question, afaik fever is life-threatening past 42 degrees o_0
Quote:
Rabies was a very big deal in rural Alabama were I'm originally from!
Must have been decades ago no offence :P but don't worry, you can tranquilize first, examine next, and then decide what to do.
Old 2010-10-27, 04:09   Link #2015
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Recently scientists recalculated what is needed to bomb asteroids and how safe is it, and the results prove positive.
I share you a secret... It was me that suggested "THAT" to "THEM".
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 06:58   Link #2016
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Alright here's my newly upgraded 'Police Marksman Rifle'.

Steyr Elite in .308 Win with a Schmidt & Bender Police Marksman II 4-16x50mm P3 Milrad Adjustment scope.

A close up of the cool bits:

The background I hope shows that it's my rifle as an anime fan. <3 Saber

And the shirt I'll be wearing during TEOTWAWKI!

It's pretty much Project Complete apart from the scope covers and an Anti-Reflective Device to go over the objective lens for the final tac-tac-tacticoooooool look.

Next firearm purchase will be an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Super Magnum in .338 Lapua Magnum and another S&B scope, probably of the 5-25x56mm PMII series.

I'm getting a job in the mines at the end of the year so I should be making a pretty penny to afford such a set up!

Bring on TEOTWAWKI!
wait... .308 Win. and 7.62x51 have nearly identical numbers, right? cool!!! i envy you that you own a scout tact.
Old 2010-10-27, 20:39   Link #2017
Lost Cause

Quote:

Must have been decades ago no offence :P but don't worry, you can tranquilize first, examine next, and then decide what to do.
None taken. It was about 18 years ago! But it's still an active disease none the less.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-10-28, 10:16   Link #2018
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I was put in an ice room. Maybe that is the reason why I am slightly crazy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 10:45   Link #2019
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I was put in an ice room. Maybe that is the reason why I am slightly crazy.
if it becomes like RE's T and G viruses, we are so screwed...
Old 2010-10-28, 17:54   Link #2020
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Always carry a boombox and a copy of Michael Jackson's "Thriller". Playing the song will cause all zombies in the area to dance for unknown reasons. This is your chance to run. Use it only when you are outnumbered because boomboxes take up a lot of batteries.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies