Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-16, 04:03   Link #8321
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
In the LN, when they reach the demon capital, Mera gets split off as before but Sophia isn't yet going to school though she is studying for it. So because of that she's still around in the mansion every day. However, Sophia has clear yandere tendencies anyway and misses Mera and feels lonely so ends up pestering Shiro a lot. Blow fell for Shiro at first sight and tries bringing her gifts regularly so naturally Sophia meets Blow.

That particular scene with Sophia and Mera is from near the end. You might just be able to see Wrath in the background, on the bed behind Ariel. This is after Sophia and Shiro stopped Wrath's rampage and he was recovering. Ariel brought Mera along to pacify Sophia, basically, and since she hasn't seen him in some time she's very dere-dere. (It's rather amusing...)

PS One thing I forgot to add about Shiro's battle With Gyurie - I wonder if this is Gyurie's first "real" fight? He'd likely have trained with other dragons back in the day at least but that wouldn't be "real". It obviously wasn't possible for him to have a "real" fight with Sariel or D (they're just too strong) and everyone else except Shiro would be too weak.

Wait wait wait!!!
If she is this much of a Yandere to Merazofis to THAT point. Since her possesion to Mera is sooooo heavy that Queen taratekt weight seems like a seedgrain in comparison. Vamp Girl might think that Mera is her belonging that never he shall oppose her then....
...the event where Merazofis admonish Vamp Girl "WITH A FACE SLAP!!" Will be a one hell of a scenario ooohhhh MY!♥♥♪♪ That is indeed thrilling To anticipate!♪♪♪

Anyway I just so wonder as of just what the heck is Loser been thinking? I what to see his POV if there is any~
Like just how abnormal, mysterious & abberant being is Kumo to him especially now that he see just how much Kumo pair with him despite being God only in mere 20 less yrs!!
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 05:50   Link #8322
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Wait wait wait!!!
If she is this much of a Yandere to Merazofis to THAT point. Since her possesion to Mera is sooooo heavy that Queen taratekt weight seems like a seedgrain in comparison. Vamp Girl might think that Mera is her belonging that never he shall oppose her then....
...the event where Merazofis admonish Vamp Girl "WITH A FACE SLAP!!" Will be a one hell of a scenario ooohhhh MY!♥♥♪♪ That is indeed thrilling To anticipate!♪♪♪
It could be said that the current Sophia in the LN is more like the other yandere (Sue) - sweet to one person and dangerous to nearly everyone else, particularly if they get close to that one person.

Back when Shiro couldn't use magecraft despite being a god in LN8, because her body was naturally weak, just a day of travel would wear her out badly. So Mera would often carry Shiro to the inn at the end of the day. This was obvious for him to do (being the only one with an adult body) but Sophia would still seethe with envy/jealousy about it every time. Ie that's more like why Sophia was getting close to Envy rather than pure envy about Shiro, though there was some of that too.

It'll be interesting to see how the author handles Sophia's "school arc" and the events around there. In the WN, Wrath got introduced at the end but in the LN he'll be around from the start but I wouldn't be surprised if he still blows up at Sophia once he finds she's been sucking blood etc and maybe they'll have a showdown battle with the resulting consequences, like in the WN. Hope so...

Quote:
Anyway I just so wonder as of just what the heck is Loser been thinking? I what to see his POV if there is any~
Like just how abnormal, mysterious & abberant being is Kumo to him especially now that he see just how much Kumo pair with him despite being God only in mere 20 less yrs!!
Kuro has actually commented before that Shiro is more god-like than him. I wouldn't be surprised if he got the chills when he saw Shiro's "My Home" attack against Potimas's weapons. To a large degree, both are coming into this fight blind but while Kuro has perhaps conventional god training but little real combat experience Shiro has unconventional god training but plenty of real combat experience. But Kuro is still well ahead of Shiro in raw power so you'd think he'd be able to use that advantage more.

I did have one other idea about why Kuro seems a bit weak/pitiful currently: he wants to follow Sariel's will, right? He's talked before (with Dustin) about taking over from Sariel when she dies as well. In such a scenario, the more energy he has the better. So perhaps he's trying to use as little energy as possible against Shiro because of that. But if he reaches the conclusion that he cannot win otherwise, maybe we'll see him "get serious" at that point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
Let’s not forget that Shiro kinda gave Oka a book with basically ALL info about her own plans and even about the world? If that book is to fall in to the wrong hands that would put her into some sort of disadvantage isn’t it?
I would think that Shiro's book covers more the "why" and "what" rather than the "how". There wouldn't be much need for her to go into the details about taking over the System. She might mention that it would help if she could get all the Ruler Authorities, but it's not like Dustin was ever going to hand over his anyway.

So I'm not sure if that book's contents becoming more widely known would actually be a big problem for Shiro. It's hard to say for sure though. But it's actually rather like Taboo and almost certainly contains a lot of the information that Taboo does. So the effects might be rather like Taboo as well. For anyone somewhat loyal to Shiro, that book wouldn't necessarily be a problem. For Dustin's side, the contents might well be too dangerous to discuss though would probably be of some tactical use.

If the book does get spread around, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being referred to as the "Evil God's bible" or something
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 06:24   Link #8323
tsunade666

In LN, is the relatioshipn of Sophia and Shiro the same as WN? mom and rebellious daughter? are they (one sided) close? If Sophia is so close to Mera that she goes yan yan when Shiro is being carried, then more reason for her to become turncoat later on when she and pope had the talk.
Old 2018-08-16, 06:54   Link #8324
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
In LN, is the relatioshipn of Sophia and Shiro the same as WN? mom and rebellious daughter? are they (one sided) close? If Sophia is so close to Mera that she goes yan yan when Shiro is being carried, then more reason for her to become turncoat later on when she and pope had the talk.
Well, the mother/daughter aspects didn't really come up until later on in the WN. Overall in the LN, their relationship is a bit more normal. Sophia clearly respects Shiro in the LN despite being a yandere. Shiro isn't so overwhelming/terrifying in the LN to Sophia. So because of that they feel closer.

On the other hand, now that Shiro's met D in the LN, we're probably not that far from the point when Meido turns up. So will the cursed cards and "call me goshujin-sama" follow? It seems likely since Sophia only ever refers to Shiro as goshujin-sama in the LN later on (in the side chapters in LN3-5).
Old 2018-08-28, 09:57   Link #8325
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Was browsing youtube and found this pv...
Kumo anime? Nai wa! Shikamo, aoi yuuki as kumo...
http://youtu.be/Nqu4D8P_oLQ
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 01:37   Link #8326
sierra117
Harem Seeker

i don't know if anyone ever mention about it, but what IF Shiro and D was actually one and the same? At one point in the future Shiro became as powerful as the Current D and time travel back to the past(we know that D has time manipulation) and set all this up?
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 06:13   Link #8327
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
i don't know if anyone ever mention about it, but what IF Shiro and D was actually one and the same? At one point in the future Shiro became as powerful as the Current D and time travel back to the past(we know that D has time manipulation) and set all this up?
I vaguely remember this idea coming up once or twice before.

In-world probably the best argument against it is that D seems genuinely surprised at "Kumoko". It's much clearer in the LN though since we see D's POV, sort-of. While there are major differences in the WN and LN these are mostly about the "journey" rather than the characters starting points or ending points and the author has made it clear that the dragon girl is the only real exception.

From a story-telling point of view, this is basically a circular argument and often not very satisfying. I'd be particularly surprised if the author of this series uses such a thing.

Regarding time manipulation, we've seen the speeding up and slowing of time but not actual time travel - Shiro has learned to look into the past but that's not the same as time travel. It would be interesting to know why time is passing slower on the Earth though since I don't see why such a thing would happen naturally. The best answer I came up for this is that D is deliberately speeding up time on the planet the series is based on so that she can see the end result sooner. If your time-travel suggestion is correct then instead it would be something that D was forced to do to get the timelines between the planets to match up.

From a character development point of view, I think I would find this disappointing - it would feel closer to a "bad end" in some ways because D isn't someone that Shiro aspires to be like and it's more of a "becoming the thing you hate" type scenario. Shiro wants to live but to live with pride which is why she is willing to risk her life for some things. Shiro doesn't yet know what form that pride will take but can you really say that D is living with pride? I don't think so at least. So ultimately, I think Shiro will go down a different route to D.
Old 2018-09-20, 06:48   Link #8328
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
It would be interesting to know why time is passing slower on the Earth though since I don't see why such a thing would happen naturally.
It's obviously time dilation. Whether the math makes sense though is another matter, which I wouldn't know anything of.
Old 2018-09-20, 07:39   Link #8329
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
It's obviously time dilation. Whether the math makes sense though is another matter, which I wouldn't know anything of.
To get a factor of 5 time dilation you'd need to be going at about 98% of the speed of light. That's not going to happen naturally in a stable system unless you're orbiting close to the event horizon of a black hole. Which would be hard to miss... and almost certainly lethal for any life.
Old 2018-09-20, 07:49   Link #8330
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
To get a factor of 5 time dilation you'd need to be going at about 98% of the speed of light. That's not going to happen naturally in a stable system unless you're orbiting close to the event horizon of a black hole. Which would be hard to miss... and almost certainly lethal for any life.
or just put the planet or entire star system in a time dilation field
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-20, 08:12   Link #8331
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
or just put the planet or entire star system in a time dilation field
If you basically mean "D did it with magic" then that was my original suggestion
Old 2018-09-20, 20:18   Link #8332
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Nah, orbiting a black-hole would actually give you the opposite result, because being near a gravity well slows time down for you. (Orbit near a black hole for a few days, you come out to find a few years passed outside) (forget what I said. Somehow got what you were saying mixed up)

Anyways, I think it's maybe possible if the higgs field in that region of space is at a different energy level than in our corner of the universe. But this would probably necessitate that the world Kumo is so far beyond the Observable Universe, to the point of absurdity. And I don't really understand quantum physics all that well, so I could be wrong in my understanding of how quantum fields work, and what affect the Higgs field would have on the flow of time. But the higgs field gives particles their mass, and mass/energy causes time to "slow down", if you will.
Again, I have no idea what kind of effect this scenario would actually have on the physical world, and it's really much more likely to be D's doing.

Last edited by Rageth; 2018-09-20 at 22:40.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 11:02   Link #8333
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Anyways, I think it's maybe possible if the higgs field in that region of space is at a different energy level than in our corner of the universe. But this would probably necessitate that the world Kumo is so far beyond the Observable Universe, to the point of absurdity. And I don't really understand quantum physics all that well, so I could be wrong in my understanding of how quantum fields work, and what affect the Higgs field would have on the flow of time. But the higgs field gives particles their mass, and mass/energy causes time to "slow down", if you will.
IIRC various attempts have been made to measure that the laws of physics are consistent both with regards to space and time and it seems that they are. Given how the author has been about real physics and the like I doubt such a thing would be introduced without some kind of reason or justification.

Quote:
Again, I have no idea what kind of effect this scenario would actually have on the physical world, and it's really much more likely to be D's doing.
Yup. We've seen in the past that very tiny hints/facts can sometimes be important later on. Or at least get explained. I somehow find the idea that D messed with time for some trivial reason to be fairly amusing and also emphasises just how much she prioritises her own goals (amusement) over anything else. But we shall see - maybe there's some other reason.

Incidentally, we still don't know which planet (if any) is the "baseline". ie did D slow down time on Earth or is it the other planet/system where time was sped up? (Side note, time dilation can only slow down time not speed it up) I suspect it's much more likely to be the later but who knows - it could be either depending on the reasons.

PS On a completely different note, the following thought occurred to me while watching Overlord: not only is the MC overpowered he's also rather lucky - while a lot of things fall into place by design, random coincidences help him quite often as well (though not always). This series is very much on "hard mode" from the start by comparison both in terms of the problems that need solving and the amount of luck required to get through those problems. I tried thinking through the occasions when our spider MC really benefits from random coincidences and I don't thinks many at all. It feels to me more like our MC is "unlucky" rather than "lucky".

The main one I can think of in the WN is finding the underground MA Energy plant (starting in chapter 197). Even if she was doing lots of digging at the time, if we consider the size of the planet it would take quite a bit of luck to find such a thing so quickly. Remember that Gyurie needed several years to check the whole planet. On the other hand, it's not like our MC needed to find that place at the time - as shown by the LN.

It could be argued that meeting the conditions to become a god was luck. It was certainly surprising but our MC was aiming for it in the first place, it just came sooner rather than later. It feels more like an earned opportunity though to be honest we still don't know the requirements to become a god within the System. If there was no realistic way to become a god except using such a method then it feels more like luck but for all we know our MC could have become god by spending her huge pile of spare skill points on Divinity Area Expansion LV10, for example.

It could be argued that coming across Sophia being attacked by the bandits was luck, but it was really luck for Sophia - it didn't directly benefit our MC. So far, Sophia hasn't proved to be crucial for the story (though she is certainly a welcome addition).

It could be argued that D creating Wisdom for our MC was luck but it was more like an earned reward and I don't think catching D's eye can be considered luck - as the current story arc shows, D prioritises having fun and will screw you over for fun just as quickly as she'll help you for fun.

Just to be clear: this is not to argue that being "unlucky" is a good thing or not, or that it makes for a superior story. It's more like an aspect of the story telling style. Ie "luck" for the MC in Overlord is more fitting within the overall story style. If our spider MC got a lot of obvious luck it would actually undermine the story. I'm posing this question more to see if anyone agrees with my analysis.
Old 2018-09-23, 22:51   Link #8334
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
IIRC various attempts have been made to measure that the laws of physics are consistent both with regards to space and time and it seems that they are. Given how the author has been about real physics and the like I doubt such a thing would be introduced without some kind of reason or justification.
What I described is not totally outside the laws of physics. Kinda. Quantum fields have energy levels, which all naturally tend towards a vacuum state (the state at which they have the lowest energy). We currently think that the Higgs field is the only field that hasn't reached this state, and is actually a false vacuum, and this is probably why we still have mass; if the false vacuum ever breaks (and the higgs field reaches a true quantum vacuum), chemistry as we know it breaks, and this would lead to an ever-expanding bubble of doom spreading out at the speed of light.
On the other side, supposing the higgs field's false vacuum is at a state with less energy, this might mean that in this region of the universe, everything has less mass, and thus experiences time "faster" than on Earth. (tho again, there would probably be other noticeable differences than just time going a bit faster, and I'm not a physicist)

Quote:
(Side note, time dilation can only slow down time not speed it up)
We are all already being "Slowed down" anyways by virtue of having mass, and being on a planet, near a star, in a galaxy, each with their own gravity wells that "slow us down".
Photons on the other hand have zero mass, and as such experience their beginning and end simultaneously. From the perspective of a photon created at the dawn of the Big Bang, 0 time has passed in these 13 billion years.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 06:58   Link #8335
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

My goodness long story short "ITS MAGIC!!!" Its all possible with MAGIC!!
Old 2018-10-19, 07:07   Link #8336
tsunade666

Go Explode!!!

Old 2018-10-19, 09:01   Link #8337
kari-no-sugata II

Any particular reason why you're posting something from much earlier in the series? Feeling bored?

On another note, there's been some curious things in the manga lately. Eg, some subtle hints about the contents of Taboo that haven't yet come up in the LNs IIRC. I wonder if the manga author simply read ahead into the WN or what. Or did Baba Okina suggest these changes? It's not a bad thing...

One thing that occurred to me is that when we see former body-in-charge doing the mental attack/merge on Ariel (which the manga should get to next year), maybe it would be a good idea to show some of Ariel's old memories at that point, from the pre-System days. Basically, add a bit more foreshadowing of certain things.

If we assume that the anime will be 2 cour and will end around the end of LN5, then one thing that will come up right at the end will be the reveal that there's ancient and advanced technology around. In the longer LN series, this is merely the first reveal but in the anime, since it would appear near the end it would feel a bit too sudden, so it would probably be a good idea to introduce extra foreshadowing for that...

Or am I just overthinking things?
Old 2018-10-19, 09:13   Link #8338
tsunade666

Bored? true, that one is from 2016. Its an old one but that scene just made me want to yell! GO EXPLODE!!!

plus...... bored. true. no update >_>

I want to know what happen next in the god battle. How long the time difference is from inside the battle dimension and the outside dimension. The winner is already decided if Shiro just run away and take over the space but I'm still more eager on how the outside world would react.
Old 2018-10-19, 11:03   Link #8339
kari-no-sugata II

At a guess the author is busy regarding the anime and LN10. At a guess we're not going to see LN10 in November, since it's a bit too late for that now. Hopefully December then...

Yeah, I'd like to see what's going on too, particularly outside. For example, we had a "System broadcast" about the "evil god" recently. Would there have been something similar for the fight starting between the two gods? (Seems like something D would enjoy) Has Shiro been able to make any sort of contact with the outside world? Etc.

If the pope wanted to launch an attack on the "demons", now would be a particularly good time. I wonder if Shiro can control her clones outside still? I would guess so though most of them would be moving to there fight scene but I'm sure Shiro would want some around, just in case - eg to protect Ariel.
Old 2018-10-20, 14:49   Link #8340
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Quote:

Yeah, I'd like to see what's going on too, particularly outside. For example, we had a "System broadcast" about the "evil god" recently. Would there have been something similar for the fight starting between the two gods? (Seems like something D would enjoy) Has Shiro been able to make any sort of contact with the outside world? Etc.

If the pope wanted to launch an attack on the "demons", now would be a particularly good time. I wonder if Shiro can control her clones outside still? I would guess so though most of them would be moving to there fight scene but I'm sure Shiro would want some around, just in case - eg to protect Ariel.
Eh? Why attack the demons?? If pope really see what our white evil god plans to do......wont that mean nothing? Waste of effort demons is just a pawn after all now that they are basically useless for her(except felmina) theres no point is it?

What interesting is what kind of plan there is to stop a god from her world wide massacre project which near completed

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation