AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 12:55   Link #21
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Le'see...

Spoiler for ~~:
Spoiler for >-< (why didn't I think about using >-< for spoiler thingy earlier):

Quote:
Spoiler for ~~:
Spoiler for >-<:

Quote:
Spoiler for ~~:
Spoiler for >-<:

Quote:
Spoiler for ~~:
Spoiler for >-<:

Quote:
Spoiler for ~~:
Spoiler for >-<:

Quote:
Except for the Prez and Vice Prez, who are second years, and the 1st year trainees, the student council is absent. It stands to reason the others are third years and away on internships. It stands to reason the whole student council and not just the presidents is picked on a power-basis, so usually, the WHOLE student council will consist of third years. Who will be away. Who's ever going to do the job they're supposed to do? (If the student council consisted of "the strongest 2nd year students", the fact that the others' absence hasn't been noted and explained yet is a completely new magnitude of writing fail, so I ignored it)

Also, a system where the third years are out of school all the time sounds stupid to me. Just make the school 2 years long and add 1 year of mandatory internships or hands-on training in several areas. But I guess then you'd lose the oh so important "high school lasts 3 years". *sigh*

Yes, maybe everything can be explained, but that something so fundamental has yet to be explained to make sense just screams FAILURE in my eyes.
Oh I see. Never thought about that.

I just went along with it since I've read worst plot lines and thinking to deeply on harem LNs hurts the mind to much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Sorry Log, but what's VC stand for? Also, isn't Phalanx supposed to be Phenex? I just looked it up and there's no Phalanx in the list of 72 demons.
VC=Vice captain.

And yeah it's Phenex.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:39   Link #22
Kadi
知識の探求者

Hmm... having only ~~ and >-< to describe the spoilers is inconvenient after all...

Spoiler for @dad:

Spoiler for @summoner vs swordsman:

Spoiler for @discrimination:

While I can easily ignore weak plot elements, just like you, it got a bit much here. And once I start wondering... It's just so much easier/more enjoyable to read an LN with less weaknesses or where I don't notice them. This one still has its strengths, mainly in the protagonist department, and the heroines aren't too bad even if the harem antics are a bit bland, but I can't just ignore the amount and persistence of the weaknesses. But I don't hate it or think it's horrible beyond saving (before someone gets me wrong again...)

Last edited by Kadi; 2013-07-22 at 13:58.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 18:45   Link #23
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:

That's basically my point.
Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 06:27   Link #24
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Wow I think this is almost exactly like serei tsukai no blade dance but I guess I'll add this to my LN and see how it goes after all I'm a harem lover lol

Btw where can I read this its not on BT
Old 2013-07-23, 06:35   Link #25
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Wow I think this is almost exactly like serei tsukai no blade dance but I guess I'll add this to my LN and see how it goes after all I'm a harem lover lol

Btw where can I read this its not on BT
Keep on begging whise, and he might start translating it
Old 2013-07-23, 06:38   Link #26
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

So this isn't even translated yet? Damn lol I was looking to read this
Old 2013-07-23, 14:48   Link #27
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Hmm... having only ~~ and >-< to describe the spoilers is inconvenient after all...
But it's fun. >-<

Quote:
Spoiler for @dad:
Spoiler for dad:

Quote:
Spoiler for @summoner vs swordsman:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for @discrimination:
Spoiler for response:

Quote:
While I can easily ignore weak plot elements, just like you, it got a bit much here. And once I start wondering... It's just so much easier/more enjoyable to read an LN with less weaknesses or where I don't notice them. This one still has its strengths, mainly in the protagonist department, and the heroines aren't too bad even if the harem antics are a bit bland, but I can't just ignore the amount and persistence of the weaknesses. But I don't hate it or think it's horrible beyond saving (before someone gets me wrong again...)
Eh, I turn my brain on "make up bullshit well thought out reason" mode every time a LN has a irrational plot line.

Tis how I made it through Infinite Shithead, Hell no Aria, and Titties of the New Sister Devil IS, HnA, and TotNSD without raging at it............to much.

As long as the main characters don't irk me and the plot's not to bad I'm fine with it.

Out of curiosity what's your definition of a LN without a weakness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
That's basically my point.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Keep on begging whise, and he might start translating it
No.

You don't need to do something as lowly as begging.

Just give me all your money and I'll translate it for you while begging you to keep reading it.

As a incentive for that I'll even give you a free summary.

Spoiler for chapter 3 summary:
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 17:31   Link #28
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:

Spoiler for response:

Eh, I turn my brain on "make up bullshit well thought out reason" mode every time a LN has a irrational plot line.

Tis how I made it through Infinite Shithead, Hell no Aria, and Titties of the New Sister Devil IS, HnA, and TotNSD without raging at it............to much.

As long as the main characters don't irk me and the plot's not to bad I'm fine with it.

Out of curiosity what's your definition of a LN without a weakness?
LN without weakness... haven't found one yet. But I like seeing likeable, developing characters, dynamic interaction, a decently paced plot and a world that doesn't make me shout "bullshit" all the time. I like subtlety. I hate copy-paste characters, violent tsunderes that don't grow out of it, messed-up pacing, the emotional sledgehammer and any kind of facepalming outside of comedy.
Thus I didn't even bother with IS and HnA, dropped Hagure Yuusha during the first volume and only bore with Titties of New Sister Devil because I hoped for more molesting... because said New Sister Devil has a nice scene every once in a while, but that alone's not enough. Not a fan of HS DxD, either... (if we limit the examples to action harem LNs)

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for Reply:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:10   Link #29
whsie

Quote:

Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 17:36   Link #30
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

uhm guys sorry to disturb your arguments but is there any place i can read this? as a LN or a manga?

Searched everywhere and there's no trace if this anywhere sad life

Last edited by sapper; 2013-08-02 at 09:27.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:09   Link #31
cloud04
Scanlator

seems this well be getting a manga version next month
Old 2013-09-27, 07:58   Link #32
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Thank god I've been wanting to read this...
Old 2013-09-27, 10:36   Link #33
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Thank god I've been wanting to read this...
lol the question is..who's gonna do it ;p im already have my hands full in getting 2 new series scanlated
Old 2013-09-27, 10:58   Link #34
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Good question but I'm sure someone will pick it up. Btw cloud what ones are you scanlating?
Old 2013-09-27, 11:05   Link #35
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Good question but I'm sure someone will pick it up. Btw cloud what ones are you scanlating?
still not sure..no1 is picking up meiyaku just yet..even though ch 1 just came out..but really not much..translators would pick if they like it..just like how our LN tlors do stuff..if they like it they'll TL it.. about what im gonna scanlate?thats a secret
Old 2013-09-27, 11:12   Link #36
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Oh ok I guess I'll find out later then lol but I thought you were working on an LN too?
Old 2013-09-27, 11:14   Link #37
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Oh ok I guess I'll find out later then lol but I thought you were working on an LN too?
i work for mangas..but most of what i pick up are LN original..esp since i saw them,have some1 tell me synopsis and then could look all over the place for a manga version..and if it does..i notice it..would try to pick it up..i would be the one who started over image,absolute duo,kenshin,baroque knight,asterisk,shinmai manga versions
Old 2013-09-27, 12:01   Link #38
tsunade666

Thanks for the argument and summary. It gives me the idea of the story and it interest me.

I'm not much of a fan of a harem/ecchi story, specially if its making the story go but if the character development is good then I'm sold for the story.

The character and the plot is what makes the story for me great.

Is Mio the twin tail blond girl in the first post? since I'm a sucker for twintails and blonds

Novel illustrations?
Old 2013-09-27, 17:34   Link #39
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
seems this well be getting a manga version next month
Comic Alive?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 01:42   Link #40
kazzuya13

Is there any links for the illustration cause the summary made me curious as to what they look like.

Tags
action, bakapervert, borderline hentai, drama, ecchi, fantasy, harem, maids, myth, romance, swords and magic, tragedy, true harem