Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 02:15   Link #1
WaffleZ
Hylian Blademaster

Rather specific criteria... help?

Hey guys,

This time I'm looking for something a little bit on the fringes. I haven't seen too much of this genre or style around, be it manga or anime- but here's what I'm looking for:

-Sukeban female lead (For those of you unaware, sukeban means a female gang boss leader- like a high school delinquent.)
-Normal male lead (Average guy stuff)
-School setting
-Female lead is usually tsundere (acts like a tough-girl gang boss, but the moment the male lead comes around, she melts to a sweetheart or gets very lovestruck.)
-Comedy (not too serious, but hopefully enough to give you those heartfelt "aww" moments)

The two I'm reading currently are Onidere and Yandere Kanojo- and I love them both. They're pretty much what I'm looking for (if you need plot synopsis, click the spoilers tab.)

Spoiler for Synopsis:

Romance between your average run-of-the-mill guy, and your superpowered delinquent girl. Funny story, touching moments and whatever else makes a good story- if you know one, please suggest it to me!

Oh, and there are certain series that I don't have too much of an eye for. Akuma to Love Song was something I just couldn't get into.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 2010-05-19, 02:33   Link #2
jedinat

The Gokusen manga is very good. Main character is a high school teacher and the daughter of a yakuza family. The male lead is one of her students... romance is hinted at throughout, but picks up near the end. The guy is handsome and stronger than average, but still a normal person. The protagonist is super strong (and a bit of a tsundere). The manga can also be quite hilarious.

You might also be interested in Yanki-kun to Megane-chan. It features a rather normal delinquent boy and a super overpowered delinquent girl. I'm behind on the releases and there was no real romance in the first few volumes I read, but I'd guess there eventually will be. It starts out as mostly just gag comedy, but I believe it becomes more substantial later on.
Old 2010-05-19, 16:07   Link #3
WaffleZ
Hylian Blademaster

The thing I like about Onidere and Yandere Kanojo is the blatant contrast between the two characters involved. If the guy is a delinquent too, it takes away a good portion of the element. :\
Old 2010-05-19, 16:46   Link #4
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleZ View Post
The thing I like about Onidere and Yandere Kanojo is the blatant contrast between the two characters involved. If the guy is a delinquent too, it takes away a good portion of the element. :\
Well, I was just throwing Yanki-kun to Megane-chan out there as it shares similar elements (and the relationship probably works similarly because the girl has no common sense, while the guy does)... I've read Onidere and Yandere Kanojo and they are the only manga I've come across based around that particular gag.
Old 2010-05-20, 11:03   Link #5
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
doesnt have comedy i think...its been a while since i saw it but sukeban deka( anime) might do it for you.
Old 2010-05-21, 23:11   Link #6
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

For sure:
Kaichou wa Maid-sama

This may be a long shot but it has parts of your criteria:
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Spoiler for Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka:

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Closed Thread

Tags