AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-13, 17:02   Link #10681
Garn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
I'll keep reading but it gives a headache
First of all the development is fast, nobody complains about being sold or used for war
The MC is told that he has a poor amount and stays with that idea, he does not doubt it despite the fact that abnormal things happen when he is present
Obviously the mecha are excavated and there is one near the MC ..., everyone already knows that story
And the worst. personally, at the end of some episodes some typical omen phrase like "we were all happy but no one realized what was coming"
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 22:53   Link #10682
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
Seeing some yuushas be hating on isekai royals and gods for "kidnapping" them from earth

Fuck'em yuushas! Kidnap ME plz isekai gods!
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 23:15   Link #10683
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth 616
That's actually good instead of being usual boring kind dude.
__________________
http://postimage.org/image/tp5dnhyx7/
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 03:51   Link #10684
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
That's actually good instead of being usual boring kind dude.
Depend I mean, generally, hating royal or gods for kidnapping them is a sign that the story going down the edgy route for me. Leave the case that the royal or gods are actually douche or using the summon for pure political reason aside, many times hating just not make sense. I mean, their world is literally dying so they are desperate for anything. I mean, many MC justified their act as they desperate so they have no choice and they most get a pass, this is way more prevalent in CN novels though it does sometimes exist in Jp and Kr as well. I mean, our world politicians and kings in the past done way worse thing, so earth is definitely not some kind of heaven here.

Last edited by dragon1412; 2021-01-21 at 04:02.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 16:44   Link #10685
sasuke706
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
many times hating just not make sense. I mean, their world is literally dying so they are desperate for anything.
There's little reason for heroes and other summoned people to like the people that summon them.

1. The hero usually don't get a choice in their immigration. That's minus points off the start.
2. They're being forced to abandon everything they were. The knowledge relative to where they live, their home, their friends, assets, everything they built up over their entire life becomes meaningless. And they have no choice to but to change their chosen lifestyle to something completely else, regardless if they assist in hero nonsense or not. Often they'll be made into criminals if they refuse.
3. It's for a cause they have no reason to believe in. They don't know anything about the new world. No one they know will be in danger until the Stockholm effect kicks in. On top of that, they're being encouraged/forced to fix this with their life on the line despite all logic dictating they aren't suitable to do so.
4. The natives to the world are literally shoving their problems onto the 'hero,' an unrelated outsider.


The people who readily agree to help and just go along with it either already had nothing left to lose or have such a disconnect from their own life there's no way they could be considered relatable to anyone else. Or I suppose they could just be ignorant to the gravity the situation they've been put in — which should in all rights hit them later.
Like I suppose if the person had a background in helping others, as a volunteer, or officer or nurse or something then it'd be more reasonable — but they don't. It's always just a random kid or adult unrelated to life-risking services or volunteer ones.

It's not so bad when it 'just happens.' If you just suddenly appear in another world the hate aspect lessens as there's nowhere to direct it, so it fades easier. Like being victimized by a natural disaster.

To me they need more reason to like the people that summoned them rather than hate them, a lot more. Of course that's different from being openly hostile. Most the time they're okay with this kinda thing is 'I read it in a light novel and hoped this would happen to me' kinda thing — no actual reasons. But that also goes into the depth of most main characters on Narou being painfully shallow anyway. I never particularly liked how light novel knowledge somehow helps them get through the initial summoning despite there being countless scenarios that can derive from just being summoned by royalty.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 17:47   Link #10686
XFire
150% done
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I always end up wondering why the entity behind the isekai never just asks the target if they want to come. Like if the kingdom or whatever has evil intentions that's one thing, but how hard would it be for a god to go "hey can you help these guys out, I'll give you a bunch of powers and there's a lot of cute girls"
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 18:11   Link #10687
Kyureki
Part-time Translator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
^ Tbf, some stories do mention at some point or other that the hero summoning will only grab those with little to no attachment to their world.
__________________
Kyureki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 03:06   Link #10688
Amelgar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Have been kinda disappointed with the direction 俺にはこの暗がりが心地よかった has been going.

Primarily around how the MC is affected by Liflea. It's like the more she and Hikaru bond, Hikaru's resolve to revive Nanami gets smaller.

Not much of a fan of Liflea as a heroine either...
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 09:26   Link #10689
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
There's little reason for heroes and other summoned people to like the people that summon them.

1. The hero usually don't get a choice in their immigration. That's minus points off the start.
2. They're being forced to abandon everything they were. The knowledge relative to where they live, their home, their friends, assets, everything they built up over their entire life becomes meaningless. And they have no choice to but to change their chosen lifestyle to something completely else, regardless if they assist in hero nonsense or not. Often they'll be made into criminals if they refuse.
3. It's for a cause they have no reason to believe in. They don't know anything about the new world. No one they know will be in danger until the Stockholm effect kicks in. On top of that, they're being encouraged/forced to fix this with their life on the line despite all logic dictating they aren't suitable to do so.
4. The natives to the world are literally shoving their problems onto the 'hero,' an unrelated outsider.


The people who readily agree to help and just go along with it either already had nothing left to lose or have such a disconnect from their own life there's no way they could be considered relatable to anyone else. Or I suppose they could just be ignorant to the gravity the situation they've been put in which should in all rights hit them later.
Like I suppose if the person had a background in helping others, as a volunteer, or officer or nurse or something then it'd be more reasonable but they don't. It's always just a random kid or adult unrelated to life-risking services or volunteer ones.

It's not so bad when it 'just happens.' If you just suddenly appear in another world the hate aspect lessens as there's nowhere to direct it, so it fades easier. Like being victimized by a natural disaster.

To me they need more reason to like the people that summoned them rather than hate them, a lot more. Of course that's different from being openly hostile. Most the time they're okay with this kinda thing is 'I read it in a light novel and hoped this would happen to me' kinda thing no actual reasons. But that also goes into the depth of most main characters on Narou being painfully shallow anyway. I never particularly liked how light novel knowledge somehow helps them get through the initial summoning despite there being countless scenarios that can derive from just being summoned by royalty.
That's a very good point, but I would say this only build on the fact that MC is having large connection with their before the transfer. I'd agree on school kid, but I'd say the scale is a lot more subtle if said otherworlder is a working adult, our economic system atm isn't working that well, and clearly is taking a toll more on younger workforce. Especially in case of Japan right now. This hate or like is depend a lot more on the conditions of said transferee before they got summoned. I think I should rephrase my previous sentences as openly hostile instead of hating, hating does make sense, but I still don't think there is much points or reason of summoned people being openly hostile with the summoner.

I do agree that I read it in a light novels and accept it is not a good reason though, I'd prefer more if the summoning process is given more plot important reason. Or that there is something tied to it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 07:26   Link #10690
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
But they were given cheats to do almost whatever they want

You can be thankful for that at least

I wanna do adventures and not being hindered by freaking broken shoes fack
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 07:45   Link #10691
Amelgar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Let's be serious, the real reason their upset is the loss of the internet ;D
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 10:33   Link #10692
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
But they were given cheats to do almost whatever they want

You can be thankful for that at least

I wanna do adventures and not being hindered by freaking broken shoes fack
well in case of having cheat, I'd say that take a entirely different scenario. I mean, if cheat is given by gods it can have little to deal any of the summoner.

I think that almost everyone would want to adventure freely though,

^Depend, I mean, Internet is actually quite weanable, personal experiences when the cable near my house got chewed apart by mouse, I was going through without Internet for a week. Frankly, In my eyes, what really hurt is modern convenience and Hygiene, especially hygiene, I mean, going back to squatting toilet and using leaf or tree bark to wipe your ass is an entirely different beast.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 23:37   Link #10693
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^Most hygiene problem can be solved with water magic, if the isekai civ hasn't already developed equal or even better infrastructures

I see some isekai stories are using slime to deal with wastes
There are also purification magic that is actually crazy coz it can seemingly pinpoint erase matters?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 04:19   Link #10694
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Most hygiene can be solved even without magic and it was. If fantasy cities are at least as hygienic as majority of their medieval counterparts there should be no problem.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 04:32   Link #10695
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Listen to you guys, It's really bizzare imagine someone conjuring magic while squatting on the toilet
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 07:31   Link #10696
Rasty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
^ You can have a magic circle integrated into the toilet seat. Ignoring cleaning magic, bidet should be pretty easy.

I think this depends a lot, but the typical loner otaku that gets isekaied the most is actually more likely to miss all of the technology than a person with normal connections. After all, new connections can get forged easily there too, but if you are socially awkward you are gonna be in isekai too and on top of that you won't have any of your means of letting off steam (playing games, watching anime, reading, etc.). As for techniques to make the heroes more cooperative, the best one is a honey trap. It doesn't have any real downsides or potential for backlash and even if not 100% successful it also prevents the worst-case scenarios (that blackmail and threats actually encourage).

Teenagers tend to think a lot by their lower halves (especially boys that also have no experience) so throwing a beautiful, well behaved, yet respected and high-status princess on them likely does the trick for most. If she is good enough to hold the reins deftly it's great and if not the hero is likely to still provide at least some help and refrain from harming her country to not hurt the princess (additional benefit, she doesn't have to even do anything or even know the scheme, just her presence does most of the work).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 16:21   Link #10697
Garn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
In relatively more serious novels where there is a higher being(s) who gives a mission to the MC and the power to fulfill it
I don't understand why the MC is never rewarded properly, basically the MC saves the world even the gods
In these, the MC will fulfill the mission for a tragedy that he suffered, but the reward is never to reverse that tragedy
And the only pretext is the "rules", which only affects when it comes to the MC

"Thank you for saving everyone!, you can keep the power that was given to you (sometimes not) to fulfill the mission we gave you and with the fruits of your effort in this journey as a reward, forget about all those you lost, the "manual" says that we cannot touch that even though we are the ones who manage this world, we are also too weak to do something for a few people, it is not like we have created this whole world "
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-30, 04:14   Link #10698
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
to be fair, free travel and cheat themed Isekai is born precisely because of that context, as in, the entire trip and mission purpose reward simply just isn't worth it, for people who works in our world where the compensations isn't worth it as well, it simply throw a wet blanket on the entire journey and MC effort and sacrifice. Of course this is also depend a lot on novel context and world building, I remember some that make some sense like a person sacrifice to became a pillar support the world or something, so revive him is obviously impossible since revive mean losing said pillar.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 03:21   Link #10699
Garn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
I don't know why I decided to delete some excluded tags, big mistake, like "追放" and "ざまぁ"
I find myself with an avalanche greater than before excluding them and now with a new tag "もう遅い"
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-05, 06:33   Link #10700
charasu
DigiDestinied
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South East Asia
lately in hi-fantasy ranking, this keyword ["戻って" "遅い" "手遅れ" "知らん"] became rampant =_=
__________________
This size of this sig is beyond what A-S permits.
charasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
web novel, website

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.