AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-21, 13:37   Link #601
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
I didn't think much about it before, but this really drove home that this worlds morals are way diffrent then we are used to. None of the girls was turned away by the casual comment about sex.
yeah that is the thing peoples are using they own "moral compass" to make some crap statments without really pay attention to the world build.

it's clear which in the world which do have "polygami" harem, peoples are taught at young "about sex" and at young age are expected to already know about sex and already have some 'horny" toughts and actions(like masturbation), then it's clear which you can't apply you own "real world" which sometimes i really doubt if it's "really real" or peoples just being "too puritans" and try to ditacted what someone can do in the bed.

the point is in this world being "perv" is normal even rudy mother while she is against "harem and polygamy" and is monogamic this don't means which she is "puritan and try to hidde about sex, is the opposite she have also was much into sex almost as her husband and don't mind the husband talk about "womans" and even herself give some advices, this world sex is not something to be "creeped out" as much as some peoples do in real world.

we already showed which this world sex is something so common as much as "breath" and something not be ashamed to talk about.
Old 2021-02-21, 13:39   Link #602
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No, because our world doesn't have magic.

I already commented on it:
Considering the scummy male charas that the show has shown. It can't be helped that I expect the worst. But if it turns out not that way, then I can only be happy about it.
Except all magic so far used common language....
Old 2021-02-21, 14:45   Link #603
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
wow at this point is no more just about "hate the show" but make lies to justify they "hate over the show".
Indeed, after seven episodes, full spoilers and a detailed reply from the author i'm impressed too, at least here is not reddit where you'll lose all your mental synapses cause the amount of trolls and out of hands 1 post accounts spamming.

Anyway, it was another gorgeous episode.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 15:02   Link #604
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

the sparring animation is so good
I hope if this animation has battle scene, it won't be disappointing

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 15:28   Link #605
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Philip knows he's Paul's son though and just wants to make sure he uses protection (which apparently exists in this medieval fantasy society) .
Condoms have existed for like 5,000 years.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 15:59   Link #606
rladls2121

Is it just me or is Rudeus miss Roxy, maybe even more than Sylphiette at this point?
He wants to save "Slyphy" for the farther future I guess.
No, i can understand how he loves Roxy, and i'm going to pretend how it is understandable for him wanting to lick her feet? Knowing that it is one of his motivations to work harder.
But he calls his self-made figurine of Roxy's underneath, "Kami" = "Goddess"? Complete Insanity
It is not even the real underwear he "forgot" to bring it with him, it is his self made underwear of sorts, so this is the next level.
Just because he could not get Eris's, he decide to make one.
Damn it, I don't think he is going to stop doing that in near future.

Eris, she is not going to stop hitting Rudeus hard like that is she? Can she stop doing that?
I feel sorry for him, every time I see that.
And wow, she is really attached to Ghyslaine isn't she?
When Eris said "See!? Rudeus is amazing!", for her to say that proudly out in the open, it's really an achievement right there.

I know this isn't new, but so many old looking men standing in line just to say "Happy Birthday".
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 16:17   Link #607
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I know this isn't new, but so many old looking men standing in line just to say "Happy Birthday".
That's more for the benefit of the lord than anything else. Sort of like how early in Log Horizon Rayneshia commented that more than half of the people who went on and on about her ethereal beauty were just saying it as a sign of respect to her grandfather. If anything they're interested in making her a daughter-in-law (and thus gaining a political connection to the Greyrat household).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 16:33   Link #608
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
That's more for the benefit of the lord than anything else. Sort of like how early in Log Horizon Rayneshia commented that more than half of the people who went on and on about her ethereal beauty were just saying it as a sign of respect to her grandfather. If anything they're interested in making her a daughter-in-law (and thus gaining a political connection to the Greyrat household).
I'm actually focused more on the "old looking men" part. Just my weird thoughts actually. I mean they are not Rudeus, but still.
Old 2021-02-21, 17:05   Link #609
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I'm actually focused more on the "old looking men" part. Just my weird thoughts actually. I mean they are not Rudeus, but still.
Seriously I think you're reading too much into this. This is presented as one of those traditions you often see where a noble child at a certain age is first introduced to "society". Such occasions are big events and it is common practice for nobles to attend. Partly this is a sign of respect for the child's parents, partly a sort of assessment of the future heirs and scions of one another's families, and partly to have their own children who've reached an appropriate age interact with them. Having a daughter who's friends with a high-ranking noble's daughter can be advantageous. Having a son who's close to her even more so. Showing or failing to show proper respect to the child can have a huge impact on relations between households, as can the spread of rumors about the suitability of one's children or the quality of their upbringing. We're not talking about old men eager to get a look at a hot ten-year-old, we're talking about heads of noble households attending a very important social function of which Eris has the misfortune of being the focus.
Old 2021-02-21, 17:06   Link #610
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hearing the uncle describing "the usage of Beast God Language to get beast-servants" sounds really really ominous. I just hope (beyond hope) that the language is not being (ab)used by the Greyrats (or others) to make another race their servants.
Beast people in that world usually don't get proper jobs even as a maid, because like many other Isekai series, Beast people face a lot of racism and most end up being real slaves or adventurers (with their life on the line) or in the case of beast women even prostitute.

In that regard, the Greyrat's are actually decent because they employ Beast people (even if its for their fetish) who are neglected by others.

As for taking advantage of the maids and having sex with them (not sure if "advantage " would be the right word here, since we don't know if they are really taken advantage or they are willingly doing it). Truthfully that isn't really that odd as things like that used to be quite common in reality as well (especially considering the era setting). Its just that, here the maids are beast people, rather than human.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 17:18   Link #611
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Seriously I think you're reading too much into this. This is presented as one of those traditions you often see where a noble child at a certain age is first introduced to "society". Such occasions are big events and it is common practice for nobles to attend. Partly this is a sign of respect for the child's parents, partly a sort of assessment of the future heirs and scions of one another's families, and partly to have their own children who've reached an appropriate age interact with them. Having a daughter who's friends with a high-ranking noble's daughter can be advantageous. Having a son who's close to her even more so. Showing or failing to show proper respect to the child can have a huge impact on relations between households, as can the spread of rumors about the suitability of one's children or the quality of their upbringing. We're not talking about old men eager to get a look at a hot ten-year-old, we're talking about heads of noble households attending a very important social function of which Eris has the misfortune of being the focus.
Excuse me, I was just jokingly reading into this, nothing serious.
I understand what you are saying though.

Then knowing this is the case, this might be one of those plots that Rudeus and Eris has to deal with these upcoming conspiracy.
Old 2021-02-21, 18:08   Link #612
maximilianjenus
[E]

next episode title, omg. it was worth waiting for the ed to finish just to read those words. i have been waiting the whole season for it.

good comment before, knowing the content i was expecting to snooze this episode, but the sakuga made up for it. as we have not seen sauros wife its safe to assume he is widowed, so having some fun on the side sounds ok as long as the girls are ok with it. kind of wanted ghislaine to finish telling that story, tho.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 18:30   Link #613
Blueknight78

Another thing which i do feel interesting the eris mother hates toward rudy, more and more i feel which probably this woman in the past had a crush on rudy father and he never take her serious and for some "noble agreements reason she ended marrying the cousin and after paul married rudy mother she ended loosing her last hope to have something with him and this lead her to hate rudy, because he remember her which she lost rudy father.
Old 2021-02-21, 18:38   Link #614
grecefar

its more believable that paul slept with her and then run away.
grecefar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 18:40   Link #615
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
its more believable that paul slept with her and then run away.
yeah that also would be possible
Old 2021-02-21, 18:41   Link #616
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post

as we have not seen sauros wife its safe to assume he is widowed
I got interested by this fact, but couldn't find anything. What happened to his wife? There isn't even a name mentioned anywhere. It's like, she never existed .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 19:01   Link #617
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Another thing which i do feel interesting the eris mother hates toward rudy, more and more i feel which probably this woman in the past had a crush on rudy father and he never take her serious and for some "noble agreements reason she ended marrying the cousin and after paul married rudy mother she ended loosing her last hope to have something with him and this lead her to hate rudy, because he remember her which she lost rudy father.
There could be other reasons. One that I can think of is that she is is turning her nose up to Rudeus being the son of Paul due to Paul could possibly be the black sheep of the Greyrat family by being an Adventurer. Thus, Paul could be considered to have ditched the family business for a lower class job/career as an Adventurer. A job/career that is open to beast people which would otherwise be menial workers and possibly slaves.

Furthermore, due to Paul choosing for him and his family to live in the countryside far from the towns and cities, Rudeus is still seen by her as an uncivilised country boy. The class snobbery is at play. Probably rankles her that Rudeus is also younger AND is the one teaching her precious daughter.

The show continues to be very well produced with a lot of attention to detail to present a very well realised world. This includes little detials like the tint of Rudeus' cold fingers as he tries to warm them up. This looks like a labour of love by the show's producers.

Before I forget, thank you for calling out those who ""hate the show" but make lies to justify they "hate over the show" and doing the explanation (https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...94#post6461194).

I find that a number of people hating on this show watch it by applying their own moral sensibilities on the show and not allowing the show to work within the context of that world and its environment. Certain sites are known for this. Those with such thinking have congregated in those forums to post their thoughts in that echo chamber.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 19:42   Link #618
Twi

In all fairness, Rudy is the central character and came from a Japan with moral sensibilities that are similar to our own. Granted, he wasn't the most moral of people, but there's grounding for it.

I can personally overlook a lot of the cultural differences from the characters and accept it for the world its in, such as the age of consent and sex in general, not that I would personally accept it, Rudy isn't given a pass considering even with the cultural differences due to the fact that he is not a native to that world and I'm pretty sure his intentions for Sylphie or trying to strip Eris of her panties aren't appropriate for a man with the mental age of 40.

It's basically how much you can tolerate or accept the setting along with how much you can accept of the characters within it. I can logically understand a lot of the noble politics and eccentrics, so I won't complain about them when those other characters do it, but Rudy doesn't get a pass anytime he messes up.

That being said, none of that stuff will even matter for a long time if we're approaching the end of the first arc.

Last edited by Twi; 2021-02-22 at 06:58.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 20:21   Link #619
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I can personally overlook a lot of the cultural differences from the characters and accept it for the world its in, such as the age of consent and sex in general, not that I would personally accept it, Rudy isn't given a pass considering even with the cultural differences due to the fact that he is not a native to that world and I'm pretty sure his intentions for Sylphie or trying to strip Eris of her panties are appropriate for a man with the mental age of 40.
well for me it's pretty subjective, why he is not a native???, he was literally born in this world, and was taught by his parents about this world, no matter how you can say "no" biologically speaking he is a "native" of this world, one thing is if him got transported or was de-aged or others ways but since he was "born" in this world and experienced everything needed to be a "native" he is pretty much a native as anyone, this is one of the reasons most of the peoples inside the world are not really creeped or annoyed by his actions because they are stuffs you really would expectate for a kid a little more horn than normal from this world and in a fair i do feel the prince which roxy is teaching is much more perv and annoying than rudy, because at last rudy know when "to stop" while the full horn dog prince look more like a perv masochist because even after get punished still keep trying .

i do feel peoples are taking too much the his previous life as if he still the same old 30+ years guy(if i'm not wrong he is not 40 but 30+), while he do have his previous memories the current rudy is a new person born in this world just with the memories of his previous life, just because he still have his memories it don't make him the same "person".
Old 2021-02-21, 20:49   Link #620
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
So... you think Eris's mother is Severus Snape?

And Twi, that discussion has gone round and round over and over again until we got this thread blocked, and I don't think there's really anything more that can be said about it. The horse is dead. Please stop beating it.

Tags
drama, isekai