Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 20:12   Link #221
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

I mean, once Arthas is killed... Who is really stronger then him? Nothing on Azeroth that is for sure.
There's actually quite a few possibilities: Deathwing, Azshara, the third Old God (besides C'thun and the dead one in Darkshore), the elemental lords (Ragnaros was only a lieutenant of Sulfuron), whatever corrupted the Emerald Dream, random Titan, etc. They can also just make up some new enemy and say he was there all along but nobody knew about him: not like they haven't already done that several times.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:49   Link #222
Xanithor

Sargeras is sorta alive in a sense. People can beat the snot outta him.
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:16   Link #223
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
There's actually quite a few possibilities: Deathwing, Azshara, the third Old God (besides C'thun and the dead one in Darkshore), the elemental lords (Ragnaros was only a lieutenant of Sulfuron), whatever corrupted the Emerald Dream, random Titan, etc. They can also just make up some new enemy and say he was there all along but nobody knew about him: not like they haven't already done that several times.
Well the Emerald Dream thing is another realm, I meant in Azeroth
But I suppose the other ones listed might be stronger. Although I thought Arthas was now the most powerful being in Azeroth.

But I'm not much good at WoW lore.
Old 2008-01-06, 16:55   Link #224
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

They did say something like that but I think the wording was sketchy and provided for loopholes, like the strongest "known" (some unknown power could be stronger, or Deathwing is MIA and his whereabouts is not known ) or the strongest "currently" (Deathwing etc. may be somewhere else at the moment). Or they may have just retconned it like they've done with a bunch of other stuff. There's also the possibility that Arthas won't actually be defeated in the expansion and thus it won't be a measure of his real strength, but given what happened to Illidan that is pretty unlikely.
Old 2008-01-06, 17:48   Link #225
moop moop
Lord of the manor

how is lich meant to be pronounced?? like lick? o_O
moop moop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 12:38   Link #226
krisslanza

I think it's pronounced like... "L-itch". I dunno it's how I say it :P (Slur the L into itch. Lich!)
@RW:
It is possible. I mean, Arthas + Frostmourne = Should be able to kill everyone in WoW in about a hit.
Old 2008-01-07, 17:18   Link #227
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Heh, I think you're overrating him just a bit. I had thought/hoped that Northrend would be the lv 90 or 100 expansion but I don't think Arthas is quite on the "instant kill anyone" level.
Old 2008-01-07, 18:04   Link #228
krisslanza

Well he sure is in the game... (WC3 that is)
You don't mess with a guy who deals Chaos damage
Old 2008-01-07, 18:28   Link #229
Jaden

Arthas can fight, but his power, especially after donning the helmet, is of the subtle kind... mostly creating undead and corrupting the living.
But you maybe right - perhaps Arthas was at the peak of his power when he had the Frostmourne and a 30 second divine shield.
Old 2008-01-07, 18:50   Link #230
krisslanza

Not only did it last 30 seconds but it had like, what a 40 or 50 second cooldown? Now it lasts 10 seconds or something and takes 5 minutes to re-use
Old 2008-01-08, 18:52   Link #231
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
That would have to be some pretty amazing plot armor since he is very clearly dead. Having him come back now would even be beyond the level of a certain Gundam Seed Destiny character revival that everyone seemed to hate.

On another note, what server do/did you all play on? I've played on Stormscale US for almost all of my time. Started as Alliance but then got a second account and started playing Horde, which I play exclusively now (most of my old friends quit and the alliance population outside of the major raiding guilds is a bunch of idiots).
Mwu's revival wasn't the OH NOES everyone made it out to be...it's just that he "died" such a badass death that everyone wanted that to be final...but you gotta admit he pwned face in the .//hackatsuki.

Maybe blizzard was planning on keeping Illidan alive...plus, was that *really* Illidan? Want to know the truth? WHERE WERE THE PANDAS ON HIS SWORDS!? THE TRUE ILLIDAN HAS TEH PWNDA POWA!

As for Arthas dying, what if you simply eject Nerzhul from his being and remove his corrupting influence and shatter frostmourne aka reclaim the real Arthas?
Old 2008-01-10, 12:55   Link #232
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Well he sure is in the game... (WC3 that is)
You don't mess with a guy who deals Chaos damage
I would! ..I would of course completly regret it....xD.......

I realized something while I was questing in Nagrand....Myself..lvl 65 Feral Druid...Needs to do PvP...I need to get some gear from PvP..I think though my entire WoW life time (about 2 years) I've done PvP twice...and that was in Warsong Gulch..
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 11:38   Link #233
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Deathwing was already beaten down...Azshara probably could be, but what kept her from acting all this time as it stood?

Any "he was there all along, nobody knew about him at all" would be a bigger lore atrocity than offing Illidan. If they are SO GODDAMMED POWERFUL, why do they act NOW? Why couldn't they have done it RIGHT after everyone was recovering from the Legion or whatnot?

"Bob the destroyer" characters as I like to deem them don't come from dark depths, the void, the twisting nether, or what have you...they come from one place and that is a random plot hole.
Old 2008-01-11, 12:27   Link #234
krisslanza

Obviously the next big bad raid boss after Arthas will be Hogger Senior.
Old 2008-01-11, 17:26   Link #235
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Deathwing was already beaten down...Azshara probably could be, but what kept her from acting all this time as it stood?

Any "he was there all along, nobody knew about him at all" would be a bigger lore atrocity than offing Illidan. If they are SO GODDAMMED POWERFUL, why do they act NOW? Why couldn't they have done it RIGHT after everyone was recovering from the Legion or whatnot?

"Bob the destroyer" characters as I like to deem them don't come from dark depths, the void, the twisting nether, or what have you...they come from one place and that is a random plot hole.
Hey, I'm not saying I agree with the "Bob the destroyer" stuff, but it is going to happen, there's no way around it if they want the game to continue. They already did it with C'thun, and they'll do it again.

As for Deathwing, I imagine he probably got a powerup like most bad guys who are defeated and escape. Regardless of whether he is supposed to be stronger than Arthas, there's a very good chance he'll be in the game eventually and it doesn't look like it's happening with this next expansion, though there's still plenty that has yet to be previewed.

Quote:
Obviously the next big bad raid boss after Arthas will be Hogger Senior.
No, it will be the Cenarion Emissary in Orgrimmar, trying to get revenge on me. I've taken him out so many times on my old character that I have what I think is the server first "Hated" reputation with Cenarion Circle.
Old 2008-01-11, 17:35   Link #236
krisslanza

No wai. Hogger could kill Arthas he just doesn't want too.

If people don't get the Hogger stuff, you haven't played WoW enough or something... XD
Old 2008-01-14, 12:06   Link #237
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
No wai. Hogger could kill Arthas he just doesn't want too.

If people don't get the Hogger stuff, you haven't played WoW enough or something... XD
Are you sure they haven't played WoW enough? Perhaps it shows they arn't addicted to WoW like some of us xD
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 14:06   Link #238
krisslanza

Bah I'm not addicted. I haven't played in like. Half a year. I just prowled the official forums from time to time...
Old 2008-01-14, 17:18   Link #239
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Bah I'm not addicted. I haven't played in like. Half a year. I just prowled the official forums from time to time...
Don't know why anyone who no longer plays the game would willingly subject themselves to that kind of torture. The WoW forum is one of the biggest collections of jerks and morons on the internet, a "wretched hive of scum and villainy".
Old 2008-01-14, 18:02   Link #240
krisslanza

I don't browse it anymore I used to when I played. Like when I was just bored 'cause no one RPs D<

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows