AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 14:45   Link #6321
Needles

Hi, I'm new (I never did this before ).

I think I might be a little off topic but..you know how everyone *was* talking about the 2nd chip that Simeon thinks that Cruz (...or Yamada whichever you guys prefer lol) has?

I think I remember seeing a scene in the manga where Aruka (...or Arca, same preference applies like Cruz lol) ripped off Cruz's arm off, and I think I remember seeing her place a square chip-like thingy in the hand she ripped off?

I'm not really sure, my memory is foggy, so I think Cruz does have the chip, he just doesn't know it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, lol. It's been bugging me for a while, I just had to say something (sorry if you guys already found this out some time ago).
Also, if that's true, doesn't that make Aruka a good guy? Or it at least, mean she really cares for Cruz?

P.S. my username is not a reference to Needless (although I really, REALLY like this manga)

Last edited by Needles; 2011-01-25 at 14:59.
Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 17:00   Link #6322
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post

I think I might be a little off topic but..you know how everyone *was* talking about the 2nd chip that Simeon thinks that Cruz (...or Yamada whichever you guys prefer lol) has?

I think I remember seeing a scene in the manga where Aruka (...or Arca, same preference applies like Cruz lol) ripped off Cruz's arm off, and I think I remember seeing her place a square chip-like thingy in the hand she ripped off?

I'm not really sure, my memory is foggy, so I think Cruz does have the chip, he just doesn't know it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, lol. It's been bugging me for a while, I just had to say something (sorry if you guys already found this out some time ago).
Also, if that's true, doesn't that make Aruka a good guy? Or it at least, mean she really cares for Cruz?

P.S. my username is not a reference to Needless (although I really, REALLY like this manga)
Welcome Needles! Hopefully your name doesn't cause any confusion (I had a double take when I first saw it).

The scene you're referencing was when Aruka hacked Cruz's arm off in the Third Shelter. The arm, however, was holding the chip that Cruz had. Aruka took that chip, so she never placed a '2nd chip' in the arm. Hopefully that clears the issue up.

Also, if you want to think that Aruka is good, keep in mind the last time we saw her, she did save Cruz's (and everyone else's) life from Hatfield... sorta. Hopefully we will see her again soon.
Old 2011-01-25, 17:09   Link #6323
KaMi-ZeRo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post

No, actually she was taking the chip from Cruz's ripped hand, not puting it there, if, is a bit confusing, but the chip was taken from Cruz by Setsuna, then from Setsuna by Blade, and at the beginning of that chapter, given from Blade to Cruz, and after ripping Cruz's arm, Aruka took it back.

And she has also showed to "care" for Cruz, or at least willing for him to become stronger, and to show he is a man, when she opened the ice wall in Kana village, but i don't think that makes her a "good guy" (or girl :P)

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice Avvesione had already answered while i was writing my response n.ñ

EDIT2: sorry for not welcoming before :/ so, Welcome Needles, is always good to have new Needless fans here to share their ideas
Old 2011-01-25, 17:56   Link #6324
Needles

Ah, I see, thanks!

I had trouble finding the manga chapter so I wasn't sure, and the anime is a bit different. I really had hoped that Aruka loved her brother... It would've been sweet.

It's good to finally get that off of my back. I was so confused
Old 2011-01-25, 19:08   Link #6325
Avvesione

Well, we don't know what Aruka is thinking now. She's certainly change from when she was in the Resistance, to when she was in the Third Shelter, to when she was Kana Village. It's hard to figure out what she's exactly doing since we've only seen her a few times and each of those times, she has a different personality toward Cruz.

---

We've been talking about how Cruz's current outfit is Eve's outfit that was created by Blade. There should be some connection between why Cruz is wearing it or why Blade made it and why Eve wears it in the future.

However, Eve has another set of clothes that she wears. It's her battle uniform:
Spoiler:

I'm guessing she began wearing that uniform around the same time Blade took up the job as Priest of that church. So I began wondering if we'll also see the point in which Blade takes up being a Father (maybe Cruz calling him that all the time convinces him to do so, especially since he doesn't know who the Second is) and Eve the Sister.

I doubt we'll see that, however, since it'd be strange to pick out everyone's wardrobe in 1-2 chapters. Maybe Gido will explain it sometime.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:10   Link #6326
Needles

I don't know how anyone else feels about it.

It's just, I don't know, I just get this vibe from Aruka saying she really does care for Cruz but in a strange, strict sort of way. Like during the flashback where it showed how she treated him (not exactly very different than now).

I mean who knows? Maybe she's just a heartless cruel evil b---- in the first place. Maybe she's crazy in love in Arclight like that other b----

But she just doesn't seem like the type to do anything without good reason. In the anime they made her seem to have religious love for him like Jesus, "a better world for Needless". That didn't seem very much like Aruka in my opinion.

It's too....weak hearted? She seems tougher than that. I mean with all this going on, why didn't she just convert Cruz to her side? Make him accept the evil instead of letting him run around in the Blackspot. She called him weak but she seemed to know he has a lot of potential, Needless or not. It's like she sort of planned this...to some extent.

Doesn't make sense.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:13   Link #6327
Needles

Yeah, I read about the clothes thingy.

I had a pretty simple theory. I figured Cruz is the reason Blade's a pervert (so does a few other people lol)

And I figured the whole "Eve-likeness" thing going on there was more for him making an impression on Eve and how she became who she is today, instead of the whole "he's Eve" or other such theories. But, eh, I'm simple minded like that.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I like the other theories, much more imaginative and creative.
Old 2011-01-26, 14:53   Link #6328
Voras
Disabled By Request

Do anybody else think that Blade will be more like an Demon instead? and Arclight will be more like an God? there is something else I wonder about Blade.when he fight his hair style changes sometimes..it seem like some kind of power up mode.his hair be all spiky and stuff....did anybody else notice that too?
Voras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 23:52   Link #6329
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

it means nothing its just to make blade look cool
Old 2011-01-29, 15:17   Link #6330
Voras
Disabled By Request

Find an cool fight scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPi202HlK6U
by the way did anybody hear the dubs yet?
Old 2011-01-30, 17:54   Link #6331
Avvesione

^
I haven't heard the dubs yet but those are coming out in Feb, so there's still some time before they're available. I am interested to hear what it sounds like.

---

As much as I'd like this arc to end, I don't want the next chapter to feel rushed. We certainly reached the climax in the previous chapter with the Strom fight, so it will start to winding down beginning with the first pages of 88. Still, a rushed ending wouldn't feel right for this arc.

Although I'd like this arc to end, this has been one of the most important arcs in the series considering everything that happened. This whole Eve's Story arc was packed full of new information regarding the Adam Project, Eve, Stigmata, Saten, and Mengroze. We saw Cruz continue to develop as a hero and a leader with his actions (leading the trio through the blackhole, volunteering himself for the Eir System, saving Blade from an attack) which certainly is encouraging for later chapters. We were introduced to many new characters and reintroduced to some old favorites, as well. Looking back, this was definitely one of the better arcs in the series, regardless of the confusing time-travel mechanics.

Looking forward, there'll still be some new information in 88, especially about the surgery to save Eve and where Blade gets his new body from, but I can't help feel that Chapter 88 will be the last of Eve's Story and Chapter 89 will be the start of a new arc. Well, whatever happens, I'm excited to see what happens in the future chapters.
Old 2011-01-31, 01:17   Link #6332
Voras
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
^
I haven't heard the dubs yet but those are coming out in Feb, so there's still some time before they're available. I am interested to hear what it sounds like.

---

As much as I'd like this arc to end, I don't want the next chapter to feel rushed. We certainly reached the climax in the previous chapter with the Strom fight, so it will start to winding down beginning with the first pages of 88. Still, a rushed ending wouldn't feel right for this arc.

Although I'd like this arc to end, this has been one of the most important arcs in the series considering everything that happened. This whole Eve's Story arc was packed full of new information regarding the Adam Project, Eve, Stigmata, Saten, and Mengroze. We saw Cruz continue to develop as a hero and a leader with his actions (leading the trio through the blackhole, volunteering himself for the Eir System, saving Blade from an attack) which certainly is encouraging for later chapters. We were introduced to many new characters and reintroduced to some old favorites, as well. Looking back, this was definitely one of the better arcs in the series, regardless of the confusing time-travel mechanics.

Looking forward, there'll still be some new information in 88, especially about the surgery to save Eve and where Blade gets his new body from, but I can't help feel that Chapter 88 will be the last of Eve's Story and Chapter 89 will be the start of a new arc. Well, whatever happens, I'm excited to see what happens in the future chapters.

I'm excited as well,I wonder what going to happen when they return.The others might of been fighting the whole time and probably been kidnap or they just waiting for there return....that's just my imagination though
Old 2011-01-31, 07:34   Link #6333
Homura7

That if the next chapter is the last one of the arc, wich I really doubt. I don't know, but think we are forgetting something...
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 07:54   Link #6334
Soji

First of all welcome Needless always nice to see new Needless fans.

Avvensione is possible, but as Kurusu said it seems we forget something or well ,will be see in the next chapter.
Voras this is something that I wonder myself a few chapters ago. We know for a fact that at least oneweek has passed in the memory world thanks to what Gido said, the problem is .. how much time is past in the real world?
But if we are lucky we have the answer about this soon enough. Although I doubt that this arc will end without a final twist.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-01-31 at 12:11.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 10:57   Link #6335
Avvesione

Well, the way I see what's left is:

They have the Eir System and don't need to do anything else in Lifaburg.
Mengroze can't really stop them.
Voras can't really stop them (but she probably will try).
Surgery for both Blade and Eve
Returning to the real world

I can see Chapter 88 ending with a cliffhanger in the middle of the surgery but that'd mean that 89 would be the start of a new arc since they'll be back home and the next story will have begun.
Old 2011-01-31, 12:17   Link #6336
Soji

^Well you're right about what you wrote, but what worries me is Saten since we do not know his real plans and the time left to return to Eve .
I wonder if they have enough time left to go back and for the operation.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 13:53   Link #6337
Ynot

All though it would be very, very anti climactic, there's no need for Saten or Yamada to hang around anymore. Of course they'll want to stay with Blade and Gido just to see whether Eve will be saved, but for all we know Ishiyama could pop out of a memory door and tell them it's time to go home before Gido even gets the chance to start the surgery.

My guess however is they'll stick around until the surgery succeeded so Saten can give a proper report to the 666 committee. There's also the matter of "a miracle". We haven't seen an explanation for it yet so I'd expect one to be given before they'd escape this world.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 15:33   Link #6338
Homura7

Soji is right when he says Saten worries him a lot, because the bastard has been lying and deceiving all the time in order to get to this point, but now they have what they wanted, Saten could very well show his true colors. Afterall, Strom has been defeated, and they have the Eir System, there's nothing that can stop them now.

Besides, if the arc ends with Blade transfering Eve the Doppelganger, something that already happened once will repeat again, and if for something Needless is known is for not having a same development happen twice. Besides, this arc confirmed something: the current Blade will never, never, never, never have the power that is needed to defeat the likes of Arclight and Saten (loss of the Doppelganger + loss of the stigmata = can't unleash The Fourth Wave full power, as example).

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-01-31 at 16:02.
Old 2011-02-01, 03:10   Link #6339
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
the current Blade will never, never, never, never have the power that is needed to defeat the likes of Arclight and Saten (loss of the Doppelganger + loss of the stigmata = can't unleash The Fourth Wave full power, as example).
What if Blade learns Strom's fragment and is able to eliminate all the energy around Saten? We've also seen Blade take a Fifth Wave and survive, so I wouldn't rule out Blade never being able to defeat Saten. Still, you mentioned the loss of Doppelganger (and thus, Stigmata) leaves Blade in a weaker state in the present, which is a fact. Blade will never have the same specs as Arclight in that regard. However, Arclight's body won't last much longer and Doppelganger can't do anything about his eye and heart. If enough time passes, Arclight maybe unable to face Blade if his body indeed fails.

Also, I don't see Saten leaving before the surgery of Blade and Eve is over. Saten is investigating whether Eve has Stigmata or not in the present and this is the moment that would confirm his theory or not. I can see him even helping Gido in the surgery. After all, he was the one who suggested Gido transplant a portion of Blade's brain into Eve's to save her. I suppose we'll see some of the surgery, if that's the case.
Old 2011-02-01, 07:41   Link #6340
Homura7

^At this point I'm sure Saten already has concluded Blade lost the stigmata because of the loss of the Doppelganger.

Whatever happens next we will accept it regardless if we were right or wrong with our thoughts

Tags
action, comedy, seinen