AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-30, 02:26   Link #161
Used Can

^Are they good guys like the sisters, or are they non-innocents? If the answer is the latter, that'd only give him additional points in my scale. I do enjoy massacres from time to time; especially when the ones getting killed sought for it.

Personally, I've always favoured anti-heroes far over heroes. I'm not really into blacks and whites when it comes to morality.
Old 2008-12-30, 07:51   Link #162
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
well, they're villains

It was just so bloody you know, like shooting a woman's jaw off her face by shooting shotgun at point-blank range, chewing on raw human flesh, and squashing injured men by trapping them to a metal crusher...

In fact he was enjoying the massacre, he felt good doing that to them.
Old 2008-12-30, 07:53   Link #163
roan

Yeah, that part had me going a little....ueeeee.
Old 2008-12-30, 09:44   Link #164
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
It was just so bloody you know, like shooting a woman's jaw off her face by shooting shotgun at point-blank range, chewing on raw human flesh, and squashing injured men by trapping them to a metal crusher...

In fact he was enjoying the massacre, he felt good doing that to them.
That why we call him a psycho , at least he didn't try to kill the people near him. But psycho or not he is right about the part that everybody is long for power, the absolute power. With the concept " fight to protect " we usually saw in anime, absolute power is needed, killing others to protect the one you love is absolutely needed but don't let her/him knew about it
Old 2008-12-30, 10:37   Link #165
Bordix

well, I guess murdering villains is "OK" especially when those Hound guys that you said really deserves to get murdered
Old 2009-01-23, 22:31   Link #166
ElricKeyblade

Man, I was watching the episodes of To Aru Majutsu no Index...then got impatient and read wikipedia for spoilers. Then I wasn't satisfied, so I came to this thread...and lost my motivation for continuing the show.

Why, you may ask? Cuz from what I see, things aren't going to look much better for the people here. It kind of annoys me when a show with a main guy character like this and with GREAT potential (no sarcasm here- i really thought it was cool!) ends up having...a harem.

Maybe a lot of you guys don't mind it, but I kinda do. I really want to watch a show where the guy isn't attracting girls left and right...about two or three is okay, but to me all that matters in the end is that he's got the one girl that he KNOWS and WE KNOW he loves and that he's going to definitely end up with in the end. From the looks of it here, there isn't that much of a definite couple, which kind of depresses me...-_- yeah, I guess I really am the kind of person who anticipates a good ending for just one couple in the end...

And...am I the only here who was hoping that he might end up with Index? o.0 Man, looks like there's no chance of that happening either, huh? Plus, there is the fact that she isn't going to be too much of a main character anymore, judging by all these posts here...

Hm...I really don't know if I should continue with this fandom. Maybe I will, maybe I won't...eh, but if anyone can tell me, is there ANY indication at all that Touma still cares for Index? Or am I just holding on to fraying threads of hope here?
Old 2009-01-24, 11:12   Link #167
Used Can

The harem is just there for the comic relief. When it comes down to romance, Tōma seems to be quite apathetic. From what I've read in this thread, it can even be argued if there's any romantic development in the story at all.

The story so far has focused mostly on the mysteries and the action; so, you can just overlook the harem.
Old 2009-01-24, 20:26   Link #168
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
As someone who 's good at physics, trust me, calculating the value of the dimension is far more easy than calculating and redirecting the vector values of thing, and accelerator can do it at ease .

And by the way, accelerator can only change the direction of the vector but cannot made them stronger or weaker right ?
changing the vector implies having the ability to pile them up on each other, basically if you change all the vectors to go in direction "A", they´ll increase the strength of the given vector "A".

This would atleast explain why he can use abnormal physical abilities, comparable to Marvel´s FLASH, who actually can only speed himself up, creating a great force by doing so, accelerator just improved this technique, with not only being able to change the vectors concerning his own body, but everything he touches in any given direction, contradictory to Flash, since he can only move faster and not make things move into any direction he desires

Edit : @ guys above, who cares about Index, Imouto + Misaka own this story tbh
Old 2009-01-25, 15:43   Link #169
maxikki

what happened to accelerator?? because after he's injured he lost most of his power. could someone giv me a summary of accelerator?
Old 2009-01-25, 19:47   Link #170
Xacual

Spoiler for Volume 16 question:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-01-26, 12:33   Link #171
Miraluka
Banned

Who is the winged guy(from Vol.15) figthing vs Accelerator?? Is he the N°2 of Academy city??
Old 2009-01-27, 15:11   Link #172
Miraluka
Banned

I remember, he voted in the EP16 thread.
Old 2009-01-28, 02:36   Link #173
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Volume 16 question:
Well most likely as one of the Feregi rules of acquisition would say.

Keep your lies consistent.

Since she was chasing him well before that happened.
Old 2009-01-29, 00:14   Link #174
stillmissing

Spoiler for winged guy:

Spoiler for vol 16:

If something there is wrong, feel free to correct me.
Old 2009-01-29, 10:41   Link #175
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Spoiler for vol 16:

If something there is wrong, feel free to correct me.
Thanks that is what I was wondering.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-01-30, 00:17   Link #176
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

And don't forget
Spoiler for scene:
All in all, I found Mikoto very cute and I like him the most on this novel(with Itsuwa come close second ^^)
Old 2009-01-31, 11:35   Link #177
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
And don't forget
Spoiler for scene:
All in all, I found Mikoto very cute and I like him the most on this novel(with Itsuwa come close second ^^)
I don't know who i'm gonna like more, MikotoxToma or ItsuwaxToma?

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-01-31 at 15:14. Reason: missiing a word
Old 2009-01-31, 13:20   Link #178
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't who i'm gonna like more, MikotoxToma or ItsuwaxToma?
ItsuwaxToma sound more cute
Old 2009-01-31, 15:16   Link #179
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
ItsuwaxToma sound more cute
Itsuwa iranai~su maji~su

Right, Wilfriback~
Kanzaki's past... I'm not going into the incredibly annoying details about the complicated names and stuff, because it's pointless anyways, but
Spoiler:

Which JC Staff decided to remove, for some reason. Instead, we had original anime time with Index doing nothing as usual. I guess there is a replica of me or something working there.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-31, 20:58   Link #180
Used Can

^Well, fanatics are a bad thing, for themselves and for others. I think she did a good thing, but opinions vary, and I think yours an interesting point of view.

Anyway, I've also heard they left something else out, something about some serial killer.

I'm willing to bet JC Staff will leave out Accelerator's violent scenes that were mentioned here before. That's too bad.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen