AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 21:14   Link #81
Nosauz

and more to list
Spoiler for more stuff:
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 21:28   Link #82
Vicious108

Well about some of that stuff:
Spoiler for Future manga chapters not yet animated in Brotherhood:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 21:40   Link #83
Kirarakim

Ah yeah I can't believe I forgot the Roy & Ed conversation after the exam. That is one of the biggest omissions IMO.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 23:02   Link #84
Vicious108

Indeed. And while the one before the exam wasn't nearly as important, it still had the "I was promoted to Colonel while you were being slow" line by Roy, which was awesome.
Old 2009-04-29, 05:49   Link #85
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This has propbably been asked before, but will there be dubs of Brotherhood. If so, do we know when?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 07:38   Link #86
Vicious108

It's been licensed by Funimation, so there's bound to be one eventually. As to when it will happen, only time will tell.
Old 2009-04-29, 21:31   Link #87
Nosauz

Spoiler for this shit is all spoilerific, don't read unless u have caught up with the manga:
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 20:11   Link #88
SnowCrasher

Heh, the biggest difference of the series is actually shown right from the opening sequence.
Spoiler for OP:
SnowCrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 21:09   Link #89
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCrasher View Post
Heh, the biggest difference of the series is actually shown right from the opening sequence.
Spoiler for OP:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-01, 06:06   Link #90
Sannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowCrasher
Spoiler for Spoilers manga:
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 00:09   Link #91
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i heard that this new FMA is the remake of the old 1,is it correct? And what difference do they have?
Old 2009-05-02, 00:17   Link #92
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

This very page and the last one actually list several differences between the two series and the manga. I suggest you start by reading it, JK.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 00:33   Link #93
Kirarakim

Quote:
i heard that this new FMA is the remake of the old 1,is it correct? And what difference do they have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
This very page and the last one actually list several differences between the two series and the manga. I suggest you start by reading it, JK.
It's actually mainly differences between Brotherhood & the manga. I think listing differences between the 1st anime and the manga would take forever that is how many there ultimately are to answer the original question.

But to put it simply characters that appear in the 1st anime do not appear in this. However there will be characters in this that don't appear in the 1st anime. There will be a different main villain. I also think some of the characters that are the same between the two series end up having different personalities.

The manga is less dark and is more plot centric I guess. There is less focus on characters' sins and more of a focus on characters moving forward. The world of the manga is also more fleshed out.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 03:29   Link #94
ipernorris

What happens if an alchemist tries to trasmute flesh? I don't mean taking a human back from the dead, I mean just trasmuting a part of the body into something else.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 08:46   Link #95
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Spoiler:
Even though I didn't read manga, his father was the first thing that came to my mind.
Never considered it to be Edward.

I can't believe that others didn't understand it
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:09   Link #96
SnowCrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
What happens if an alchemist tries to trasmute flesh? I don't mean taking a human back from the dead, I mean just trasmuting a part of the body into something else.
I guess it depends on the extent of transmutation... prime example would be Father Cornello transmuting himself. In his case, it backfired horribly, but that was mostly due to faulty Philosopher's stone.
Spoiler for Greed:
SnowCrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:25   Link #97
Cyanide
d e a d l y;

But in Greed's case, he's a homunculi, so different rules could apply..
Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 10:17   Link #98
KitsukamiCanine
Kitsukami Canine
*Author

Send a message via MSN to KitsukamiCanine
I agree with snowcrasher... I thinkt he only thing that matters is the extent at which you're trying to transmute. You don't have to try to bring someone back from the dead in order for it to be human transmutation... human transmutation is mostly defined as transmutation done on a human... the stones probably have different rules. Like the fact that, in terms of father cornello, he brought a dead bird back to life... something that one couldn't accomplish with normal transmutation... but in the end, yes it did backfire on him. It's a very complicated question... Sorry, I seem to be rambling a bit.
x3 I think it is a good topic for discussion though.
KitsukamiCanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 12:41   Link #99
Vicious108

The answer to "What happens if an alchemist tries to trasmute flesh?" is in chapter 53. Ed transmutes himself in order to open the Doors of Truth. But since he was doing it using Envy's Philosopher Stone he didn't have to lose anything as the fee.

So basically human transmutation always opens the Doors, whether it's to bring back a dead person or to transmute one's own body. Though of course, bringing back a dead person is impossible no matter what and transmuting one's own body should be ok if you have something to pay as the fee.

Healing type human transmutations would be the exception to this, like Mei's healing Rentanjutsu or whatever the hell Marcoh does to heal his patients, etc.
Old 2009-06-09, 08:27   Link #100
DudeItsJeff

Hello, can someone answer my question?
I remember watching FMA from adult swim.
Did they stop showing it?
I remember the dubbed episodes.
Can someone please tell me where I can watch the dubbed ones starting from episode 1?
I miss watching the ones I watched on adult swim =[
DudeItsJeff is offline   Reply With Quote