AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-06, 23:41   Link #1261
Chris38

@mike211

Ophis might have had enough power, in her original state, to fight Great Red, but I doubt that she was powerful enough to defeat him.

After all, if that hadn't been the case, there would be no point, in Ophis forming Khaos Brigade and trying to find powerful individuals whose help, would allow her to defeat Great Red - which, I believe was the original purpose of that organization - at least, before the higher members of that organization, realized the dangers of such action, and changed their actual objective...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 00:17   Link #1262
G147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@mike211

Ophis might have had enough power, in her original state, to fight Great Red, but I doubt that she was powerful enough to defeat him.

After all, if that hadn't been the case, there would be no point, in Ophis forming Khaos Brigade and trying to find powerful individuals whose help, would allow her to defeat Great Red - which, I believe was the original purpose of that organization - at least, before the higher members of that organization, realized the dangers of such action, and changed their actual objective...
Actually Ophis didn't formed Khaos Brigade, it's the people who gathered around Ophis that created Khaos Brigade, Ophis was just a puppet leader.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 05:30   Link #1263
Soji

Quote:
Well, Ise would definitely be pleased if something like that occurs, considering how he reacted to Koneko's Shirone mode...

Although, I don't know ... how the rest of the girls that are living in Ise's house would react to something like that
True about Ise.

Regarding the girls....well they would need to step up their game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Ophis can change her form at will. a human form is nothing but an accessory to her. Ophis did used to have the form of an oder man at one point.
I know this. But until now she never have reason to change her form. What I mean before was something like.....after the merging she's already in a older form and decide to stay in that form or something like this.

G147@Ise itself said something along those lines. She just a Naive dragon on whom they took advantage.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 08:14   Link #1264
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
I know this. But until now she never have reason to change her form. What I mean before was something like.....after the merging she's already in a older form and decide to stay in that form or something like this.
Well, if Ophis gains some character development in the current arc, that will make her realize what is the difference between a boy and a girl, along with learning what kind of girl is Ise's type ... then I could see something like that occurring.

After all, I don't see anything else that could make Ophis stay in a older girl form - not to mention, I think that her current loli girl form ... in my opinion, represents her current mentality - since, despite living for a few millenniums, Ophis is still a 'child', when it comes to her personality and once she gains some more maturity, due to interacting with Ise and the other girls ... along with her encounters with her other half Lilith,which are most likely going to occur in the current arc - I think it would be pretty rational to see her change her appearance in order to signify that, mentally Ophis isn't a 'Naive child' anymore...
Old 2014-02-07, 18:21   Link #1265
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Ophis isn't a 'Naive child' anymore...
Or won't be by the time some other events critical to her mental development blow over. But who knows what those events will be, and how they will effect her. Being idealistic is one thing, and being cynical is another. It's hard to tell what her current disposition is, but I think it falls more on the idealistic side since she still thinks it's possible to defeat Great Red even in her current state. But overall, she could also be seen as cynical, but that's more due to her lack of expression.

But again, when actually face to face with Great Red, I think she's at a loss on "how" to fight him, as we saw in volume 12 and her "patting" him in her effort to "defeat" him. If she was doing anything at all, it probably felt like a massage to GR or just a light poking. It all goes back to the theory that Ophis doesn't know how to fight a real fight without some basics of the basics of training.
Old 2014-02-07, 21:43   Link #1266
Tbolt

I don't think Ophis has any interest in Great Red anymore, before she just wanted to return to the silence of the Gap. She never had any thing or anyone before as Ise said she was just a "lonely Dragon", she came to observe Ise's growth and found friends and experiences she had never had before and she's bonded to Ise like a puppy. And in the end I think she will help protect Great Red.
Old 2014-02-08, 01:54   Link #1267
Chris38

@Tbolt

Yeah, I agree with you ... although, it will most likely take Ophis some time, before she realizes that she enjoys her current lifestyle, and doesn't want to return to the Dimensional Gap anymore to obtain silence.

Anyway, I'm also kind of wondering, when Ishibumi is going to say more details about the karma that Ise has to shoulder, due to being friends with Ophis.

After all, while Ophis doesn't intend any harm to Ise, I believe that being possessed by the former Infinite Dragon has some drawbacks as well - which probably won't be anything serious, but it's still going to provide Ise with some discomfort
Old 2014-02-08, 02:34   Link #1268
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
@Tbolt

Yeah, I agree with you ... although, it will most likely take Ophis some time, before she realizes that she enjoys her current lifestyle, and doesn't want to return to the Dimensional Gap anymore to obtain silence.

Anyway, I'm also kind of wondering, when Ishibumi is going to say more details about the karma that Ise has to shoulder, due to being friends with Ophis.

After all, while Ophis doesn't intend any harm to Ise, I believe that being possessed by the former Infinite Dragon has some drawbacks as well - which probably won't be anything serious, but it's still going to provide Ise with some discomfort
@Chris38 uhm what kind of discomfort I'm curious

Speaking of which do you vali will obtain power up like issei when ddraig talk to albion former hosts , also will Odin help vali in giving powerup to vali,

I wonder how will vali obtain demonic powerup just like issei's dragonic theme powerup

Lastly I wonder how will saji sg evolve hmm will he also obtain his powerup

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-02-08 at 02:45.
kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 03:20   Link #1269
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
@Chris38 uhm what kind of discomfort I'm curious
I have no idea what kind of discomfort Ise is going to suffer through, due to being possessed by Ophis ... since, I'm not the author of this story

It's just that ... I think it will be a pretty funny situation, since considering the amount of embarrassing moments the girls in Ise's harem had, it would be interesting to see the tides turn a little bit.

Quote:
Speaking of which do you vali will obtain power up like issei when ddraig talk to albion former hosts , also will Odin help vali in giving powerup to vali,
Regarding Vali's power ups ... I don't think that Vali is going to get any power ups, due to Albion's talk with the past possessor's ... since I think the author is still going to keep having Vali grow in a opposite way, compared to Ise, who is still his 'rival'.

Basically, I don't think that Vali is going to undergo any miraculous / low chance of success, power ups like Ise did ... for example by stealing Albion's power, during the events of volume 4 ... but, rather through a more 'traditional' way - what I want to say is that Vali is going to change his Divine Dividing Sacred Gear into a sub species through his own effort ... compared to Ise, who kind of, used 'Albion' to achieve that.

Becoming Odin's adopted son ... is going to help in Vali's development ... since, now, Vali probably has a higher level of access to North Mythology records and 'secret magic techniques' that someone from the 'outside' can't access.

Quote:
I wonder how will vali obtain demonic powerup just like issei's dragonic theme powerup
As for how Vali is going to get his ... demonic power up ... I think it's quite simple ... through the training from the scratch with Sun Wukong that is probably going to officially start in the beginning of volume 17.

Quote:
Lastly I wonder how will saji sg evolve hmm will he also obtain his powerup
Saji's SG is probably going to evolve after he starts to realize that he is himself and Ise is different from him, so it's useless to continue chasing after Ise's shadow and he should just continue to develop at a pace that suits him and the powers that he has - judging from the preview, that will also, start occurring in volume 17.

As for how it's going to evolve ... well it's going to reach a Balance Break state, but what kind of abilities this state is going to have ... remains unknown due to the fact that Saji's SG abilities are pretty irregular.
Old 2014-02-08, 07:41   Link #1270
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

If I recall, Saji SG also contain multiple abilities, maybe he should master them before jumping in to the BB bandwagon.
Also I would like to see more of Xenovia utilising the Ex-Durandal to it full potential.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 07:51   Link #1271
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
If I recall, Saji SG also contain multiple abilities, maybe he should master them before jumping in to the BB bandwagon.
Also I would like to see more of Xenovia utilising the Ex-Durandal to it full potential.
True I wonder will ex-durandal will evolve or gain a new skill, I do wonder what will powerup does xenovia obtain on her volume beside her complete mastery of ex-durandal +_+
Old 2014-02-08, 08:30   Link #1272
Ickarium

It's explicitly said that Vitra was among the weakest but most versatile of the Dragon Kings. Saji is basically the Dragon Kings' version of Kiba. Not the strongest in outright fighting, but hello, he's got skills to handle tons of situations.

As for Xenovia, she really needs to master her sword. Frankly if she does that and gets some good skills? That's all she will need. Ex-Durandal is frankly scary with the number of tricks it can do.
Old 2014-02-08, 10:14   Link #1273
Tbolt

I reread everything about actions where Saji battled against Ise or with him and found this in Volume 6 Life 1.

Quote:
He unwraps the bandage a bit. Then there were many marks that looked like a black snake.

“When I asked Azazel-sensei, he told me the cause of this happened when I had a battle with you in the last game. Apparently, connecting myself with you - the Sekiryuutei, who reached Balance Breaker - and taking your blood had an influence on my body. It seems like the line which was disconnected from my body also reflected the information of the Sekiryuutei it had taken data of.”
Saji got a little more because he took in Ise's blood.

Quote:
“No, it seems like it doesn’t have a bad influence. It’s just that it’s appearing on my body. Like this, for example.”

What Saji shows me is a small jewel that has appeared on a part of his arm. …….I thought it was a jewel, but it is isn’t it? It’s identical to the jewel on Vali's, Sensei’s, and my dragon-type Sacred Gears.
So we may see this come into play as Saji tries to find his path but he may realize he is forever connected to Ise. So connecting to Ise you could get influenced by the Sekiryuutei, if that is the case all of the Sitri-group carry the influence of the Sekiryuutei.

Quote:
[Well done, Saji. Connect it to Ise-kun, and scatter them!]

Just like how Kaichou orders him, Saji throws the line at me. It attaches to my gauntlet, but what is he going to connect it with? The line connected to my gauntlet gets disconnected from Saji.

“Scatter!”

It responds just like Saji orders, and thick lines scatters into many lines! More than a dozen of lines twitch as if they are alive, and spread to every direction as if finding something to attach themselves to!

The direction where the lines head towards to is—all of my comrades in our formation! They connect with each and every one of them, and my gauntlet is connected to everyone through the lines!

Kaichou then says.

[With this, Ise-kun’s power to transfer can be passed to everyone through the lines. Ise-kun, please step back to the rear. Your last job is to transfer your powers to everyone once you have doubled your own powers.]

Gift using the line! T-This certainly will be easy! Since I’m connected to them, I don’t have to move around anymore! Once I have finished doubling my power, I just have to flow it into them.
So it seems that the Sitri-group is forever linked to Ise/Sekiryuutei.

That may be what Ise's karma is, having influence on whoever he comes in contact with be it friend or foe.
Old 2014-02-08, 11:10   Link #1274
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

^But that already started to occur before he came into contact with Ophis, meaning it was something that the Sekiryuutei has the power to do from the beginning.
Old 2014-02-08, 11:15   Link #1275
Superbia

Quote:
True I wonder will ex-durandal will evolve or gain a new skill, I do wonder what will powerup does xenovia obtain on her volume beside her complete mastery of ex-durandal +_+
While Xenovia has been focusing on technique recently, she's still a power type in the end. Maybe Xenovia will start reading One Piece and get inspired by Zoro to do her own style Santoryu. Durandal in one hand, Excalibur in the other, and Ascalon in her mouth. She hasn't borrowed Ascalon from Issei in a while, and the needed level of talent with holy swords to do it, and the resulting destructive power are both things that really suit her.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 12:44   Link #1276
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
^But that already started to occur before he came into contact with Ophis, meaning it was something that the Sekiryuutei has the power to do from the beginning.
But I think that Ophis's power enhances the effect.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-08 at 15:08.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 16:41   Link #1277
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
It's explicitly said that Vitra was among the weakest but most versatile of the Dragon Kings. Saji is basically the Dragon Kings' version of Kiba. Not the strongest in outright fighting, but hello, he's got skills to handle tons of situations.

As for Xenovia, she really needs to master her sword. Frankly if she does that and gets some good skills? That's all she will need. Ex-Durandal is frankly scary with the number of tricks it can do.
True but I wish that xenovia get a powerup beside mastering ex-durandal +_+
Old 2014-02-08, 21:41   Link #1278
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

^ Maybe she could "suck" some dragon power from Ise. hehehe.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 03:12   Link #1279
Chris38

I think that for Xenovia, it's enough to gain mastery over her Ex-Durandal, which are basically 8 pretty powerful Holy Swords contained in a single one.

If she develops some Devil related powers, along with her capability to use her Holy Swords then I believe it should be sufficient to turn her into a pretty deadly fighter.
Old 2014-02-09, 04:00   Link #1280
G147

Quote:
I think that for Xenovia, it's enough to gain mastery over her Ex-Durandal, which are basically 8 pretty powerful Holy Swords contained in a single one.

If she develops some Devil related powers, along with her capability to use her Holy Swords then I believe it should be sufficient to turn her into a pretty deadly fighter.
If her opponent is someone capable of sealing her Holy Sword, well
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation