AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-06, 04:13   Link #2401
KaiokenAttack

This life is overrated, so...

...doujutsu are totally overrated. They just need more intelligent ninja - smoke bombs, flashbangs, mist techniques, ripping out the eyes with the bare hand... there are various techniques to stop an Uchiha from breathing. I can't believe this never happens.
Old 2010-06-08, 08:34   Link #2402
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiokenAttack View Post

...doujutsu are totally overrated. They just need more intelligent ninja - smoke bombs, flashbangs, mist techniques, ripping out the eyes with the bare hand... there are various techniques to stop an Uchiha from breathing. I can't believe this never happens.

Because is not that easy as you make it sound
Old 2010-06-09, 14:17   Link #2403
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Because is not that easy as you make it sound
of course it's easy..grab him first so he can't dodge your attacks and he cant use amateratsu immediately, but you than have to be quick since you want to prevent him from using the Sasunoo...a finger in the eye and there you have it..you just ripped out his eye balls...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 23:33   Link #2404
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
of course it's easy..grab him first so he can't dodge your attacks and he cant use amateratsu immediately, but you than have to be quick since you want to prevent him from using the Sasunoo...a finger in the eye and there you have it..you just ripped out his eye balls...
Of course... it's so simple! It's hard to believe all the ninja who got their asses kicked by Uchiha overlooked this simple maneuver

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 07:47   Link #2405
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiokenAttack View Post

^This.

Seriously, there are very simple ways of tricking the Sharingan... does everyone just conveniently forget the Land of Waves arc (Kakashi vs. Zabuza) when they make their judgments of the Sharingan's versatility? A simple mist or smoke jutsu can render the Sharingan utterly useless (the Sharingan CANNOT see through objects - that is the Byakugan's power). I know Kakashi won, but that's because he had a superior sense of smell and his dog summons to help. Zabuza's anti-sharingan tactics were sound.

This is why I will always choose Byakugan over Sharingan. You can't track minute movements like the Sharingan or copy techniques, but you can see through mist, smoke, and SOLID OBJECTS. The Byakugan cannot see through sealing barriers, but with a visual range of up to 10 km (Hinata, Part II), does that really matter? Not to mention the only way to master the Gentle Fist technique is to have the Byakugan. Even the Sharingan can't copy it because the Sharingan lack's the pinpoint precision of the Byakugan, which can see tenketsu.

While the Sharingan is more powerful, I find the Byakugan to be oh-so-more useful. Sharingan is a shounen's doujutsu. Byakugan is for REAL ninjas.
Old 2010-06-10, 08:09   Link #2406
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
A simple mist or smoke jutsu can render the Sharingan utterly useless (the Sharingan CANNOT see through objects - that is the Byakugan's power).
Sasuke used Sharingan to see the chakra of Deidara's clay mines which were buried underground. Obito used Sharingan to see the chakra of a ninja who was using an invisibility jutsu. Sharingan can't see through an object that's too opaque, but it can see chakra through things normal eyes wouldn't be able to see through.

Old 2010-06-10, 09:22   Link #2407
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Sasuke used Sharingan to see the chakra of Deidara's clay mines which were buried underground. Obito used Sharingan to see the chakra of a ninja who was using an invisibility jutsu. Sharingan can't see through an object that's too opaque, but it can see chakra through things normal eyes wouldn't be able to see through.
More than likely a mist created through the use of jutsu uses chakra and probably has chakra in it therefore obscuring the sharingan's ability to see. That's probably why Kakashi used his dogs to locate Zabuza. A normal mist though probably wouldn't work. Kish. really didn't explain why Zabuza was able to use a mist or why Kakashi was able to use a smoke bomb...but that's my guess on those scenerios is that chakra was in the smoke and mist...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-10, 13:00   Link #2408
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Seriously, there are very simple ways of tricking the Sharingan... does everyone just conveniently forget the Land of Waves arc (Kakashi vs. Zabuza) when they make their judgments of the Sharingan's versatility? A simple mist or smoke jutsu can render the Sharingan utterly useless (the Sharingan CANNOT see through objects - that is the Byakugan's power). I know Kakashi won, but that's because he had a superior sense of smell and his dog summons to help. Zabuza's anti-sharingan tactics were sound.
It's not so much as people forget, it's rather that you made an extremely difficult feat sounds easy. Zabuza's advantage didn't come from the mist alone, it came from the fact he was an expert in silent killing, a particular fighting style based on using only his sense of hearing instead of sight. Without that the mist alone is pointless since it would hinder everybody just the same.
The fact that a rare fighting style, heightened senses and a jutsu good enough to hide the whole battlefield for a decent amount of time was required simply to level the field -and eventually failed whereas it was years before the Sharingan upgrades completely got out of hand- is actually an argument for the Sharingan being ridiculously overpowered.

That doesn't mean there aren't ways to bypass the abilities of the Sharingan (though it becomes increasingly impossible as the power ups keep going) hell KillerBee showed how you could do that through sheer overwhelming speed, skills and power; but it is excessively difficult at the best of time and usually requiers something just as overpowered if not more so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 13:34   Link #2409
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's not so much as people forget, it's rather that you made an extremely difficult feat sounds easy. Zabuza's advantage didn't come from the mist alone, it came from the fact he was an expert in silent killing, a particular fighting style based on using only his sense of hearing instead of sight. Without that the mist alone is pointless since it would hinder everybody just the same.
Even without Zabuza's fighting style, a general mist technique would help. As you said it levels the playing field. Yeah it blinds you as well, but it takes away the advantage of the sharingan's copy-behavior or movement anticipation.

That said Hunter is right. Considering the MS and EMS all this argument is pointless. Mist is a good tactic against a plain sharingan, I'll give you that, but susanoo and ameteresu are just plain on a whole other level. You guys are ridiculous who think it's easy to just sneak up behind Sasuke and poke his eyes out or whatever. He can kill you by looking at you and susanoo is supposed to be an "absolute defense". Switch that on and no normal ninja is touching him. Itachi knew to go straight for the eyes, and look how much trouble he had to go through to come anywhere close to being in a position to actually take them.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 13:40   Link #2410
Knightrunner

I would pick Sharingan because I can copy most justsu that I don't have to study myself. All I have to do is work on my physical strenght and copy all of might guys and kakashi's moves and then I'm set.

Attacking the eyes is practically everybodies weakness. If you can't see your practically screwed. I don't know why would somebody to poke somebody's eyes out when it is a lot easier to slice somebodies head off with a sword.
Old 2010-06-10, 13:46   Link #2411
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No. The sharingan CANNOT see through objects. What the Sharingan can see is chakra. They can see the technique being used, such as with Deidara's mines, he saw the chakra stored in the clay, simple as that. And an invisibility jutsu also uses chakra.

Being able to see residual chakra is different from actually being able to see an object through another object. I didn't think this required much explanation.
Old 2010-06-10, 15:02   Link #2412
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
No. The sharingan CANNOT see through objects. What the Sharingan can see is chakra. They can see the technique being used, such as with Deidara's mines, he saw the chakra stored in the clay, simple as that. And an invisibility jutsu also uses chakra.
Which is exactly what I said...several times.

Quote:
It can see chakra through objects. Sasuke could see chakra in Deidara's clay mines whereas they were buried under solid ground as well as Deidara's C4 garuda bombs flowing under his skin through his blood stream despite the fact they're microscopic. I didn't say it's the same thing as Byakugan's ability to see through objects, I was saying that Sharingan can see chakra to some unknown degree and since shinobi usually contstantly using chakra during battle that means Sharingan can track that, thus they're not as easy to fool with simple tricks as people were saying.

I guess a better way to say it is that Sharingan doesn't see through objects but it's ability to see chakra can be used to detect things that would normally be hidden from view.

Old 2010-06-10, 17:39   Link #2413
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

More accurately it can do that now. There's only two reasons why Kakashi would be gimped by Zabzua's fog. A) Kishi decided to retcon the Sharingan or B) a chakra-made mist is required to blind the Sharingan.
Old 2010-06-10, 18:44   Link #2414
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The fact that a rare fighting style, heightened senses and a jutsu good enough to hide the whole battlefield for a decent amount of time was required simply to level the field -and eventually failed whereas it was years before the Sharingan upgrades completely got out of hand- is actually an argument for the Sharingan being ridiculously overpowered.

That doesn't mean there aren't ways to bypass the abilities of the Sharingan (though it becomes increasingly impossible as the power ups keep going) hell KillerBee showed how you could do that through sheer overwhelming speed, skills and power; but it is excessively difficult at the best of time and usually requiers something just as overpowered if not more so.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-12, 16:20   Link #2415
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
More accurately it can do that now. There's only two reasons why Kakashi would be gimped by Zabzua's fog. A) Kishi decided to retcon the Sharingan or B) a chakra-made mist is required to blind the Sharingan.
It's chakra made mist, for certain. The Sharingan is effectively blinded by its own ability to see chakra. Regular mist wouldn't do much, as it would still be able to see the chakra outlines of techniques and people through it.
Old 2010-06-16, 21:35   Link #2416
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

On the topic of mists: It was never a useful strategy. Sharingan can supposedly see chakra flows. The mist would've been useless. If chakra can be seen through flesh and armor, the mist isn't going to slow it down.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 21:52   Link #2417
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
On the topic of mists: It was never a useful strategy. Sharingan can supposedly see chakra flows. The mist would've been useless. If chakra can be seen through flesh and armor, the mist isn't going to slow it down.
that's why we ,mentioned that the mist that Zabuza used against Kakashi probably had chakra placed in it...it doesn't see chakra flow like the byakugan sees chakra flow...it sees it more like a blanket of energy. not only that we don't know if it could see chakra through an extremely dense fog...even mines buried in the ground it could depend on the depth that it's buried since it sees chakra, but cannot see through things than it could be a plausible reason...
Old 2010-06-17, 15:55   Link #2418
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Spoiler:

Old 2010-06-17, 19:33   Link #2419
Neji112

I was re-reading chapter 230 with Sasuke vs. Naruto. When Sasuke activates his 3rd Tomoe and gains/heightens the ability to predict movements it's chakra based. He says that he can see the chakra as it enters Naruto's body creating an image of sort allowing him to predict Naruto's movement.

In theory if that's the case wouldn't the Byakugan be able to do something similar. It can see the flow of chakra and the gentle fist alone would require you to track charka within a moving body pretty accurately.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 21:16   Link #2420
Cream

I'd say byakugan. I would probably have a weird vibe having known about itachi/sasuke and plus 360 view = pwnage