AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-07-25, 17:15   Link #7621
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
I still work at a Taco Bell Keroko. As such, I've been at home all week twidling my thumbs.
I'm trying to jump start my company, which will be a combination of Pay per hour pay per job kind of thing. (Music Production is like that.)

But I guess the downtime was good since I finished redesigning my SF-36 design.

To answer what I plan to do with it... well, I don't plan to do anything with it right now since it doesn't have a place in my story.

But if you guys want to use it, permission is an ask away.

Plus, I'd rather people know what exactly I'm going on about when I *jump into my fighter and rip out of the IRC channel* or other such nonsense. ^_^;
Right, I'll wait and see how Force is going to flow before I decide to let Tesla pound on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Lutecia was my Nanoverse inspiration for it, among other similar concepts. Those tiny bugs intercepting the drones etc, it works in the same way... although without the bugs. I'm playing with the idea of hi-jacking vehicles and machines with a driver already controlling them, in a combo featuring his Machine Control and Sarah's Digital Spirit. Might prove interesting later on.
I remember giving Tesla a similar power once... though that was more electronic warfare of the defensive kind, jamming and stuff. Maybe I should revisit this, though not as direct as yours of course. Tesla would be more "I'M IN UR BASE, STEALING UR DATAS!" kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
... Teana truly is ordinary and still kicks copious amounts of ass, firmly earning her status as a Badass Normal.
*cough* Teana is capable of using the rare illusion magic. Granted, its no lost logia, but she's not exactly ordinary either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
technically yes, they can erase a human with one pass of the baton.

but then again, if they do that they need to do a load of work to keep the dissonance from spreading, and that at a furious pace.

and the scale of tuning is also dependent on the capabilities of the tuner- so yeah no mere human can tune a galaxy in one mere sweep, even if he/she did the power needed is soo great that the cosmos will just probably collapse under itself.

they are more suited for the local and immidiate level.
What if a bad guy gets his hand on that magic though? They might not care as much about balance...

Quote:
I said Poem

now imagine a Shakesperian Necron
Done. That's even easier than a singing one.

Quote:
"Peace theu power" and all of that jazz...
Now which of my OC's can I best send on a Kane binge...

Quote:
your character type is becoming popular once again :3
Explain. Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*A black HEV pod slams into the thread. As the dust settles, Goose steps out*

I'm back. Didn't end up getting sacked or eventually doing suicide by car.
Welcome back, your seat's still warm.

Quote:
Ivan: "Dude, your mom was hot."
Barrett: *headdesks*
Smith: "Mai waifu is love."
Mio: *eyes outfit speculatively*
Hooh? And is she actually going to wear it in public?

Quote:
Speak for yourself Tempest is making her fanon in his verse, as am I.
Kerokanon, not Goosekanon. You are more than welcome to continue with Mio, I very much enjoyed that last snippet.

Eagerly waiting on one emphasizing the difference between 'think before act' mommy and 'embarrassed at everything' daughter.

Quote:
And it's Reiniger.
You know that up till that point, I've always read it as Reigner? Guess my mind auto-translates it to that for some reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Could you imagine the Sinon's fright when they first met the Lunarians millenia ago? They had been commemorating the day that one of their own who fled to that star system to prevent her husband from gaining God powers, and found that not only had she made landfall, she flourished and nurtured an entire race of human bunnies with that serum she stole!

The dilution of the Hero serum meant that the entire race skipped many rugs of evolution, but did not attain Godhood, thus saving the multiverse from the wrath of her warmongering husband.

*inspired by a Chinese myth btw. Sinon are magic Chinese. For example, Kia and Karlheim are Belka-born Sinon, like say Lingo is an Australian Born Chinese.*
Erm... no, the Lunarian evolution was a natural one.

Quote:
Unless Keroko watches the History Channel... did she?
History Channel has Dogfights. Keroko loves dogfights. Mio was an excellent dogfighter. Do the math.

Quote:
Erio isn't a terribly powerful mage either. He's above average, especially for his age, and definitely more powerful than the standard redshirt of the TSAB forces.
He's a AA ranked mage, making him pretty much equal to Teana, Subaru, Quint and Megane among others. That's pretty hard to call anything less than 'elite.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Tesla will have to prove she can handle the stress of true EXCOM work... and also prove herself to actually have control over herself
Define 'stress.'

And she's very good at hiding her desire to abuse the system. >:3

Quote:
Actually, while the description does make EXCOM sound like an ultrapowerful force that can get away with anything, in reality even they have their limits under which they must work in (otherwise the brass wouldn't even consider creating them), like the "No Operating Within Midchild Space" policy I mentioned a few posts up. These, and a logic loophole regarding the nature of their mission will be explained in another intel update.
Ché. Yeah, that's a major kicker.

Quote:
Yes, and he broke much ears in the process
Awesome it was though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 17:20   Link #7622
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I remember giving Tesla a similar power once... though that was more electronic warfare of the defensive kind, jamming and stuff. Maybe I should revisit this, though not as direct as yours of course. Tesla would be more "I'M IN UR BASE, STEALING UR DATAS!" kind of thing.
*nods* Sarah will be more the hacking type. If she just controls or destroys, time will decide but extracting comes with controlling a system so.. we'll see. The interesting thing here is if one manages to infiltrate them onto a spacecraft or similar. Might wreck some havoc within the fleet.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 18:40   Link #7623
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
*cough* Teana is capable of using the rare illusion magic. Granted, its no lost logia, but she's not exactly ordinary either...
Hmm. That doesn't jive with how the plot of StrikerS paints her as the "ordinary girl" of Section Six, surrounded by artificial mages, artificial humans, walking computer programs, combat cyborgs, child prodigies and a little girl who can summon a fifty-story tall dragon-mecha-thing.

Illusion magic may be rare, but that doesn't mean she's not the most normal out of all the Section Six members.

Nanoha may just be an ordinary human, but the power she had at age 9 marks her as a freakish anomaly. Hayate took the Matrix route and downloaded massive magical power from the Tome of Night Sky.

Everyone else is more (or less, depending on how you look at it) than human. Teana is the most normal protagonist throughout the entire Nanohaverse. While the true definition of a Badass Normal is someone who is just an ordinary human matching up against supernatural forces, Nanohaverse is so rife with people who have incredible world-destroying powers.

Teana's the closest there is. ^^;

Quote:
He's a AA ranked mage, making him pretty much equal to Teana, Subaru, Quint and Megane among others. That's pretty hard to call anything less than 'elite.'
Oh he's good, extremely good for his age--though that is probably to be expected as a product of the artificial mage creation system, Project Fate. He's not quite top-tier when the old cast is running around with massive Rank Inflation, though.

Nena's magic resistance can be pierced through either precision or Nanoha-style maximum power. Fate, despite her epic Big Damn Heroes moment in 2nd phase, would have to change up her style (probably going Zanber Form) since she's the death-of-a-thousand-cuts type, and Nena can't be 1hp/hit dinged to death.
Old 2009-07-25, 19:59   Link #7624
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:

Nena's magic resistance can be pierced through either precision or Nanoha-style maximum power. Fate, despite her epic Big Damn Heroes moment in 2nd phase, would have to change up her style (probably going Zanber Form) since she's the death-of-a-thousand-cuts type, and Nena can't be 1hp/hit dinged to death.
So the correct strategy could be:

1. Fate switches to Sonic Drive and, having used this ability to accelerate the actual speed of her movements, nails Nena in the skull with Bardiche in Assault Form (i.e. no energy blades). Preferably the movie version.

2. Fate nails her with a Riot Zanber (gah! I always, always want to misspell that "Zamber") swing; anything that can make Tre hit the floor and bounce has to pack some level of enhanced power.

3. Fate bombs her from orbit with either a Jet Zanber or Plasma Zanber Breaker.

4. Fate, being the TSAB's #1 close-combat expert, gets to hand-to-hand range and beats the crap out of Nena with her fists. Or throws off some high place.

5. Teana demonstrates that she's been paying attention to Nanoha in class and makes a new friend! (though this story is, I believe, pre-SSX, since it's got Shari and Tia still as Fate's associates, so that one may not yet be possible).

I'm glad to see, though, that there are pre-designed weaknesses in Nena's ability. One thing I was worried about with her character description is that she sounded like an overkill machine (in that she has a defensive ability that makes her superficially impossible to hurt and an offensive ability that's equally impossible to stop), and those aren't any fun even when they're in canon.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 20:26   Link #7625
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
History Channel has Dogfights. Keroko loves dogfights. Mio was an excellent dogfighter. Do the math.
Oooooh Dogfights, my favorite History Channel show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Define 'stress.'
Well, stress from being in a situation where metaphysics reign, which leads to the laws of physics being very arbitrary and where logic and reason no longer hold sway. Imagine the kind of stress you get from watching/playing a very scary horror title... except magnify that by 1000%, and that you're living it.

Granted there are more lulls in EXCOM life than such stress due to the need to find such disturbances in the first place, but when the shit hits the fan, be ready to find yourself cut off from all help and sanity.

Quote:
And she's very good at hiding her desire to abuse the system. >:3
Nice

Quote:
Ché. Yeah, that's a major kicker.
Yes it is... the primary limitation of EXCOM's powers is that they're limited to using them only in "confirmed extraparanormal events"... which is rather hard to pin down under normal circumstances. But once they have conveyed such confirmation, having the full power of the TSAB at your disposal with a snap of your finger is a most satisfying thing to have

The one thing EXCOM doesn't have such limitations on is on experimental hardware: they're given free access to the latest toys and gadgets just to give them an edge against the threats they're facing, and so one can find just about anything from magic bazookas to Orca-style heavy support gunships. And unlike with their "special administrative powers", EXCOM has free reign to use said hardware anyway they please.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-07-25 at 21:04.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 20:44   Link #7626
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
What if a bad guy gets his hand on that magic though? They might not care as much about balance...
Tuning is first of all, a calling, yes the kind that suddenly dawns upon you and makes your life miserable for the first few days (or as long as the organization does not find you to help) when you wake up- esp if you start hearing music in a silent place and see notes all over things.

Tuning also requires a degree of finesse, as well as certain learned skills to actually tune- aka the fundamentals of music (playing an instrument, singing or conducting optional).

So a bad guy tuner (dissonator) is also a very refined villain, the type that will slap enemies in the face with a hankerchief/glove and then ask them for a duel at 30 paces. that is why like Tuners, Dissonators are few and far between, and the engagements between them are even fewer.

But then when they fight it's usually a surreal and unexplainable event.

Quote:
Done. That's even easier than a singing one.
That was quick.

Quote:
Now which of my OC's can I best send on a Kane binge...
*parks a commander unit some distance away and readies for marking*

Quote:
Explain. Now.
what, you don't know what character type you are?

tsk tsk tsk

:3
Old 2009-07-25, 20:57   Link #7627
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I'm glad to see, though, that there are pre-designed weaknesses in Nena's ability. One thing I was worried about with her character description is that she sounded like an overkill machine (in that she has a defensive ability that makes her superficially impossible to hurt and an offensive ability that's equally impossible to stop), and those aren't any fun even when they're in canon.
In close range, which is where most of the protagonist mages other than Nanoha and Hayate excel, Nena is at a marked disadvantage. She's not bad, she's just not great and not up to that level.

That's why she avoids combat--if she finds herself in a protracted melee, she'll do whatever she can, pull whatever dirty trick she has, to escape.

Her offensive ability is strategic in nature, not tactical. An assassin is not necessarily a combat expert, but she isn't too shabby. However, "not too shabby" is probably--well, definitely--not good enough to beat Fate in hand-to-hand combat.

For some specific examples of Nena's magic resistance:

Any type of "cherry tapping" attack that shoots rapid-fire small-yield magic projectiles, she'll resist fully. Those won't do a whole lot to her--from the series, they don't do all that much to a mage wearing a Barrier Jacket either.

Most moderately powerful directed nukes won't land with full effect. She may not die from them, but she'll get hurt or possibly even knocked out, especially if flying shrapnel and debris knocks her in the head. She isn't immune to heavy pieces of concrete and steel, after all.

Divine Buster, the original, Extension or Subaru's point-blank variant... she'd definitely feel that one. It might not knock her out, but she would not be laughing it off. It'd hurt like hell for sure!

Special types of spells that don't explicitly deal regular physical damage, such as Hayate's Diabolic Emission, would simply fail. Offensive uses of transfer spells, like Yuuno used on Arf in the first season, would fail. Standard barriers don't stop her; she can walk right through them. The quarantine-type barriers that were widely used in the first and second seasons would reject her and leave her in reality outside the barrier but within its boundaries.

Binds completely fail, except when cast by a master of barrier/capture magic like Yuuno or Zafira.

Her resistance to magic is impressive, and is definitely better than defensive magics and Barrier Jackets when it comes to low-level attacks. The spell simply has no effect, without explosions or knockback. However, lacking a Barrier Jacket, any of the "ultimate attacks" would likely kill her if they were to hit. Nena doesn't have the "critical hit immunity" that mages seem to have.

When it comes to fighting someone with her ability, the hard and fast rules are, "keep things simple" and "there's no kill like overkill." Mages like Nanoha have no problem with this kind of strategy, but it may be slightly harder for the more finesse fighters Teana and Fate. ^^;

Edit: Before anyone asks/wonders, it is possible for Fate to dodge Nena's rifle if she were to fire it without the element of surprise, thanks to a new ability integrated into her New Sonic Form. The previous version increased her speed to such a degree that her reaction times and perception, while top-notch, could not keep up with the speed of her body. Which pretty much limited her to attack, attack, attack and think/observe/formulate strategy later.

The reworked Sonic Form now gives her accelerated perception; from her point of view, everything seems to slow down, ala bullet time or Force Speed. Now she can adjust her tactics while moving at inhumanly fast speeds, making the "new" New Sonic Form even more potent than ever. It puts a strain on her though--making all those crazy high-gee maneuvers without any form of protection other than a minimal Barrier Jacket can't be good for her.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2009-07-25 at 21:10.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 21:03   Link #7628
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hmm Missed One...

Quote:
Hooh? And is she actually going to wear it in public?
Not really, though despite her plea, there's still images of her in that outfit circulating around... which has resulted in broken bones and black eyes for any person unfortunate enough to lay their hands and eyes on it. Starting with.... me...

*packs up and RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ!!!!!*

Quote:

tsk tsk tsk

Kekekekekekekekeke

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-25, 23:57   Link #7629
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Erm... no, the Lunarian evolution was a natural one.
Hey I was kidding.

Quote:
I kinda figured that towards the end...

...hmm... a dragonkin named Mio might not be too bad... and she catches fire if she's very embarrassed too...

[Mekhatron]yes... yesss...[/Mekhatron]

*is breathed on!!!*

Quote:
They took it off the air over here!!!

I'll just have to watch the Midchilda one. They are releasing Dogfights: Strike Witches 2 this season I heard yeah?

*FLEEEEEEEEEZ*

Quote:
Well, stress from being in a situation where metaphysics reign, which leads to the laws of physics being very arbitrary and where logic and reason no longer hold sway. Imagine the kind of stress you get from watching/playing a very scary horror title... except magnify that by 1000%, and that you're living it.

Granted there are more lulls in EXCOM life than such stress due to the need to find such disturbances in the first place, but when the shit hits the fan, be ready to find yourself cut off from all help and sanity.
The members of the Order of the Hammer can certainly relate to that. There's one group that is (in)famous for sitting around doing nothing but having long afternoon tea breaks until the proverbial fan-shitting...

Quote:
Yes it is... the primary limitation of EXCOM's powers is that they're limited to using them only in "confirmed extraparanormal events"... which is rather hard to pin down under normal circumstances. But once they have conveyed such confirmation, having the full power of the TSAB at your disposal with a snap of your finger is a most satisfying thing to have

The one thing EXCOM doesn't have such limitations on is on experimental hardware: they're given free access to the latest toys and gadgets just to give them an edge against the threats they're facing, and so one can find just about anything from magic bazookas to Orca-style heavy support gunships. And unlike with their "special administrative powers", EXCOM has free reign to use said hardware anyway they please.
As with many of Saint Church's old units, the Order of the Hammer has this special rule:

"You may upgrade a character in command with a Conventional Weapons Licence for 3 points. This character may now draw from the Conventional Weapons Armory."

This is because many of the weapons adapted to anti-extranormal affairs (or xenomorphs) are old and conventional. So I guess a difference btw EXCOM and Order is that the age of the special weapons, where most of the Order's date back centuries. They do have some innovation going on, but not much; partly because of the belief that "Ancient is Better", and that they have an established track record of performance.

When in situations where certainty itself is uncertainty, it's comforting to know that your weapon has slayed daemons before you were born and will not come around and bite off your head. Of course, for sensibilities (and the rarity of these artefacts!), it's not possible to give everyone one, so the I/C is entrusted with this responsibility.

Vita: As another saying goes, "You never own a daemonhammer, but merely keep it for the next generation."
Zaffy: That sounds like a slogan for a watchmaker.
Vita: Urusai! Baka-inu!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2009-07-26 at 00:23.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:38   Link #7630
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I'll just have to watch the Midchilda one. They are releasing Dogfights: Strike Witches 2 this season I heard yeah?

*FLEEEEEEEEEZ*
I don't even have it at home, though I do have here at our quarters in the northern provinces

And Dogfights Strike Witches do want with lots of pan-

*is SHOT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
The members of the Order of the Hammer can certainly relate to that. There's one group that is (in)famous for sitting around doing nothing but having long afternoon tea breaks until the proverbial fan-shitting...
Ah, but you see that's where EXCOM and the Order differ. Since EXCOM has to proactively keep tabs on lots of worlds, and then investigate any suspected extraparanormal activity they're deployed a whole lot more times in many worlds. And the FEAR teams get the most activities on the ground since they're the ones tasked with gathering intelligence and ascertaining the nature of the incidents: If it's an extraparanormal incident, then they can use their authority to intervene and call in whatever reinforcements they need, if it isn't then being TSAB they also have to act on it if said incident is a threat to life and property.

There's a reason why EXCOM tours are twice the length of standard naval deployments, which adds to the stress for all involved - twice the time away from home, twice the homesickness, twice the pressure - with most of the crew not expected to be able to visit back for a couple of years at least, not helped by the fact that EXCOM operates mostly on areas far away from Midchild Space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon
As with many of Saint Church's old units, the Order of the Hammer has this special rule:

"You may upgrade a character in command with a Conventional Weapons Licence for 3 points. This character may now draw from the Conventional Weapons Armory."

This is because many of the weapons adapted to anti-extranormal affairs (or xenomorphs) are old and conventional. So I guess a difference btw EXCOM and Order is that the age of the special weapons, where most of the Order's date back centuries. They do have some innovation going on, but not much; partly because of the belief that "Ancient is Better", and that they have an established track record of performance.

When in situations where certainty itself is uncertainty, it's comforting to know that your weapon has slayed daemons before you were born and will not come around and bite off your head. Of course, for sensibilities (and the rarity of these artefacts!), it's not possible to give everyone one, so the I/C is entrusted with this responsibility.

As another saying goes, "You never own a daemonhammer, but merely keep it for the next generation."
Old, Proven Artifacts vs New-Fangled Gadgets eh?

Although that is one advantage of EXCOM's powers: if ever they run into a situation where they can't solve the problem with the technology they have on hand, they'll just pull in a special... Order for some hawt cleric ladies wielding kick ass ancient weapons

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!*

Old 2009-07-26, 02:47   Link #7631
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Ah, but you see that's where EXCOM and the Order differ. Since EXCOM has to proactively keep tabs on lots of worlds, and then investigate any suspected extraparanormal activity they're deployed a whole lot more times in many worlds. And the FEAR teams get the most activities on the ground since they're the ones tasked with gathering intelligence and ascertaining the nature of the incidents: If it's an extraparanormal incident, then they can use their authority to intervene and call in whatever reinforcements they need, if it isn't then being TSAB they also have to act on it if said incident is a threat to life and property.

There's a reason why EXCOM tours are twice the length of standard naval deployments, which adds to the stress for all involved - twice the time away from home, twice the homesickness, twice the pressure - with most of the crew not expected to be able to visit back for a couple of years at least, not helped by the fact that EXCOM operates mostly on areas far away from Midchild Space.
Granted those “slackers” only exist in the Inner Sphere, where is relatively calmer and hence nothing much to do. For example, Midchilda doesn’t even have an active branch of the Order of the Hammer (Extraparanormal events) or the Hunter (alien infestations) save liasons to the Hexagon and the Monarch Church Command; elsewhere in the Inner Sphere you’d find a district office overseeing many dimensions at once, with the Church Council thinking of scaling down operations even further;

Contrast that to the Outer Rim where you find an active company attached to TSAB Navy fleets every few dimensions, with small cells of operatives working the ground round the clock together with TSAB joint special forces and expeditionaries. They are subjected to all the stresses of the EXCOM there being so far from home, as much as the Church tries to recruit from the locals in such postings.

Since EXCOM really needs more people, and the Order needs more jobs (sometimes)... match made in heaven?

Before I forget, there are planets under constant assault from the unknown. A certain planet named Outer Cadia comes to mind, and their armed forces have become almost completely specialized to repelling such threats despite not being part of the Order of the Hammer.

Quote:
Old, Proven Artifacts vs New-Fangled Gadgets eh?

Although that is one advantage of EXCOM's powers: if ever they run into a situation where they can't solve the problem with the technology they have on hand, they'll just pull in a special... Order for some hawt cleric ladies wielding kick ass ancient weapons

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!*
Don’t call everything the knights have ancient; it may be in accordance to age-old tradition where their personal arms were forged when they joined the Corps, but they are young nubile women still.

I’m refering more to the Inquisitor Lords, their familiars, and lesser officers that make up the bulk of the Order who have no such arm but draw from the armory.

Even so, where Hell had come to the battlefield, there’s nothing more comforting than when nemesis force weapons slice effortlessly through daemonic incursions as Sisters glowing with blinding Light charge forth from teleport.
Old 2009-07-26, 03:00   Link #7632
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Granted those “slackers” only exist in the Inner Sphere, where is relatively calmer and hence nothing much to do. For example, Midchilda doesn’t even have an active branch of the Order of the Hammer (Extraparanormal events) or the Hunter (alien infestations) save liasons to the Hexagon and the Monarch Church Command; elsewhere in the Inner Sphere you’d find a district office overseeing many dimensions at once, with the Church Council thinking of scaling down operations even further;

Contrast that to the Outer Rim where you find an active company attached to TSAB Navy fleets every few dimensions, with small cells of operatives working the ground round the clock together with TSAB joint special forces and expeditionaries. They are subjected to all the stresses of the EXCOM there being so far from home, as much as the Church tries to recruit from the locals in such postings.

Since EXCOM really needs more people, and the Order needs more jobs (sometimes)... match made in heaven?
No wonder they seek each other out quite often when working on jobs in the fringe worlds: EXCOM can provide the Order some experience, while the Order provides much needed manpower...

Quote:
Don’t call everything the knights have ancient; it may be in accordance to age-old tradition where their personal arms were forged when they joined the Corps, but they are young nubile women still.
...And eyecandy ladies for the lonely men to look at weapons and arms.

Quote:
Even so, where Hell had come to the battlefield, there’s nothing more comforting than when nemesis force weapons slice effortlessly through daemonic incursions as Sisters glowing with blinding Light charge forth from teleport.
"IT'S WHITE!"
"IT'S PINK!"
"NO THE LIGHT IS STRIPE-"

*is blasted*

Old 2009-07-26, 05:13   Link #7633
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
No wonder they seek each other out quite often when working on jobs in the fringe worlds: EXCOM can provide the Order some experience, while the Order provides much needed manpower...

...And eyecandy ladies for the lonely men to look at weapons and arms.
A sight for sore eyes?

Quote:
"IT'S WHITE!"
"IT'S PINK!"
"NO THE LIGHT IS STRIPE-"

*is blasted*
Sein:
Octavia: ...
Mai: ...may I?
Cornelia: Join the fun.

*CHAINSAW REVS*

Mai must find it all too familiar...
Old 2009-07-26, 05:42   Link #7634
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Had relatives visiting so of course you guys spammed up the thread while I was away, thanks a ton. Anyway I hope to get to all this crap later today, but for now this caught my eye.
Quote:
Did someone say dogfight?!

Well of course she loves dogfights! Who doesn't love them! Certainly not me!

Quote:
Yeah that show was sweet only sin was that they never had a P-38 episode! Booo!

*Flies off in his P-38 to do some pwning*

Quote:
Well they might have just run out of episodes the last one aired a bit over a year ago now and I've not heard much since. It’s not been cancelled, but no word of further seasons either.

Quote:

*FLEEEEEEEEEZ*
I suddenly recall a half finished (well more like a fifth) fic in my crossover verse staring Cipher (the other one that flies a jet) on an episode of that show about the time he shot two 22 enemy fighters in a single day in an action during the early part of the Pan-Universal War. I think it was the one right after the ep about the battle of Tokyo Bay on Earth 12.

Quote:
I don't even have it at home, though I do have here at our quarters in the northern provinces

And Dogfights Strike Witches do want with lots of pan-

*is SHOT*
*Zooms past in his P-38 after strafing Lowe*

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 06:34   Link #7635
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*nods* Sarah will be more the hacking type. If she just controls or destroys, time will decide but extracting comes with controlling a system so.. we'll see. The interesting thing here is if one manages to infiltrate them onto a spacecraft or similar. Might wreck some havoc within the fleet.
*nod nod* Chaos when the communication shuts down, targeting goes screwy, IFF gets flipped around...

Quote:
Hmm. That doesn't jive with how the plot of StrikerS paints her as the "ordinary girl" of Section Six, surrounded by artificial mages, artificial humans, walking computer programs, combat cyborgs, child prodigies and a little girl who can summon a fifty-story tall dragon-mecha-thing.

Illusion magic may be rare, but that doesn't mean she's not the most normal out of all the Section Six members.
Hmyeah, true, she is the 'most' normal of the group. Emphasis on most though.

Quote:
Oh he's good, extremely good for his age--though that is probably to be expected as a product of the artificial mage creation system, Project Fate. He's not quite top-tier when the old cast is running around with massive Rank Inflation, though.
Details, he's on the same powerlevel as Subaru and Teana and several years younger than them to boot. Saying that he "isn't a terribly powerful mage" at this point is rather silly.

Quote:
And Erio uses a spear, which stabs, which is precision style magic.

Sounds like Erio would be a more fierce opponent than you portray him to be.

Quote:

You're talking about the girl who has been a guardian program for a book that has seen countless of worlds, countless of magics, and countless occasions of untold destruction for centuries.

I think she can handle it.

Quote:

Hmm, that actually sounds more like Keroko's area.

Keroko: You mean I can use any of these!?

Quote:
Tuning is first of all, a calling, yes the kind that suddenly dawns upon you and makes your life miserable for the first few days (or as long as the organization does not find you to help) when you wake up- esp if you start hearing music in a silent place and see notes all over things.

Tuning also requires a degree of finesse, as well as certain learned skills to actually tune- aka the fundamentals of music (playing an instrument, singing or conducting optional).

So a bad guy tuner (dissonator) is also a very refined villain, the type that will slap enemies in the face with a hankerchief/glove and then ask them for a duel at 30 paces. that is why like Tuners, Dissonators are few and far between, and the engagements between them are even fewer.

But then when they fight it's usually a surreal and unexplainable event.
That sounds a bit... shaky, to be honest. To say that all dissonators are refined villains merely because usage of the magic requires finesse.

Quote:
was quick.
Seeing a Necron Lord with a Necron skull in his hand and in a gravely voice go "To be... or not to be. That, is the question." is a very natural image.

Quote:
*parks a commander unit some distance away and readies for marking*
Still thinking. Keroko doesn't have the foresight to go on a Kane binge... I might see Tesla do it, though is more a strategist, less a visionary...

Maybe Rita?

Quote:

tsk tsk tsk

Less gloating, more answering.

Quote:
Hey I was kidding.
Just checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Had relatives visiting so of course you guys spammed up the thread while I was away, thanks a ton.
We aim to please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Well of course she loves dogfights! Who doesn't love them! Certainly not me!
Maybe I should give that game a try...

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-07-26 at 06:46.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 07:30   Link #7636
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Thanks to Nya~n for sending me a very inspirational pic, and due to that this short was born. Yet again another Blood Maiden case. Music included for those who wants.

A word of warning; I felt uncomfortable writing it and my beta mentioned the same. Reader discretion is advised.

Spoiler for I Have No Tongue But I Must Scream:

Spoiler for Notes:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 07:42   Link #7637
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You're talking about the girl who has been a guardian program for a book that has seen countless of worlds, countless of magics, and countless occasions of untold destruction for centuries.

I think she can handle it.
She's got a good chance of going then If she's interested in a position as helmsman or gunner, maybe there's some slots available...

Quote:
Hmm, that actually sounds more like Keroko's area.

Keroko: You mean I can use any of these!?
Very much so An EXCOM license gives the bearer access to any TSAB-Affiliated Tech Lab in Ordered Space, where one can... requisition top-secret experimental gear with the minimum of paperwork. This privilege is underused in EXCOM though due to the limited knowledge of most members about said top-secret weapons (they wouldn't be called such if they weren't so ), and also because few members really have the time to actually have said equipment brought over.

Both can be recitified by a few calls and some favors of course, but then again the choice of equipment should be taken into consideration... in a ship where you barely have enough space for a single shuttle, where are you supposed to dock a Firehawk Stratofighter into?

Quote:
Less gloating, more answering.
In the immortal words of Admiral Ackbar,

"IT'S A-"

*STATIC*

Old 2009-07-26, 08:05   Link #7638
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Thanks to Nya~n for sending me a very inspirational pic, and due to that this short was born. Yet again another Blood Maiden case. Music included for those who wants.

A word of warning; I felt uncomfortable writing it and my beta mentioned the same. Reader discretion is advised.

Spoiler for I Have No Tongue But I Must Scream:

Spoiler for Notes:
*tosses a cookie* You'll have to blame my bassist for being such a fan of guro. Amazing what picspams in MSN can do~ ufufufufufu

I'm surprised it took Walla-tan this long to make this (slight) change in her psych though. I'm either too dazed to realise what it's about, but I do wonder what was it that Wallachia was saying in that monologue to His memory.

Quote:
In the immortal words of Admiral Ackbar,

"IT'S A-"

*STATIC*
Old 2009-07-26, 08:22   Link #7639
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

weird error post...

please delete this, double post of weirdness
Old 2009-07-26, 08:31   Link #7640
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Hmyeah, true, she is the 'most' normal of the group. Emphasis on most though.
Well, Nena is hardly normal in the strictest sense of the word either. But compared to their contemporaries--the rest of Section Six for Teana and the various other villains of the Nanohaverse for Nena (though she doesn't qualify as a Mad Scientist, of course)... they are both significantly less than "over nine thousand." =p

Quote:
Details, he's on the same powerlevel as Subaru and Teana and several years younger than them to boot. Saying that he "isn't a terribly powerful mage" at this point is rather silly.

And Erio uses a spear, which stabs, which is precision style magic.

Sounds like Erio would be a more fierce opponent than you portray him to be.
Erio is a bad example since he's a Belkan-type and thus prone to beating the crap out of stuff with his Device. I don't recall ever seeing him use a purely ranged attack in the entirety of StrikerS. Nena would certainly have problems with him, just as she would against Subaru, Signum or Vita.

His magic power notwithstanding, his close combat power would be the deciding factor in such an encounter. ^^; But since Erio and Caro are off doing whatever it is they do in the Green Corps, Nena does not encounter them. She predominately tussles with Teana and Fate, but there's a bit of Subaru, Nanoha and Yuuno in there as well. Hayate and her groupies are off getting into trouble somewhere.

Yes, I'm bringing the ferret boy back. Yes, I like the ferret boy. No, just because I like the ferret boy doesn't mean I am against Nanoha/Fate shipping. Let's hope that disclaimer clears up any confusion. ^^;

I was pissed that StrikerS basically wrote him out as a character when he got a lot of good screen time kicking ass in A's. The whole of StrikerS was conducted without a good defensive support mage. Caro's more offensive support with her power boosting magic and Continuous Summon spells.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content