AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-01, 22:10   Link #281
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

I suddenly understood why the voice acters nicknamed Sakurai/Suzaku "The Claw Man" when recording Code Geass, although Sakurai voiced Ray in Gun X Sword. Suzaku is a downgraded version of The Claw Man.

Why do men fight? This is so sad.
I've come up with a way. Everyone should follow me.
I'm selfless. I'm doing this for everyone's happiness.
Everyone will be happy.
Why can't you pick up my thoughts? You all should. This is so sad.
I love you! (embraces)

*shudders*

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-03-02 at 02:31.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 22:14   Link #282
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They nicknamed him after the main villain of GunXSword? That's hilarious, especially since he voiced someone obsessed with killing that very same man.

Nothing beats the Claw Man's final words in GunXSword though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 05:36   Link #283
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
Kallen Standtfeld - Hot, I guess.
Lelouch Lamperogue - What's the reason not to chose him?
dave1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 07:02   Link #284
Cleaver-Girl
Kana?

I'm definetly voting for C.C. and Lelouch they are both calm and cool characters I luv them^^
Cleaver-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 16:19   Link #285
Kobukson

To be honest, despite Suzaku's faults, I view him as "righteous" as Lelouch. Some say Lelouch has admitted his faults, but I feel he truly hasn't unmasked WHY he's fighting this rebellion. Despite the claims of creating a peaceful world in which Nanally can live in, he purposely took actions which PREVENTED the creation of such a world. Just as Suzaku needs to come to terms with the darker aspects of his personality, Lelouch needs to come to terms with the fact that he is using his sister as an excuse to justify his feud with his father and the royal family. He is not doing this rebellion for a new nation, as he claims, or to undo the injustices of Britannia, his sole motive is the revenge of an angry, grieving, little boy.

Plus, I suspect that there was a bit of subconscious anger at Euphie that caused the events to occur as they did in the end of R1. She was taking away the "justice" of his fight and loved Suzaku over him. Why in any reason he would even mention such a line is beyond me and I think he did it subconsciously because he wanted to discredit her and her dream (as evidenced by the whole needlegun talk).

In the end, both are merely opposite sides of the same coin (look at the colors of both-white vs. black, like in a chess game ;P); neither is righteous, neither is evil.

Anyways, my favs:
Suzaku (;P, I think alot like him, unfortunately; also explains my anti-Lulu tendancy)
Lloyd (laughing riot, love his lack of social skills)
Kallen (she's an interesting flip on Suzaku)
Euphie (any reason NOT to like her?)
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 18:30   Link #286
KrimzonStriker

You kidding me right? Great Tanaguchi your serious!! Alright then my young, misinformed and misinterpreted friend who has not had the benefit of being in this forum long enough to catch what we have been debating about or you would not have made such a silly statement based on such incomplete information.

What makes it silly is, yes Lelouch has darker aspects and he's admitted them to himself quite fine thank you very much, after the death of both Shirley's father and the fallout from that with Mao along with what happened to Euphie. His breakdown in the shower scene, and the horror he felt as the massacre was going on, all acknowledgments that he is in fact very dark, and accepts it. He no longer justifies the 'righteousness' of his actions, only acknowledging his belief in his cause and the necessity of moving forward no matter what the cost.

And of course he's in it for revenge, you think he's interrogating his own family about his mother's death without realizing that? There's nothing right about it, it's simply a part of his own selfish desire and he realizes that, the benefits it renders to his followers is merely a side effect of that, ones that that simply coincide with one another but are not necessarily the same.

And one last thing, if he was really just doing this for revenge, why did he give up on th rebellion to go save his sister? If it was really like that, he would have simply ignored it for later and continued his conquest of Japan, but instead he gave up everything to save his sister because as he said 'what would be the point of what I've done if she isn't safe?' She is more important then his revenge or his feud by the simple gravity of this one act that caused his to lose in the end.

Now as to you 'subconscious' theory, that isn't the case at all. He was angry with Euphie for taking the strength away from his cause, there's no denying that and Lelouch didn't, but at the same time he was disgusted by the hypocrisy and naivety of such a dream that would only end in failure in his eyes. She wasn't taking away his 'justice', because Lelouch doesn't believe for a minute he really is just, it was just mantra for his followers and his own personal and selfish beliefs. He got over that after her emotional plea, that was evident, nothing to do with Suzaku or anything because he gave Suzaku up to Euphie, not he lost Euphie to Suzaku, loving him had nothing to do with it since Lelouch isn't interested in romance to begin with. And I believe it was concluded by the board that what Lelouch said wasn't subconscious, but a fully conscious scenario he had considered before going with the needle gun idea because it was too convenient for his situation and something he likely would have come up with given how over analytical he is.

Of course neither of them is righteous or evil, that's an established fact for all people, it just feels like your coating Lelouch with far too much 'evil' when really he's just being human.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 14:22   Link #287
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobukson View Post
To be honest, despite Suzaku's faults, I view him as "righteous" as Lelouch.
i agree with some parts, but lesson 1 never say that they are both righteous towards each toher..
Suzaku haters are ont he roof aiming at your head right now XD
.. though despite all Suzaku haters.. i must claim that i still like him, though not as much as Lulu ofc
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 14:25   Link #288
KrimzonStriker

Wonder how well you'll like him with his new 'don't care, go die' attitude in R2?
Old 2008-03-23, 14:28   Link #289
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, we haven't seen much of it and actions do speak louder than words. It seems they'll be portraying him more in an outright negative manner than they did before.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-23, 14:29   Link #290
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, we haven't seen much of it and actions do speak louder than words. It seems they'll be portraying him more in an outright negative manner than they did before.
so true..
instead on trying to work on his world improvements promise has he only been promoted by killing more and gaining mroe experiance on the battle field...
thought he cold stare looks good on him
stupid sexy Suzaku...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 14:30   Link #291
KrimzonStriker

So which is it? Do we hate him for his new (old) attitude or do we love him for it?
Old 2008-03-23, 14:37   Link #292
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, one thing I may like more about him is that isn't trying to kid himself anymore about the whole world and is actually more realistic about things. It does make him somewhat more likeable I guess.

Old 2008-03-23, 14:46   Link #293
KrimzonStriker

Well, I probably won't hate him as much, because I always knew his real reasons and I never liked him for them, but he just really annoyed me with how he tried to cover them up with his nice guy act. Like I said before, where once I despised him I may now grow to respect him as an adversary to Lelouch, which doesn't mean I would ever feel inclined to support him or wouldn't relish seeing him meet the fate of all of Lelouch's other enemies, elimination
Old 2008-03-23, 15:01   Link #294
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
So which is it? Do we hate him for his new (old) attitude or do we love him for it?
LET'S LOVE HIM!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 15:33   Link #295
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
LET'S LOVE HIM!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!
As long as he's serious about it.

If he's not going to believe in the path he's chosen completely, then he can just go ahead and die. -_-
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 15:35   Link #296
zalem

I still hate Suzaku, but I have hope he will be more tolerable because he's not pulling his self-righteous hypocritical garbage anymore. Then again, if he is like Shinn from GSD I'll probably hate him just as much. Hope that's not the case. He definitely does seem more cold and melancholy. Guess, we'll have to wait and see...
Old 2008-03-23, 15:36   Link #297
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
As long as he's serious about it.

If he's not going to believe in the path he's chosen completely, then he can just go ahead and die. -_-
And if he does believe in it completely, he can go and die with some honor instead
Old 2008-03-23, 15:49   Link #298
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And if he does believe in it completely, he can go and die with some honor instead
all that matters is that you have some set of values.

I mean Cornelia ordered a massacre, but I still love her. Sure, Suzaku will see his dreams crushed under the heel of the desires of all those Britannia has oppressed, but as long has he has some sort of values, he has a chance to make it through. Or maybe he'll die, either way; just thought he should be given a fair chance to save himself.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 15:56   Link #299
KrimzonStriker

I respected Cornelia, along with sympathized with her on a personal level, and I may grow to respect and sympathize with Suzaku one day. But just as that enemy soldier on the other side may not be so bad, his cause most definitely is in your view, and while sad for that soldier he will become just another unfortunate casualty in the pursuit of Zero's inevitable victory of crushing Britannia.
Old 2008-03-23, 16:17   Link #300
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Lelouch, C.C. .

Quote:
Viletta Nui 53
Kaname Ougi 15
They need more love, seriously :/
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, favorite