AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 14:31   Link #41
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Guns are ghey, I'll pass.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 16:28   Link #42
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I actually like the fact that swords are nowhere to be seen. Too many swordies in RPGs already me thinks.
Old 2009-11-19, 14:13   Link #43
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Not really..

The fact that Tri-Ace has teamed up with Sega, the creators of the Ryu ga Gotoku series. It would be strange if the game have no guns at all. More over, the setting of the story itself seems like some sort of post-apocalyptic world in the future. It makes more sense people use guns than swords. More over, the main characters look kind of like delinquents or the mafia but the enemies include cyborgs and androids based on the gameplay videos. It looks really nice, I just hope the game itself won't require a large installation file or that there will be lags during the loading screens.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 14:55   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Well its hard to not get it right back then since they had only made like 3 games by PSOne era. But if you're not so critical than some of the tri-ace stuff won't really bother you but heres what I know alot of my friends and I didnt like about their recent titles.

-Valkyrie Profile 2 left alot to be desired on what was an amazing setup by the first game, it stumbled over itself in story.
Months after this was said, but felt the need to say I absolutely agree! I had such high expectations for how the story was going to work out for this one. Set up great in the first one and then it fell flat on it's face, then shot itself in the foot, and various other metaphors that means they screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I actually like the fact that swords are nowhere to be seen. Too many swordies in RPGs already me thinks.
I'm a bit mixed. Honestly I like swords in RPGs since I just like swords. But don't have a problem with getting guns in some of them. Besides the fact it reminds me of my horrible aim in first person shooters .
Old 2009-11-19, 20:01   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't like guns cause it's not the kind of "skill" I find impressive. I never like long range attacks, it seems wussy to me. It's only an opinion but a man should fight up close and personal, so that if you do kill the guy the look of his dying face will be burn into your mind.
Old 2009-11-19, 20:18   Link #46
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

That tower reminds me of Ar Tonelico...

Tri Ace... maybe this title will be a blast. just maybe, though.
Old 2009-11-19, 22:15   Link #47
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I don't like guns cause it's not the kind of "skill" I find impressive. I never like long range attacks, it seems wussy to me. It's only an opinion but a man should fight up close and personal, so that if you do kill the guy the look of his dying face will be burn into your mind.
Is it me, or I just found a Kaze Hikaru's reference here?

Either way it's fine to me, because Gun-kata is impression enough on its own.
Old 2009-11-19, 23:27   Link #48
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
We meet again Tri-Ace. Your graphics are fantastic but your story and gameplay are sorely lacking these days and you need a better North American localization. How will you respond I wonder?

The fact that they picked Sega of all people to team up with of all choices doesn't give me much hope for anything good to come out of this.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 00:52   Link #49
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The fact that they picked Sega of all people to team up with of all choices doesn't give me much hope for anything good to come out of this.
Huh....?

Am I missing something here? Because I don't really see what's wrong with SEGA.
Old 2009-11-20, 00:56   Link #50
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Huh....?

Am I missing something here? Because I don't really see what's wrong with SEGA.
They havent been up on their game lately. They've released lackluster after lackluster for the past few years, they're no longer associated with the word quality. Just look at their Sonic franchise.

The most recent game that I'm impressed by from Sega is Valkyria Chronicles, great gameplay but pathetic story (big deal in RPGs, but the gameplay was just so great that it overshadowed it).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 01:26   Link #51
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Is the whole acrobatic thing necessary...? I found it to be a turn off. Visually stunning though.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 02:32   Link #52
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
They havent been up on their game lately. They've released lackluster after lackluster for the past few years, they're no longer associated with the word quality. Just look at their Sonic franchise.

The most recent game that I'm impressed by from Sega is Valkyria Chronicles, great gameplay but pathetic story (big deal in RPGs, but the gameplay was just so great that it overshadowed it).
I don't even remember the Sonic franchise. What happened with Yakuza series?
I found that as long as they don't touch the Sonic franchise, their name will be covered with positive remarks.
Old 2009-11-20, 07:25   Link #53
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01
It looks really nice, I just hope the game itself won't require a large installation file or that there will be lags during the loading screens.
Read Westlo's post on the second page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
Nonsense. They've redeemed Sonic with Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Unleashed. Really, you have to look at what Sega's teams other than Sonic Team produce. For example, anything by OverWorks like Valkyria Chronicles and 7th Dragon is pure gold.
Quote:
A friend of mine finished the game a couple days ago, and he thought the story was awesome. That must mean something, because most RPG stories don't impress him.
Old 2009-11-20, 14:46   Link #54
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post

Nonsense. They've redeemed Sonic with Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Unleashed. Really, you have to look at what Sega's teams other than Sonic Team produce. For example, anything by OverWorks like Valkyria Chronicles and 7th Dragon is pure gold.
Actually Sonic Unleashed and Secret Rings were merely par and playable for a change, which came as a shock to a lot of people admittedly. Nothing really made them standout games in any way, but people were happy to at least see competent programming and an absence of near constant gamebreaking glitches and hoped it was the start of a new trend with which to build on for the next game. Then unfortunately they dove right back into the junkpile with the abomination known as Sonic and The Black Knight, which defines the term lack of polish and will last the average player about 2 hours on a straight playthrough. Also since being merged with Sega WOW Overworks has gone on to be largely inconsistant in terms of quality with crap like Project Altered Beast and Nightshade. I think redemption is a long way off for this company until they can find their footing and stick the landing. If that day ever comes......

In any case Sega is only doing the publishing while it's up to Tri-Ace to do the actual game design for End of Eternity. That doesn't really fill me with much confidence, but at the same time I'm not really worried because I had no real plans to pick up this game to begin with.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 17:25   Link #55
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I was just thinking what you just concluded. Sega is the publisher for this title, so it doesn't deserve the flack it gets as a developer in this context.

I've yet to play Sonic and the Black Knight, but the horror stories are holding me back. The main problem seems to be the latency between your physical swing and Sonic swinging his sword.

It's true that the two Sonic titles I mentioned aren't triple A titles, but like you said, they were competent. And that deserves praise. Of course, people keep whining...
Old 2009-11-20, 17:27   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sega are just publishing this, they have nothing to do with the content itself, if anything it will be a better TRI-ACE game because Square won't make them do this and do that. Learn the difference between a publisher and developer please, Sega making crap Sonic games for the last decade has nothing to do with EoE/RoF period. And even if sega's games had a bearing on this VC's a better Rpg than most released in the last 2-3 years.

Quote:
I bet you don't cast any offensive magic in Final Fantasy and other RPGs because that's not what a real man would do right?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 19:07   Link #57
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Sega are just publishing this, they have nothing to do with the content itself, if anything it will be a better TRI-ACE game because Square won't make them do this and do that. Learn the difference between a publisher and developer please, Sega making crap Sonic games for the last decade has nothing to do with EoE/RoF period. And even if sega's games had a bearing on this VC's a better Rpg than most released in the last 2-3 years.

I bet you don't cast any offensive magic in Final Fantasy and other RPGs because that's not what a real man would do right?
You're actually right lol

I generally designate females to be healers and archers. While men characters are melee / tank types.

There's only one time I'll make an exception... and that's a loli with a massive Axe type weapon that's like 2 to 3 times her size.
Old 2009-11-20, 19:12   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
There's only one time I'll make an exception... and that's a loli with a massive Axe type weapon that's like 2 to 3 times her size.
Is there a character like that? I'm sure there is I just can't think of one..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 19:55   Link #59
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Is there a character like that? I'm sure there is I just can't think of one..
Presea Combatir <3
Old 2009-11-20, 23:08   Link #60
Statonxyb
hrm

I'm not sure what people are trying to pull here, but Sonic the Hedgehog died on the Dreamcast.

Tags
ps3, rpg, tri-ace