AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-30, 07:16   Link #1
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Bleach Episode 299 Discussion Thread

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen!

Seems like November will always be a busy month for everyone! But please remember, don't work too hard <shouts to kakkoi-san and to all the hardworkers out there>, and cover yourselves well especially during those cold winter days, that would be a shame to catch a cold for the holidays!
So this week's episode is the prologue for the upcoming Bleach 4th Movie : The Hell Chapter!
I've enjoyed it a lot! It's been a long time since we last saw our Rukia-chan kicking ass again, using her sword skills and kidou! That episode got me all excited for the movie!

Note : The part where Rukia kicked out Shrieker's cloth was kind of funny, looks like the guy was ashamed of his lack of clothing down there xD!!

Enjoy the discussion! ^^

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!
Old 2010-11-30, 07:32   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Yes! The thread is up magically. *blows kisses to Hellychan* Off to bed.
Old 2010-11-30, 07:54   Link #3
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

about the ban on manga spoilers, is it okay to reference the hell chapter manga special which i'm sure was meant as a tie in with this episode?

i thought it was weird that 20 odd pages were compressed into about 10 mins of anime action.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-11-30, 09:47   Link #4
kitten320

I don't see the reason of why they should stretch it, I think everything fit in quiet well.

I'm more curiouse as in what time period the whole Hell arc is happening.
Old 2010-11-30, 11:03   Link #5
MikeyGrey
believe...

^based on ichigo's form shown in the lantern, its after 4th espada's death at the very least. wonder y aizen wasnt chosen though...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-11-30, 12:09   Link #6
kitten320

Maybe they need hollow power? Aizen is still a Soul Reaper.

Sounds a bit funny if you consider the fact that war is still happening after Ulquiorra's death...
Old 2010-11-30, 12:11   Link #7
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
wonder y aizen wasnt chosen though...
Maybe because he isn't a Shinigami and a demon. /speculation
Old 2010-11-30, 12:25   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Afro-chan also has Shikai!
Old 2010-11-30, 14:09   Link #9
kitten320

I was actually suprised to see his shikai in this episode.
Old 2010-11-30, 15:01   Link #10
Gin
*Artist

Yay! A thread by Hellychan!
Everybody better be on their best behavior. *flexes muscles menacingly*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm more curiouse as in what time period the whole Hell arc is happening.
Well Kubo did title the hell chapter as 'imaginary chapter #1' so why don't we just say the movie and this episode are imginary canon, and hopefully we can avoid angering t-dubs.

Last edited by Gin; 2010-11-30 at 21:23.
Old 2010-11-30, 16:10   Link #11
mtarzaim

So sad...

We got a good premice.
A strange hollow slicing up shinigamis on front of wandering souls, with blood and scream like in the old good times, when Bleach was about supernatural stuff and death.
Then we got Rukia kicking major ass in a rematch of one of the best episode of all bleach history.
Finally, we get a glimpse of the fate of the two most twisted arrancars around, with a nice battle at a nice pace (one chapter = 4 minutes!).

And then, all turn ape sh*t.
Because we realize all of it wasn't canon, the story definetily not fitting in the flow of events, past, present or future...

So sad.
This filler has interesting features, so has the movie.
But all goes to waste, because it will never be worthy story-wise.
So this movie will give nothing new about the world fo Bleach, neither its characters nor its mythos.
Even the depiction of Hell might be subject to future alterations.

Again. So sad...

Old 2010-11-30, 17:04   Link #12
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
So sad...

We got a good premice.
A strange hollow slicing up shinigamis on front of wandering souls, with blood and scream like in the old good times, when Bleach was about supernatural stuff and death.
Then we got Rukia kicking major ass in a rematch of one of the best episode of all bleach history.
Finally, we get a glimpse of the fate of the two most twisted arrancars around, with a nice battle at a nice pace (one chapter = 4 minutes!).

Because we realize all of it wasn't canon, the story definetily not fitting in the flow of events, past, present or future...

So sad.
So this movie will give nothing new about the world fo Bleach, neither its characters nor its mythos.

Again. So sad...
Agreed.

For some reason, it all got ruined when Renji showed up xD
Old 2010-11-30, 17:14   Link #13
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
So sad...

We got a good premice.

So sad.

Again. So sad...
I feel like Kubo is just f*cking with us by showing us the superior direction the storyline could have gone. It would have been cool if Yama and the other captains had just rocked the shit out of Ai-chan and Ichigo had gotten pulled into Hell on the way back to FKT.
Old 2010-11-30, 17:26   Link #14
Fran~
floating away...

I don't know, because is quite simple write a really good chapter and make one or two anime episodes... the challenge comes when you have hundreds of chapters... you just can't skipping loose ends.

That's why Bleach is in a free fall after SS Arc.
Old 2010-11-30, 17:38   Link #15
Anubis62

Seeing as I'll just begin ranting if I go into the corniness of filler, preposterous timeframe, loose ends, exasperating crutches (repetitiveness and re-used plot devices), I'll simply look at this for what it is and act as if it's a normal chapter in Bleach.

Theories:

1.) The Sinners managed to escape Hell, but need to wear those costumes in order to remain outside. So they're not really free; thus their need of (H)Ichigo to genuinely open the gate, or whatever seal it is.

2.) They need a Hollow's power because they represent that which goes to Hell(?)...or maybe being in Hell makes a Hollow like Hichigo go God-Mode or somethin' (we already know that something abnormal happens when Ichigo's hollow-tainted self goes into Hell, we just don't really know what), thus the reason they choose Ichigo over, say, Aizen (perhaps they're just being realistic ).

3.) Rukia and Renji are screwed. Thanks alot, Yama-Ji....

On another note (namely, my pessimistic one):

Old 2010-11-30, 17:56   Link #16
NoLongerSane

I thought the episode was entertaining in it's own way. Really enjoyed the Omake at the end. To save a buck, they thought by doing that would actually work.
Old 2010-11-30, 18:16   Link #17
sayde

About the only thing I'll remain skeptic on is what they need to open the gate/seal. While there's enough to suggest they need the power of a hollow specifically, I can't help but wonder if the only thing they really need is an extremely strong spirit. Because Shuren mentioned nothing of needing the power of hollow specifically. He only said that Szayel and Aaronierro's level of power was nowhere near enough to open it. This implies that those two could've indeed opened this gate/seal if they were strong enough. And since those two should no longer be hollow (since they were killed, sent to hell, and have now become "sinners"), it leads me to question whether Ichigo's perfect hollowfication form is truly the only viable subject they can use to achieve their goal.

...unless Szayel and Aaronierro were still hollow upon entering hell and don't completely change into "sinners" until they undergo some sort-of "sinner" transformation.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-30 at 18:36.
Old 2010-11-30, 19:16   Link #18
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Maybe because he isn't a Shinigami and a demon. /speculation
So do you think is that Bleach will end like YuYu Hakusho? I have known it for a while, that is why I left the forum, I saw what was coming and it saddens me. You can brighten up the artwork and change some faces, but it is still YuYu Hakusho imho.
Old 2010-11-30, 20:02   Link #19
Gin
*Artist

^
I thought you left the forum cuz me and the Trizzernaut were being mean to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
...unless Szayel and Aaronierro were still hollow upon entering hell and don't completely change into "sinners" until they undergo some sort-of "sinner" transformation.
That's what I'm assuming, I don't remember anyone ever saying that you lose your hollow powers when you go to Hell anyways though so idk why it even matters.
Old 2010-11-30, 21:12   Link #20
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
So sad.
Who said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
So do you think is that Bleach will end like YuYu Hakusho? I have known it for a while, that is why I left the forum, I saw what was coming and it saddens me. You can brighten up the artwork and change some faces, but it is still YuYu Hakusho imho.
No, but it's a possibility. Just because Ichigo might be half demon don't mean he'll be exactly like another protagonist that so happens to be half demon.