AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 28.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-20, 16:22   Link #61
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Except that the way their exit was portrayed was more like

"...............................

what just happened?"
That's exactly why I liked it so much .
Old 2012-02-20, 20:12   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Shana just felt irrational and immature this episode. Throwing baka tantrums isn't going to make me believe she's in the right .
Old 2012-02-20, 20:16   Link #63
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Shana just felt irrational and immature this episode. Throwing baka tantrums isn't going to make me believe she's in the right .
While it made for a very cute and funny moment in a "good running joke" way, and so I'm kind of glad that it was there, I honestly didn't get at all why Shana was so pissed there. But then, I'll let it slide since Shana probably should have been more pissed back during the first half when Yuji was beating her up and kidnapping her...
Old 2012-02-20, 20:22   Link #64
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

A good 9/10
with

Some twists. Liked how Johann (however you spell his name) questioned Yuji's resolve and love for Shana but still gave the Reiji Maigo up anyway. Didn't expect Wilhelmina to just break either. Awesome fight scenes and Syndonay's beast throw

EDIT: Loved Shana's falcon punch like the others on this thread have talked about. Badass.

- I was confused about some things but thankfully, the people here have answered them in their comments

Last edited by Ec1ge; 2012-02-20 at 20:54.
Old 2012-02-21, 00:24   Link #65
Crontica

Wilhelmina's case seems to be self served karma with a dash of bad luck, this is assuming she was too straight laced to be trusted with any info relating to the black box that is Sakai Yuji what so ever.
Old 2012-02-21, 02:03   Link #66
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm not exactly sure as to what Pheles and Johan's appearance served to achieve for the bigger picture, though I surmise that if he decided to retake the Reiji Maigo for himself things would have drastically changed: Yuji would have effectively become mortal and a regular Torch, and we'd have a setup for a bittersweet ending.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:36   Link #67
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm not exactly sure as to what Pheles and Johan's appearance served to achieve for the bigger picture, though I surmise that if he decided to retake the Reiji Maigo for himself things would have drastically changed: Yuji would have effectively become mortal and a regular Torch, and we'd have a setup for a bittersweet ending.
Shana would have found a way... se would even beg Johan for the RM.
Anyway, I think it was interesting to watch Wilhelmina snap like that: she always was very frivolous and didn't show her feeling easily, so that was a nice surprise. Also when she stammered when Shana punched Yuji and then suggested them attacking SnH's true body. That was one of my favorite parts in the whole series: Shana going tsundere, Sydonai remarking how Yuji didn't know how to deal with women, Yuji asking for advise and then after all this Shana regaining herself and charge SnH. Epic!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-02-21, 10:22   Link #68
alvinkhorfire

Here is additional information about the origin of Yuji's sense of pre-recognition, courtesy of Flere821. Do not worry, as the link describes the events that have been animated.

Quote:
Johan was the one responsible for Yuji being able to sense things, to get him involved with things like Flame Hazes and Denizens so Pheles will find Yuji and extract him. His plan backfired when Shana was the one that found Yuji and Yuji got a lot more powerful along the way, when he was supposed to be just taken apart for Johan to be released when Pheles found him. After talking with Pheles, Johan changed his plans to just accept a hopeless situation and his death, to taking a gamble on how Kazumi will use her cross.
Yes, we could have said that due to Johan, Yuji was able to walk in Fuzetsu and was involved in things like Flame Hazes and Denizens, starting from the very first episode of the entire anime. Wow, the plot of Shakugan no Shana is definitely well thought out by the author.

Losing his sense of pre-recognition is a major loss for Yuji. I certainly cannot estimate how much it will worsen Yuji's combat ability.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:29   Link #69
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Here is additional information about the origin of Yuji's sense of pre-recognition, courtesy of Flere821. Do not worry, as the link describes the events that have been animated.
finally I got my answer....
but but... then is that means this Sakai Yuji right now is without his awesome brain and analyzing ability??? that sucks.... I like smart Yuji (and I know Shana loves that part of him as well)
Is that means from now on he will be careless in executing his plan???
Old 2012-02-21, 10:35   Link #70
alvinkhorfire

^
@~Yami~
Well, Deathscyther answered your question before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Yuji didn't lose his intelligence. He's good at making plans because he's smart. He lost his sense of pre-recognition. Yuji often 'sensed' things. Like when he was able to pinpoint the rinne when the Aizen siblings attacked and when he 'sensed' that something was under the ground when Sabrac attacked Misaki City.
In other words, even after Johan left, Yuji is still just capable in making intelligent plans.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:37   Link #71
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
finally I got my answer....
but but... then is that means this Sakai Yuji right now is without his awesome brain and analyzing ability??? that sucks.... I like smart Yuji (and I know Shana loves that part of him as well)
Is that means from now on he will be careless in executing his plan???
I think he is smart by himself, but it will change things a little since Johan isn't inside him now... And I want to see how much it will change the situation! He couldn't even foresee the minivan trick... As I am re-watching season 2, his ability has been really important and very praised by Shana, Alastor and even Margery and Wilhelmina, but that doesn't mean he isn't strong or capable of thinking through stuff.

Anyway, as alvinkhorfire pointed, Deathscyther explained it much better than me

Last edited by Senshigeia; 2012-02-21 at 11:50.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:34   Link #72
king12354

This ep. made me realize how many people were living inside Yuji. Pretty hard to get any privacy I guess.

Also, it's saddening to see the characters reduced to relying on the "power of love" to fight. Ruined all the depth they had in previous seasons.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:38   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What do you mean? If anything they were far more shallow in the previous seasons
Old 2012-02-21, 14:17   Link #74
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
While it made for a very cute and funny moment in a "good running joke" way, and so I'm kind of glad that it was there, I honestly didn't get at all why Shana was so pissed there. But then, I'll let it slide since Shana probably should have been more pissed back during the first half when Yuji was beating her up and kidnapping her...
Aren't we forgetting that Shana's just a teenage girl who hasn't experienced love before meeting Yuji? It's a logical reaction for a teenage girl to lose her cool in this situation.

See it like a teenage girl being 'dumped' by the guy she likes. The reason why the guy dumps her isn't because he doesn't love her, but because of something else. The girl doesn't accept this reason and believes that they would still have been able to be together.

Shana had been keeping all her feelings locked up in her heart as well. All of her doubts, all of her fears. She had been silent and withdrawn all this time because it was hard for her to face Yuji.

All of this made Shana lose her cool and she erupted, viontly attacking the cause of her disappointment and anger.

Quote:
Yes, we could have said that due to Johan, Yuji was able to walk in Fuzetsu and was involved in things like Flame Hazes and Denizens, starting from the very first episode of the entire anime. Wow, the plot of Shakugan no Shana is definitely well thought out by the author.
Yeah, everything was carefully planned out since the beginning.

I guess this is why Shana and Alastor kept saying that Yuji was a special/strange 'mystes' for being able to 'sense' things and being able to move in a Fuzetsu. I guess that mystes normally aren't supposed to accomplish those kind of feats.

Quote:
Losing his sense of pre-recognition is a major loss for Yuji. I certainly cannot estimate how much it will worsen Yuji's combat ability.
It'a a pretty big disadvantage to be honest.

Yuji has to fight using his eyes now. He'll be in trouble the moment he loses sight of Shana. Shana will have to make use of her speed and experience now.

If Shana decides to fight like a guerrilla fighter she'll have an even greater advantage. But as Yuji seems to be stalling for time, I guess that this would be in his favour in the end.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Also, it's saddening to see the characters reduced to relying on the "power of love" to fight. Ruined all the depth they had in previous seasons.
Instead of ruining all the depth they had, I think it shows how much these characters have grown throughout the series. The flame haze here aren't emotionless soldiers that are just fighting for the mission anymore. They're not just flame haze anymore. They're all fighting for their personal reasons, combining their flame haze side (power) and their human side (emotions) in order to protect/save the people they love.

This is why I liked it when Yuji noticed that Shana arrived in her school uniform. He understood it right away as well. She's not fighting as a flame haze, she's fighting as Shana.

Same goes for Yuji. He started out as a weak torch and a mystes, a remainder of a dead human being who was fated to eventually fade out of existence. But he became stronger because he loves Shana. She's the reason why he started training; why he put himself in danger more than once; why he merged with a god and why he's creating a whole new world. It's all because of love.

It's not that they're relying on the power of love. It's more like they became stronger because of love. Emotions can do a lot with people after all. It's as Johan said "Love lets you do anything, hurdle over any obstacles and common sense."

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-02-21 at 14:47.
Old 2012-02-21, 14:46   Link #75
Senshigeia

Deathscyther's comments are always the most pleasant to read. He pretty much said everything as usual.
As for my personal opinion, I think the characters are stronger than ever and the story more interesting than ever. After all Shakugan no Shana's story is made of love...

EDIT: @Deathscyther: to tell you the truth I searched your profile to be sure about it, but I didn't see it. My humble apologies...

Old 2012-02-21, 14:50   Link #76
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
Deathscyther's comments are always the most pleasant to read. She pretty much said everything as usual.
As for my personal opinion, I think the characters are stronger than ever and the story more interesting than ever. After all Shakugan no Shana's story is made of love...
She...?
Old 2012-02-21, 21:33   Link #77
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It's one of the best Shana pieces around
Akai Namida is in my top 3 shana songs, it is a sad yet smoothing song.
Old 2012-02-22, 10:23   Link #78
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I think he is smart by himself, but it will change things a little since Johan isn't inside him now... And I want to see how much it will change the situation! He couldn't even foresee the minivan trick... As I am re-watching season 2, his ability has been really important and very praised by Shana, Alastor and even Margery and Wilhelmina, but that doesn't mean he isn't strong or capable of thinking through stuff.

Anyway, as alvinkhorfire pointed, Deathscyther explained it much better than me
Quote:
^
@~Yami~
Well, Deathscyther answered your question before.

In other words, even after Johan left, Yuji is still just capable in making intelligent plans.
ah I see... it has been answered....

but I believe he will be more careless from now on.... I always think his sense of precognition is one of his good points and now it's gone

yeah... Deathscyther is a good explainer
Old 2012-02-22, 12:47   Link #79
elleinad00

10/10 episode!!

Yuji made Shana cry!!! (but seeing her emotions made me feel awwwww...... (kaawa-awang tao))
"Yuji no Bakkkkkaaaaaa!!" + Falcon Punch war really epic!
Sydony and Yuji coversations about no-good-at-handling-girls was laughable. I pity you guys...

Johann loving his voice it's so sexy and cute....

One of the main highlight for me is the Yuji and Johann conversation. Everything that "Johann's words of wisdom" are really true.

Yuji not even considering Shana's insights on what she see about creating Xanadu for the humans, Flame Haze and Tomogaras can live in peace. For me I thought that both of them are in love with each other but in a very different way that leads to I think a one sided love as you say, especially for Yuji. It seems to that he don't even know what really love is and he's always saying that he is doing this for Shana,for Shana that...... blah blah blah.... but he's blind to Shana's emotions. It's not being dense because I can understand that if he's just really dense about those but no he's been blinded because of his plan and that really makes me pissed off to Yuji. HE REALLY IS UNDERESTIMATING LOVE.

I really don't know at where do Shana got those patience and being still in love with Yuji after everything. Yuji made her lonely after his disappearance and just suddenly appears and tells her I want to be with you or what. Defeated her. Kidnapped her. Locked her. Making her feel alone. Pissed off because she doesn't have any power. Came to a situation of Life-Death experience. Confessing her love whole heatedly but didn't got any response to that certain person who's always stating to her that "I'm just doing this for you." thingy. Making her cry. Always making him realize that is being with me, helping each other, kicking the tomogaras butts with the help of each other, having with each other, etc. but unfortunately he can't realize what the hell are you talking about. IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE SHANA'S LOVE IS ONE SIDED. It's like she'd been rejected.

And now Wilhelmina's going emo. Oh Golly.

I really love the Akai Namida part even though it's Kazumi POV.

Well can't wait for the next episode which is episode 20 and 5 episode left. Ship.
Old 2012-02-23, 17:39   Link #80
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
why was that van awesome and where can i get one.