AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 28
10: Amazing... 4 8.33%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 4 8.33%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 27.08%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 25.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 14.58%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 5 10.42%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 6.25%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-26, 14:10   Link #181
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, we have no idea what this new machine is at the moment. We don't have a name or a lineart, and no new model kit for it has been announced. Not entirely unheard of in Gundam, if 00 was any indication (what with the Reborns Gundam).
Old 2012-04-26, 15:55   Link #182
X207
Gamyūsa

i do know that they'll eventually reveal that MS there so i just have to wait . i will most likely get that unknown MS.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:34   Link #183
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
I don't take flit's words literally either, though given the way it's presented in this episode, it's not unexpected that some people would take flit's words literally.

Lol yea, I think it's just two people at most here who would paint the Vagan in white light. This line of criticism has really been blown out of proportion here somehow, probably due to arguments in past threads as mentioned...
I don't quite understand this but I'm guessing you mean trying to make them out to be the good guys? If that's the case then you couldn't be more mistaken.

I have criticized the Vagan's methods since day 1. When they revealed their story I said Ok, these guys have a valid reason to be pissed off BUT it doesn't justify their destroying colonies and killing civilians. That was wrong, but just like the Vagans are wrong so is Flit for wanting to carry out a genocide. Or are we supposed to go along with Flit because he is a main character, piloted a Gundam and his mommy was killed in a Vagan attack?

You guys are trying to find w/e possible excuse there is to justify Flit.

He said it and he meant it. I don't need to wait until he starts his genocide to say that what he intends to do is fucked up.
Old 2012-04-26, 19:34   Link #184
X207
Gamyūsa

id like to hope Asemu and Kio are more understanding and veer away from the Vagan genocide plan.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:26   Link #185
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I do hope we go for another "We will understand eachother" route like 00, unlike SEED Destiny's "We win, so we are right" approach.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 14:31   Link #186
X207
Gamyūsa

i found 00 movie "We will understand each other" a bit arbitrary but id like to see serious and unbiased negociations regarding vagan repopulation of earth.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:21   Link #187
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, I do hope we go for another "We will understand eachother" route like 00, unlike SEED Destiny's "We win, so we are right" approach.
For my point of view it was more like please don't kill us...
I really hate how Setsuna refuse to attack them even when they start killing everyone right and left...
(Even Kira attack his enemy.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:53   Link #188
DV04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I really hate how Setsuna refuse to attack them even when they start killing everyone right and left...
I disagree. Well, Setsuna did kill some of the ELS with his GN Buster Rifle. Besides, the ELS started being hostile because of how the humans approached them. They saw it as an act of aggression or a threat. After all, the 00 Quanta was the Gundam that Setsuna always wanted, which was to be a peace keeper and not a war machine, despite it can be. I think Setsuna didn't want to sortie and kill the ELS left and right because it wouldn't have changed anything. He wanted to come to a mutual understanding without the need of force. Of course, it didn't work out fully since he had to use the GN Buster Rifle to try to create an opening inside the ELS' mothership.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 03:30   Link #189
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Well, like ^ said, Setsuna did attack when he felt it was absolutely necessary. This is also one way of highlighting his evolution into an Innovator - that unlike normal human beings, Setsuna has gained a higher mental consciousness allowing him to sense and respond in a more nuanced and empathetic manner. His comrades, on the other hand, who aren't Innovators, just struck the ELS because as human instinct dictates, they had to kill to survive, or be killed.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion